PDA

View Full Version : Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

SidSmythe
10-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I thought it would be cool to relive some Trib Live Memories Here.
Anyone??? :)

hawaiiansteel
10-25-2012, 07:56 PM
first thing that comes to mind for me is whenever someone would type out Dick LeBeau the filter would change it to Wickerbasket LeBeau. :D

eniparadoxgma
10-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm...not sure if I want to do that. :o

hawaiiansteel
10-25-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm...not sure if I want to do that. :o

you don't wish to time travel and return to the days of the Wild Wild West? ;)

Flasteel
10-25-2012, 08:29 PM
The unbelievable 100-page flame wars and Stemmys are the first things that come to mind. I kind of enjoyed that stuff...on occasion anyway.

eniparadoxgma
10-25-2012, 08:36 PM
you don't wish to time travel and return to the days of the Wild Wild West? ;)

I don't think so. I like to believe I've matured since that time of my life. :cool:

The unbelievable 100-page flame wars and Stemmys are the first things that come to mind. I kind of enjoyed that stuff...on occasion anyway.

Pirogi Pete vs Crash v.35235236246

feltdizz
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Queerbait

tee hee..

bostonsteeler
10-25-2012, 09:46 PM
SFL and his doppelganger. And who was the guy who died, but didnt?..

Shawn
10-25-2012, 10:06 PM
If you didn't already know queer bait was UNCSteeler...funny guy.

Flasteel
10-25-2012, 10:13 PM
If you didn't already know queer bait was UNCSteeler...funny guy.

Yeah, well pretty much everyone thought it was you. Some will still swear it to this day. :D

Shawn
10-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Yeah, well pretty much everyone thought it was you. Some will still swear it to this day. :D

Yes Sid believes so. I'm not funny enough to come up with QB...though I lamely tried to continue the tradition here until he was banned...lol.

Shawn
10-26-2012, 12:11 AM
SFL and his doppelganger. And who was the guy who died, but didnt?..

Yeah SFL aka dubs...aka some semi famous college player/nfl trainer...and his comments about prison and something about guys holding onto his belt loops...whatever that means. Sounds funny though...good entertainment value.

Thats about all I remember from the Trib days...must be blocking some stuff out...maybe blacked it out ;)

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Yes Sid believes so. I'm not funny enough to come up with QB...though I lamely tried to continue the tradition here until he was banned...lol.

Shawn you always blame someone else for being Q'bait. You've always said you didn't know who it was (blamed me at times) and now you say you know it's UNCSteeler??? Now i'm 95% sure it was you!! the other 5% goes MeetJoeGreene!! HaHa!!!

NJ-STEELER
10-26-2012, 12:24 AM
coilman

Shawn
10-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Shawn you always blame someone else for being Q'bait. You've always said you didn't know who it was (blamed me at times) and now you say you know it's UNCSteeler??? Now i'm 95% sure it was you!! the other 5% goes MeetJoeGreene!! HaHa!!!

I always said I knew but was sworn to secrecy. Definitely not me or MJG.

MeetJoeGreene
10-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Memories:

PirogiPete vs. Crash

Some favorite posters: SteelerOfDeville, WVUSteelerFan, Hogefan,
Stemmys

Oh yeah.. this one dude ran some pretty good photoshop contests over there too.

MeetJoeGreene
10-26-2012, 07:15 AM
Queerbait was not be. But I was partly responsible for his conception. It all started when flippy, left a goodbye note. HHH said a bunch of stuff and then said he will probably come back as someone named queerbait. I extolled queerbait to come home.. and viola.... queerbait emerged.

So queerbait was the love child of flippingburghers, HHH, and MJG

BradshawsHairdresser
10-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Queerbait was not be. But I was partly responsible for his conception. It all started when flippy, left a goodbye note. HHH said a bunch of stuff and then said he will probably come back as someone named queerbait. I extolled queerbait to come home.. and viola.... queerbait emerged.

HHH...now there was a bastion of positivity! Wonder what he's up to these days?

Eich
10-26-2012, 08:31 AM
HHH...now there was a bastion of positivity! Wonder what he's up to these days?

he's still around on another message board

Jooser
10-26-2012, 08:50 AM
The flame wars were pretty epic. It was kinda clique, I often felt ignored, but that's what happens when you're only average I suppose...:(. I bought some tickets once from WVUSteelerfan, I could hardly see the field...LMAO.

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 08:51 AM

OK, this is what happens when you don't keep me in the loop...it makes you look guilty by association.
Ok, MeetJoe Shawn are not as gay as i thought!! :p

Djfan
10-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Two memories - MrMoneyMaker. 'Nough said.

The other was that I was responding to a thread there, and when I hit submit this huge page of very random text on white background (HTML?) came up instead of my post. So I refreshed and it was that page that said, basically, thanks for posting here in the past, we shut it down because we couldn't control you all.

Good days. Love the reunion tour going on here. Funny. Mrs. Fan and I were just discussing the Trib page yesterday. It was fun when Asian was angry and actually posted here. StlrzD, too.

flippy
10-26-2012, 09:09 AM

I got to the point where I realized I posted too much. 10k posts made me realize I waste too much time. So I thought it was a good run. And I was done.

No one really believed it, but I was completely serious. I came back to read the board a few days later and QB worked and brought me back. The comedic genius got me.

I'm was always surprised no one would fess up to being a genius. What I found interesting is QB had unique/different writing styles. Sometimes he was hilarious and other times, he fell completely flat. So I always figured it was a shared login.

flippy
10-26-2012, 09:11 AM
OK, this is what happens when you don't keep me in the loop...it makes you look guilty by association.
Ok, MeetJoe Shawn are not as gay as i thought!! :p

It was to prove I was gay.

Although I always suspected one of QB's personas might be into cross dressing :)

JDSteeler
10-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Anybody remember this?? This was back from August of 2006...Enjoy!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lR2o2k9qkOg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD

Jooser
10-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Dj, I still miss Stlrz_D. He was a hard headed SOB, but I enjoyed alot of his posts...even on this forum. :shock:

Djfan
10-26-2012, 10:29 AM
The fork of greatness!!!!

Iron Shiek
10-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Harry Nutszcak was always fun to pick on. And I think someone mentioned the Moneymakers guy...he tended to be annoying at times but his use of stats to back up (sometimes falsely) his arguments was enjoyable.

Chadman
10-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Chadman remembers joining & posting but getting no responses to anything he typed. This was during his 1st-person persona days.

It was discouraging.

So Chadman did something about it. He switched to 3rd person.

Then everyone started responding to Chadman.

At first, this was just a temporary measure, a means to fit in, become accepted.

So when Chadman temporarily switched back to 1st Person Chadman, and subsequently recieved no responses once more- a conundrum surfaced. Does Chadman boldly contnue on as a 1st-Person human & act in a normal way of life, but recieve no acceptance from his peers?

Or does he change his lifestyle completely & become a 3rd Person Yoda & recieve the plaudits of fellow Steeler fans.

Hey- call Chadman an attention-whore if you must, but 3rd Person lived & 1st Person died that day.

D Rock
10-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Chadman remembers joining & posting but getting no responses to anything he typed. This was during his 1st-person persona days.

It was discouraging.

At first, this was just a temporary measure, a means to fit in, become accepted.

So when Chadman temporarily switched back to 1st Person Chadman, and subsequently recieved no responses once more- a conundrum surfaced. Does Chadman boldly contnue on as a 1st-Person human & act in a normal way of life, but recieve no acceptance from his peers?

Or does he change his lifestyle completely & become a 3rd Person Yoda & recieve the plaudits of fellow Steeler fans.

Hey- call Chadman an attention-whore if you must, but 3rd Person lived & 1st Person died that day.

Do you ever find the 3rd person slipping over into real life?

phillyesq
10-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I can't remember the poster, but I remember somebody over there doing something called message board theater that was pretty hilarious.

One of the best things about the old Trib board was the number of posters and opinions. Kept a lot of topics moving. The SFL v. 43 flame wars were also fun reading if nothing else.

feltdizz
10-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Didn't someone right a wikipage bio for Moneybags and it had this line in it:

"his highlights include getting a brand new futon in his mothers basement"

to this day I laugh every time I think about that line.

msp26505
10-26-2012, 01:09 PM
I can't remember the poster, but I remember somebody over there doing something called message board theater that was pretty hilarious.

One of the best things about the old Trib board was the number of posters and opinions. Kept a lot of topics moving. The SFL v. 43 flame wars were also fun reading if nothing else.

That was WVSteelerFan. Good stuff.

