PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Bars

steelz09
10-18-2012, 10:50 PM
I just created a page that includes a google map of all Steelers bars in the world.

You can drag the map to different locations around the globe, zoom in/out, etc just like any other google map.

Click on a Steelers bar location and you can get directions to that bar. Check it out:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/team-info/steelers-bars/

Note: Access to this page is available on home page main menu.

fordfixer
10-18-2012, 10:57 PM
Nice Thanks 09

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2012, 01:56 AM
that's awesome, thanks!

I'm going to the Fox and Hounds Pub this Sunday to root on the Black & Gold...:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Chadman better start a Steeler bar in Australia some time soon. KiwiSarah has two options for Steeler bars in New Zealand, but there are none whatsoever on the entire Chadcontinent. There are even Steeler bars in places like Qatar and the Azores...step it up, Aussies!

DBR96A
10-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I haven't looked at the list, but as far as I'm concerned, one thing has to be true in order for a sports bar to be considered a Steeler bar: AT THE VERY LEAST, A PLURALITY OF FANS WHO GO THERE MUST BE STEELER FANS. THEY MUST BE, COMFORTABLY, THE LARGEST FAN BASE IN THE BUILDING, IF NOT THE OUTRIGHT MAJORITY. I stopped relying on the Post-Gazette's list after I'd been to several alleged "Steeler bars" in other cities, only to find myself grossly outnumbered.

It's not a Steeler bar simply because the owner of the bar is a Steeler fan. It's not a Steeler bar simply because five or six Steeler fans like to watch the games there every weekend. It's not a Steeler bar simply because it advertises itself as one. It's not a Steeler bar simply because Steeler fans once watched a game there. It's not a Steeler bar simply because some Steeler fans might want it to be.

The only way it is is if Steeler fans have absolute strength in numbers. Fans of other teams are welcome, but they, collectively, must not be a supermajority. If you need an example of what I consider a legitimate Steeler bar, go to Dixie's Tavern in Charlotte, NC. Mostly Steeler fans on game day.

Sorry for the rant. I just don't think we can stake our claim at every sports bar.

Jigawatts
10-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Chadman better start a Steeler bar in Australia some time soon.

The Walkabout Creek Hotel & Steelers Pub

hawaiiansteel
10-20-2012, 04:49 PM
The Walkabout Creek Hotel & Steelers Pub

I would have named it "The Walkabout Crocodile Dundee Kangaroo Jack & Boomerang Creek Hotel & Steelers Barbie Pub and Milk Bar for Sheilas & Blokes" :D

fordfixer
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I would have named it "The Walkabout Crocodile Dundee Kangaroo Jack & Boomerang Creek Hotel & Steelers Barbie Pub and Milk Bar for Sheilas & Blokes" :D
Donk's Place has a nice ring to it

MR.V.
10-21-2012, 06:15 PM
The best Steeler bar in Southwest Ohio is in my basement.

DukieBoy
10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
New Zealand 2
Australia 0

What's up Chadman ?

Flasteel
10-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Can we give you bars to add? There are also a couple of bars listed in my town which aren't Steelers bars or are no longer open.

Ghost
10-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I was going to ask about giving you new bars. Where I go it's the game on every TV in the house and most everyone is in jersey's or Black and Gold with lots of terrible towels. It's the real thing and it's not listed on the map.