PDA

View Full Version : Do the Steelers?

pittpete
10-24-2012, 10:28 AM
Let Dwyer build on his performance if Mendy and Redman are back?
Discuss

Shoe
10-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Let Dwyer build on his performance if Mendy and Redman are back?
Discuss

The thing with Dwyer, is that you cannot just put his name down in ink... you have to pencil him in. You have to consider whether:

a) he has a hangnail or not (if he does, he's not playing)
b) he has something to prove

So as it relates to this game, I think he should start. I think he is healthy. And I think he wants to prove that last week is not just a fleeting moment. Mendenhall shouldn't push it, and risk being in and out all year. Redman should be Dwyer's backup in any case, given his DISAPPOINTING lack of production to this point.

Slapstick
10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Redman should be Dwyer's backup in any case, given his DISAPPOINTING lack of production to this point.

I was really disappointed in the first 100 yard receiving game by a Steeler RB in 40 some odd years...

He's also still money on 3rd down...

The Steelers will need both...

steelz09
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure if Dwyer will be activated at all.

Will they dress more than Mendenhall, Redman and Rainey?

Shoe
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
I was really disappointed in the first 100 yard receiving game by a Steeler RB in 40 some odd years...

He's also still money on 3rd down...

The Steelers will need both...

What about the previous 4-5 games? He played like hot garbage. Look, I've been a fan (of his). That's why I'm so disappointed, that he didn't take the opportunity and run with it. He took days off of camp (nursing a bruised vagina), when he could've sent a message to Dwyer, the team, the fans, himself, that he was ready to break-out and be someone who could carry the load. Instead, he retreated into the background, tapping on his helmet everytime he gets a bit winded.

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2012, 02:36 PM
He took days off of camp (nursing a bruised vagina)

I've never had one, but perhaps a bruised vagina is very painful? :shock:

Slapstick
10-24-2012, 03:01 PM
What about the previous 4-5 games? He played like hot garbage. Look, I've been a fan (of his). That's why I'm so disappointed, that he didn't take the opportunity and run with it. He took days off of camp (nursing a bruised vagina), when he could've sent a message to Dwyer, the team, the fans, himself, that he was ready to break-out and be someone who could carry the load. Instead, he retreated into the background, tapping on his helmet everytime he gets a bit winded.

Okay..........................

skyhawk
10-25-2012, 01:51 AM
Redman played like hot garbage mainly because his OLine was hot garbage. The Steelers line played about as well as they have all season against the Bengals - Dwyer ran hard and took advantage of it. Redman had ZERO room to run in the games he has played. The line was pitiful.

skyhawk
10-25-2012, 01:53 AM
And I will also point out the Oline also gave Ben a lot of time in this game. Enough to be 27/37 even WITH all of Wallace's drops. That IS a huge positive that I see in this game.