Sincerely,

msp26505
2004 Big Ben Rookie of the Year Stemmy Award Winner.

ROLROC
10-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Do you ever find the 3rd person slipping over into real life?

I don't recall who the user was but someone on the TRIB board started using the Seinfeld Jimmy 3rd person schtick...

Djfan
10-26-2012, 01:54 PM
MSM - Mr. Smart Money. Just remembered his name. I liked his angle, but I think I was the only one.

Jigawatts
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Harry Nutszcak was always fun to pick on. And I think someone mentioned the Moneymakers guy...he tended to be annoying at times but his use of stats to back up (sometimes falsely) his arguments was enjoyable.

I thought Harry was so out there that it was hilarious. Never could understand why people just didn't ignore him.
One poster I really couldn't stand was tommiesteel... or something like that.

Anyone know who those two were? I always had suspicions SteelerShades was Harry, but I have no clue about tommie.

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 02:58 PM
MSM - Mr. Smart Money. Just remembered his name. I liked his angle, but I think I was the only one.

SmartMonies was pretty good with picking against the spreads. He had his own radio show...his mom was his only listener on the internet...rumor has it she took his advice and is rolling in Seven Figures and running from the Mob.

Flasteel
10-26-2012, 03:39 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/1oqaeu.gif

Jigawatts
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM

bahahahaha

Djfan
10-26-2012, 04:32 PM
The legion of doom. Classic.

Wasn't the "Gildong report" on the trib also?
That may have been stillers.com actually.

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Who remembers after the draft where we drafted TONY HILLS and some dude said his "friend" from TEXAS told him that HILLS "showed up late on a lot of plays" ...then he made the mistake of continuing and saying "She also said" and thats when everyone jumped all over him and his "SHE" reference. LMAO!!!!

hawaiiansteel
10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Who remembers after the draft where we drafted TONY HILLS and some dude said his "friend" from TEXAS told him that HILLS "showed up late on a lot of plays" ...then he made the mistake of continuing and saying "She also said" and thats when everyone jumped all over him and his "SHE" reference. LMAO!!!!

I actually do remember that and was one of the guys more than happy to give him a hard time over that...:D

turns out she was right, though.

DukieBoy
10-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Dj, I still miss Stlrz_D. He was a hard headed SOB, but I enjoyed alot of his posts...even on this forum. :shock:

He's out there on Twitter under a different name, posts alot there. Top shelf guy, added alot to the old board, surely missed here.

DukieBoy
10-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Oh yeah ! Thanks for resurrecting this.

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 05:49 PM
I actually do remember that and was one of the guys more than happy to give him a hard time over that...:D

turns out she was right, though.

LOL!! No SHE wasn't. the man who told her that was :)

SteelAbility
10-26-2012, 06:06 PM

It was discouraging.

Are YOU (2nd person) happy with that choice? ;)

SteelAbility
10-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Hmmm, TribLive days? Here goes ...

- MisterSmartMonies ... graciously pointing out that YPA is the THE most important stat and that the '07 Steelers D giving up under 5 YPA was EPIC
- HHH ... I think he dubbed Tomlin an "overpaid janitor" (or was it someone else who said that?)
- kaopectate ... the eternal Patriot troll and liberal user of the :roll: for argumentation techine, plus he was several other things not suitable to repeat here ... got booted from Steeler Nation within a week of joining
- UNCSteeler ... used to get into flame wars with one particular poster but I can't remember that screen name ... I remember one of the threads someone posted an "eating popcorn" emoticon ... hysterical
- Remember that guy (I think he was a young teenage kid, from Austrailia) who kept posting hair-brained defensive schemes, eventually got in to flame wars, got booted, then came back under a new ID and started the same type of posts again? On one of his posts he was trying to see if there was a correlation between D coordinators smoking and the run D sucking ... hysterical :lol:

hawaiiansteel
10-26-2012, 07:54 PM

- HHH ... I think he dubbed Tomlin an "overpaid janitor" (or was it someone else who said that?)

I always thought it was LVG, but I could be wrong...

SteelCrazy
10-26-2012, 08:01 PM
I remember being ignored on there and things haven't changed here. I'm too straight forward and non-argumentative. QB was always funny. HHH was entertaining...The guy with Jack Nicholson pic as an avatar.

Jigawatts
10-26-2012, 08:15 PM
I always thought it was LVG, but I could be wrong...

As much as LVG hated Tomlin, he wasn't the one who came up with overpaid janitor. I'm not sure who it was, but almost certain it wasn't LVG.

SidSmythe
10-26-2012, 08:21 PM

- MisterSmartMonies ... graciously pointing out that YPA is the THE most important stat and that the '07 Steelers D giving up under 5 YPA was EPIC
- kaopectate ... the eternal Patriot troll and liberal user of the :roll: for argumentation techine, plus he was several other things not suitable to repeat here ... got booted from Steeler Nation within a week of joining
- UNCSteeler ... used to get into flame wars with one particular poster but I can't remember that screen name ... I remember one of the threads someone posted an "eating popcorn" emoticon ... hysterical
- Remember that guy (I think he was a young teenage kid, from Austrailia) who kept posting hair-brained defensive schemes, eventually got in to flame wars, got booted, then came back under a new ID and started the same type of posts again? On one of his posts he was trying to see if there was a correlation between D coordinators smoking and the run D sucking ... hysterical :lol:

LOL, Kaopectate!!! LOL...now that really made me LOL.

What about the Browns Fan with the Penis on his face????

hawaiiansteel
10-26-2012, 08:46 PM

http://mail.aol.com/37105-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=31196921&folder=Inbox&partId=1

Starlifter
10-26-2012, 08:58 PM
yes, there is only one memory I can't erase out of my mind from the trib.

co$kface.........

go browns!!!

ROLROC
10-26-2012, 09:32 PM
yes, there is only one memory i can't erase out of my mind from the trib.

Co$kface.........

go browns!!!

classic...

Shawn
10-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Classic is so overused when things are not classic. But, in this case...rightfully earned.

flippy
10-27-2012, 08:01 AM
I remember there was this poster that decided after 26 years it was time to win another SuperBowl. So in the preseason, he started this thread called something like "SuperBowl or Bust".

This guy chronicled the whole season knowing a SuperBowl victory was inevitable.

Everyone thought it was laughable. We weren't a dominant team. We had this young QB that seemed to be falling from grace so quickly. We barely made the playoffs and sneaked in as a wild card. We had to take a path never taken before and do it on the road.

It was the unlikeliest of seasons. A SuperBowl, we had no business being in let alone winning. Yet some guy dreamed it and let everyone know, it was coming.

MeetJoeGreene
10-27-2012, 08:47 AM
I remember there was this poster that decided after 26 years it was time to win another SuperBowl. So in the preseason, he started this thread called something like "SuperBowl or Bust".

This guy chronicled the whole season knowing a SuperBowl victory was inevitable.

Everyone thought it was laughable. We weren't a dominant team. We had this young QB that seemed to be falling from grace so quickly. We barely made the playoffs and sneaked in as a wild card. We had to take a path never taken before and do it on the road.

It was the unlikeliest of seasons. A SuperBowl, we had no business being in let alone winning. Yet some guy dreamed it and let everyone know, it was coming.

One of the fathers of Queerbait started that.

mshifko
10-27-2012, 09:00 AM
I haven't posted a lot here lately, but per SFL I was the new comer of the year in 2006. HaHa!

Anyone remember kevdude or kevdogg I quite remember the name. He had Dan Krieder as his avatar? I can't tell you how many battles I had with him. He was a huuuuge Santonio Holmes hater, I remember that much.

Didn't Bradshaw'sHairdresser start the whole Tomlin "janitor" thing?

SidSmythe
10-27-2012, 11:34 AM
One of the fathers of Queerbait started that.

:p
Tee'Hee!!

proudsteelerfamily
10-27-2012, 11:38 AM
Trib live was my first message board experience. That was so funny. Flippy, I remember your SB thread. Great stuff! And for the longest time I read MSM as Mr. Smart MOMMIES! I do remember Crash and was it Big Nasty? And the guy who died. He didn't really die?

SidSmythe
10-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Trib live was my first message board experience. That was so funny. Flippy, I remember your SB thread. Great stuff! And for the longest time I read MSM as Mr. Smart MOMMIES! I do remember Crash and was it Big Nasty? And the guy who died. He didn't really die?

