hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
awesome game, you gotta give him props for his performance today! :tt2

8467thekraken
11-04-2012, 08:32 PM
no question.

Snatch98
11-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Agreed. I also think in hindsight the fake field goal was pretty slick, it just didn't work. If it did we'd be going nuts about it. A worthwhile gamble considering the way our D was playing. Redman sealed the deal in traditional steeler fashion and Mr. Quiet Mike Wallace changed the games momentum. Great win in all facets and honestly without a few of the REALLY BAD penalties against the Steelers we ran the show.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM
kid has heart.

maybe not a frontline guy, but damn he gives 100%.

Steelerphile
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Ike has tremendous balance and leg drive. He came to play. Props to Ike. The O-line is playing so much better that it doesn't seem to matter who is back there anymore.

Lonbull
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
For me it was Emmanual Sanders --- huge 3rd down reception, and of course the big punt return to put us in scoring position. He also played a part in helping Mike Wallace turn the corner for his TD Run.

Granted Ben Roethlisberger is probably always our MVP....it just kind of goes without saying.

L.B.

SteelAbility
11-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Redman is very bottom-heavy. Being short to begin with, his center of gravity just makes it extremely difficult for defenders. It looks like he is routinely getting YAC.

feltdizz
11-04-2012, 09:15 PM
He went undrafted for a reason... lol.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-04-2012, 09:21 PM
He also played a part in helping Mike Wallace turn the corner for his TD Run.

FWIW I think that was Cotch.

feltdizz
11-04-2012, 09:35 PM
FWIW I think that was Cotch.

It was... and he did a great job of sealing the edge without touching anyone.

Jigawatts
11-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Bowie State... the next great football factory?:D

Props to Ike:Beer

Sugar
11-04-2012, 10:20 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Redman-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/cf965bce-81e9-42a3-8fc3-ea80f3f2000e

Steel Life
11-04-2012, 11:01 PM
This is what we were hoping for from Redman at the beginning of the season...good to see him healthy & running hard. Here's to an outstanding effort...:Beer

Shoe
11-04-2012, 11:28 PM
NOW WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO IS STEP UP AND LEAD BY EXAMPLE. i.e. Play next week, let the coaching staff know that you are ready to carry the load again this Sunday if needed. DON'T be so ready to slink back into the RB mix...

I'm not saying cause a stink. I'm saying that you need to show people that you want it that bad--that's leadership. That's what championship teams are made of. If Mendenhall is still iffy (which I'm assuming he still is; totally understandable BTW)... and Dwyer wants to nurse his own pussitis, then let the staff know that you are ready to ball!

Chadman
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Will Johnson... because nobody gives props to Will Johnson.

Chadman
11-04-2012, 11:34 PM
wait... is it Johnson or Johnston?

Either way- that dude at FB... Will Anonymous.

papillon
11-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Agreed. I also think in hindsight the fake field goal was pretty slick, it just didn't work. If it did we'd be going nuts about it. A worthwhile gamble considering the way our D was playing. Redman sealed the deal in traditional steeler fashion and Mr. Quiet Mike Wallace changed the games momentum. Great win in all facets and honestly without a few of the REALLY BAD penalties against the Steelers we ran the show.

On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy

8467thekraken
11-05-2012, 08:04 AM
I couldnt agree more, Pap.

You can't win the game right there. But you could tie it and put your team in a better position to win.

Geez, Tomlin! You have to take those points right there!!!

And that fake needs some work. didn't fool anyone.

BURGH86STEEL
11-05-2012, 08:13 AM
On the road, down by three and the defense playing well, take the points and tie to put yourself in a position to win the game. It worked this time, but IMO, in that situation, you have to take the points and tie the game.

Pappy

I agree, it was a bad decision by Tomlin. He should had taken the points in that situation. Tomlin is fortunate that the team won because he would had never heard the end of it from select fans.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Redman stepped up when needed with the other guys down. Kudos to him. If he can do that consistently, then I'm sold. However, I expect when the others get well we will see a real dominant running back by committee.

ikestops85
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
I loved the performance by Redman. It's what I've been looking for from him all year now. That said, my game ball has to go to the offensive line. I've been a very vocal critic of the group, but damn, they are putting it together in the run game and pass protection.

