PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallce Sucks... Trade him.

steelz09
10-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Are you kidding me? This is the guy that wants top tier money? Catch the ball already.

AngryAsian
10-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Apologists are now welcome to post. :-)

7 UP
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Have to agree. Give him to the Jets for a 5th.

Shawn
10-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Agreed...are we now glad we signed Brown instead? Brown is clearly the better WR.

D Rock
10-21-2012, 09:32 PM
lowering his price tag for next year????

anyone????

7 UP
10-21-2012, 09:35 PM
I take that back Ill take a 7th for him. I hope we leave that POS in Cincy. He dosent deserve to fly home on the team plane.

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Let's see who score a Td. I bet 50 dollars it will be Wallace and not Brown.

birtikidis
10-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Let's see who drops more potential td's bet it'll be Wallace and not brown. Bet brown converts more 3rd downs too.

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 09:47 PM
It want make me mad. I love Brown but Wallace get criticized for wanting money. But all he do is score.

birtikidis
10-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Both guys make plays but Wallace has 50% the effort

hawaiiansteel
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Mike Wallace promises to start playing better as soon as we show him the money. so let's just go ahead and give into his contracts demands and pay him the $11.5 million/year he's asking for...:moon

Mister Pittsburgh
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
It want make me mad. I love Brown but Wallace get criticized for wanting money. But all he do is score.

How. Me want whiskey white man. White man kill buffalo.

chiken
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Since Brown has emerged Wallace's game has gone down hill. When he was the MAN he had a bit of swagger to his, now.. not so much..

Iron Shiek
10-21-2012, 11:06 PM

Holy cow that was funny.

feltdizz
10-21-2012, 11:14 PM

Hilarious....

bostonsteeler
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM

Rofl! .

SidSmythe
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
BROWN is an all around WR who puts his time in to improve....
I think Wallace's off season work out program was doing 60 yard sprints.

pittpete
10-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Well now defenses are doubling Brown so thats why Wallace is getting so open and Brown's production is down.....
Oh wait, switch that and go back to last year:rolleyes:
Man if Wallace had half the determination Brown had he'd be a top 5 WR

SDSteel1
10-22-2012, 12:07 AM

You meanum firewater and tatonka?

Great post!!

NJ-STEELER
10-22-2012, 12:25 AM
wallace should have asked timmons for advice going into a contract year

LordVile
10-22-2012, 12:47 AM
m in tears!!! hahaaaa. best line all day..

JDSteeler
10-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Dude are YOU, or are YOU RELATED to "Pittsburgh D" from Stillernation MB???

You have got to be the most uniformed poster in HERE!!

You are the "Triple U"...UnBelievable, UnReal, and UnReadable!!!

Goodbye!

JD

Steelhere10
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm sorry but I thought this was a message board and not English class. And furthermore most the time I am typing from a cell phone using swipe keyboard.

steelz09
10-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Mike "I only catch the ball if it's a 50 yard fly pattern with the ball dropped in my bread basket" Wallace.

Now, pay me 11.5 million a year.

This is how many games this year where it's appeared that he's completely lacked effort on plays? I think it's three. 1 game can be categorized as a "bad game" but 3 is a completely different story. If this continues I would seriously consider switching him and Sanders on the depth chart.

Even on the catch he made that got reviewed, I thought the effort was very poor. Truely sad.

Shawn
10-22-2012, 12:07 PM
I agree...I would bench Wallace for a game to send a message to Wallace, teammates, and other teams in the league that might wanna overpay for his services.

NW Steeler
10-22-2012, 12:24 PM
I think there is little to no chance he is re-signed at this point. Unless he wants about HALF of what he was originally offered.

feltdizz
10-22-2012, 12:52 PM
His hands are suspect.. breadbasket or its 50/50. He isn't worth 10 mill IMO.

fezziwig
10-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I was screaming at the TV " are you sure your worth the money your asking ? Do you think big money guys allow the passes to go thru their hands ? " " Bench him Tomlin and now they will know paychecks need earned and not handed out." Wallace and Tomlin obviously did not hear me.

BTW, the Redskins are our next team up and you palefaces should bring some of the fire water and get those Redskins drunk. That will screw up their game for them.

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2012, 01:38 PM
If this continues I would seriously consider switching him and Sanders on the depth chart.

Between Wallace and Sanders last night, we had the full Limas Sweed experience (Wallace dropping passes and Sanders faking injury).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Between Wallace and Sanders last night, we had the full Limas Sweed experience (Wallace dropping passes and Sanders faking injury).

No way, he's just a fast healer!!

pittpete
10-22-2012, 03:51 PM
I was also Fezz.
My wife kept asking me if I think they can hear me....:D

NorthCoast
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
His hands are suspect.. breadbasket or its 50/50. He isn't worth 10 mill IMO.

It's not only the hands that have bothered me about Wallace, it is the lack of toughness... runs out of bounds, drops to the ground to give himself up rather than trying to put his head down for that extra yard or two. He is easily brought down with an arm tackle.

$10M/yr..... haaahhaaahaaa, REALLY?!?!..... let him walk if that's what he wants...

SteelAbility
10-22-2012, 09:27 PM
If Wallace is worth $11.5M, then Baron Batch must be worth $14M. :)

Oviedo
10-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Since Brown has emerged Wallace's game has gone down hill. When he was the MAN he had a bit of swagger to his, now.. not so much..

I have said all along that Mike Wallace's problem is he can't handle the internal competition and comparisons to Antonio Brown. His psyche is too weak. That is why I don't think he really wants to stay here no matter what PR BS he puts out. He wants to go where he is "the man" and he will never be "the man" on the same team as Antonio Brown.

