PDA

View Full Version : Where is the D Lebeau backers now ?

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Not one blitz, just sit back and give Eli all day to sit in the pocket.

msp26505
11-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Are you out of your mind?

The problem is that the Steelers are being raped by the officials.

The defense is fine.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
good lord.

this is pathetic even for this site.

stfu

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 06:56 PM
We can't win with the refs I agree, but still don't let Eli sit back and let his wr get down the field.

birtikidis
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Where ARE the DL supporters? I'm right here. You probably count that 7 point fumble recovery as a defensive failure. The refs are terrible today. Definitely leaning towards the Giants. Pierra (or whatever) and the NBC official BOTH said the td was a tuck AND that the Ryan Clark call was bunk. We SHOULD be up 10-3 but can't beat the refs, make note of the fact that GODdell is there.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 06:57 PM
that BS fumble call on Ben that was returned for a TD by the Giants was all LeBeau's fault. :roll:

seriously, how can you start this thread when our defense held NY to only 7 points in the first half?

msp26505
11-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Just get used to the fact that this teasm won't get a ton of sacks. As long as they get enough pressure to disrupt the QB (which they have done so far), don't give up the big play (which they have only done through penalty), and continue to stuff the run, they have a good chance of winning because they don't give up a lot of yards.

Add in the ball-control offense Haley is running and it will be fine.

Over the last few games, Lebeau is doing very well considering the talent missing through injury and attrition. Could my opinion change if they give up another late lead? Of course...but I approve of what has transpired over the last three games.

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
that BS fumble call on Ben that was returned for a TD by the Giants was all LeBeau's fault. :roll:

seriously, how can you start this thread when our defense held NY to only 7 points in the first half?The same reason a thread was started last week when wr's was running open and dropping passes ,and the same thread I posted that he will not blitz Eli at all because that's how he coach against Elite Qb's

Eddie Spaghetti
11-04-2012, 07:04 PM
the guy starts this thread every week.

pathetic.

SidSmythe
11-04-2012, 07:05 PM
the Giants have 130 yards and scored 7 B.S. pts and the defense sucks???
You have forever blown all validity with having a clue about football.

JACK@SS!!!!

birtikidis
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
3-9 with a passer rating of 13. Yep Eli is tearing us up

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
The JA had you.

feltdizz
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Can anyone answer why McClendon isn't getting more snaps? Its extremely obvious he gets pressure and collapses the pocket. Besides that I have no problem with DL today

8467thekraken
11-04-2012, 07:45 PM
That comment about how Eli went back to footage from 2008 to study our defense really irked me...

-same defensive players.
-same defensive coordinator
-same defense.

It just doesnt sit well with me...

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Can anyone answer why McClendon isn't getting more snaps? Its extremely obvious he gets pressure and collapses the pocket. Besides that I have no problem with DL today

It is BS McLendon is not the starter.

birtikidis
11-04-2012, 07:56 PM
That comment about how Eli went back to footage from 2008 to study our defense really irked me...

-same defensive players.
-same defense.

And it hasn't helped him.

SidSmythe
11-04-2012, 08:38 PM

-same defensive players.
-same defense.

Yes b/c continuity is such an awful thing. :moon

Eddie Spaghetti
11-04-2012, 08:39 PM
this thread should be bumped all week.

OP looks like the idiot he is.

eniparadoxgma
11-04-2012, 08:53 PM
I'll never understand these types of threads. There are four quarters in a game, and these over-reactionary knee jerk assessments are better kept to one's self at least until the game is over when you have a whole actual game to discuss. There is also a Game Day Chatroom that works pretty well for this purpose as well. Just my opinion.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 08:58 PM

-same defensive players.
-same defense.

Eli went 10/24 for 125 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT and a 41.1 passer rating.

sometimes when a defense executes its assignments it doesn't matter if you know what the scheme is.

DukieBoy
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Lebeau's defense looked great today, holding the Giants' offense to well-below their 400+ ypg average. Seems they are coming together very well, even without Troy and 1/2 of James Harrison.

ikestops85
11-04-2012, 09:36 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/why_you_trippin.jpg

jj28west
11-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Best post ever

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Lebeau's defense looked great today, holding the Giants' offense to well-below their 400+ ypg average. Seems they are coming together very well, even without Troy and 1/2 of James Harrison.

The difference today, and in our other winning efforts this season, is that Timmons' number was called and he was sent after the QB and allowed to be a factor. When he does that, we seem to do well and win games.

Slapstick
11-05-2012, 09:53 AM
The difference between the Giants' D and the Steelers' D:

The Giants have a better pass rush...the Steelers don't have a pass rush as good, but what they have playing behind it is better and more disciplined...

steelblood
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM
The difference today, and in our other winning efforts this season, is that Timmons' number was called and he was sent after the QB and allowed to be a factor. When he does that, we seem to do well and win games.

Yes, this was a big factor. But, it is also a gross oversimplification of what worked today. The cornerbacks and safeties played very well against the run and pass. Eli looked confused and often had to go to his 3rd option. IMHO, this was just as important (if not more so).

Steelhere10
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
I admit that I had a premature moment and the defense looked great but the lack of blitzing will come back to haunt us in the end. And on a side note not once have I called any posters any insulting names and I ask that you give me the same respect. If you don't like my opinion just don't follow my threads.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Yes, this was a big factor. But, it is also a gross oversimplification of what worked today. The cornerbacks and safeties played very well against the run and pass. Eli looked confused and often had to go to his 3rd option. IMHO, this was just as important (if not more so).

I agree. The secondary did play a strong game. It's becoming clearer each week that Harrison is a shadow of himself. Unfortunately he is starting to look like the Ray Lewis we all complained about a couple of seasons ago getting late to the tackle and piling on.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
I admit that I had a premature moment and the defense looked great but the lack of blitzing will come back to haunt us in the end. And on a side note not once have I called any posters any insulting names and I ask that you give me the same respect. If you don't like my opinion just don't follow my threads.

The name calling is just a few posters. Most on this board are great and contribute to good discussion by offering their thoughts and comments. Just ignore those who just hang around to criticize what others say.

Steelhere10
11-05-2012, 10:40 AM
I agree OV the ones who do it never provide their input just follow to criticize.

SidSmythe
11-05-2012, 11:21 AM

I've learned in life to wait until the end before I make a statement. This one came back to bite you in the hiney.
But I still stand by my JACK@SS statement ..hehe :p

Sugar
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Mr. Timmons is having a pretty good year thus far.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Mr. Timmons is having a pretty good year thus far.

Don't tell some that because he will always be found lacking. He sure is better than our other two high-priced Linebackers.