PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board...

Dee Dub
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
The throw that Ben made to Mendenhall that resulted in a touchdown how is that considerable a lateral/run play? It wasnt a backwards pass. Why wasnt that considered a TD pass? I have watched that play over and over and over. Ben releases the ball at about the 21 1/2 yard line and Mendenhall catches the ball at the 21 yard line( just a tad ahead of Ben). What am I missing here?

feltdizz
10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Where was the official LOS?

Ghost
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
You can see the play at the 1:00 mark. It's so close but I can see where they'd call it a lateral. When I saw the play live I thought for sure it was a forward pass but watching it again; it's not so clear cut.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers

fezziwig
10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
I had to listen to the game via the radio and they said the NFL stats people will correct that call and put it down as a TD pass.

hawaiiansteel
10-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I had to listen to the game via the radio and they said the NFL stats people will correct that call and put it down as a TD pass.

I would have a difficult time focusing on the game sitting next to Mrs. Fezziwig....:D

Djfan
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I would have a difficult time focusing on the game sitting next to Mrs. Fezziwig....:D

Hawaiian you jerk! I'm in a meeting now trying to look like a professional and you go and post that!! Now I am being looked at for laughing!!:D

NJ-STEELER
10-08-2012, 06:05 PM
at worst, the ball comes straight down the line. which i belive is still a foward pass (doesnt it have to go backward to actually be a lateral)

Sugar
10-08-2012, 07:35 PM
The good news is that both Ben and Mendy were happy to get the TD and weren't worrying about their fantasy points.

fezziwig
10-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Hawaiian you jerk! I'm in a meeting now trying to look like a professional and you go and post that!! Now I am being looked at for laughing!!:D

Would you please describe this meeting that your attending and you get to read over the Steeler site during that time ? Really, how in the hell can you do that and my next question, are they hiring ?

fordfixer
10-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Would you please describe this meeting that your attending and you get to read over the Steeler site during that time ? Really, how in the hell can you do that and my next question, are they hiring ?
My next question is. Are you and the Mrs. happy and if not would you give her my address:D

Chadman
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
My next question is. Are you and the Mrs. happy and if not would you give her my address:D

While we asking questions- see if she'd like to visit Australia... ;)

fezziwig
10-08-2012, 08:54 PM
If you want a larger picture send me your email address and I'll send you the picture. Zoom lense does her well.

fordfixer
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
While we asking questions- see if she'd like to visit Australia... ;)
She will be too tired to travel:moon;)

Djfan
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
I am a public school educator. Stay at your 7-11 job. More personally fulfilling. I promise.

FF, you live a dangerous life.

fordfixer
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
I am a public school educator. Stay at your 7-11 job. More personally fulfilling. I promise.

FF, you live a dangerous life.
I'm too boring to be dangerous

stopplayn
10-08-2012, 11:30 PM
The throw that Ben made to Mendenhall that resulted in a touchdown how is that considerable a lateral/run play? It wasnt a backwards pass. Why wasnt that considered a TD pass? I have watched that play over and over and over. Ben releases the ball at about the 21 1/2 yard line and Mendenhall catches the ball at the 21 yard line( just a tad ahead of Ben). What am I missing here?

Ben was rewarded with a TD a couple weeks ago when he threw a perfect pass to AB and he fumbled into the endzone. Ben was credited with a TD pass. It should have been a fumble recovered for a TD for brown. This pass was CLEARLY behind the LOS of scrimmage and obvious why it wasnt a TD. What are you guys watching?

Keyplay1
10-09-2012, 05:56 AM
stopplayn said: "Ben was rewarded with a TD a couple weeks ago when he threw a perfect pass to AB and he fumbled into the endzone. Ben was credited with a TD pass. It should have been a fumble recovered for a TD for brown. This pass was CLEARLY behind the LOS of scrimmage and obvious why it wasnt a TD. What are you guys watching?"

????Ben was credited with a TD pass.----

Are you sure about that? Where did you see that?

I think I recall reading or hearing about how these games are reviewed by some oufit called the Elias Sports Bureau or something like that.

Anyhow for official records purposes yardage gained by runners and other stats are carefully reviewed and made official by the league.

If Ben was credited with a TD on the pass to AB then it must have been ruled [as I was very sure when I watched the play] that AB broke the plain of the goal line with the ball in his possession. Everything that happened after, the fumble, the recovery etc was irrelevant.

stopplayn said: "This pass was CLEARLY behind the LOS of scrimmage and obvious why it wasnt a TD. What are you guys watching?

????The LoS has nothing to do with determining if a pass is a lateral or not. If it goes backwards it's a lateral period. That did not look like it went backwards. But, if they rule it as one officially, then Mendy ran it in for a TD. Otherwise it becomes a TD pass.

ikestops85
10-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Watching replays it looked to me like Ben threw the pass directly across the field which I think is considered a lateral. A 'forward pass' has to go forward (hence the name) so I think that is why it counts as a running play.

SteelCrazy
10-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Mendenhall’s touchdown changed to TD Reception

Posted by Teresa Varley on October 10, 2012 – 3:02 pm

Rashard Mendenhall’s 13-yard touchdown run against the Philadelphia Eagles has been changed to a touchdown reception. As a result, Ben Roethlisberger finished 22-for-38 for 220 yards and one touchdown. Mendenhall rushed for 68 yards on 13 carries.

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/10/10/mendenhalls-touchdown-changed/

Dee Dub
10-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Mendenhall’s touchdown changed to TD Reception

Posted by Teresa Varley on October 10, 2012 – 3:02 pm

Rashard Mendenhall’s 13-yard touchdown run against the Philadelphia Eagles has been changed to a touchdown reception. As a result, Ben Roethlisberger finished 22-for-38 for 220 yards and one touchdown. Mendenhall rushed for 68 yards on 13 carries.

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/10/10/mendenhalls-touchdown-changed/

Yep!!! I knew it. I should get credit for making this happen. :tt2

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/10/10/nfl-fantasy-football-roethlisberger-gets-stat-corrected/?module=HP11_hot_topics

Dee Dub
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Ben now has 9 TD's 1 int and his QB rating is now at 102.0

hawaiiansteel
10-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Yep!!! I knew it. I should get credit for making this happen. :tt2

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/10/10/nfl-fantasy-football-roethlisberger-gets-stat-corrected/?module=HP11_hot_topics

I'm sure it was all you...:Bow:-D

Dee Dub
10-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm sure it was all you...:Bow:-D

hawaiian, you don't think the NFL doesn't monitor this board? After all it has to be one of the biggest sources for complaints against Goodell. :wink:

hawaiiansteel
10-11-2012, 01:41 AM
hawaiian, you don't think the NFL doesn't monitor this board? After all it has to be one of the biggest sources for complaints against Goodell. :wink:

we should all be more careful in that case, I would hate to get James Harrison suspended and fined for things we say on this board...:)

Keyplay1
10-11-2012, 05:57 AM
6 hours ago - The Elias Sports Bureau issued a stat change on Wednesday, awarding a 13-yard touchdown pass to Ben Roethlisberger on what had been a touchdown run ...

As expected when this was called to their attention by Dee Dub.

Djfan
10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I would rather have Dee Dub, FF, Asian, even Qbait as commish anyway.

Slapstick
10-11-2012, 08:47 AM

I thought that Qbait is the commish already...:confused:

hawaiiansteel
10-11-2012, 03:51 PM

I'm sure Dee Dub, FF and Asian are feeling extremely flattered right now...:D