PDA

View Full Version : Worst Uniforms Ever??

Sugar
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
The Steelers uni's have garnered a lot of bad press. This article even suggests the title of "worst ever:"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers-us-era-uniform-horribleness-180520610--nfl.html

papillon
10-29-2012, 11:07 AM
The Steelers uni's have garnered a lot of bad press. This article even suggests the title of "worst ever:"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/pittsburgh-steelers-us-era-uniform-horribleness-180520610--nfl.html

Oddly enough our kids loved them, especially the fact that each number had its own space by being placed inside a box. They really liked them and hope the Steelers continue to use them as throwbacks. When I saw the game I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would, so, I'm kind of okay with them at this point.

Pappy

Slapstick
10-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Oddly enough our kids loved them, especially the fact that each number had its own space by being placed inside a box. They really liked them and hope the Steelers continue to use them as throwbacks. When I saw the game I didn't hate them as much as I thought I would, so, I'm kind of okay with them at this point.

Pappy

While I thought the throwback unis looked horrendous in the press conference, I didn't think they looked nearly as bad in live action...at least, not on TV...

A friend of mine who is not a Steeler fan felt the same way...

Sugar
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I didn't mind the jersey's as much, but the socks really were over the top. I have yet to see one report where they were reviewed favorably. That said, I still liked them better than the last throwbacks with the yellow helmets- those were atrocious!

Oviedo
10-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Got to put the uniforms in historiacl context. That was stle back in the 1930s when nthe "rugby jersey" look was the vogue. Remember these were historical uniforms to honor the past not fashion statements.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-29-2012, 02:13 PM
I liked them.

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2012, 03:08 PM
worst ever in football maybe, but they aren't worse than the unis worn by the Chicago White Sox...

http://www.pulseuniform.com/stayupdated/images/chicago-whitesox.jpg

Sugar
10-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Got to put the uniforms in historiacl context. That was stle back in the 1930s when nthe "rugby jersey" look was the vogue. Remember these were historical uniforms to honor the past not fashion statements.

Fine, but the 1934 team wasn't one much worth honoring and neither are those horrible rags. It could have been worse though- they could have been in those abominable yellow helmets from past throwbacks.

NorthCoast
10-29-2012, 07:31 PM
They served their purpose... they got a lot of attention. And I actually didn't mind them all that much. Maybe they even helped Ben find receivers in all that bad weather?! ..certainly didn't blend in with any background. My kids thought it was a Halloween joke by the Steelers.

DukieBoy
10-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Those throwbacks are 1 and 0. I'm good with that.

However, I would prefer black pants. Whatever color those pants are ...

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Whatever color those pants are ...

is the wrong color...

Ghost
10-29-2012, 08:48 PM
If I thought it would bring a victory very week I'd be a huge advocate of never taking them off but those things were horrendous. I thought a house might land on Big Ben and I'd only see his legs sticking out with those socks.

Sugar
10-29-2012, 09:08 PM
If I thought it would bring a victory very week I'd be a huge advocate of never taking them off but those things were horrendous. I thought a house might land on Big Ben and I'd only see his legs sticking out with those socks.

Only Ben was wearing pink cleats instead of ruby slippers.

Snatch98
10-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I like the jersey's. Especially in person. I have no idea why they are catching so much crap lol.

skyhawk
10-29-2012, 10:38 PM
If the Steelers lose to the Redskins last Sunday, those unis would appear much worse than they did. Since they played so well, I really liked them. ;) I think at least the socks should be retained full time lol

fordfixer
10-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Yep they are ugly but everyone is talking about them. I had people who have never talked to me about football before come up and tell me wow your team uniforms were ugly. so yeah they were ugly but everyone is talking about Steelers.

Starlifter
10-30-2012, 02:15 AM
Yep they are ugly but everyone is talking about them. I had people who have never talked to me about football before come up and tell me wow your team uniforms were ugly. so yeah they were ugly but everyone is talking about Steelers.

crap teams look for ways to get people to talk about them. good teams only need results. it was a pretty dominating performance on sunday, but all we hear about are crap uniforms. that doesn't make me feel good about them.

the browns need crap uniforms. no one ever talks about them.

flippy
10-30-2012, 07:32 AM
so much talk about the uniforms, you'd think they were clint eastwood's chair and they'd have their own twitter following by now.

put me down for liking them.

Sugar
10-30-2012, 11:56 AM
More fuel for the fire (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1387925-pittsburgh-steelers-throwback-uniforms-grading-the-outlandish-retro-jerseys?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers)...

williar
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Love the throwbacks! Can't wait until we wear them again.

hawaiiansteel
10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
I like the jersey's. Especially in prison. I have no idea why they are catching so much crap lol.

fixed that for ya...:D

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8690/prisonuni.jpg

Oviedo
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
fixed that for ya...:D

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8690/prisonuni.jpg

Shouldn't Ta'amu be modeling the prison uniform??????? He needs to get use to one.

lloydroid
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Honestly, I thought I'd hate them, but since they played so well, I actually started to like them. I hate the other throw back unis that looks like a Packer helmet. Honestly, I'd love for them to bring back the 1970's unis. Yea, I know they aren't that much different than current day, but I like the block #s better than the rounded. And at least those throw backs represent an awesome time in team history. I feel like that's a no brainer. Wake up Rooneys.