LoL, I don't remember the guy who died who didn't die!! HaHa

I have LysDexia too :p

Starlifter
10-27-2012, 12:33 PM
lmao, you guys are starting to make me miss that place!!! between crash, HHH, and the overpaid janitor it was hysterical and excruciating at the same time. nevertheless I'm grateful for one of the mods here who sent me a nice little PM - 'hey starlifter, if you're tired of all the b.s. and drama I know this great little NEW message board'.........:D:D

Slapstick
10-27-2012, 01:16 PM

Now, this is a fun memory!!!

I always admired how the user profiles matched the villains so perfectly (ie. Smartmones as Brainiac, HHH as Bizarro, TeeCeeMadison as Gorilla Grodd, etc.)...

redundantman
10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
I thought the TribLive board was a great board. The moderators only made a half-hearted attempt to control it and with the amount of people frequenting it, well, that board offered a fantastic way to gauge the pulse of Steeler fandom. I also liked the fact that they had so many trolls from other teams - after a loss it was almost unbearable. But I liked that aspect of it. It only made the victories sweeter.

The Stemmy's was run by a lawyer IIRC - solid guy, can't recall his name. I had heard he got a lot of crap for doing it (that whole hanging chad debacle) but in my opinion the board had an open character and had developed into a weird but friendly community - the Stemmys being indicative of that sense of community. Being a Steeler fan is about being a part of something larger than the team or its city - it has always been about camaraderie that stretches across cities, states and nations because - you know how it is, if you see someone with Mean Joe jersey on somewhere you don't need to know their name or anything else about them - you simply say, "Steelers fan huh?" and there is that tangible sense of kinship. In a world flush with the worship of mediocrity we revel in excellence and achievement. We are Steelers fans. And it's nothing personal, it's just that our team is better than yours.
;)

Salute to all my TribLive brothers! and a bow to all the alt.fan.pittsburgh-steelers veterans.

Flasteel
10-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Now, this is a fun memory!!!

I always admired how the user profiles matched the villains so perfectly (ie. Smartmones as Brainiac, HHH as Bizarro, TeeCeeMadison as Gorilla Grodd, etc.)...

I always liked the Zayets match best, and it was a concerted effort to align them as much as possible. I'm not sure how many of you remember this guy, but he was perhaps the dumbest human being I have yet to encounter on a message board. It almost felt bad to bash or argue with him, because it was like picking on someone who was mentally disabled.

But he kept asking for it.

That Solomon Grundy gaping stare is exactly what I imagined Zayets looked like before I even encountered the picture.

MSM was the worst. I know some on here had an appreciation for his stats and data, but he was - as Chadman would say - a huge wanker.

Slapstick
10-27-2012, 09:02 PM
I always liked the Zayets match best, and it was a concerted effort to align them as much as possible. I'm not sure how many of you remember this guy, but he was perhaps the dumbest human being I have yet to encounter on a message board. It almost felt bad to bash or argue with him, because it was like picking on someone who was mentally disabled.

But he kept asking for it.

That Solomon Grundy gaping stare is exactly what I imagined Zayets looked like before I even encountered the picture.

MSM was the worst. I know some on here had an appreciation for his stats and data, but he was - as Chadman would say - a huge wanker.

A job well done...I was going to mention Zayets as well, but I didn't want to be too effusive...;)

Ghost
10-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Wasn't it JC Steel who started the Stemmy's?

I was a Nostradamus Stemmy award winner one year. I put that on my resume to this day....

I joined in 2003 when the Steelers sucked. I had been reading all season without posting when I finally had to join to fight with SanDiego Sean. What a giant douche and moron as well.

fordfixer
10-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I never really posted much there lurked a lot though

virgilbosetti
10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
I don't think so. I like to believe I've matured since that time of my life. :cool:

Pirogi Pete vs Crash v.35235236246

True classic!

virgilbosetti
10-27-2012, 10:47 PM
I tagged this loser with the name....my only true board credit. What a tool! http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&d=1351299425&thumb=1 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&d=1351299425)

Shawn
10-27-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm probably the only one but I grew to like MSM...kept in contact long after the Trib days. Last I heard he was doing some sports talk show in Pittsburgh.

Djfan
10-28-2012, 02:57 AM
I liked him Shawn. Take him at face value and he was interesting.

My kids and I still laugh at cockface. That is clearly one of the best internet episodes in history. I really wish we could find him and bring him here were he belongs.

I think HHH was the only one I couldn't stand. Stereotypic case of "I'm bigger and badder on the internet" guy. Nothing to add, but much to say.

That one guy who was a pilot - can't remember his name either - but he was off the charts cool.

SidSmythe
10-28-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm probably the only one but I grew to like MSM...kept in contact long after the Trib days. Last I heard he was doing some sports talk show in Pittsburgh.

Shawn...I liked him too. He wasn't liek the rest of the kids, but he definately knew his stuff when it came to betting.

I am also disappointed you aren't Q'bait. TeeHee

eniparadoxgma
10-28-2012, 12:50 PM

That is something we can definitely agree on.

I was a Nostradamus Stemmy award winner one year. I put that on my resume to this day....

"There were many competent candidates vying for the position, but I have to say that the Nostradamus Award is what put you ahead of the pack. You're hired."

I tagged this loser with the name....my only true board credit. What a tool! http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&d=1351299425&thumb=1 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=685&d=1351299425)

:lol::lol::lol: I remember arguing with this guy before anyone even noticed he was wearing junk on his face.

Yes. Your bromance was one for the ages. :smile:

My kids and I still laugh at cockface. That is clearly one of the best internet episodes in history. I really wish we could find him and bring him here were he belongs.

We need to make this happen.

That one guy who was a pilot - can't remember his name either - but he was off the charts cool.

Nkysteeler. I always thought he was cool. He used to post here every now and then but I haven't seen him around for a long time. He used to post and moderate on another board that I haven't frequented in awhile.

hawaiiansteel
10-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Nkysteeler. I always thought he was cool. He used to post here every now and then but I haven't seen him around for a long time. He used to post and moderate on another board that I haven't frequented in awhile.

interesting that you bring up Nkysteeler, and yes he's a pilot for Delta Airlines.

he left here to start up another board and sent me a PM to join him over there, which is why I know of the following incident.

Nky invited a couple of the other mods and their families from the new board to party at his house and they all drove there to spend the weekend. Nky has a serious drinking problem and from what the other mods have said he was pretty much wasted the whole time they were there. the party ended abruptly when Nky pi$$ed on one of the guys in the pool, which is one of the most vile and disgusting things I have ever heard of.

needless to say, they are no longer friends and Nky no longer posts on that board.

grotonsteel
10-28-2012, 01:31 PM

MSM was an interesting poster...he used to bring something different on the board...

SteelAbility
10-28-2012, 01:55 PM

D-DAWG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

eniparadoxgma
10-28-2012, 02:11 PM
interesting that you bring up Nkysteeler, and yes he's a pilot for Delta Airlines.

he left here to start up another board and sent me a PM to join him over there, which is why I know of the following incident.

Nky invited a couple of the other mods and their families from the new board to party at his house and they all drove there to spend the weekend. Nky has a serious drinking problem and from what the other mods have said he was pretty much wasted the whole time they were there. the party ended abruptly when Nky pi$$ed on one of the guys in the pool, which is one of the most vile and disgusting things I have ever heard of.

needless to say, they are no longer friends and Nky no longer posts on that board.

:o Wow. Not sure what to say to that.

D Rock
10-28-2012, 02:31 PM

is he still flying or should I make sure to avoid Delta flights from now on?

Shawn
10-28-2012, 03:02 PM
Just one mans opinion, but gossip doesn't belong here. We all have our own demons...our own issues.

hawaiiansteel
10-28-2012, 03:09 PM
is he still flying or should I make sure to avoid Delta flights from now on?

Nky flies internationally, usually to the Orient.

I would definitely not fly Delta in that direction...

SidSmythe
10-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Just one mans opinion, but gossip doesn't belong here. We all have our own demons...our own issues.

OK, now i'm confused. Are you saying ur Q'bait now??? :-D

DukieBoy
10-28-2012, 04:54 PM
I remember being ignored on there and things haven't changed here. I'm too straight forward and non-argumentative. QB was always funny. HHH was entertaining...The guy with Jack Nicholson pic as an avatar.

To your credit.

That board was alot of fun. Even the blusterous ones and attention-seekers there had a fun edge, became caricatures.

Djfan
10-28-2012, 04:59 PM
To your credit.

That board was alot of fun. Even the blusterous ones and attention-seekers there had a fun edge, became caricatures.

It's all good SteelCrazy. You give good board here. If you're lucky FF will post about how great you are. That comes with time, though.

fezziwig
10-29-2012, 09:35 AM
The things I remember about the Trib.

