PDA

View Full Version : Next Years Draft

fezziwig
11-07-2012, 07:49 PM
It's mid season and with mid season I'm currious what players/position you feel at this time should be a draft priority ?

Safety
Linebacker
D-line

For me, whatever best available at the time for any of the three I mentioned.

hawaiiansteel
11-07-2012, 08:29 PM
BPA, unless you just can't bypass a stud like Jason Worilds of course...:D

flippy
11-07-2012, 08:37 PM
TE, NT, OLB, ILB, S, CB

It's hard to say not knowing what may happen with guys health and FA before next year.

SidSmythe
11-07-2012, 08:44 PM
When you're drafting towards the 2nd half of the 1st round you MOST LIKELY aren't going to get a guy who's gonna start Day 1.

I'm thinking we address Defense this year early: Safety & ILB immediately come to mind.

steelz09
11-07-2012, 08:48 PM
We need to go heavy on defense but oddly enough, I would stay away from d-line in the early rounds. Safeties and LBers are a must. The only offensive players I would draft would be a later round TE and possibly a WR.

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm surprised you guys said TE. I think we have an excellent pair with Miller and the new guy. Is it Paulson or something like that. I know injuries, contracts retirement all have something to do with whom we pick but, this is just a crystal ball guess as for how you see this team today and possibly their needs if it was time to do the draft. It does seem like we always do well with number one draft picks at the TE position.
Excellent point by Sidsmythe with our drafting position amongst the other teams, seldom do we get a pick so high or so talented from the start that, we can throw him into the fire on day one. Well it did work with Pouncey and possibly DeCastro had he not been injured. I think the defense is a more different scenario since everyone speak how difficult or cutting edge it is compared to other defenses.

phillyesq
11-08-2012, 08:19 AM
If Wallace leaves as a FA, is traded, or is signed to a one year tender, I think that a WR becomes a high priority. WRs typically take a year or two to develop, and if Wallace is gone, I think the Steelers will need another deep threat and/or a big WR to compliment Brown and Sanders.

steelblood
11-08-2012, 08:52 AM
My list in order of priority (I'll assume we don't resign any UFAs at this point to simplify things). In general this is a list of holes we will need to fill mostly through the draft. Of course, some of these holes will likely be filled by resigning a player or two from our current squad.

Possible early round/middle round targets...

S - Replacements for Troy and Clark must be groomed
OLB - I believe Harrison will be cut. We need to pressure the QB better.
OT - Max Starks is a UFA. If nothing changes, Gilbert and Adams are your tackles for next season. That will get Ben killed and there is absolutely no depth behind them. You may say that we have too many high choices invested in the line. I'll counter with, protecting Ben is the most important thing this team must do and this draft is loaded with pass protecting OT tackle talent. Besides, we all know Gilbert will not play in several games.
CB- Keenan Lewis is a UFA
WR - Speedy WR to replace Wallace and perhaps even a big red zone threat
ILB - Foote has not been great, but he has gotten better. Perhaps Sylvestor or Spence can do the job. A big run stopping ILB with some short area coverage skills would be good.

Mid-round/later round targets

DL-draft someone who is ok in a base 3-4, but excels at getting after the passer on passing downs.
RB - When Mendenhall goes, we could use some depth. Baron Batch has been awful so far. Dwyer and Redman are good but very similar types of backs. Rainey is very limited in what he can do because of his size. A back over 200 pounds with good explosiveness and receiving ability would be great.
OL-interior offensive line depth may need to be added as Foster and Legs are UFAs, I believe.

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 08:58 AM
When you're drafting towards the 2nd half of the 1st round you MOST LIKELY aren't going to get a guy who's gonna start Day 1.

I'm thinking we address Defense this year early: Safety & ILB immediately come to mind.

I think you hit the nail on the head with our greatest needs. However if Wallace chooses not to be a Steeler any longer then that first pick may be best spent on a WR or maybe the top receiving TE in the draft who is usually still on the board around the time we select.

I would also not discount a good pass rushing OLB since Harrison is pretty much toast and if this isn't his last season with the team then the end is really near.

