PDA

View Full Version : Rats sign Dennis Dixon

JAR
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
and it isn't to pump him for info, it was to screw the Steelers so they can't sign him.

hawaiiansteel
11-14-2012, 02:41 PM
and it isn't to pump him for info, it was to screw the Steelers so they can't sign him.

they can have him.

JAR
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM
Very true, but what a classless organization..

Oviedo
11-14-2012, 02:57 PM
they can have him.

If anything him not be available is a big plus for us. It removes the temptation to do something dumb.

JAR
11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
True, they did us a favor, but they weren't thinking that way.

flippy
11-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Wasn't he the one to throw an INT against the Ravens that cost us a game a few years back?

Notleadpoisoned
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I guess if the Steelers sign Troy Smith then it would pretty much even things out again.

phillyesq
11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
Wasn't he the one to throw an INT against the Ravens that cost us a game a few years back?

Yes, he was.

Slapstick
11-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Well...that's it...

The Ravens signed Dennis Dixon...the game is all but lost for the Steelers...

Mister Pittsburgh
11-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Don't we run a different system then Dixon was involved in?

JAR
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Yeah we do, plus Lefty was on IR last year...so, it isn't to pump him for info..it looks like the only reason they signed him is knowing we would be looking for a QB to sign and signing him may screw us.

Oviedo
11-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Don't we run a different system then Dixon was involved in?

Resigning Dixon would be no value to us. He doesn't know squat about what we do now and probably didn't when he was here. The NFL saw enough of him which is why he was sitting around waiting for the Ravens to sign him.

flippy
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Given that the Ravens are worried about DD, I'm thinking this game might be a cakewalk.

SidSmythe
11-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Come On People. I think the Ravens know everything they need to know about us...they probably know more about us than Dennis Dixon does

hawaiiansteel
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Come On People. I think the Ravens know everything they need to know about us...they probably know more about us than Dennis Dixon does

especially since Dennis Dixon knows nothing about Todd Haley's offense.

however, because Dennis Dixon has had a previous stint on Baltimore's practice squad he might have been able to give our defense some insight into the Ravens' offense.

Terrible Towlie
11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm sure moronic Ravens fans are sitting there thinking their organization is such a smart group of people.

I don't think it would matter if Dixon was available. I don't know what he's been doing, but it dosn't sound like he's been doing much in terms of football. Even if we signed him today and he knew Haleys offense, he wouldn't be in "football shape"

Yes, this royally F*****G sucks that Ben isn't going to probably play for several weeks, but we have to move on. The Defense, special teams, etc. need to step up and start making plays. Create Turnovers, stop getting stupid penalties, protect the football, etc.

Oviedo
11-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Create Turnovers

What is that? Do you have a picture we can send to the defense?

hawaiiansteel
11-14-2012, 06:27 PM
What is that? Do you have a picture we can send to the defense?

yes, here's one...

http://thegazette.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/timmons.jpg

SteelBucks
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Any former NFL QB > Dennis Dixon

DukieBoy
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm sure moronic Ravens fans are sitting there thinking their organization is such a smart group of people.

Isn't that redundant ?

hawaiiansteel
11-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Isn't that redundant ?

yes, it is...

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/medium_70d000ae79383d5c8d145486940567e7.jpg

Terrible Towlie
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM
yes, it is...

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2012/01/medium_70d000ae79383d5c8d145486940567e7.jpg

HAHAHA

Yes. It never gets old to see

Terrible Towlie
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
grown men wearing their purple dressed up like birds with pride. Morons!

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Resigning Dixon would be no value to us. He doesn't know squat about what we do now and probably didn't when he was here.

$$$$
People are reading too much into the Raven's re-signing of Dixon. They have had him through part of the season, only cutting him to bring another player up from the practice squad. He's a fringe player, so he's prone to these number games. They want to keep him in tow as an emergency backup, that's all.

hawaiiansteel
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Baltimore coach talks about signing Dixon

November 14th, 2012
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

There has been speculation that the Baltimore Ravens re-signed former Steelers quarterback Dennis Dixon to their practice squad to prevent any possibility of his former team adding him in the wake of Ben Roethlisberger’s injury.

Baltimore coach John Harbaugh was asked about that during a conference call with the Pittsburgh media on Wednesday.

Harbaugh didn’t appreciated the question asked by 105.9’s Tim Benz about the possibilty of the Ravens re-signing Dixon to prevent the Steelers from doing so.

“Was Pittsburgh going to bring him back. I really wasn’t aware of that,” Harbaugh said.

Well, with Ben hurt, the reporter responded before Harbaugh cut him off.

“Have you heard that? If there is some information along those lines … if you have that then that’s probably a question to address but if you haven’t heard that and it’s kind of a rumor or speculation it is probably not worth addressing as a question.”

And with that, the teleconference ended.

Dixon was signed to the Ravens’ practice squad at the beginning of the year but was released last week.

This is what the Ravens’ website wrote on Tuesday: “Dixon had been with the Ravens for the first nine weeks of the season, allowing them to acquire knowledge about the unit’s inner workings. The timing of the move is of note, considering the rivals are set to clash Sunday and Pittsburgh may be in need of a quarterback with Roethlisberger ailing.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/14/baltimore-coach-talks-about-signing-dixon/

fordfixer
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Baltimore coach talks about signing Dixon

November 14th, 2012
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

There has been speculation that the Baltimore Ravens re-signed former Steelers quarterback Dennis Dixon to their practice squad to prevent any possibility of his former team adding him in the wake of Ben Roethlisberger’s injury.

Baltimore coach John Harbaugh was asked about that during a conference call with the Pittsburgh media on Wednesday.

Harbaugh didn’t appreciated the question asked by 105.9’s Tim Benz about the possibilty of the Ravens re-signing Dixon to prevent the Steelers from doing so.

“Was Pittsburgh going to bring him back. I really wasn’t aware of that,” Harbaugh said.

Well, with Ben hurt, the reporter responded before Harbaugh cut him off.

“Have you heard that? If there is some information along those lines … if you have that then that’s probably a question to address but if you haven’t heard that and it’s kind of a rumor or speculation it is probably not worth addressing as a question.”

And with that, the teleconference ended.

Dixon was signed to the Ravens’ practice squad at the beginning of the year but was released last week.

This is what the Ravens’ website wrote on Tuesday: “Dixon had been with the Ravens for the first nine weeks of the season, allowing them to acquire knowledge about the unit’s inner workings. The timing of the move is of note, considering the rivals are set to clash Sunday and Pittsburgh may be in need of a quarterback with Roethlisberger ailing.”

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/11/14/baltimore-coach-talks-about-signing-dixon/
Sounds as it the question may have hit a nerve or something:D

fezziwig
11-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Tom Coughlin used to do the same thing when he coached the Jaguars and they were in our division. It's getting every edge you can but at this point, what could Dixon add for them ? This Dixon was another waste of a Steelers roster spot for how many years ? But again, we had Steeler fans wearing the black n gold glasses thinking he was good enough to be a starter.
I think it is tacky, unproffesional to do the spy business rather than the coaching business.

fezziwig
11-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Sounds as it the question may have hit a nerve or something:D

Yep, the reporter showed him is shiit and stuck his nose in it. He should have just smacked Harbaugh in the nose with the paper. Either way, Harbaugh got called out.