PDA

View Full Version : How distasteful ... have to root for the Cryboys since they are playing the Ravons

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Go Cowboys!!

DukieBoy
10-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Honestly, I don't know if I can do that. The thought certainly raises a ton of cognitive dissonance.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2012, 03:14 PM
Honestly, I don't know if I can do that. The thought certainly raises a ton of cognitive dissonance.

Hmm, is that what T'amuu had last night, a ton of cognitive dissonance? Sounds like a good name for a drink!

Maybe he just couldn't get past the rooting for the Cowboys thing either. He should have called you for life coaching tips, DukieBoy (assuming you're not in the klink at this time also!). :-):Cheers

DukieBoy
10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Hmm, is that what T'amuu had last night, a ton of cognitive dissonance? Sounds like a good name for a drink!

Maybe he just couldn't get past the rooting for the Cowboys thing either. He should have called you for life coaching tips, DukieBoy (assuming you're not in the klink at this time also!). :-):Cheers

I think his issue was more along the lines of alcohol-enhanced cognitive distortions. No, not in the klink, though I might get a better selection of Sunday games on the TV if I were wearing an orange county uniform.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I think his issue was more along the lines of alcohol-enhanced cognitive distortions. No, not in the klink, though I might get a better selection of Sunday games on the TV if I were wearing an orange county uniform.

That, plus all the song-writing that often comes out of guest-of-the-County experiences (just ask Johnny Cash, or Steve Earle!). Like:

"They made me wear Orange, but I wanted Black and Gold;
So I cursed the judge, and his heart hard and cold .."

Tell it!

fordfixer
10-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Or at least picked up by the Bengals :p

DukieBoy
10-14-2012, 05:54 PM
That, plus all the song-writing that often comes out of guest-of-the-County experiences (just ask Johnny Cash, or Steve Earle!). Like:

"They made me wear Orange, but I wanted Black and Gold;
So I cursed the judge, and his heart hard and cold .."

Tell it!

Or this:

WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

CHORUS:
AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
NO, A’ YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME
WELL I WONDER WHY YOU DON’T CALL ME
WHY DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME BY MY NAME

Made famous by David Allen Coe who spent much time to think in those confines, but written by the great Steve Goodman.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Or this:

WELL, I WAS DRUNK THE DAY MY MOM GOT OUT OF PRISON
AND I WENT TO PICK HER UP IN THE RAIN
BUT BEFORE I COULD GET TO THE STATION IN MY PICKUP TRUCK
SHE GOT RUN NED OVER BY A DAMNED OLD TRAIN

CHORUS:
AND I’LL HANG AROUND AS LONG AS YOU WILL LET ME
AND I NEVER MINDED STANDING’ IN THE RAIN
NO, A’ YOU DON’T HAVE TO CALL ME DARLIN’, DARLIN’
YOU NEVER EVEN CALL ME
WELL I WONDER WHY YOU DON’T CALL ME
WHY DON’T YOU EVER CALL ME BY MY NAME

Made famous by David Allen Coe who spent much time to think in those confines, but written by the great Steve Goodman.

When it comes to figuring out what's been going wrong with the Steelers lately,

"Lately I've been thinking too much lately"!

(I think he, and his band, are GREAT!).

DukieBoy
10-14-2012, 06:52 PM
When it comes to figuring out what's been going wrong with the Steelers lately,

"Lately I've been thinking too much lately"!

(I think he, and his band, are GREAT!).

A song appropriate for these times:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HulJhHWTBTo

And, no lie, Paul Thorn http://paulthorn.com/

once fought Roberto Duran. You can see it on Youtube also.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Agreed, appropriate song for these troubling times. AND ... an Elvin Bishop sighting!!

I was wondering if that was you and your band, DukieBoy!

DukieBoy
10-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Agreed, appropriate song for these troubling times. AND ... an Elvin Bishop sighting!!

I was wondering if that was you and your band, DukieBoy!

YES !!! An Elvin Bishop cover. :Bow:Bow:Bow Impressive !!!

No, not me and the band. We do some Paul Thorn covers, though. Check out Mission Temple Fireworks Stand. We are in need of divine intervention, I believe, so that song is again appropriate.