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm surprised you guys said TE. I think we have an excellent pair with Miller and the new guy. Is it Paulson or something like that. I know injuries, contracts retirement all have something to do with whom we pick but, this is just a crystal ball guess as for how you see this team today and possibly their needs if it was time to do the draft. It does seem like we always do well with number one draft picks at the TE position.
Excellent point by Sidsmythe with our drafting position amongst the other teams, seldom do we get a pick so high or so talented from the start that, we can throw him into the fire on day one. Well it did work with Pouncey and possibly DeCastro had he not been injured. I think the defense is a more different scenario since everyone speak how difficult or cutting edge it is compared to other defenses.

Paulson is not a potential #1, he will always be a back up. We need to get guy at TE who can step in and be the #1 when Heath leaves or is injured. We have no one who can do that right now on the roster.

Slapstick
11-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Paulson is not a potential #1, he will always be a back up. We need to get guy at TE who can step in and be the #1 when Heath leaves or is injured. We have no one who can do that right now on the roster.

I disagree...

It just depends upon how we choose to use the #2 TE...

Matt Spaeth often got killed on this board, but somehow was able to produce at a starter caliber level when called upon...for example, when Heath Miller missed two games in 2008, Spaeth came up with 12 receptions over those two games...

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I disagree...

It just depends upon how we choose to use the #2 TE...

Matt Spaeth often got killed on this board, but somehow was able to produce at a starter caliber level when called upon...for example, when Heath Miller missed two games in 2008, Spaeth came up with 12 receptions over those two games...

Paulson doesn't have Spaeth's size and I doubt he can block as well. I do agree that Spaeth was unjustly "killed" on this board. Not his fault Arians didn't know how to use TEs.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
I would say OLB then S. If Spence is expected to fully recover, ILB will not be up there but the unknown may bring on a pick in the 3rd.

I'm basing it off my preditions for 2013: Harrison released. Hampton not brought back. Foote brought back on 1 year vet min. Lewis signed long term. Wallace Franchised. Sanders Tendered. Mendy allowed to shop & only signed at bargain with Steelers.

It would not surprise me at all to see OLB, S, ILB as the first three picks. As of right now, I haven't seen anyone on the roster that has "starter" written all over them at those spots in reserve. Spence didn't get his chance and his injury may be a concern. I think he would have pushed Foote to the bench by now. All the other LBs had some type of opportunity and didn't flash. We have seen all the S's with the exception of Golden. I really feel the Steelers will have to come out of this draft with future starters at OLB & S....And I'm thinking a pass rusher to start the season.

steelblood
11-08-2012, 11:22 AM

I agree. We should have kept Saunders. He had that potential. Pope does nothing well except be tall.

steelz09
11-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I would say OLB then S. If Spence is expected to fully recover, ILB will not be up there but the unknown may bring on a pick in the 3rd.

I'm basing it off my preditions for 2013: Harrison released. Hampton not brought back. Foote brought back on 1 year vet min. Lewis signed long term. Wallace Franchised. Sanders Tendered. Mendy allowed to shop & only signed at bargain with Steelers.

It would not surprise me at all to see OLB, S, ILB as the first three picks. As of right now, I haven't seen anyone on the roster that has "starter" written all over them at those spots in reserve. Spence didn't get his chance and his injury may be a concern. I think he would have pushed Foote to the bench by now. All the other LBs had some type of opportunity and didn't flash. We have seen all the S's with the exception of Golden. I really feel the Steelers will have to come out of this draft with future starters at OLB & S....And I'm thinking a pass rusher to start the season.

I agree.

I think we could see 2 safeties drafted in rounds 1 thru 5. Probably 1 pure S and a S/CB-type player.

I'm not sure what the #'s are going to be but I'd like to keep all of the following: Starks, Foster, and Legursky. I don't know what to do about Gilbert especially with Adams playing better. I want the depth but I don't know if Gilbert will want to be a backup to both Starks and Adams. I also think that Foster might try to shop around for a starting job.

Then, we should keep Lewis and Sanders. We could tender Sanders but IMO, it's a safer bet to sign him long term. Then, the Wallace situation. I'd love to have him back but I still can't see paying him for than 50+ million.

So where is the money going to come from? Hampton will be gone and likely Harrison. Will that be enough with some fancy restructures? Will we release Keisel?

BigRob
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Matt Elam(S, Florida) is a guy at safety I really hope declares. He is a Earl Thomas like beast!