LordVile
10-23-2012, 03:47 AM

sheesh, if anything it was BARON BATCH who was "HURT" after he messed up.. Now, THAT was SWEEDLIKE.. he started limping as soon as he missed the ball!!! hilarity..

Sword
10-23-2012, 07:58 AM
When you drop passes like he and Batch did that usually means they are not practicing enough. They should double the amount of catching they do in practice!!

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Drops don’t shake Roethlisberger’s confidence in Wallace
Posted by Josh Alper on October 23, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT

There are receivers around the NFL with reputations for not having the best hands.

Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace isn’t one of them. He dropped a small number of passes in his first three seasons, helping him earn the trust of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and the coaches in the process. It’s reasonable to wonder if that trust took a hit on Sunday night when Wallace dropped four passes against the Bengals.

The answer, from Roethlisberger, is that the confidence remains high in a player he targeted 15 times during the game.

“I don’t shy away from them even with drops,” Roethlisberger said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “I will always have confidence in them no matter what. These guys all hold themselves to a really high standard, and it just shows how valuable these guys are to our attack.:

Wallace is on pace for the most receptions of his NFL career, although he’s also on pace for the lowest yards per catch. Both things are also true of Antonio Brown, which would seem to support Roethlisberger’s belief that the offense run by offensive coordinator Todd Haley is longer on dinking and dunking than it is on the big plays that were formerly a staple of the Pittsburgh attack.

Should things continue this way, it will be interesting to see what impact it has on Wallace’s quest for a new long-term contract in Pittsburgh or somewhere else. We’d say the same about the drops except that we’re pretty sure that it won’t be a positive outcome for the wideout.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/23/drops-dont-shake-roethlisbergers-confidence-in-wallace/

steelz09
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Most catches in his career and probably the most drops in his career. No way Wallace will see a contract this offseason if he keeps this up.

Oviedo
10-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Most catches in his career and probably the most drops in his career. No way Wallace will see a contract this offseason if he keeps this up.

Someone, maybe even the Steelers, will offer him a nice contract. It will probably be around what the Steelers already offered. However, I still think that Wallace wants to get away from the growing reputation and performance of Antonio Brown.

phillyesq
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
The Bengals showed why you want 2 good WRs. I like Antonio Brown, but he is no AJ Green, and Green was taken out of the game by the Steelers. Much harder to 2 when you have to worry about 2 WRs.

I would like to see Wallace return (at a reasonable rate, of course) because of the balance he brings to the offense. Even with a few drops, you have to account for his speed. If a deal cannot be reached, the Steelers need to get value in return for Wallace. Otherwise, it would open a big hole that needs to get filled.

steelz09
10-24-2012, 12:17 PM
The Bengals showed why you want 2 good WRs. I like Antonio Brown, but he is no AJ Green, and Green was taken out of the game by the Steelers. Much harder to 2 when you have to worry about 2 WRs.

I would like to see Wallace return (at a reasonable rate, of course) because of the balance he brings to the offense. Even with a few drops, you have to account for his speed. If a deal cannot be reached, the Steelers need to get value in return for Wallace. Otherwise, it would open a big hole that needs to get filled.

I still don't think the Steelers should pay him 50million or more and I don't see them doing so.

If Sanders stays healthy, I think him and Brown will be top 2 receivers next year. We'll see if a 2nd year guy, an upcoming draft pick or Cotchery will be our #3.

hawaiiansteel
10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Steelers notebook: Wallace ready to move on

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=ecrbO HVDPyY9$kAJ44OECc$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYv3JyKDINHCMKl EdUeQ3ioiWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace plays against the Raiders at Sports Authority Coliseum Oct. 2012

By Ralph N. Paulk
Published: Friday, October 26, 2012

Mike Wallace has put together some impressive numbers during his career. But his career-high four drops against the Bengals nearly got into his head.

Wallace is convinced he remedied the situation in preparing to face the Washington Redskins on Sunday at Heinz Field.

“I’m upset it happened, but you can’t dwell on it too much because it’ll roll over to the next game,” Wallace said. “I’m good about it now because I caught everything in practice this week to get it off my back.”

Wallace has gone back to the basics. He spent the week polishing his routes and using his eyes to the watch the ball in before tucking it away. He challenged cornerbacks Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis to help sharpen his focus.

Still, he’s perplexed about his uninspired performance against the Bengals.

“I don’t know what happened,” he said. “It was kind of a snowball effect. I took my eyes off the first one, and I had hard time shaking it off.”

‘NEW’ REDSKINS

Steelers safety Ryan Clark will hardly recognize the Redskins: Only two players — tight end Chris Cooley and receiver Santana Moss — remain on the Washington roster since he left after the 2005 season.

“They were the only two. It’s been a long time,” Clark said. “It would be cool to see those guys. It’s not the same team though as when I left. This is the Steelers versus the new Redskins. It’s going to be a challenge.”

The Steelers won, 23-6, in the teams’ last meeting in 2008. Clark sat out that game with an injured shoulder. He’ll get his chance to face down Moss, a deep threat for rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III.

“When I was there, (Moss) was the guy,” Clark said. “He was our No. 1 option. He was in the prime of his career.”

http://triblive.com/sports/2819997-85/wallace-redskins-clark-steelers-career-bengals-washington-week-team-moss#ixzz2AW1opngw

fordfixer
10-27-2012, 02:25 PM
He challenged cornerbacks Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis to help sharpen his focus.
Well then I sure feel better..........BTW anyone know how many PI calls Ike got in practice this week?
:rolleyes: