PDA

View Full Version : Weather on Sunday Could Be a Huge Factor????

Oviedo
10-25-2012, 04:00 PM
With Huricaine Sandy expected to hit Saturday or Sunday, all the Mid Atlantic states could get hammered this weekend. What is it looking like up Pittsbugh way?

NFL games further east could have some issues.

phillyesq
10-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Not sure about Pittsburgh, but they are predicting some serious nastiness over here. Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.

How are things looking for you, Ovi?

Oviedo
10-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Not sure about Pittsburgh, but they are predicting some serious nastiness over here. Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.

How are things looking for you, Ovi?

Just clouds. Too far out to sea to the east of us. The beaches are real rough with lots of rip currents but we have been fortunate this season.

Slapstick
10-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Apparently it's a relatively rare mix of a hurricane with a potential snow storm converging from inland.

Ah, the dreaded Frankenstorm...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-10-25/u-dot-s-dot-east-from-washington-to-nyc-at-risk-from-hurricane-sandy

fordfixer
10-25-2012, 08:16 PM
So which team will bad weather effect more. I would think with our short passing game, and if we can run the ball like we did last week we should be ok. What do you think?

DBR96A
10-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Right now, the National Weather Service is forecasting anywhere from 0.25" to 0.50" of rain across western Pennsylvania between 8PM Saturday and 8PM Sunday. It'll have little to do with Hurricane Sandy, though, because the center of circulation is expected to be off the coast of the Carolinas at 2PM Sunday. The trigger for the precipitation in western Pennsylvania will be a frontal passage, although there is a chance that some moisture could be siphoned off Sandy to enhance rainfall totals. It's doubtful that Sunday will be a washout, though. If there's heavy rain in western Pennsylvania, then it's more likely to occur on Monday and Tuesday. Regardless, eastern Pennsylvania will get it a lot worse.

So which team will bad weather effect more. I would think with our short passing game, and if we can run the ball like we did last week we should be ok. What do you think?

I think rain would make it harder for Robert Griffin III because he wouldn't be able to use his legs as much.

ikestops85
10-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I think we should soak the field anyway. Turn it into a mudpit so RGIII starts sinking up to his ankles in it. That might slow him down. Then we turn the mini-bus loose and rumble to a victory.

:tt2:tt2

lloydroid
10-26-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/180855.shtml?5-daynl#contents

It's not going to be close enough by Sunday to be that much of a force. It's going by us here (NE FL on the coast) and the surf is testy and the wind is blowing down palm tree fronds, but that's it. But come Monday or Tues. folks in WPA might be in for some serious rain and your ground can't handle the water like we can in FL. I remember just a little remnant of a hurricane went through Pgh a few years ago and it flooded out the joint.

DBR96A
10-26-2012, 06:00 PM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/180855.shtml?5-daynl#contents

It's not going to be close enough by Sunday to be that much of a force. It's going by us here (NE FL on the coast) and the surf is testy and the wind is blowing down palm tree fronds, but that's it. But come Monday or Tues. folks in WPA might be in for some serious rain and your ground can't handle the water like we can in FL. I remember just a little remnant of a hurricane went through Pgh a few years ago and it flooded out the joint.

That's because all the water ran off into the low-lying areas. It's not a matter of how porous the soil is; it's a matter of topography.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-26-2012, 09:48 PM
With Huricaine Sandy expected to hit Saturday or Sunday, all the Mid Atlantic states could get hammered this weekend. What is it looking like up Pittsbugh way?

NFL games further east could have some issues.

i got tickets for Sunday. On one hand I am pissed that its gonna be cold since it was so warm today, but on the other a slippery Heinz Field could prevent really fast scrawny QB's from taking off when big fast linebackers approach at a high rate of speed with angry intentions. I think we emerge on the NFL risers, movers & shakers, after a thorough but whippin'.

i think Pitt may play there Saturday so if it rains it may be kinda funky for track stars.

RuthlessBurgher
10-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Yeah, the Frankenstorm itself (high winds, heavy precipation) won't hit up in this area for several more days, but it will still supposed to rain in Pittsburgh on Saturday into Sunday nonetheless (steady rain, but not "Perfect Storm" level stuff by any means). Looks like I'm gonna have to pack raingear for my son and I. Conditions should be worse for the games in Philly and the Meadowlands this weekend.

kindlecatsb'ng
10-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Don't you mean "dink & dunk"?
Kindle :stirpot

fordfixer
10-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Don't you mean "dink & dunk"?
Kindle :stirpotYeah that's what I meant;)