PDA

View Full Version : Corners

devils
10-13-2012, 11:33 AM
These corners are a joke taylor play is sad, next year in the draft in the first 4 rounds i want 3 corners drafted and 1 safety. I cut taylor or just release him and eat the contract. I tell the 3 corners i draft the best 2 of you after the preseason are the starters, i mean can they be any worse than these jokers britt looked like megatron if he would have not dropped everything. any thoughts??

Slapstick
10-13-2012, 12:11 PM
These corners are a joke taylor play is sad, next year in the draft in the first 4 rounds i want 3 corners drafted and 1 safety. I cut taylor or just release him and eat the contract. I tell the 3 corners i draft the best 2 of you after the preseason are the starters, i mean can they be any worse than these jokers britt looked like megatron if he would have not dropped everything. any thoughts??

You're right! Hasselbeck tore them up for 350 yards and 3 TDs...

Uh...wait a minute...

Keyplay1
10-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Absolutely! CB's are a most critical position. I do not give up on Ike however, he plays until he can't walk for me, but I can see how drafting another crop could help.

However, that does nothing for this season which is just starting. Are there any options to improve things now. Anything on the Practice Squad? Are none of the other CB's on the roster not even good enough to at least spell #23?

Going to be very hard to win these close type games that come down to the wire without an improvement back there.

Slapstick
10-13-2012, 12:18 PM
A CB wasn't assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route...

steelz09
10-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Ike has been terrible

However, I want Allen and Lewis to play more man coverage. I don't want a cushion either. Line these bigger CBs up right in front of the WRs. If they get beat, so be it.

Having these bigger guys give up a 10-15 yard cushion is stupid IMO. That is essentially eliminating their best attribute. Size.

hawaiiansteel
10-13-2012, 02:22 PM
A CB wasn't assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route...

was that really James Harrison assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route, shouldn't Harrison be rushing the QB instead?

skyhawk
10-14-2012, 12:41 AM
He's not a corner, but he could be Troy's replacement. All world player out of Texas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLY4PTo83I

hawaiiansteel
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
He's not a corner, but he could be Troy's replacement. All world player out of Texas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLY4PTo83I

Round 1) Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Round 2) Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas

stopplayn
10-14-2012, 01:57 AM
Ike nor Harrison was guarding anyone man to man. Lebeau plays ZONE 99% of the time. We play zone even on goal line. Ike covers who is in his zone. Harrsion covered who was in his zone. So what you guys are complaining about is the SCHEME. Ike would excell in Philly or Oakland because they play man. Ikes two main flaws are his temper and finding the ball in the air. SUX

stopplayn
10-14-2012, 02:02 AM
was that really James Harrison assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route, shouldn't Harrison be rushing the QB instead?

What you have described is a smart offensive scheme. Its a numbers game and a smart OC will spread the Steelers out to get them out of their base 3-4 defense. They make Lebeau get out of base and go Nickel. If there is a wr in the slot (spread), then Harrsions duties change from rushing to pass defense.

Now lets say Harrison disregarded his duties and rushed instead of playing the slot. What happens? The Qb hits the slot all day as Harrison rushes. If Harrison doesnt rush and honors the slot then it gives the quarterback more time to pass. Again, smart offensive scheme. This scheme was exposed under Cowher/Lebeau when Gannon was the qb at Oakland. They passed like 40 straight times on us (Porter was in Harrisons spot)

hawaiiansteel
10-14-2012, 02:15 AM
What you have described is a smart offensive scheme. Its a numbers game and a smart OC will spread the Steelers out to get them out of their base 3-4 defense. They make Lebeau get out of base and go Nickel. If there is a wr in the slot (spread), then Harrsions duties change from rushing to pass defense.

Now lets say Harrison disregarded his duties and rushed instead of playing the slot. What happens? The Qb hits the slot all day as Harrison rushes. If Harrison doesnt rush and honors the slot then it gives the quarterback more time to pass. Again, smart offensive scheme. This scheme was exposed under Cowher/Lebeau when Gannon was the qb at Oakland. They passed like 40 straight times on us (Porter was in Harrisons spot)

it is a smart offensive scheme because LeBeau has become predictable in how he responds to certain offensive formations. obviously, there has to be a better way to defend that particular play because no way should Harrison be expected to cover that TE running across the field.

stopplayn
10-14-2012, 02:47 AM
He wasnt covering him. In the zone, the principle is if a man crosses your face, run with him. Thats what harrison was doing. Lebeau dosent adjust to game situations. He sticks to the same blueprint and I agree it is predictable.