PDA

View Full Version : this game is fixed, and they aren't even trying to hide it

D Rock
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Roger should have remembered to tell the announcers, they're going to blow his cover.

This is absurd.

TD386Steel
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Three bad calls worth 14pts

tiproast
11-04-2012, 06:34 PM
This is absurd.
Looks that way to me, too.

D Rock
11-04-2012, 06:37 PM
41 yd non-penalty
ryan clark's 'hit to the head'
Andre Brown's touchdown while laying on his back at the 1/2 yard line
that bullcrap fumble call

let's see how many more come out here

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Obvious a Vegas game. One that we can't win regardless.

Steel Life
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
3rd bad spot of the day so far for Redman...the Giants can't stop the Steelers only the Refs can - & they're doing a helluva job!

msp26505
11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
41 yd non-penalty
ryan clark's 'hit to the head'
Andre Brown's touchdown while laying on his back at the 1/2 yard line
that bullcrap fumble call

let's see how many more come out here

No call on the clip on Heath.

Eddie Spaghetti
11-04-2012, 06:46 PM
this is pathetic

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 06:48 PM
No call on the clip on Heath.

If that wasn't a clip then I don't know what a clip is, that was way more blatant of a clip than the two blocks from behind that brought Antonio Brown's two TD punt returns back this season.

Steel Life
11-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Must be pissing Goodell off to have to call those motion penalties against the Giants...no holding calls on them either.

8467thekraken
11-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Complete BS!!!

and I still can't stand Nantzy. MAN!

Steel Life
11-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Giants going off-script by missing the FG there...nothing that the Refs can't fix later on.

D Rock
11-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I guess word was sent up to the announcers booth...

"Stop screwing this up. Tell all those people that it was a fumble.

-The Rog"

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Amazing its 14-10.

BURGH86STEEL
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
The fix was in for SB XL in the Steeler's favor according to Seahawks fans.

There is an entire 2nd half of football to be played.

If people believe games are fixed they should stop watching.

Steelhere10
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Same ref from that SB just saying

Steel Life
11-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Ref Leafy is really quick with those calls against us isn't he...

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the head official is a vampire.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM

that's ridiculous...:D

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000249377/polls_ref_5636_871808_answer_2_xlarge.bmp

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 07:39 PM

There is an entire 2nd half of football to be played.

If people believe games are fixed they should stop watching.

please...every call in XL can be shown to be correct. How many of these crap calls can you say the same?

tiproast
11-04-2012, 07:47 PM
That hit on Wallace by Rolle looked like helmet-to-helmet to me.

BURGH86STEEL
11-04-2012, 07:50 PM
please...every call in XL can be shown to be correct. How many of these crap calls can you say the same?
Please, there were several questionable calls in XL.

In case you haven't noticed bad calls happen every week. Bad calls are always going to be a part of sports. It's up to teams to over come that adversity when it happens.

The Steelers had a chance to take the lead in the 2nd half with a great kick off return. They went 3 and out. Still an entire 2nd half to played and anything can happen.\

Why do you watch if you believe the games are fixed?

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 07:59 PM
please...every call in XL can be shown to be correct.

that's right, all of the calls were carefully reviewed...:D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WgV2Bb573gk/TnKbI-gcQGI/AAAAAAAACqc/WfMSX_vGUfk/s1600/SuperBowl-Refs.jpg

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 08:02 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WgV2Bb573gk/TnKbI-gcQGI/AAAAAAAACqc/WfMSX_vGUfk/s1600/SuperBowl-Refs.jpg

Wtf? Are you serious?

feltdizz
11-04-2012, 08:11 PM

LOL... that's hilarious.

There is nothing worse then a football fan who thinks every call in his teams favor is a legit call and.every call against his team is bogus. Don't get me wrong... Ill take the calls that help my teak but I can admit when some of them are iffy.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
There was one BS call in that game. About 5 tonight. Self loathing bastards.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Wtf? Are you serious?

no, I'm not...

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6958/seahawkswine9vl.jpg

Steelerphile
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I think the referees helped them get a lot of their points but the Steelers still won. I think that was one of the most exciting and best games I have ever seen. I knew they were going to lose, but they were not to be denied. Congratulations to the entire cast and crew.

DukieBoy
11-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Good win, through all the adversity.

Djfan
11-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Tiproast - Kudos to you for the honesty. I wish your team had such a legacy.

I couldn't watch the second half. I had to turn it. It was so outrageous that I was just getting pissed.

Glad they won. Don't know if I care.

Jigawatts
11-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Good win, through all the adversity.

The adversity made that win so much sweeter.

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 10:08 PM
I think that was one of the most exciting and best games I have ever seen.
I was on the edge of my seat virtually the whole game, and I loved the happy ending!

:Boobs :tt2

kindlecatsb'ng
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM
On Mike & Mike this AM, Coach Ditka talked about the "worse officiating ever" with this game and 2 others--calling "fictitious calls like the one on Ryan Clark and fumble on Ben".

Golic calling the hit by Ryan Clark on Cruz "a football hit" and that it isn't made such a big deal today because the Steelers won.

Kindle

JDSteeler
11-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Of course Ben's INCOMPLETE pass was a fumble....Thanks Rog!!!

JD

feltdizz
11-05-2012, 11:35 AM
On Mike & Mike this AM, Coach Ditka talked about the "worse officiating ever" with this game and 2 others--calling "fictitious calls like the one on Ryan Clark and fumble on Ben".

Golic calling the hit by Ryan Clark on Cruz "a football hit" and that it isn't made such a big deal today because the Steelers won.

