PDA

View Full Version : Should Haley Start Looking at the NE Offense?

flippy
10-08-2012, 08:21 AM
I watched the Pats / Den 4pm game. That was my first Pats game this year. And boy did the Pats offense intrigue me.

If a play worked, Brady was at the line snapping the ball almost immediately and running the same play again. The tempo was faster than most team's 2 minute drill. He was really catching Denver off guard.

The play that looked brilliant was when they got the ball to the 1 yard line, flew up to the LOS, snapped, and scored on a running play before any Denver defender was even set and ready for the play.

Would this super tempo help us in some situations? Or are we so concerned about holding the ball to keep our D off the field that we could never even try something like this?

Eddie Spaghetti
10-08-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm happy with haleys offense so far.

ben will never play like brady and I'm fine with that.

Steelhere10
10-08-2012, 09:49 AM
I personally love the offense, other than the first half in Denver.

Oviedo
10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm happy with haleys offense so far.

ben will never play like brady and I'm fine with that.

I agree and without Brady, NE's offense would not look so good. If he ever goes down they a dead. They don't have the talent they did when Cassel had to step in.

I think Haley is exactly what the Steelers needed to get a fresh perspective on the offense. I also think that Haley's offense is tailor made for Mendehall and he will have a great season as long as he can stay healthy. Heath Miller will also continue to bloom in that offense and we could see some great things from Saunders when he comes back.

SidSmythe
10-08-2012, 10:01 AM
BRADY is winning b/c he knows when to call a Running Play (except 1 time yesterday where he fumbled b/c he tried sneaking a pass in)

We saw a trend (or a fad) over the past few years that this is a passing league. That might be true but teams that think they are going to win throwing the ball 40-50 times a game are fooling themselves.

Ray Lewis dropped 30 lbs. and he's getting blown up in the run game now.