1. Trolls could talk all the crap they wanted but we as a Steeler fan would defend ourselves and get punished.
2. Trolls would come on to the site make fun of a tree falling upon and killing an ex Steeler and that was okay but I got
warned when I asked , " what asprin fans take after a hangover ? "
3. I remember Patrick Williams a Steeler fan and that his wife passed away and leaving Patrick with two young children. I remember how he
kept us all informed and how heart broken many of us were. I wonder what has become of patrick and his children. I wish them well and when I remember
I still pray for them all.
4. I remember NKy at the site and I can't remember if he was a douch bag then too. There were so many of them at the time.
5. Go to the other site and check out the Nky ado before you pretty much call Hawaiin a liar. He was just answering a question or
speaking what or how he remembers the Trib.
6. Nky is an obnoxious childlike person that destroyed the other site with his power of being a mod. He was brutal to the posters and for no reason other than just being
a piece of work or as many believe or say, just being an obnoxious drunk. Terrific, the guys a pilot too. Might as well hire a porkypine to be in charge of a condom factory.

SidSmythe
10-29-2012, 09:39 AM

3. I remember Patrick Williams a Steeler fan and that his wife passed away and leaving Patrick with two young children. I remember how he
kept us all informed and how heart broken many of us were. I wonder what has become of patrick and his children. I wish them well and when I remember

Oh wow...forgot about that :sad:

Shawn
10-29-2012, 02:02 PM

1. Trolls could talk all the crap they wanted but we as a Steeler fan would defend ourselves and get punished.
2. Trolls would come on to the site make fun of a tree falling upon and killing an ex Steeler and that was okay but I got
4. I remember NKy at the site and I can't remember if he was a douch bag then too. There were so many of them at the time.
5. Go to the other site and check out the Nky ado before you pretty much call Hawaiin a liar. He was just answering a question or
6. Nky is an obnoxious childlike person that destroyed the other site with his power of being a mod. He was brutal to the posters and for no reason other than just being
a piece of work or as many believe or say, just being an obnoxious drunk. Terrific, the guys a pilot too. Might as well hire a porkypine to be in charge of a condom factory.

I don't think anyone called Hawaiian a liar. I certainly didn't. Just doing another man's wash in public is poor form. There is nothing profitable from it. If you all are truly concerned about his well being, then extend a hand to him.

feltdizz
10-29-2012, 02:25 PM

I'm worried Fezz... being negative and airing dirty laundry is one thing but misspelling porcupine like that while attempting to tell a joke is a clear sign something is wrong.

Hope you feel better!

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
If you all are truly concerned about his well being, then extend a hand to him.

I did, but Nky chose to ignore it. not much I can do after that...

Jigawatts
10-29-2012, 02:45 PM
D-DAWG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin:

No no no!

cockface was DawgPoundMadMad and he said "tick tock tick tock, just a matter of time."

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/Photoshops/brown.jpg

Shawn
10-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I did, but Nky chose to ignore it. not much I can do after that...

I agree...all you can do is offer to help.

hawaiiansteel
10-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I agree...all you can do is offer to help.

I struggle at times with the following question...

where is the fine line between not being my brother's keeper and offering to help someone you can see is making poor life choices?

fezziwig
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
i just wanted to see if the spell correct people would jump on that and it's how my kids pronounce it

Shawn
10-29-2012, 03:39 PM
I struggle at times with the following question...

where is the fine line between not being my brother's keeper and offering to help someone you can see is making poor life choices?

Ultimately, we are each responsible for our own actions. I believe human beings show love for one another by being there for them in support. It doesn't mean enabling, but it does mean being willing to extend a hand to help them up.

For instance, if a friend landed themselves in jail for some sort of substance related crime...I wouldn't bail them out. Why? Because trouble is an addicts best friend. I would however go to extended lengths to make sure they could get help for their problem.

I think that boundary you struggle with...many of us struggle with.

fezziwig
10-29-2012, 03:41 PM
hawaiin, you can only help those that want the help. also, drunks don'thave a drinking problem.

fezziwig
10-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Oh wow...forgot about that :sad:

Yeah, that was horrible. I remember Patrick saying, getting on the Trib and bouncing football talk around with us was his only release during the time of all the troubles. I wonder whatever became of him and if he made it to any different Steeler sites ? He had a nice video that we could see of his family and his wife that he shared. For as many rough people that came to that site I still enjoyed it and when it ended I was bummed because I thought well of many of the folks there and would have liked to remain friends.

NJ-STEELER
10-29-2012, 04:02 PM
IIRC, a while back pat posted on another site that he was starting to get back in the dating field and after 20 something years, feeling a lil weird about it.

havent seen anything from him recently

fezziwig
10-29-2012, 04:12 PM
thanks for the reply. that's got to be weird and hard on him at the same time. i know it would for me if something happened to my wife and with having my two young children. hope i never have to face what Patrick has faced.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Didn't Bradshaw'sHairdresser start the whole Tomlin "janitor" thing?

Nope. I think it was TBradshaw...he's the one who made such contributions to the board as writing: "Tomlin is dumb. Tomlin is stupid." I think he was probably a 12-year-old kid--or maybe mentally challenged.

fezziwig
10-31-2012, 08:48 PM
Who used to have the name FireCowhernow ? Or something to that affect.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-01-2012, 12:57 AM
When I was a rook on the other board, for no reason but kindness NKy sent me a CD of Steelers Fight songs through the mail after I posted I liked the Beer Barrel Polka. I remember his partner got seriously, maybe fatally ill after a while too. That's my perspective on him, hope he's doing OK.

flippy
11-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Anyone remember the all time Steeler draft? My team was the stuff. That was some of the most fun I've ever had. Trying to compare the all time Steeler greats - nearly impossible.

That's why I forgive everyone for getting the voting wrong :)

Shawn
11-01-2012, 09:22 AM
When I was a rook on the other board, for no reason but kindness NKy sent me a CD of Steelers Fight songs through the mail after I posted I liked the Beer Barrel Polka. I remember his partner got seriously, maybe fatally ill after a while too. That's my perspective on him, hope he's doing OK.

NKy is good people and I could care less who has a hair up their butt about him. 5 years ago I went off to get help for being a drunk...not even my wife supported me. I got letters of support, and Steeler stuff from him everyday that I was there. We had a falling out later...most of that was on my side. He has been through alot, don't see a need to dump more on the guy. And knowing NKy as well as I do, when I hear stories that he was peeing on people at a party...I know it's not true. It doesn't fit. Sounds to me like some egos and personalities got bruised and stories elaborated in order to injure. Just sounds like some grown men have some growing up to do.

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 11:26 AM
NKy is good people and I could care less who has a hair up their butt about him. 5 years ago I went off to get help for being a drunk...not even my wife supported me. I got letters of support, and Steeler stuff from him everyday that I was there. We had a falling out later...most of that was on my side. He has been through alot, don't see a need to dump more on the guy. And knowing NKy as well as I do, when I hear stories that he was peeing on people at a party...I know it's not true. It doesn't fit. Sounds to me like some egos and personalities got bruised and stories elaborated in order to injure. Just sounds like some grown men have some growing up to do.

I too was a newbie at the Trib, and NKy reached out to me and tried to set up a meeting when he was flying out to SD. That never transpired, but I too had a battle with the bottle, and I can tell you it can change you as a person. I was fortunate because I figured it out. Haven't seen or heard from him in a while, but I hope he is doing well.

Djfan
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
When I was getting "Made" by the Steel City Mafia for my efforts in the fan club, he tried to get me tickets to go since we couldn't really afford them. It didn't work out, but he tried. Very cool guy in my book.

hawaiiansteel
11-01-2012, 02:28 PM

there were multiple witnesses who verified the story and Nky acknowledged doing so on the other board admitting that it was one of the worst mistakes he ever made in his life, so yes it is true.

nobody would make up a story like this in order to injure another person, alcohol can make people do some very stupid things. having said that, I hope Nky gets the help that he needs.

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Well it's always better to be pissed off than pissed on....unless you are stung by a sting ray.

Shawn
11-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not really interested in a he said she said conversation. What I know is that the "multiple witnesses" all had good reason to stretch the story. I know some of the history and personalities involved. Based upon my history with NKy, I know he didn't urinate on another human being. It doesn't fit...and I don't believe it. And personally, I find it irresponsible to spread stories that not only defame character but can hurt a man's career based upon hearsay. That's just my 2 cents on all of this so take it for what it's worth.

feltdizz
11-01-2012, 03:14 PM
sheeeeet... anyone can turn into a pisser if they have too many drinks. It's not right to talk about a guy when he can't defend himself but it's also not right to pee on someone... unless they are into that sort of thing.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2012, 03:20 PM
I think it was comedian Ron White who said that there is a difference between peeing IN the pool and peeing INTO the pool (in his joke, it may have involved rafting in a lake or river instead of swimming in a pool, but still...point taken).

Anyway...to change the subject...the person who first invited me over to this site was in fact a member of FlaSteel's Lesions of Doom...yup, none other than the Cheetah...LasVegasGuy.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Well it's always better to be pissed off than pissed on....unless you are stung by a sting ray.

I bet the Crocodile Hunter was pissed off when he was stung by a sting ray.

eniparadoxgma
11-01-2012, 03:29 PM
That Lesions of Doom pic is still hilarious.

Djfan
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a general climate of live/man love for the guy, and best wishes (even support) for the fixes if needed.

So if he's lurking, come back. You're missed.

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow ! I sure never witnessed this benevolent Nky person that you people speak about. The guy I come to know and loathe is a person that treated people like dirt, insulted anyone that he pleased and held the power of being the mod over everyone as if he was king shiit on turd island. oops, I guess he's better known for doing number 1 than number 2.
Yeah, good for you guys that got to meet the guy that kept his zipper up but for myself and others......... WOW ! He is nothing like you described.

I hope he gets the group of doctors he needs to help him to get right.

hawaiiansteel
11-01-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm not really interested in a he said she said conversation. What I know is that the "multiple witnesses" all had good reason to stretch the story. I know some of the history and personalities involved. Based upon my history with NKy, I know he didn't urinate on another human being. It doesn't fit...and I don't believe it. And personally, I find it irresponsible to spread stories that not only defame character but can hurt a man's career based upon hearsay. That's just my 2 cents on all of this so take it for what it's worth.

I believe the story since Nky himself acknowledged that he got too drunk and did it and admitted that it was one of the worst mistakes he ever made in his life. that's not hearsay, that's coming straight from Nky.

why would he admit doing it if he didn't?

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Wow ! I sure never witnessed this benevolent Nky person that you people speak about. The guy I come to know and loathe is a person that treated people like dirt, insulted anyone that he pleased and held the power of being the mod over everyone as if he was king shiit on turd island. oops, I guess he's better known for doing number 1 than number 2.
Yeah, good for you guys that got to meet the guy that kept his zipper up but for myself and others......... WOW ! He is nothing like you described.

I hope he gets the group of doctors he needs to help him to get right.

The guy was honestly one of the nicest guys I have come across in a Steeler forum. And as far as stuff done while drunk, I can't judge others. Urine, although gross, isn't that flagrant when it comes to things done by drunk people. No bodily injury, no major foul in my book.

Flasteel
11-01-2012, 05:43 PM
The guy was honestly one of the nicest guys I have come across in a Steeler forum. And as far as stuff done while drunk, I can't judge others. Urine, although gross, isn't that flagrant when it comes to things done by drunk people. No bodily injury, no major foul in my book.

I remember inviting you out for a drink if you came down my way SD. I hereby rescind that offer.:D

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I don't know about anyone else here but, I would rather not be wizzed upon or really hang out with anyone that does the wizzing. Usually when we speak about someone peeing or not peeing on someone and it's Steeler related, I would think the thread would be either about Goodell or Harrison. I'm going back to the football talk, too much time wasted on some drunk pilot that I wouldn't pee upon if he was on fire.

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 05:54 PM
I remember inviting you out for a drink if you came down my way SD. I hereby rescind that offer.:D

No worries anymore Fla, I don't drink anymore, so I don't think I would piss on you...unless you were on fire of course.:)

Haven't been down to the Tampa/Bradenton area in years. I was in Miami And Ft Lauderdale in April for a cruise.

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't know about anyone else here but, I would rather not be wizzed upon or really hang out with anyone that does the wizzing. Usually when we speak about someone peeing or not peeing on someone and it's Steeler related, I would think the thread would be either about Goodell or Harrison. I'm going back to the football talk, too much time wasted on some drunk pilot that I wouldn't pee upon if he was on fire.

Dude, you ruined my joke!!

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
and that was

eniparadoxgma
11-01-2012, 06:42 PM
NKy was always cool to me. He also sent me some CDs of Steeler songs just because he could. That said, people do change. If I remember correctly, rickt (I forget the numbers in his name) was a normal poster at one time and then eventually devolved into a complete douche. It does happen, although I really don't have any knowledge of what's being discussed specifically.

The trolls were probably what I remember the most from the Trib. It was also the first Steelers forum I ever joined.

fezziwig
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
It was the first Steeler forum I ever signed on to and your right..........the trolls had a lot of posters there and a lot of control. I thought the trib was run by a troll to tell you the truth.

BTW, what happened to that site and it did end in a flash without any warning if I recall correctly.

eniparadoxgma
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I could see why someone would think that, considering how the trolls ran rampant.

Jigawatts
11-01-2012, 07:09 PM
I discovered the forum when looking for any information possible about who the next Pittsburgh Steelers head coach would be. Yeah, seems like forever ago. So I stumbled upon the trib and joined my first message board. (cue the Zack Morris kissing Kelly Kapowski "awwwwwe")

Other than kaopectate, I found most of the trolls entertaining. I met a lot of cool people there, NKy being one of them. Not sure about his recent misadventures, but NKy was pretty cool in the old days and I see no reason to bash him here.

Coo coo ca choo, the trib died and I'm glad I found this place to call home.

Djfan
11-01-2012, 08:08 PM
BTW, what happened to that site and it did end in a flash without any warning if I recall correctly.

There was no warning. As I said earlier, I was in the middle of putting up a post and it went to HTML script when I hit submit. When I refreshed the page was up that said "We quit. Thanks. Bye" or something close.

It was my first Steelers board, too. Glad so many of us landed here. This is a great board.

hawaiiansteel
11-01-2012, 08:20 PM
There was no warning. As I said earlier, I was in the middle of putting up a post and it went to HTML script when I hit submit. When I refreshed the page was up that said "We quit. Thanks. Bye" or something close.

does anyone know why that happened like that, did the Trib just get sick and tired and fed up with all of the drama?

SDSteel1
11-01-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't think they wanted to deal with it and the costs associated with it.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, the newspaper industry was struggling, so what do you cut out of the budget to make ends meet? Obviously, you should eliminate the progressive internet portion that got people to keep coming back again and again and again multiple times on a daily basis. Makes perfect business sense.

feltdizz
11-01-2012, 09:25 PM
NKy was always cool to me. He also sent me some CDs of Steeler songs just because he could. That said, people do change. If I remember correctly, rickt (I forget the numbers in his name) was a normal poster at one time and then eventually devolved into a complete douche. It does happen, although I really don't have any knowledge of what's being discussed specifically.

The trolls were probably what I remember the most from the Trib. It was also the first Steelers forum I ever joined.

I remember rickt. Maybe my timeline is off but I remember him doing a jeckel n Hyde halfway through the 2008? Season... I made a joke about him being off his meds and someone sent an email implying he may have really had serious issues going in. I think the board went down during that season because his prediction was completely wrong and I always wanted to find out if he enjoyed that SB win.

fordfixer
11-01-2012, 10:28 PM
QUOTE] There was no warning. As I said earlier, I was in the middle of putting up a post and it went to HTML script when I hit submit. When I refreshed the page was up that said "We quit. Thanks. Bye" or something close.

It was my first Steelers board, too. Glad so many of us landed here. This is a great board [/QUOTE]

. does anyone know why that happened like that, did the Trib just get sick and tired and fed up with all of the drama?

It must of had something to do with Djfan's post I'm sure it would of been life changing for all who would of read it:rolleyes::p:p

Djfan
11-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Atta boy, FF!

Shawn
11-02-2012, 01:15 AM
I believe the story since Nky himself acknowledged that he got too drunk and did it and admitted that it was one of the worst mistakes he ever made in his life. that's not hearsay, that's coming straight from Nky.

why would he admit doing it if he didn't?

So he admitted to pissing on someone? That is what he admitted to? Lol...come on.

hawaiiansteel
11-02-2012, 02:03 AM
So he admitted to pissing on someone? That is what he admitted to? Lol...come on.

yes, actually he did and in Nky's defense he was very remorseful about the incident admitting that it was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made in his life.

there was a very long thread on the other board about the incident and in that thread Nky admitted that he got too drunk and urinated on one of the other mods who was in the pool at the time when he invited them and their families to stay at his place for the weekend.

you say that it doesn't "fit" but alcohol can make people do very regrettable things. I'm sure when you went through your problem with alcohol where even your wife didn't support you that you did things that wouldn't have "fit" the image other people had of the Shawn they thought they knew.