Kindle

it's sad when the announcers have to lie to make the officials and NFL look legit. If this were the replacement refs it would be front page news.

papillon
11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
it's sad when the announcers have to lie to make the officials and NFL look legit. If this were the replacement refs it would be front page news.

In my opinion the only difference between the replacements and the current group is the current group's ability to keep a game moving along smoothly form start to end; otherwise, the refereeing has been just as bad as when the replacements were making the calls (maybe, slightly better, not much).

Pappy

fezziwig
11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
By halftime I was screaming at the TV " Tomlin, don't come out of the lockeroom for the second half. Phone the refs and the commisioners and tell them this. " If you want the Giants to win so badly, just take the win we are going home. "

The Gianst do have the red white and blue colors. Maybe the refs thought it was New England and tried to promote them on to a better record with another cheating win for Bellicheat and Shady.

Worse game called by the refs I've ever seen or remember seeing. And for the talk about the Steelers Seahawk game......The calls they made against the Hawks were legit and had substance. The calls on the Steelers were phantom calls. I believe there was one bad call that went against the Hawks at the end of the game but the rest, were following the rules of the game.

lloydroid
11-05-2012, 06:22 PM
This was so bad, it makes me considering ending my following of the NFL; they are going to kill the golden goose with their freaking corruption. Yea, we won but had to overcome at LEAST 14 points in complete fraudulent calls. How about the int. call where Lewis virtually didn't even touch the WR? That was as bad as any of them. He brushed the WR with a finger nail and that was PI? If I see much more of this, I will indeed consider stop following this league. I am serious.

fezziwig
11-05-2012, 06:35 PM
At one point the annoucers were questioning the bad calls too but then, their tune changed. I'm sure Goodll got on the phone and told them not to stir the pot.

Sugar
11-05-2012, 07:04 PM
At one point the annoucers were questioning the bad calls too but then, their tune changed. I'm sure Goodll got on the phone and told them not to stir the pot.

I'm thinking if anyone called it might have been network brass, not Goodell.

hawaiiansteel
11-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Ike really should have caught this ball and had 2 INTs yesterday, as for the hit by Clark it looks perfectly legal to me.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cruz-hit-11-4-12.gif

bostonsteeler
11-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Ike really should have caught this ball and had 2 INTs yesterday, as for the hit by Clark it looks perfectly legal to me.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cruz-hit-11-4-12.gif

Note that Clark not only hits with his shoulder -- the ball is also still very much in play. The referee ought to be fined and fired.

pittpete
11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
unbelievable how judgement calls can decide games
they really need to make these type of calls reviewable since they happen way too fast to accurately make a call
If it lengthens the game, just take away some of the BS commercials

NorthCoast
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
In my opinion the only difference between the replacements and the current group is the current group's ability to keep a game moving along smoothly form start to end; otherwise, the refereeing has been just as bad as when the replacements were making the calls (maybe, slightly better, not much).

Pappy

Of course. And while people were screaming for the regular refs I was quietly chuckling that there was little difference in the calls other than 'legitimacy' of the reg refs.

fezziwig
11-05-2012, 11:36 PM
the only difference between the regular refs and the replacement refs........ the regular refs can make a bad call much quicker than the replacement refs.

hawaiiansteel
11-06-2012, 02:17 AM
the only difference between the regular refs and the replacement refs........ the regular refs can make a bad call much quicker than the replacement refs.

sad but true, the calls themselves are just as bad but the flow of the game is better with real refs...

hawaiiansteel
11-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Of course Ben's INCOMPLETE pass was a fumble....Thanks Rog!!!

JD

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/bentuck.gif?w=509&h=272

D Rock
11-06-2012, 07:29 AM
The gif of Ben shows both sides of the debate pretty well I think.

Fumble: when his arm is hit, his ring and pinky fingers shift...the ball must already be coming out.

No-fumble: oh wait, what do you know, it was his fingers moving, not the ball, and his other three fingers held their grip on the ball until the momentum of throwing ruined any chance he had to re-grip it and tuck it away. That ball blatantly "pops" out of his fingers, if you know what I mean when I say that.

papillon
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
The gif of Ben shows both sides of the debate pretty well I think.

Fumble: when his arm is hit, his ring and pinky fingers shift...the ball must already be coming out.

No-fumble: oh wait, what do you know, it was his fingers moving, not the ball, and his other three fingers held their grip on the ball until the momentum of throwing ruined any chance he had to re-grip it and tuck it away. That ball blatantly "pops" out of his fingers, if you know what I mean when I say that.

All I know is that Ben must have huge hands to be able to hold on to that ball, first after having his arm hit and then the forward momentum of trying to make a pass. He was almost able to hold on to the ball, incredible.

Pappy

fezziwig
11-06-2012, 06:12 PM
I bet if he didn't have the gloves on this would be a moot point because the ball would have never left his hand.

lloydroid
11-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Note that Clark not only hits with his shoulder -- the ball is also still very much in play. The referee ought to be fined and fired.

Totally agree. If they are going to fine/suspend players for bad acts, there is no reason that the refs shouldn't also be fined/suspended when they screw up this bad. Fair is fair. It angers me to the highest degree. If they keep going this route, I WILL stop watching and supporting the NFL.

jj28west
11-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe it has not yet turned into the WWE but its sickening how poorly the game was judged. You can not deny the human element with the emotion of the hometeam's saga of the hurricane and commish making an appearance.
With the fan's reaction to the hit on Cruz and the way he dropped caused the ref to have the itchy finger.