RuthlessBurgher
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Among senior safety prospects, T.J. McDonald (USC), Kenny Vaccaro (Texas), Robert Lester (Alabama), and Baccari Rambo (Georgia) are candidates to be taken on the first 2 days of the draft. Junior safety prospects Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma), Eric Reid (LSU), and Matt Elam (Florida) could join them if they decide to declare. Anyone for spending 2 of our top 3 draft picks in order to get two of these guys? We've had success doubling down before in the same draft (LB's Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, WR's Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, CB's Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, OL David DeCastro and Mike Adams).

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM

Totally agree with everything you wrote except for franchising Wallace. Even with lots of cuts (harrison and Hampton) i just don't see the money being there.

steelblood
11-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Among senior safety prospects, T.J. McDonald (USC), Kenny Vaccaro (Texas), Robert Lester (Alabama), and Baccari Rambo (Georgia) are candidates to be taken on the first 2 days of the draft. Junior safety prospects Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma), Eric Reid (LSU), and Matt Elam (Florida) could join them if they decide to declare. Anyone for spending 2 of our top 3 draft picks in order to get two of these guys? We've had success doubling down before in the same draft (LB's Lawrence Timmons and LaMarr Woodley, WR's Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown, CB's Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen, OL David DeCastro and Mike Adams).

I like Tony Jefferson and Matt Elam very much. Rambo and Lester could prove to be great ballhawks.

Vaccaro misses a ton of tackles. He whiffs way too much to be a Steeler. I've seen him make some amazing plays, but he misses way too many routine ones. That defense is straight awful and he is one of the reasons.

steelblood
11-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Totally agree with everything you wrote except for franchising Wallace. Even with lots of cuts (harrison and Hampton) i just don't see the money being there.

Gotta agree. Franchising Wallace and signing starks, lewis, and tendering Sanders seems like a lot for a team that will be way over the cap.

focosteeler
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM

Cant say I would be upset with taking 2 safety prospects early, hopefully we can get Keenan Lewis and Sanders back along with Starks, Foster, and Legursky. Then maybe draft Eric Reid, Baccari Rambo and then someone like Shayne Skov. Take an OLB prospect then maybe a TE/WR guy like Jake Stoneburner

steelz09
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
I like Tony Jefferson and Matt Elam very much. Rambo and Lester could prove to be great ballhawks.

Vaccaro misses a ton of tackles. He whiffs way too much to be a Steeler. I've seen him make some amazing plays, but he misses way too many routine ones. That defense is straight awful and he is one of the reasons.

Eric Reid, Jefferson, Elam, Rambo. I woudn't mind any of these.

Dee Dub
11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
If Wallace leaves as a FA, is traded, or is signed to a one year tender, I think that a WR becomes a high priority. WRs typically take a year or two to develop, and if Wallace is gone, I think the Steelers will need another deep threat and/or a big WR to compliment Brown and Sanders.

Yes...agreed. Now please see my signature. Terrance Williams covers both and more. Good size, can get vertical, make the tough catches over the middle, scores a bunch of TD's (10 so far this year), more than likely will be available at or near the end of round one, and he is one fine model American. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Dee Dub
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM

Bacarri Rambo to me is the best pure free safety in this entire draft. Ball skills for days. Been plugging him for two years. Problem is, or maybe not a problem depending how one looks at it, is he got in trouble for smoking weed. So he is probably going to drop to late second to end of third round. Vacarro and McDonald I believe are better suited for SS. Lack cover skills to play FS. I love Tony Jefferson. He plays all over the field. He could actually play a lot what what Troy plays. Eric Reid is probably the best all around safety but he too may end up being moved down the road to SS.

Dee Dub
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM

JPN, I always enjoy your draft insight. I agree with you some here. If James Harrison isn't brought back next year ($30 million over the cap next off season), then I think OLB is number 1 priority. If he does come back then I think replacing WR Mike Wallace is number 1. Then I want a real ILB....like Kevin Minter of LSU. He is a 3 down LB who plays well at all aspects of that position. I guarantee you, if the Steelers were to get one like him, Lebeau then can turn Timmons lose.