Shawn
11-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Hawaiian I am fully aware of the effects of alcohol. I have no idea what he did or didn't admit to, what I do know is he isn't here to defend himself. I also know making broad generalizations about his capabilities as a pilot shows a lack of class...again without him here to be able to defend himself. I have no idea how much Dave currently drinks or doesn't drink...nor is it any of my business. It's none of yours either.

Shawn
11-02-2012, 02:27 AM
QUOTE] There was no warning. As I said earlier, I was in the middle of putting up a post and it went to HTML script when I hit submit. When I refreshed the page was up that said "We quit. Thanks. Bye" or something close.

It was my first Steelers board, too. Glad so many of us landed here. This is a great board

It must of had something to do with Djfan's post I'm sure it would of been life changing for all who would of read it:rolleyes::p:p[/QUOTE]

I believe they did say something to the effect that they were shutting down the board for fiscal reasons. It was a great community. I wish they would allow a few to troll here...kinda keeps things interesting :)

hawaiiansteel
11-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Hawaiian I am fully aware of the effects of alcohol. I have no idea what he did or didn't admit to, what I do know is he isn't here to defend himself. I also know making broad generalizations about his capabilities as a pilot shows a lack of class...again without him here to be able to defend himself. I have no idea how much Dave currently drinks or doesn't drink...nor is it any of my business. It's none of yours either.

Shawn, if you don't mind I will decide for myself what is my business and what isn't.

and while we're on the subject, telling me that I should go root for another team even though I have been a lifelong fan merely because I don't think we are going to win every game every season shows me your ignorance.

looks like neither one of us is perfect, but you don't walk on any higher moral ground than I do although you seem to enjoy thinking you do.

Shawn
11-02-2012, 03:44 AM
Shawn, if you don't mind I will decide for myself what is my business and what isn't.

and while we're on the subject, telling me that I should go root for another team even though I have been a lifelong fan merely because I don't think we are going to win every game every season shows me your ignorance.

looks like neither one of us is perfect, but you don't walk on any higher moral ground than I do although you seem to enjoy thinking you do.

I could tell that has been eating you since I wrote it. I apologize if that hurt your feelings. Now, just think if that little qwip of mine hurt you and you are still thinking about it...how much more hurtful is dragging NKy through the mud on a public message board? Think about it. As for walking on some sort of moral higher ground...I find that somewhat amusing since I know what I am...and it's not a good man. Just some things should be common sense...don't kick a man when he's down...nor trash a man that can't defend himself.

flippy
11-02-2012, 05:47 AM
A million kids every year pee in a pool. And we all swim in it. So everyone's been peed on in a pool. No biggie.

Maybe the pool was cold and NKy was just trying to warm it up?

Maybe he was so drunk he saw water and thought it was the toilet?

Maybe he wasn't drunk and just thought the guy in the pool was a douche?

Maybe he's diabetic and couldn't hold it any longer?

Maybe his friend didn't believe asparagus makes your pee smelly funny and he was proving it to him?

Djfan
11-02-2012, 08:23 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/swimming-pools-public-toilet-bowls-many-survey-193700688.html

additional bacteria we carry on skin, in particular sweat and traces of fecal matter (yes even on adults),gets mixed in the pool. "If disinfectant isn't right, bacteria is allowed to grow in pools, so someone accidentally consumes a mouthful of water like we all do when we're swimming and suddenly they're subject to serious bacteria like E.coli or salmonella."

That should help it be a non issue to some of you.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-02-2012, 08:44 AM
Well, this DOES bring back memories of the Trib board...often times, threads there would degenerate into pissing matches...this thread has degenerated to pissing...

grotonsteel
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't know NKy but he seemed way too sensitive. He had an argument with StlrzD over something very trivial on PlanetSteeler board. I hope StlrzD did not stop posting because of that episode.

fezziwig
11-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Well, this DOES bring back memories of the Trib board...often times, threads there would degenerate into pissing matches...this thread has degenerated to pissing...

LOL !!!!!!!!! Best post of this thread !!!!

fezziwig
11-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Who was the guy that would fly into a hissy fit if you said anything negative about backup center Okobi ? I remember guys would knock Okobi and then type in a count down of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4,3,2,1 and say, so and so should be here to give me hell about now for not showng Okobi the love.

eniparadoxgma
11-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Who was the guy that would fly into a hissy fit if you said anything negative about backup center Okobi ? I remember guys would knock Okobi and then type in a count down of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4,3,2,1 and say, so and so should be here to give me hell about now for not showng Okobi the love.

hahaha, I remember that. I think that was Cedrick Wilson's cousin... The guy that tried to prove he was someone he wasn't... and got called out on it. Someone called the number of whatever quasi-famous person the guy claimed to be and he got busted... Crap, I forget. :D

Djfan
11-02-2012, 06:46 PM
hahaha, I remember that. I think that was Cedrick Wilson's cousin... The guy that tried to prove he was someone he wasn't... and got called out on it. Someone called the number of whatever quasi-famous person the guy claimed to be and he got busted... Crap, I forget. :D

I remember this but no names to offer. Good times.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Did someone mention the poster who was the Dad of a Steeler ... made the team as a rookie, actually played a few series, got cut, made it back the next year, then I think he got cut one time too many. The Dad was really nice, and it was a nice feeling having that connection to an actual Steeler. Too bad the kid didn't make the team ...

hawaiiansteel
11-03-2012, 02:29 AM
Did someone mention the poster who was the Dad of a Steeler ... made the team as a rookie, actually played a few series, got cut, made it back the next year, then I think he got cut one time too many. The Dad was really nice, and it was a nice feeling having that connection to an actual Steeler. Too bad the kid didn't make the team ...

yes I remember, the player was FS Mike Lorello out of West Virginia and his Dad was really cool and gave some very interesting insights into the emotional roller coaster a player trying to make the team goes through.

eniparadoxgma
11-03-2012, 10:26 AM
yes I remember, the player was FS Mike Lorello out of West Virginia and his Dad was really cool and gave some very interesting insights into the emotional roller coaster a player trying to make the team goes through.

I remember that now. Very cool. I failed to mention that I also remember Patrick Williams and what he went through. All the best to him (where is he now?).

Hawaiian, I don't remember you from the Trib. Did you have a different nick or not post very often? I think everyone that used to be on the Trib but has a different name here should post their old Trib names. You know, like: eniparadoxgma = eniparadoxgma, Dee Dub = SFL, Shawn = ShawnMedGuy, FlaSteel = Smartmonies, Ruthless = Queerbait, etc etc. :)

flippy
11-03-2012, 10:44 AM

Maybe he was friends with Jeff Reed.

flippy
11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I remember that now. Very cool. I failed to mention that I also remember Patrick Williams and what he went through. All the best to him (where is he now?).

Hawaiian, I don't remember you from the Trib. Did you have a different nick or not post very often? I think everyone that used to be on the Trib but has a different name here should post their old Trib names. You know, like: eniparadoxgma = eniparadoxgma, Dee Dub = SFL, Shawn = ShawnMedGuy, FlaSteel = Smartmonies, Ruthless = Queerbait, etc etc. :)

i got tired of typing in flippinburghers. This board has freed me of those extra 9 characters.

Jigawatts
11-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Jigawatts = 1.21 Jigawatts at the Trib. I totally changed it up here.

eniparadoxgma
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
i got tired of typing in flippinburghers. This board has freed me of those extra 9 characters.

Jigawatts = 1.21 Jigawatts at the Trib. I totally changed it up here.

Yes, both of you went beyond the call of duty in re-imagining yourselves for this board: Not as far as me, but still...

Djfan
11-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Lorello's dad was extremely cool. I kept the same nick so you all would have an easier time continuing the love here, that you found to be so strong there.

Can't explain FF's love for me.

fezziwig
11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I used to be helmet head

jj28west
11-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I was a lurker who became orphaned and bounced around until there was a regroup. Steelerfever, Steelernation & Steeler insider may have more traffic juice but the highest quality Steeler and football experts along with their unique characters cannot be matched by the Trib and now here.

Tencee Madison or something like that was a classic punk. Another Tribune Legend in his own mind. Had something special in his pants for Ben. Ben must have been turned down an autograph or something or Ben refused to visit his JR High School.

