PDA

View Full Version : Should Lebeau Move Harrison Inside?

flippy
10-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Could we benefit from moving James Harrison inside next to Timmons and let Worilds play OLB?

Harrison's knee/back may make him less of a pass rusher. He's kinda small already and it may be tough to be his size and get so much leverage given his health. But he's as good as any LB I've ever seen at navigating through traffic to make tackles.

And we could cross him with Timmons to manufacture pressure up the middle.

Bottom line - Would we be better with

a. Woodley - Timmons - Foote - Harrison

or

b. Woodley - Timmons - Harrison - Worilds

Mister Pittsburgh
10-23-2012, 01:08 PM
maybe with all the passing that goes on, we should bench Hampton and replace him with Worilds and they all float around and kick butt. Runa 2-5

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Is it my imagination, or does Worilds look much more effective when he plays in Woodley's LOLB spot as opposed to Harrison's ROLB position?

BigRob
10-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Is it my imagination, or does Worilds look much more effective when he plays in Woodley's LOLB spot as opposed to Harrison's ROLB position?

Not your imagination.

Oviedo
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Harrison would IMO look great at MLB in our 4-3 defense next year!

Sugar
10-23-2012, 04:59 PM

Do you need coffee? You seem to have fallen into some dreamland.

phillyesq
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM

I thought you wanted a tampa-2 style 43 defense, where you need a MLB with speed like Urlacher to drop back and cover the deep middle. Or has your preference changed now?

D Rock
10-23-2012, 05:22 PM
I thought you wanted a tampa-2 style 43 defense, where you need a MLB with speed like Urlacher to drop back and cover the deep middle. Or has your preference changed now?

Urlacher was an animal last night in coverage.

Oviedo
10-23-2012, 05:59 PM

I prefer the 4-3 but never said it had to be Tampa 2. The way the Giants play it suits me just fine.

flippy
10-23-2012, 06:26 PM
I prefer the 4-3 but never said it had to be Tampa 2. The way the Giants play it suits me just fine.

Does the Giants DLine come with that switch?

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM

yeah, no kidding...

Flasteel
10-23-2012, 07:39 PM
I guarantee that he has the strength to fight-off guards and fullbacks, shed, and fill, so we know he would excel inside. However, did you guys see that graphic on Sunday night, when they measured the angle of his lean? What has made Harrison such an impact edge rusher is his explosion, strength and leverage. Those first two attributes translate well inside but that third would be wasted.

Now, of course the whole point of that graphic was to illustrate that he is not yet able to get that same type of leverage. It's an obviously small sample size to determine anything and of course, he is still recovering from an injury. But if he isn't able to re-gain that leverage because of his back and knee issues, then I say stick him inside next year and see what Worlids has got.

Shoe
10-23-2012, 07:44 PM

What are you talking about? We already got our JPP & Tuck (Ziggy Hood/Cam Heyward).

Eddie Spaghetti
10-23-2012, 07:46 PM
sadly, I don't see 92 being here next year due to a combination of age, salary, and knee problems in any particular order.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Does one come with our 3-4?

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2012, 08:02 PM
sadly, I don't see 92 being here next year due to a combination of age, salary, and knee problems in any particular order.

Harrison might be willing to re-do his deal in order to stay here another year or two ala Casey Hampton.

Oviedo
10-23-2012, 08:02 PM
yeah, no kidding...

If you draft players to play that kind of defense and don't waste two years of their career "converting" them could even be better.

flippy
10-23-2012, 08:24 PM
What are you talking about? We already got our JPP & Tuck (Ziggy Hood/Cam Heyward).

We just need a video of Hood doing a series of backflips across the field. He's practically there with his workout video :)

Eddie Spaghetti
10-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Harrison might be willing to re-do his deal in order to stay here another year or two ala Casey Hampton.

sorry, but I just don't see any upside in asking james to learn a new position at his age, while also retarding the growth/acclimation of a younger draft pick or free agent.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-23-2012, 08:39 PM
sorry, but I just don't see any upside in asking james to learn a new position at his age, while also retarding the growth/acclimation of a younger draft pick or free agent.
Wasn't Harrison the backup at ILB & OLB when Peazy was here?

Eddie Spaghetti
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
that's a long time ago.

still not seeing the upside of such a move.

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2012, 10:56 PM

They could reduce his salary and then agree to pay all of his fines if he goes back to playing the way he used to when everyone was scared of him. :cool:

bostonsteeler
10-23-2012, 11:38 PM
And we could cross him with Timmons ..

That's a beast I'd like to see..

hawaiiansteel
10-24-2012, 01:45 AM
They could reduce his salary and then agree to pay all of his fines if he goes back to playing the way he used to when everyone was scared of him. :cool:

the Steelers didn't give Mike Wallace the $11 million/year he was seeking, I doubt we would want to pay Harrison over $11/million year either. ;)