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Bacarri Rambo to me is the best pure free safety in this entire draft. Ball skills for days. Been plugging him for two years. Problem is, or maybe not a problem depending how one looks at it, is he got in trouble for smoking weed. So he is probably going to drop to late second to end of third round. Vacarro and McDonald I believe are better suited for SS. Lack cover skills to play FS. I love Tony Jefferson. He plays all over the field. He could actually play a lot what what Troy plays. Eric Reid is probably the best all around safety but he too may end up being moved down the road to SS.

IMO I would take Eric Reid in a heartbeat because Troy's SS position is where we need the most help. Except for games in Denver, Ryan Clark is more reliable than Troy right now. However, as I have stated numerous times, we need two safeties in this draft unless we think Golden is a real factor in the future and not another Ryan Mundy.

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 05:53 PM
The player Johnson that got hurt the start of the season, I was never impressed with him. Is he on IR was he cut and whatever the scenario is with him, I don't want him back. The fullback Johnson we have now seems to be doing just fine so far.

Oviedo
11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
The player Johnson that got hurt the start of the season, I was never impressed with him. Is he on IR was he cut and whatever the scenario is with him, I don't want him back. The fullback Johnson we have now seems to be doing just fine so far.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES to this. Will Johnson is ten thousands times the player David Johnson is.

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 06:04 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES to this. Will Johnson is ten thousands times the player David Johnson is.

So your saying you agree with me ?

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Mr. I won't have a fullback in my offense threw David Jonson against the wall and he stuck. Heck, he probably didn't even stick. Arians put no effort in getting a real fullback or at least didn't study any player well enough to see if he could be a fullback. Johnson was a crummy bummy from the start and Arians didn't care because he's a dope.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, when I heard Arians was realeased it was like a Phoenix rising from the sun. And no longer do I have to chant, " serenity now" while I watch our offense.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-08-2012, 09:27 PM
remember this name: cordarelle patterson WR, Tennessee

this guy is electric with the ball in his hands, would be a great round 2 pick if he declares. Maybe the most athletic guy on the hill since carl pickens. With wallace likely gone this may fill a need and give a bigger WR that the steelers need in the redzone.

Dee Dub
11-08-2012, 10:04 PM
remember this name: cordarelle patterson WR, Tennessee

this guy is electric with the ball in his hands, would be a great round 2 pick if he declares. Maybe the most athletic guy on the hill since carl pickens. With wallace likely gone this may fill a need and give a bigger WR that the steelers need in the redzone.

Well he's already pretty much a household name. Some have him already creeping into the first round. With this being his first year ( JR. college transfer), I think he would be better suited to go back to Tennessee next year. My guy, (Terrance Williams ), is more polished than Patterson and just as electric. But good call on your part nonetheless.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-08-2012, 10:22 PM
didn't know he was a household name already dub.

no doubt he needs to improve his route running, but I disagree that it would be better for him to return to tennessee as everyone here has bray bolting and no proven qb behind him. I actually think it would hurt his stock to return. His kick return skills are off the charts as well.

I like him better than justin hunter who is a projected top 20 pick, but is soft, IMO.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-09-2012, 12:55 PM
JPN, I always enjoy your draft insight. I agree with you some here. If James Harrison isn't brought back next year ($30 million over the cap next off season), then I think OLB is number 1 priority. If he does come back then I think replacing WR Mike Wallace is number 1. Then I want a real ILB....like Kevin Minter of LSU. He is a 3 down LB who plays well at all aspects of that position. I guarantee you, if the Steelers were to get one like him, Lebeau then can turn Timmons lose.

I actually think Harrison & Wallace's fate are tied to each other. If the Steelers have intentions to franchise or lock up Wallace long term...Harrison's cap number-production will be the top of the list. That statement holds true even with a productive Harrison down the stretch. If Harrison continues to play the way he has...His lack of production will put his cap number on the top of the pile. To be honest, it is time.

In my opinion, I think the Steelers replacement plan for Wallace in 2013 is Sanders. I do not think the Steelers will do anything at WR inside the top 2 picks even if they let Wallace walk. Sanders will be here regardless and by the end of 2013 they will know what direction they need to go. I'm all for keeping Wallace here & hope that happens. That is my take on the situation.

