PDA

View Full Version : Brace yourself, it's coming....

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:33 PM
Prediction: after the Steelers knock off the defending Super Bowl champs next week, the NFL media is going to be all over the Steelers bandwagon.

This train is gaining momentum and with Dwyer powering the running attack, it is going to evolve into something elite worthy.

:tt2

NJ-STEELER
10-28-2012, 05:35 PM
not the way they're disposing of dallas

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:36 PM

Dallas is a horrible football team. They have nothing on either side of the ball.

NJ-STEELER
10-28-2012, 05:41 PM
never mind

mis read ur original post.

i agree, if we do go in there and beat them...everyone will be talking us up

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Here is my thinking, the Steelers on offense can throw the ball, have 3 talented young receivers who can break it open on any play, a QB and TE who is flourishing in this new offense, an offense and offensive line that is now protecting their QB, a defense that is getting healthy, and now they have a power running game to go with it that can help this team on both sides of the ball.

I think we are witnessing something that is just starting to develop into something special.

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:43 PM
NJ, I said "after" the Steelers beat the defending champs next week, the media will then jump on the Steelers bandwagon. Not before...of course.

SteelAbility
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Prediction: after the Steelers knock off the defending Super Bowl champs next week, the NFL media is going to be all over the Steelers bandwagon.

This train is gaining momentum and with Dwyer powering the running attack, it is going to evolve into something elite worthy.

Disposing of the Giants is by no means a given. They had a horrid opening game but have since played excellent football ... finding ways to win plus the manhandling of SF on the road. They also have ... dare I say ... the best road QB in the game. Glad this one is at home. I expect a nail-biter but would gladly eat crow with a convincing Steelers win.

NJ-STEELER
10-28-2012, 05:44 PM
we can play with them for sure

i worry about our passing Defense

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:47 PM

Hopefully the Steelers will trust in Dwyer more. He can help in that regard. Chewing up clock and keeping Eli on the sideline more helps the Steelers secondary. This is a big reason why I am excited and seeing a change in things now for the Steelers. Adding this element to this offense is going to be huge.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-28-2012, 05:50 PM

Me, too. Our D wasn't terrible today, but the Skins helped them with a lot of drops ... I don't think the Giants will be so generous.

Dee Dub
10-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Me, too. Our D wasn't terrible today, but the Skins helped them with a lot of drops ... I don't think the Giants will be so generous.

Factor this too...

At half time Dwyer had 7 carries. As the Steelers gain more trust in him he will get more carries. More carries means less time on the clock for opposing offenses. Which in turn means helping the Steelers secondary. And I also believe adding #43 to that unit is going to help as well.

Sugar
10-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Factor this too...

At half time Dwyer had 7 carries. As the Steelers gain more trust in him he will get more carries. More carries means less time on the clock for opposing offenses. Which in turn means helping the Steelers secondary. And I also believe adding #43 to that unit is going to help as well.

Is #43 going to play next week?

chiken
10-28-2012, 06:49 PM
what was that about disposing of Dallas?

Dee Dub
11-04-2012, 10:13 PM

Called shot heard round Planet Steelers!!

hawaiiansteel
11-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Called shot heard round Planet Steelers!!

did you really just quote yourself?

and yeah, great call on Dwyer playing awesome today...:D

Dee Dub
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
did you really just quote yourself?

and yeah, great call on Dwyer playing awesome today...:D

Well I did predict a Steelers win and the fact the media will be all over the Steelers. The Dwyer part was talking about the remainder of the season, hence the "evolve" term used. ;)

Jigawatts
11-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Not so sure of the media jumping on the Steelers band wagon quite yet. From what I've been reading the Steelers won despite "sloppy" play. No mention of the fourteen points the ref spotted the Giants and how the Steelers overcame that.

Nope, the Steelers played sloppy and just decided to show up in the fourth quarter.:?

bostonsteeler
11-04-2012, 11:51 PM
Not so sure of the media jumping on the Steelers band wagon quite yet. From what I've been reading the Steelers won despite "sloppy" play. No mention of the fourteen points the ref spotted the Giants and how the Steelers overcame that.

Nope, the Steelers played sloppy and just decided to show up in the fourth quarter.:?

I'd stick with that. Its useful for our future opponents to believe the team isn't playing that great and just somehow eking out wins..

Mister Pittsburgh
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Nice W for us to build on. RB's & OL's run blocking are both doing really well. Despite one gaffe tonight Keenan Lewis is growing and even the Allen twins are making plays. How about Larry F.

Oviedo
11-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Dallas is a horrible football team. They have nothing on either side of the ball.

I won't say that until after we beat them. IMO they can still be dangerous.

7 UP
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM

Hey does anyone think the Cowboys window may be closing????

***sarcastic reference to the month long training camp media discussion of whether or not the Cowboys window for winning a Super Bowl was closing. you know the large window they had opened by the 0 playoff wins the last several years.***

feltdizz
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
I won't say that until after we beat them. IMO they can still be dangerous.

any team is dangerous when they play us depending on if we show up or not.... but Dallas really sucks. Romo knows how to throw a team out of a W.

feltdizz
11-05-2012, 11:32 AM

besides the media jumping on the bandwagon and Dwyer powering the running attack you were spot on.