PDA

View Full Version : Running straight at FAT BOY!

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM
The coaching staff can't be that dumb...

Dee Dub
10-21-2012, 08:56 PM
He's actually doing his job and plugging his gap. It's the ILB behind him who isnt making the plays. Larry Foote is running free until he get's engulfed by a blocker. And this is the problem for the Steelers.

squidkid
10-21-2012, 09:44 PM
He's actually doing his job and plugging his gap. It's the ILB behind him who isnt making the plays. Larry Foote is running free until he get's engulfed by a blocker. And this is the problem for the Steelers.

there is no gap that is 4 yards downfield

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 09:49 PM
there is no gap that is 4 yards downfield lol I agree.

birtikidis
10-21-2012, 10:03 PM
It's laughable that you bash Hampton in one thread and defend Wallace in another.

SidSmythe
10-21-2012, 10:05 PM
as much as I tried blaming Casey he's been holding his own. If you wanna blame anyone look at ZIGGY HOOD. On that TD RUN he got washed out of his gap leaving FOOTE wide open to be blocked.

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 10:15 PM
It's laughable that you bash Hampton in one thread and defend Wallace in another.Wallace produces. Count his numbers over the the last 3 years. Hampton don't , he don't even give effort. Should Ben money be taken, because he's not having a great game.

Steelhere10
10-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Did you see that effort the last two plays ? Or lack of.

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2012, 12:04 AM
the Bengals had 21 rushes for only 80 yards, a 3.8 average.

Fat Boy must not have been doing too badly...

Dee Dub
10-22-2012, 12:22 AM

Actually it was Ziggy who was lined up at NT more during this game than Casey was.

Slapstick
10-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Actually it was Ziggy who was lined up at NT more during this game than Casey was.

I like Ziggy better at NT than I do at the 5 tech...

Now that Ta'amu went crazy, he may end up seeing more time there...

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2012, 01:52 AM
I like Ziggy better at NT than I do at the 5 tech...

Now that Ta'amu went crazy, he may end up seeing more time there...

and this would be a great way to get Heyward on the field more also...

Shoe
10-22-2012, 03:13 AM

That doesn't tell the whole story though.
When their #1 Center was in the game, they ran just fine (i.e. first drive). The second half saw a light in the a$s backup, and I'm presuming that Hampton was able to control him.

Slapstick
10-22-2012, 05:48 AM
That doesn't tell the whole story though.
When their #1 Center was in the game, they ran just fine (i.e. first drive). The second half saw a light in the a$s backup, and I'm presuming that Hampton was able to control him.

Doesn't matter...

The Steelers ran just fine with their backup center in the game, too..

feltdizz
10-22-2012, 07:38 AM
It DOES matter... we can't rely on every teams starting center getting hurt and a light in the a$$ backup replacing him so Halton can look half decent. Now if you mean it doesn't matter because we won this game then I agree... I feel no pity when a team has to use a backup but IMO Hampton shouldn't be out there as much this year.... and I've been a big Hampton fan for years.

Steelhere10
10-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Actually it was Ziggy who was lined up at NT more during this game than Casey was.Like I stated earlier, some poster's argue and don't even watch the games.

Lebsteel
10-22-2012, 09:10 AM
Wallace produces. Count his numbers over the the last 3 years. Hampton don't , he don't even give effort. Should Ben money be taken, because he's not having a great game.

Wallace produces dropped passes. Yea, I guess that is production. Over the last 15 games, Wallace has been average to below average at best. He was very good his first two years and then something happened...I was at the game last night and his body language after missing the balls made it seem like he didn't really care. His last 16 games: 68 cathces, 880 yards, and only 8 touchdowns. Not that impressive for a "franchise receiver."

JDSteeler
10-22-2012, 09:16 AM
Wallace produces dropped passes. Yea, I guess that is production. Over the last 15 games, Wallace has been average to below average at best. He was very good his first two years and then something happened...I was at the game last night and his body language after missing the balls made it seem like he didn't really care. His last 16 games: 68 cathces, 880 yards, and only 8 touchdowns. Not that impressive for a "franchise receiver."

Wally is a dump-truck!!!!

Dropping balls everywhere!!!

He doesn't give a $hit, cuz he isn't getting PAID!!!

When he gets PAID, I don't think he will give a $hit either!!!

And I can assure you that he won't be getting PAID by the Steelers!!!

JD

Steelhere10
10-22-2012, 09:17 AM
So what receiver on the Team numbers are better at scoring please tell me. Do I think the team needs to break the bank on Wallace, no I don't but he have out pereformed 90% of the team and make way less. And some hold that against him for wanting to get paid.

pittpete
10-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Serious about this?

Slapstick
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
It DOES matter... we can't rely on every teams starting center getting hurt and a light in the a$$ backup replacing him so Halton can look half decent. Now if you mean it doesn't matter because we won this game then I agree... I feel no pity when a team has to use a backup but IMO Hampton shouldn't be out there as much this year.... and I've been a big Hampton fan for years.

It doesn't matter because injuries are a part of the game...he beat the guy lined up across from him...Atkins and Peko did not...both were backup centers...

phillyesq
10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
The Bengals ran over the right side quite a bit. They seemed to really be targeting Ziggy Hood in the run game. I saw one play where Hampton did get turned out of the hole by the backup center, but otherwise, Collingsworth repeatedly commented that the center could not handle Hampton. I will be interested to watch a replay and see if that is accurate.

Slapstick
10-22-2012, 11:46 AM
The Bengals ran over the right side quite a bit. They seemed to really be targeting Ziggy Hood in the run game. I saw one play where Hampton did get turned out of the hole by the backup center, but otherwise, Collingsworth repeatedly commented that the center could not handle Hampton. I will be interested to watch a replay and see if that is accurate.

They ran to the right to start off the game, but the Steelers' D adjusted and it became ineffective...Green-Ellis finished with less than 4 YpC, and if you had told me that's how the game would end up after the 1st quarter, I wouldn't have believed you...