I expect the LB core to have some new faces next year. Obvioulsy if Harrison isn't in the plans, which is my belief, they will need one asap. Pass rushers command big dollars in FA so that is why I think 1st round projection is a fit. The Spence injury is going to make things difficult to gauge at ILB. So I'm being optimistic but at the same time cautious. Minter is a good ball player. Of course Te'o would be sweeter if we were going that route but he played himself out of the Steelers reach. If you are saying Minter falls to us in the 2nd & Spence is a concern...He would be a great additon.

I'm a PSU homer but everyone on this board knows I very seldon have any luv for a PSU LB coming out. I passed on all PP & Lee...Did like Bowman though. Hodges is a kid who has caught my eye. He looks like he could be inside in a 3-4 but has pass rush & cover skills too. He is alot like Timmons in his skill set and that seems to be the mold of the LBs the Steelers are looking for in this pass heavy league. If the Steelers have their doubts about Spence or feel he may not be ready, I would consider Hodges in that 2nd-3rd range.

I like this draft so far as it relates to the Steelers needs. I like what I see in rounds 1-3 at OLB & S and even ILB if that is an area of concern. It is early, but I would love to see below. If anything, I expect all of them up the boards.

For my 1st Rd pick, If he comes out, can he fall to the Steelers. I know about his POM charge after his freshman season too. Kid has that "WOW" factor. My 2nd Rd pick will have some great vets to learn from for a year and a pretty good DB coach. My 3rd Rd pick, like I said, if there is a concern would be a good pick.

RD 1 - Damontre Moore OLB
RD 2 - TJ McDonald S
RD 3 - Gerald Hodges ILB

Oviedo
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
I actually think Harrison & Wallace's fate are tied to each other. If the Steelers have intentions to franchise or lock up Wallace long term...Harrison's cap number-production will be the top of the list. That statement holds true even with a productive Harrison down the stretch. If Harrison continues to play the way he has...His lack of production will put his cap number on the top of the pile. To be honest, it is time.

In my opinion, I think the Steelers replacement plan for Wallace in 2013 is Sanders. I do not think the Steelers will do anything at WR inside the top 2 picks even if they let Wallace walk. Sanders will be here regardless and by the end of 2013 they will know what direction they need to go. I'm all for keeping Wallace here & hope that happens. That is my take on the situation.

I expect the LB core to have some new faces next year. Obvioulsy if Harrison isn't in the plans, which is my belief, they will need one asap. Pass rushers command big dollars in FA so that is why I think 1st round projection is a fit. The Spence injury is going to make things difficult to gauge at ILB. So I'm being optimistic but at the same time cautious. Minter is a good ball player. Of course Te'o would be sweeter if we were going that route but he played himself out of the Steelers reach. If you are saying Minter falls to us in the 2nd & Spence is a concern...He would be a great additon.

I'm a PSU homer but everyone on this board knows I very seldon have any luv for a PSU LB coming out. I passed on all PP & Lee...Did like Bowman though. Hodges is a kid who has caught my eye. He looks like he could be inside in a 3-4 but has pass rush & cover skills too. He is alot like Timmons in his skill set and that seems to be the mold of the LBs the Steelers are looking for in this pass heavy league. If the Steelers have their doubts about Spence or feel he may not be ready, I would consider Hodges in that 2nd-3rd range.

I like this draft so far as it relates to the Steelers needs. I like what I see in rounds 1-3 at OLB & S and even ILB if that is an area of concern. It is early, but I would love to see below. If anything, I expect all of them up the boards.

For my 1st Rd pick, If he comes out, can he fall to the Steelers. I know about his POM charge after his freshman season too. Kid has that "WOW" factor. My 2nd Rd pick will have some great vets to learn from for a year and a pretty good DB coach. My 3rd Rd pick, like I said, if there is a concern would be a good pick.

RD 2 - TJ McDonald S
RD 3 - Gerald Hodges ILB

I really like Hodges too and I think he will be a riser in the draft. We may nor be able to wait until Round 3 to get him.

My candidate for the #1 pick is Eric Reid. The dude can flat out play and I have no faith in Troy being reliable anymore.

I would go:

Round 1: Eric Reid (if he declares)
Round 2: LB (Inside or Outside) best available
Round 3: TE or WR

phillyesq
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM

I like the approach in your sig, Dub. Getting a replacement for Wallace lined up is a must (unless he signs an extension), but after that, need to see some reloading on D.

Dee Dub
11-10-2012, 10:37 PM

RD 2 - TJ McDonald S
RD 3 - Gerald Hodges ILB

JPN for what it's worth, some now have Damontre Moore going in the top 5. Gbnreport.com has him at 3rd overall. With guys like Barkevious Mingo dropping Moore has been steady climbing the first round draft board. He is a real player. I see some Demarcus Ware in him.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
I agree with a defense-heavy draft next year, and I like the two-fer strategy at one position that we've tended to use more often than not during the Tomlin era.

At this point, gimme:

1. Eric Reid, S, LSU

2. Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma

3. Mike Mauti, ILB, Penn State

4. Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska

Dee Dub
11-10-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree with a defense-heavy draft next year, and I like the two-fer strategy at one position that we've tended to use more often than not during the Tomlin era.

At this point, gimme:

1. Eric Reid, S, LSU

2. Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma

3. Mike Mauti, ILB, Penn State

4. Baker Steinkuhler, DE, Nebraska

I'd be happy with this. Tony Jefferson can play all over the secondary, at or near the LOS, over the slot, and at the top of the box. He plays sneaky quick. Eric Reid is a big time talent who I think plays better in the pass happy NFL than he has in college.

hawaiiansteel
11-11-2012, 02:12 AM
I really like Walter Football's latest 3 round mock draft:

Pittsburgh Steelers:

Round 1) Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia

The Steelers wanted Dont'a Hightower, but David DeCastro was just too good to pass up at No. 24 this past April. Pittsburgh now has few needs, but one of them is still at inside linebacker. Maybe the team will still end up with an SEC linebacker.

Round 2) Sean Porter, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

James Harrison may not be back next year. He'll be due $6.6 million as a 35-year-old who is having trouble staying healthy. The Steelers may spend an early pick on a rush linebacker.

Round 3) Shawn Williams, S, Georgia

Troy Polamalu can't seem to get healthy, while Ryan Clark, who just turned 33, will be entering his contract year. The Steelers need to get younger at safety.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-12-2012, 10:56 AM
JPN for what it's worth, some now have Damontre Moore going in the top 5. Gbnreport.com has him at 3rd overall. With guys like Barkevious Mingo dropping Moore has been steady climbing the first round draft board. He is a real player. I see some Demarcus Ware in him.

I have seen him jumping up the board too. If he goes up, someone will have to go down. Top 5 seems to me as a "potential" if a 4-3 team goes after him. I'm hoping he weighs-in in the high 230s - low 240's at the comine....Coming in great shape to help his times. Projecting him more in the OLB conversation would be step one. I believe we are around 12 teams in 2012 for 3-4. 5 look to be definite playoff teams. More of them making the playoffs would only help the cause. Of course A & M plays in a Bowl and Moore goes beast mode...He won't be part of the conversation for long.

It is looking like a pretty good draft if you want a pass rusher in the 1st. I'm hoping my gut is right and he is one who falls because of his "tweener" status. He may drop in 4-3 teams eyes because he may not compete right away until he gets stronger & adds some bulk. He may be a situational in a 4-3 early. More than likely, his best shot would be at weakside DE in a 4-3 year one. Most of his snaps appear to be strongside right now. I also see him at weakside in a 3-4 and he may be able to get on the field early as a 3-4 OLB. We will see as the process begins. I'm hoping he starts getting the "weakside" tag associated with his name after combine weigh ins...That would help. I'm projecting him to ROLB.

He is playing with his hand in the dirt this year but he has played standing up. I have been trying to get as many A & M games in as I can (any game with a pass rusher really). The reason why I'm paying attention to him is because he played 3-4 OLB & they still have him dropping into coverage even with his hand on the ground. He is still showing that aspect of standing up even though the moved him to DE. Your comparison of Ware is a perfect one. Sounds like it could be the same Story with Moore being inserted anywhere the name Ware appears. I don't think Moore will weigh-in at 260+ but Ware had that "tweener" tag. Many thought Jones lost his mind taking a 2nd rounder at 11 but I guess there was a time he knew who his guy was and nailed it. Give me at least until the combine to keep my hopes up! ;)