PDA

View Full Version : Adams to Start at RT vs Bengals

phillyesq
10-15-2012, 02:32 PM
I've seen a few reports on twitter indicating that Adams will start but have not seen why. I'm guessing that Gilbert's injury is more severe than anticipated.

With some advanced notice, I hope that Haley can put in some plays to give Adams some extra help. If Gilbert and Pouncey are both out, that would leave Beachum as the only active backup. The Steelers will almost have to either bring up somebody from the PS or sign a veteran.

Slapstick
10-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Adams will be fine with a whole week of reps and preparation...

He worked almost exclusively at LT during the preseason, so the switch to RT will be smoother with the practice reps...

hawaiiansteel
10-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Report: Marcus Gilbert Starts Monday Off With Right Foot In A Boot

Monday, October 15th, 2012 by Dave Bryan

The Pittsburgh Steelers had a long list of injured players following their 26-23 loss Thursday night to the Tennessee Titans and Mike Prisuta of DVE Radio reports Monday morning via Twitter that right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who did not finish the game Thursday night, hobbled out of team facility Monday morning with some sort of boot/device on his right foot.

When Gilbert left the game against the Titans he was replaced my rookie Mike Adams. Should Gilbert not be ready to go come Sunday night when the Steelers play the Cincinnati Bengals, Adams figures to start in his place and rookie Kelvin Beachum would be active.

The Steelers suffered another big injury early in the game Thursday night as center Maurkice Pouncey left after the first offensive play with what was termed a MCL injury. So far the word has been positive in regard to that and the early speculation is that Pouncey should be ready to play against the Bengals.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin is scheduled to meet the media on Tuesday and that is when he is expected to address the health of the team heading into week 7.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/report_marcus_gilbert_starts_monday_off_with_right _foot_in_a_boot/11967547

Shoe
10-15-2012, 03:41 PM
Instead of having to fill that position with Adams, can we:
a) install a revolving door there instead
b) play with four linemen, and have our trainer standing by (on the field) for Ben, who will need his immediate and frequent attention

Jooser
10-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Why don't we just forfeit the game and save everyone around here the dismay of watching?

hawaiiansteel
10-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Why don't we just forfeit the game and save everyone around here the dismay of watching?

but what will we all have to b!tch about afterwards then? :Boobs

squidkid
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
at least ben will see all the pressure coming

Shawn
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
You guys will be begging for Gilbert back by the end of this game. I hope Ben gets the ball out of his hands quick.

pittpete
10-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Now we get to see Adams perfect that cut block:p

fordfixer
10-15-2012, 09:55 PM
What and miss the meltdown afterword:p

hawaiiansteel
10-16-2012, 01:41 AM
What and miss the meltdown afterword:p

exactly, you can't just deprive us of that...:p