PDA

View Full Version : 2 Minute Drill Question

flippy
10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Why is it that every 2 minute drill type situation, the only guy that seems to know the clock is running is Big Ben?

Why isn't everyone hustling to get up to the LOS after a play with the clock running? Why does Ben have to encourage everyone to hurry up? Aren't they pros too? SHouldn't they be aware of the game situation?

And it's not just Ben, it's every QB on every team.

Steelhere10
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Maybe because the Qbs are the ones with the radio in the helmet, therefore the first to know no huddle...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Why is it that every 2 minute drill type situation, the only guy that seems to know the clock is running is Big Ben?

Why isn't everyone hustling to get up to the LOS after a play with the clock running? Why does Ben have to encourage everyone to hurry up? Aren't they pros too? SHouldn't they be aware of the game situation?

And it's not just Ben, it's every QB on every team.

If I see Sanders (or is it Brown?) run 20 yards downfield and do that F*N "1st Dahnnn!!" arm motion again ("Woo-hoo, look at me, I caught the ball, I'm BAD!!!"), I swear I am going to go through my Winky-Dink TV screen and strangle him. He did that yesterday during the hurry-up at the end of the game, and I thought if he causes us a time out, burning at the steak would not be too much over the top.

Signed,

The level headed one on this forum

flippy
10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
I thought Brown was dogging it at the end of the half with time running out until I saw the replay and the Philly defender rip off his shoe and quickly throw it over to the sideline. What was up with that? and no penalty? That seems unsportsman-like to me.

hawaiiansteel
10-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Signed,

The level headed one on this forum

sorry, Pappy already has staked claim to that title.

the rest of us are just plain nuts...

flippy
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
sorry, Pappy already has staked claim to that title.

the rest of us are just plain nuts...

I got dibs on CDeez Nuts.

Eich
10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Ben is good at hurrying-up but he has an aversion to calling a timeout. It seems that regarless of the situation, he wants to spike the ball and waste a down rather than take a timeout. I'd rather have an extra down to try to score than go into the locker room without using all my timeouts.