What about Tommy. I think there was something really wrong with the kid. Never saw someone start so many threads like "If the Steelers lose I will never watch another game for the rest of my life"

Ghost
11-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Anyone regularly post at Stillernation.com or the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern? Lot of guys from the Trib went to those boards, and I assume some boards I do not know about. I used to do a college pick-em run by ranrod7 on the Tavern for a couple of years. Stillernation had good discussion but wore me out.

fezziwig
11-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I forgot about Steeler Nation and I believe I'm a member there. I did like the Tavern because it was a small group of fans and not a lot of posting so it was easy to follow. I soon left the Tavern because Nky either lost his mind or the power of being a mod turned him into a total jackass. He pretty much killed that site to where it became a ghost town. When I or anyone would speak up he would tell us to join Steeler Planet and hang out with the losers here. Sorry to break that to all you fellow losers. Time had past and I had forgotten about the Tavern until Kipper and Steelereign invited everyone back because, they finally got tired of the crap from NKy and tossed him out. It's back to being a nice site once again.
This is a pretty terrific site with excellent mods and 97% excellent posters. The 3%, they know who they are lol.

Djfan
11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
I used to be on Stillers.com and still hit up steelernation.com, but that's it. This is the best Steelers site, IMO.

BTW, Crash is over at steelernation.com schleping his views. Has few friends.

We should all go to the other sites and get the trib crowd to come here an post on this thread.

eniparadoxgma
11-07-2012, 08:24 PM
I was on the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern and the Planet simultaneously for awhile but I eventually just ended up coming here all of the time. I joined that one where Big Nasty was a mod a long time ago but I didn't care for all of the in-jokes and people with multiple accounts and alter egos and such.

I think I remember you as Helmet Head, fezz.

Ghost, was ranrod the one that ran it at the Trib and then kept doing it at the Tavern and here for awhile? I'm trying to remember who did that. LVG maybe? I think I'm going to start it up here again next year. I miss the Pick 'ems (if you couldn't tell by my posting weekly picks without the contest lol).

And I agree DJ. This is the best Steelers forum on the...Planet. :cool:

MeetJoeGreene
11-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I was on the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern and the Planet simultaneously for awhile but I eventually just ended up coming here all of the time. I joined that one where Big Nasty was a mod a long time ago but I didn't care for all of the in-jokes and people with multiple accounts and alter egos and such.

I think I remember you as Helmet Head, fezz.

Ghost, was ranrod the one that ran it at the Trib and then kept doing it at the Tavern and here for awhile? I'm trying to remember who did that. LVG maybe? I think I'm going to start it up here again next year. I miss the Pick 'ems (if you couldn't tell by my posting weekly picks without the contest lol).

And I agree DJ. This is the best Steelers forum on the...Planet. :cool:I

I think kipper runs tavern... used to be some toro dude too

BradshawsHairdresser
11-08-2012, 12:02 AM
I ran the pick-em contest for a couple years on the Trib board. It got to be too much for me, though...I think we had 60-some participants one year...

SDSteel1
11-08-2012, 12:51 AM
Anyone regularly post at Stillernation.com or the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern? Lot of guys from the Trib went to those boards, and I assume some boards I do not know about. I used to do a college pick-em run by ranrod7 on the Tavern for a couple of years. Stillernation had good discussion but wore me out.

I chime in over at Stillernation.com occasionally. It is a NSFW site with alot of adult humor and hijinx. Hogefan, HHH, 43, Doc who started the board, and occasionally chemsteel post over there as well as a hand full of other Trib guys. I normally check here for the news and over there for the entertainment. Its a very heated atmosphere at times with alot of personal attacks, and basically a wild west metality. Fun to burn 15-30 minutes a week there.

I was SD Steel on the trib, and then SD Steel here, but then I couldn't long on so I just changed it to something unique. :)

jj28west
11-08-2012, 06:02 AM
Speaking of Steeler Boards it became apparent to me that you just cant come into an established board and become one of the members just because you want to talk Steeler football.

Boards like Steeler Fury, Steeler Addicts, etc were like that. Steeler Universe are Steeler Fever refugees when the board owner sold out.

Steeler Depot is a blog I think but the guy seems to be a peker head about his material.

I think this site has even more link and article news juice than the original Trib and is an excellent one stop shop for Steeler news shared by the members.

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 07:31 AM
As I've said before, " I believe this site, the mods and the posters are about the best around. "

Djfan
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Steeler Depot is a blog I think but the guy seems to be a peker head about his material.

When he displayed his "peker-headedness" (I think you want a "c" in there actually), I left for good. I was only a recent, minor player there, but that move was kindergarten. Guy obviously has a bigger ego than MSM ever did.

Starlifter
11-08-2012, 08:23 AM
let me put it this way. if a half dozen posters from this board said 'we'll be at the game let's hook up and tailgate' I'd be there without hesitation. If that happened at the trib board - I'd not only avoid the thing but carry my 9mm in case I stumbled across it and needed to defend myself.

the planet rocks.

fezziwig
11-08-2012, 08:38 AM
let me put it this way. if a half dozen posters from this board said 'we'll be at the game let's hook up and tailgate' I'd be there without hesitation. If that happened at the trib board - I'd not only avoid the thing but carry my 9mm in case I stumbled across it and needed to defend myself.

the planet rocks.

Ha, you said it ! I would probably put a false name tag on until I learned who everyone was. Some might have to fear me because there were a few that I would have liked to have roughed up. Such as........... little al, blood fart, rancid meat and one that still post here that, I can't think of his name right now. He's pretty much a peckerhead too and a liar. One time he said he's a law student and another time he said he's a teacher. I'll eventually see him post here and mention his name possibly but, out of the blue he popped off at me and it was crude. To me the dude has some closet gay stuff going on in his personal life.

Ghost
11-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Eniparadoxgma - I'd definitley be in if you did a weekly college pick-em here. I liked the Tavern one - about 10 guys or so. I remember the trib one being a bit out of hand as Hairdressser said. Can't imagine running it there. Randod was a cool guy.

I popped on Stillernation the other night b/c of this thread. Definitely not somewhere I'd go from my work computer. We argue here (and that's good), but a whole different vibe there. And one poster had a sig line that was insanely racist. I saw some names of guys I wished posted here. Maybe we're too tame here - @#$% those guys for thinking that...

Djfan
11-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Maybe we're too tame here - @#$% those guys for thinking that...

Negatory!! I am here because it is mostly civil. Those other sites have too much "I wish I was still the frat boy that I pretend I was in my mind" ness to them. No thanks.

Slapstick
11-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Like most of us here, I don't necessarily have a lot of spare time...I have a few minutes where I can sneak onto this board here and there...occasionally, I have more time to spend...

With time at a premium, why in the world would I waste that precious time at a board with a bunch of jagoffs?

JH has a great operation here with a great online community of Steeler fans...and I wouldn't trade my time on this board for twice as much time at another...

eniparadoxgma
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I

I think kipper runs tavern... used to be some toro dude too

Kipper and Toro, yup. Cool guys. I was talking about whoever ran the pick 'ems though.

I ran the pick-em contest for a couple years on the Trib board. It got to be too much for me, though...I think we had 60-some participants one year...

I feel you. I bet that was a PITA. Someone ran it at the Tavern and here simultaneously for awhile. I'm thinking it was LVG.

Eniparadoxgma - I'd definitley be in if you did a weekly college pick-em here. I liked the Tavern one - about 10 guys or so. I remember the trib one being a bit out of hand as Hairdressser said. Can't imagine running it there. Randod was a cool guy.

I actually don't follow college football and was talking about picking NFL games like we used to (although I know there was a College Pick 'ems too). I'll probably do it next year. I miss 'em.

hawaiiansteel
11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

the Trib was my first message board ever and I lurked for a long time there before I finally got enough courage up to start posting. shortly thereafter, just as I started posting regularly the Trib pulled the plug on the board.

and you probably wouldn't recognize me from my name there, I had an "er" on the end and was named "hawaiiansteeler". ;)

eniparadoxgma
11-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Can't find the original picture but:

http://i.imgur.com/ue8zu.jpg (http://imgur.com/ue8zu)

bostonsteeler
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
If I remember correctly, rickt (I forget the numbers in his name) was a normal poster at one time and then eventually devolved into a complete douche..

Unless I have my nicknames mixed up..

Rick used to do game commentaries on the board for those of us who were unable to watch the game. I enjoyed those -- we didn't get many Pit games in Boston. But the occasional scmuck would dump on him for doing the commentary, and then he'd get annoyed.