Slapstick
11-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I agree, it was a bad decision by Tomlin. He should had taken the points in that situation. Tomlin is fortunate that the team won because he would had never heard the end of it from select fans.

People say it was a bad decision because it didn't work...

There were three possible outcomes:

1) Score at TD

2) Get a first and goal inside the 3

3) Turn the ball over on downs inside the 4

The defense was playing well...Tomlin was telling his D that he had faith in them (just as when he went for it on 4th down a few weeks ago, he told them the opposite)...

Sugar
11-05-2012, 01:26 PM
People say it was a bad decision because it didn't work...

There were three possible outcomes:

1) Score at TD

2) Get a first and goal inside the 3

3) Turn the ball over on downs inside the 4

The defense was playing well...Tomlin was telling his D that he had faith in them (just as when he went for it on 4th down a few weeks ago, he told them the opposite)...

This is what I was thinking as well. This was a go bold or go home type thing to me. If it didn't work, the consquenses were as minimal as they could be in a game like this.

feltdizz
11-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I loved the performance by Redman. It's what I've been looking for from him all year now. That said, my game ball has to go to the offensive line. I've been a very vocal critic of the group, but damn, they are putting it together in the run game and pass protection.

I could see being critical of Gilbert but I think this OL is playing really good football when you count all the injuries.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I could see being critical of Gilbert but I think this OL is playing really good football when you count all the injuries.

Playing real good and for the first time in recent memory we have two players (DeCastro and Gilbert) who could legitimately challenge for starting positions. I still want Starks for a couple more years.

hawaiiansteel
11-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Playing real good and for the first time in recent memory we have two players (DeCastro and Gilbert) who could legitimately challenge for starting positions. I still want Starks for a couple more years.

Max Starks played about as well as I've ever seen him play yesterday, my fear is that another team makes him an offer the Steelers won't be able to afford to match.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Max Starks played about as well as I've ever seen him play yesterday, my fear is that another team makes him an offer the Steelers won't be able to afford to match.

I think Starks has a lot of loyalty to the organization especially Ben who has gone to bat for him several times. I could see him taking a little less to stay in a winning situation. Hopefully he mentors Wallace.

Lonbull
11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
It was... and he did a great job of sealing the edge without touching anyone.

Ah ---- I thought it was Sanders.....of course my vision was blurred at that moment because I was trying to keep my eyes on Flying Mike!

But I do prefer to give credit where credit is due --- Cotchery played well yesterday, and he helped spring that TD Reception by just being an obstacle in the way for the Giants.

L.B.

chiken
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Special teams - Very few penalties on Great runs by Rainy and Sanders. We killed the giants with hidden yardage.

NorthCoast
11-05-2012, 11:30 PM

I don't want Gilbert anywhere near this offensive line. He has done too much damage with his non-physicality at the point of attack. Mike Adams is not consistent but at least he doesnt tumble backward onto his teammates legs or ankles.

papillon
11-06-2012, 11:19 AM

Even if you don't count the injuries I think the offensive line has been playing good. And, the even better news is that if Haley sees that someone is struggling with a particular pass rusher or run stuffer, etc he gets the guy help which gives Ben confidence the blocking scheme will hold up.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-06-2012, 11:28 AM
I don't want Gilbert anywhere near this offensive line. He has done too much damage with his non-physicality at the point of attack. Mike Adams is not consistent but at least he doesnt tumble backward onto his teammates legs or ankles.

Gilbert is young and was solid last year. Call it a "sophomore slump" or whatever but no way do I discard him from our OL equation.

hawaiiansteel
11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Gilbert is young and was solid last year. Call it a "sophomore slump" or whatever but no way do I discard him from our OL equation.

I agree, although Gilbert has regressed this season it is way too early to give up on him.