Ghost
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
1967 for the next throw back:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6134/6012684816_ab7250ee6c_z.jpg

fordfixer
10-30-2012, 06:59 PM
crap teams look for ways to get people to talk about them. good teams only need results. it was a pretty dominating performance on sunday, but all we hear about are crap uniforms. that doesn't make me feel good about them.

the browns need crap uniforms. no one ever talks about them.
yeah I didn't say they needed to have someone talk about them I just said they were talking about them

fezziwig
10-31-2012, 09:44 PM
I stayed away from the uniform topic until I got to watch the team wearing these uniforms this past Sunday. Here's my opinion on them, they're black n gold so thats good enough !

Go Steeeeelers !

Sugar
10-31-2012, 09:56 PM
Honestly, I thought I'd hate them, but since they played so well, I actually started to like them. I hate the other throw back unis that looks like a Packer helmet. Honestly, I'd love for them to bring back the 1970's unis. Yea, I know they aren't that much different than current day, but I like the block #s better than the rounded. And at least those throw backs represent an awesome time in team history. I feel like that's a no brainer. Wake up Rooneys.

I also hated that yellow helmet more than anything else. Not a fan of block numbers on a modern jersey though- it's OK for throwbacks.

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2012, 10:00 PM
I stayed away from the uniform topic until I got to watch the team wearing these uniforms this past Sunday. Here's my opinion on them, they're black n gold so thats good enough !

you must love these outfits then, they're black and gold so that's good enough...:D

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/380399/653392.jpg

papillon
10-31-2012, 10:13 PM
you must love these outfits then, they're black and gold so that's good enough...:D

I don't even know what to say about this picture; I'm speechless.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-31-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't even know what to say about this picture; I'm speechless.

Pappy

I'm flattered, that's probably not an easy thing to do...:D

Slapstick
11-01-2012, 06:09 AM

I don't know what to say, either...

Either you hate us...or, you like us enough to share a photo from your personal "spank bank"...

Regardless, it's disturbing...

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
So, we now know what Hawaiin means when he says, he dates a ton of women.

Sugar
11-01-2012, 04:30 PM
So, we now know what Hawaiin means when he says, he dates a ton of women.

OK, I just threw up in my mouth a little...

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I said I like batgirl not fat girls

Captain Lemming
11-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Hawaiian, your adding this truly disturbing display of black and gold less than a week from those hideous uniforms ALMOST pushed me over the edge to abandoning Steeler fandom altogether. I am sorry but I cannot root for those colors for at least one week in order to feel completely purged of this sight.
Go Giants.

I will forever resent you Hawaiian for doing this to me.

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 07:40 PM
They must be Raven girl fans and look what happens to their bodies when the black n gold touches them.........it's like throwing salt on a slug. They had to arrive in the back of that truck.seriously, I doubt they can fit in the front of a vehicle. I have one friend that is 400lbs and he has to squeeze to get into my full size truck. He is 6-4'' and it's not all fat but just the same, it's a squeeze. These girls must go 600lbs each.

Thanks a lot hawaiin, I'll have nightmares for weeks now.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2012, 08:07 PM
1967 for the next throw back:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6134/6012684816_ab7250ee6c_z.jpg

I thought that they would go with the Batman-nicknamed jerseys as throwbacks this year (considering that the Dark Knight was filmed in Pittsburgh and they destroyed Heinz Field and all).

fezziwig
11-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Ruthless, do you like the uniforms you have as a signature ? The Steeler logo on the helmet looks larger compared to todays helmet.

Speaking of large helmets, does Foote wear a larger helmet than the other players or does he have a bigger head ? I want to call him Kazoo.

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Ruthless, do you like the uniforms you have as a signature ? The Steeler logo on the helmet looks larger compared to todays helmet.

Speaking of large helmets, does Foote wear a larger helmet than the other players or does he have a bigger head ? I want to call him Kazoo.

:?:

Not sure whose sig you are talking about, fez, but it ain't mine. My signature has been a Baron Batch painting of Pittsburgh bridges/skyline all season long. The only other signatures that I have used recently have been my classic Gladiator sig with all of the Terrible Towels in the Colusseum (for the last several years) and I also changed it up for a short while during the offseason with a goofy non-Steelers Duck-Keyboard/Beaver-Guitar/Platypus-Keytar Venn diagram.

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2012, 04:59 PM
:?:

Not sure whose sig you are talking about, fez, but it ain't mine.

I believe fezz was referring to the Batman unis you pictured...

fezziwig
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
It's the one originally posted by Ghost.