PDA

View Full Version : Sike Taylor

feltdizz
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM
our best DB shouldn't be picked on this much. He is becoming a liability and keeps extending drives.

Flasteel
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Ike Taylor is having one of the worst stretches at CB that I have seen in a looong time. He flat-out sucks right now and should be benched in favor of Cortez.

Steelhere10
10-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Ike can't cover because his first instincts is to hold.

Steelhere10
10-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I'm sorry , but Ike is the most overrated player in Steelers history...

Dee Dub
10-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes, Ike Taylor is seriously hurting this football team. Problem is if we draft a stud CB in the next draft our team wont let him see the field for at least a year.

virgilbosetti
10-12-2012, 07:14 AM
Can't believe more aren't on this topic. As bad as this team looks he looks worse. Things are bad when your #1 CB gets picked on all night.....and the best he can do is hang on to a jersey like he's on a sinking ship.

Sword
10-12-2012, 07:56 AM
I agree! CB continue to hurt us for the last several years still....

Oviedo
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Ike can't cover because his first instincts is to hold.

I have no freakin idea why Taylor thinks he can use his hands the way he is the past few games. Anyone of us as Steelers fans would have no choice but to call a penalty on him its so freakin blatant.

Oviedo
10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes, Ike Taylor is seriously hurting this football team. Problem is if we draft a stud CB in the next draft our team wont let him see the field for at least a year.

That might not be the case if we get rid of another problem on the defense...the Coordinator!

Sword
10-12-2012, 08:09 AM
If the guy has to hold to cover then he needs to be benched.....

SidSmythe
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
IKE SUCKS and I was Disappointed when TOMLIN gave him an enthusiastic hand slap/shake when he came on the field after Ryan Clark got hurt. Just after the play IKE made the tackle out of bounds (as he lost his helmet). TOMLIN should have been slapping his ass b/c IKE SUCKS!

Dee Dub
10-12-2012, 12:14 PM
IKE SUCKS and I was Disappointed when TOMLIN gave him an enthusiastic hand slap/shake when he came on the field after Ryan Clark got hurt. Just after the play IKE made the tackle out of bounds (as he lost his helmet). TOMLIN should have been slapping his ass b/c IKE SUCKS!

Yeah I didnt understand that high five slapping of the hands there. What message is Tomlin giving to Ike there? He had just gotten torched and had been playing horrible all night and he gives a celebratory high five? I dont see Bill Cowher doing that. There would have been some spit flying had it been Cowher.

feltdizz
10-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Ike could be flagged on every pass play...

Mister Pittsburgh
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Revamp the D and go young next year....If our D is going to suck it my as well suck with young guys that can get better, and are much cheaper, than with old dudes that are done and injured and cost a fortune. Take the money from Harrison, Troy, Casey, Foote, Ike and sign some free agent OL.

flippy
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Ike T....Geezer U.....

BradshawsHairdresser
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Let Cortez Allen take Ike's place for awhile...

phillyesq
10-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Let Cortez Allen take Ike's place for awhile...

The Steelers have done that with Ike before. Cowher did it at one point and Tomlin might have as well.

SidSmythe
10-12-2012, 12:56 PM
The Steelers have done that with Ike before. Cowher did it at one point and Tomlin might have as well.

This is true....I remember that. Woke IKE up. IKE played great the past 2 season up until Demarius Thomas abused him in Denver last year.....now he just plain sucks. I mean SUCKS!!!

He sucks so bad that Keenan Lewis was avoided much of the night b/c Ike was the easier target.
Try him at SS or the Bench.

pittpete
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Ike needs to be sat down at this point before the season is really lost.
He is a penalty machine.
He's making Dwayne Woodruff look like a HOFer as of late.
Start Allen and see what he's got and let Ike clear his friggin head of the demons obviously still plaguing him from last years debacle vs. the Broncos.

Dee Dub
10-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Ike T....Geezer U.....

and "Swaggin'" is now "Saggin'"

BradshawsHairdresser
10-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Has Ike lost a step? Looks like he's running slower this year...but maybe it's just me.

virgilbosetti
10-12-2012, 09:43 PM
He looked like he lost everything. Including his mind. Hate when fans hang a loss on one guy, but if he plays medicore.....decent...average - they may have won.

DukieBoy
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Has Ike lost a step? Looks like he's running slower this year...but maybe it's just me.

Too slow to keep up with the receiver now, so he has to clutch and grab and hold to try to be effective. Time to get the young ones some valuable experience. Imagine the effect on your confidence when you don't play ahead of a guy who can't defend anymore.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-12-2012, 10:13 PM
I don't get it, how isn't he on the bench???

The Yankees manager benched his $250 MILLION DOLLAR shortstop (A-Rod) for the FINAL GAME of the Division Championship because he was sucking. And our coaches can't bench Ike? Are there different mindsets in football? Is it some sort of tradition??

DukieBoy
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
I don't get it, how isn't he on the bench???

The Yankees manager benched his $250 MILLION DOLLAR shortstop (A-Rod) for the FINAL GAME of the Division Championship because he was sucking. And our coaches can't bench Ike? Are there different mindsets in football? Is it some sort of tradition??

Right on. It's on the coaches now for sure.

Shawn
10-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Ike is not overrated. He was one of the best coverage DBs in the NFL at one time. The problem? He has lost a step. He is playing poorly. He might be done.

NorthCoast
10-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Some of these comments are pathetic. Ike is the best corner the Steelers have on the field. Players have games where they struggle, even have slumps. But that doesn't mean Ike is overrated. He still covers the other teams best WR with little to no help more than half the time. I think the loss of Troy has everything to do with Ike's play. He may be trying too hard because he knows he has no help from the safeties, whereas in the past Troy could cover a lot of ground to help out. I actually like the contesting of routes that Ike plays. The idea that you can't touch a guy isn't football.

Let me ask who you would put in his place to cover a Demaryius Thomas or AJ Green?

If you want to blame someone in the secondary, blame Mundy. How this guy has managed to hide on the Steelers roster for so many years is simply amazing. He is just not very good. With Troy being out more frequently it has become very obvious Mundy is not a guy the Steelers can count on to step up. He was responsible for the blocked punt and the long completion down the middle at the end of the game.

DukieBoy
10-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Ike is apparently on pace to set his career high for penalties by week 7. The rules make DB play look less like NFL football and more like defending a college basketball pointguard. Maybe Ike needs to practice differently, not use his hands in practice, build different habits.

But he also looks slower than he was, and that is a concern, probably contributes to how he is using his hands.

Shawn
10-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Some of these comments are pathetic. Ike is the best corner the Steelers have on the field. Players have games where they struggle, even have slumps. But that doesn't mean Ike is overrated. He still covers the other teams best WR with little to no help more than half the time. I think the loss of Troy has everything to do with Ike's play. He may be trying too hard because he knows he has no help from the safeties, whereas in the past Troy could cover a lot of ground to help out. I actually like the contesting of routes that Ike plays. The idea that you can't touch a guy isn't football.

Let me ask who you would put in his place to cover a Demaryius Thomas or AJ Green?

If you want to blame someone in the secondary, blame Mundy. How this guy has managed to hide on the Steelers roster for so many years is simply amazing. He is just not very good. With Troy being out more frequently it has become very obvious Mundy is not a guy the Steelers can count on to step up. He was responsible for the blocked punt and the long completion down the middle at the end of the game.

If he is still the best, he certainly isn't playing like it.