One big life changer for him was that his son died..

eniparadoxgma
11-18-2012, 09:41 AM
Yep. He did the play by play for those of us who didn't have access to the game. He helped me and others out numerous times. As far as his losing his son, it happened before I ever interacted with the guy but I both remember that and actually went off on someone who tried to bring it up against him in an "argument".

However, as time went on the guy just lost it. When we didn't draft OL one particular year it got bad. When we didn't the following year all hell broke loose. He's banned from this board and it's not for a lack of a reason.

fezziwig
11-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Like most of us here, I don't necessarily have a lot of spare time...I have a few minutes where I can sneak onto this board here and there...occasionally, I have more time to spend...

With time at a premium, why in the world would I waste that precious time at a board with a bunch of jagoffs?

JH has a great operation here with a great online community of Steeler fans...and I wouldn't trade my time on this board for twice as much time at another...

I like your comment slapstick and I've said in the past and of late "this is the best site around." The trib was nice in its own way but too much garbage came along with it. I mostly remember trolls taking over the boards. I actually thought a troll ran the board from the Trib. I haven't been to any Steeler sites except the Tavern of late. I came to this site first, got invited to the Tavern and it was nice at first. Not a lot of posters, not a lot of threads to follow and it was a small circle of guys having good talks. Eventually one of the mods turned into an obnoxious.........I don't even know how to describe him/it. Steelereign tried as a mod to be peace keeper between the posters and the A-hole mod but it all fell flat. I stopped going there as many did if they weren't booted from the odd ball mod for having their own opinions.
Eventually they tossed this particular mod off the site or removed his modship from him and it's a nice calm/polite board. The only trouble is I believe, the screwball mod did so much damage, insulted so many posters and so on, he has pretty much flat lined that site. Very few people post there outside the mods and sometimes not even that. It's a shame because steeleriegn is such a nice mod/guy and he and kipper tried very hard to make the adjustments. I think the Tavern changed it's name to ..... ? I can't remember but, I think you can still locate it under the Tavern name.

Despite all that I mentioned, it is nice to know this is a great site, 94% of the posters are great guys and the mod/mods are not on a power trip.

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2012, 12:30 PM
the mod/mods are not on a power trip.

That's what you think. Mwoo-ha-ha-HA-HAAA!!! Feel my wrath, suckas!!! :p

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/048/668/stormtrooper-hump.gif?1318992465

fezziwig
11-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Say all you want, I am not affected by losers. At least that is what the ex-mod from the Tavern said about this site and all those who are enlisted here. :razz:

hawaiiansteel
11-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Say all you want, I am not affected by losers. At least that is what the ex-mod from the Tavern said about this site and all those who are enlisted here. :razz:

Crash did the same thing, after being banned from here he went over to the Tavern and called everyone who posts here at the Planet "a bunch of losers" just like the ex-mod did that you are referencing.

oh well, guess we can't all be winners like the ex-mod and Crash are...

fezziwig
11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
I haven't seen Crash at the Tavern but again, I haven't been doing a lot over there and also, I don't see many over there.. Hawaiin, remember when the Tavern invited everyone back to their site with the news they booted scrambled egg brains from being a mod ? The site prior to that was a ghost town and I truly believe you pumped life back into it. Since you haven't been there for a while it's flat again. Do you think that site can ever recover from the damage that was done ?
Also, exactly who is Crash ? He never bothered me or caused me trouble but I have to say, he was an authority on everything. I enjoy other peoples comments even if I disagree but, he seemed as if he had his own way and if he didn't agree with you or you didn't agree with him..... there was a never ending battle for him to impress his will upon everyone.
Am I'm describing that correctly ?

BTW, how do you like the chandelier I've hung up in my camp ?

flippy
11-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Crash did the same thing, after being banned from here he went over to the Tavern and called everyone who posts here at the Planet "a bunch of losers" just like the ex-mod did that you are referencing.

oh well, guess we can't all be winners like the ex-mod and Crash are...

homosayswhat?

hawaiiansteel
11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I haven't seen Crash at the Tavern but again, I haven't been doing a lot over there and also, I don't see many over there.. Hawaiin, remember when the Tavern invited everyone back to their site with the news they booted scrambled egg brains from being a mod ? The site prior to that was a ghost town and I truly believe you pumped life back into it. Since you haven't been there for a while it's flat again. Do you think that site can ever recover from the damage that was done ?
Also, exactly who is Crash ? He never bothered me or caused me trouble but I have to say, he was an authority on everything. I enjoy other peoples comments even if I disagree but, he seemed as if he had his own way and if he didn't agree with you or you didn't agree with him..... there was a never ending battle for him to impress his will upon everyone.
Am I'm describing that correctly ?

BTW, how do you like the chandelier I've hung up in my camp ?

after being banned from here Crash was banned from the Tavern shortly thereafter and I believe he is sharing his pearls of wisdom at steelernation now.

I always found Crash to be a very entertaining and knowledgeable poster but he rubs a lot of posters the wrong way with all discussions eventually leading back to Art Rooney II just wanting to run the ball, LeBeau's defenses always coughing up 4th quarter leads, Hines Ward being divorced and hanging out with known drug dealers and Ben the Demi-God being able to do no wrong.

and yes, I think that is a very nice chandelier...:D

fezziwig
11-18-2012, 04:08 PM
are you saying he couldn't get off those particular topics ? when was hines hanging out with drug dealers ? i missed that one.

yep...lebeaus defense wasn't hanging on in the fourth
art said he would like to see us run better or more but in any event, i thought the tone of his voice or his comments were, " when needed, be able to run the ball. "
what's wrong with our qb being popular ? when your a winner, that is what happens.

i'm excited about the chandelier..... i had taken it out of a store at the ohio valley mall back in the 1980's during the remoldeling. can't remember the exact year. i've kept that thing ever since and finally, i have a camp that it looks good in. i've been renovating this camp for 1-1/2 years and the chandelier is finally up. that light has to be 100 pounds if not more.

Djfan
11-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I see Crash over at steelernation.com a lot.

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2012, 04:57 PM
I see Crash over at steelernation.com a lot.

I'll bet today steelernation is learning all about why Todd Haley the ex-golf coach only got the OC job because of who his Daddy is...

BradshawsHairdresser
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I've thought Haley was doing a good job this season, but his work in yesterday's game left me scratching my head...

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
I've thought Haley was doing a good job this season, but his work in yesterday's game left me scratching my head...

Haley's worst game as our OC by far...

fezziwig
11-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I thought he was doing a good job and still doing a good job. An injured Leftwich isn't going to beat many teams. Wallace dropping the ball, Colon off sides or holding or whatever he does to screw the team along with Adams having a rough go of it and then there is Heath Miller and Cotchery that I believe dropped a pass each. Mendenhall not doing much, Redman hurt, Dwyer removing himself from the game each time he seemed to have the defense on their heals. Cap it off with not so terrific field position.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I thought he was doing a good job and still doing a good job. An injured Leftwich isn't going to beat many teams. Wallace dropping the ball, Colon off sides or holding or whatever he does to screw the team along with Adams having a rough go of it and then there is Heath Miller and Cotchery that I believe dropped a pass each. Mendenhall not doing much, Redman hurt, Dwyer removing himself from the game each time he seemed to have the defense on their heals. Cap it off with not so terrific field position.

I don't know much, but I found myself moaning about the execution more than the play calling yesterday. Poor Lefty. Adams. Wallace. Even Foote caught tripping (is that irony?).
Maybe I should be, but I'm not as po'd at Kiesel for that off-sides as I should be. But anyway, I don't think any OC could shine yesterday.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
Even Foote caught tripping (is that irony?).

By rule, "close" doesn't count; the only one "tripping" on that play was the ref...

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
By rule, "close" doesn't count; the only one "tripping" on that play was the ref...

http://www.indepthinfo.com/horseshoes/images/horseshoes-and-handgrenades.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.indepthinfo.com/horseshoes/images/horseshoes-and-handgrenades.jpgNice! Horshoes & Handgrenades!

Missing from the pic though are atom bombs and, uhmm, flatulence.

Just sayin'! :-)

RuthlessBurgher
11-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Nice! Horshoes & Handgrenades!

Missing from the pic though are atom bombs and, uhmm, flatulence.

Just sayin'! :-)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8o2vuHBjI1rczblgo1_500.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-19-2012, 10:21 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8o2vuHBjI1rczblgo1_500.jpg:Clap:Clap:Clap: Bow:Bow:Bow:Bow:Cheers