PDA

View Full Version : Buccoray's post game "BUZZ"

buccoray61
10-07-2012, 05:02 PM
1-Mendenhall is > than any back on the Steelers (http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/6-The-Steelers-Forum) roster. I've been down on him at times,but you can see why he was a first rounder,and Redman was undrafted...talent,not saying Redman has no value. He runs hard and is tough in short yardage situations,but Mendy,less then a year from a serious injury,and with no pre-season showed why he is the man.
2-Larry Timmons has been a dissapointment,but today he showed the physical skills that if he could but it all together,would be something special.
3-Willie colon sucks. What else can you say?
4-Vick is over rated,McCoy is under rated.
5-While I'm not a Big Mundy fan,that helmet to helmet call was B.S. he led with his shoulder,what else could he do? I hate to see this league in 5 years.
6-Troy hurt again,while it might not be too serious,I feel the end is near for one of the all-time Steeler greats.
7-Suisham was clutch
8-Good win.live to fight another day!!!

hawaiiansteel
10-07-2012, 05:37 PM
1-Mendenhall is > than any back on the Steelers (http://www.pghsportsforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/6-The-Steelers-Forum) roster. I've been down on him at times,but you can see why he was a first rounder,and Redman was undrafted...talent,not saying Redman has no value. He runs hard and is tough in short yardage situations,but Mendy,less then a year from a serious injury,and with no pre-season showed why he is the man.

I'm still amazed at how many posters wrote off Mendy and thought Redman and Dwyer would be better RBs...

buccoray61
10-07-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm still amazed at how many posters wrote off Mendy and thought Redman and Dwyer would be better RBs...

Yeah,Dwyer was inactive today. Does that mean Barron Batch has moved ahead of him on the depth chart?

NJ-STEELER
10-07-2012, 06:03 PM
probaly for 3rd down duties

buccoray61
10-07-2012, 06:13 PM
probaly for 3rd down duties

Although I thought that was Redman's role. I heard something on the WDVE pre-game show about Dwyer being inactice because of fumbling,but I was doing something else,so I'm not quite sure what I heard.

hawaiiansteel
10-07-2012, 06:16 PM
I think the plan from here on in is to give all of the carries to Mendy and Redman, Dwyer will probably stay inactive unless one of those two gets injured.

Oviedo
10-07-2012, 08:57 PM
2-Larry Timmons has been a dissapointment,but today he showed the physical skills that if he could but it all together,would be something special.
3-Willie colon sucks. What else can you say?
4-Vick is over rated,McCoy is under rated.
5-While I'm not a Big Mundy fan,that helmet to helmet call was B.S. he led with his shoulder,what else could he do? I hate to see this league in 5 years.
6-Troy hurt again,while it might not be too serious,I feel the end is near for one of the all-time Steeler greats.
7-Suisham was clutch
8-Good win.live to fight another day!!!

I would take McCoy over any RB in the NFL

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-07-2012, 10:38 PM

I wrote off Mendy because with an ACL I did not think that he had a chance to return to contribute and he is in the last year of his contract.

hawaiiansteel
10-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Larry Timmons has been a dissapointment,but today he showed the physical skills that if he could but it all together,would be something special.

Timmons is Digest Player of Week

by Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/2012-Game-Day/10_7_vs_Philadelphia/Timmons04_vs_Eagles_10072012.jpg

Leading up to the game against the Philadelphia Eagles, two of the tasks facing the Steelers defense were to control RB LeSean McCoy and get pressure on QB Michael Vick without allowing him to break contain.

Lawrence Timmons had a hand in both of those things.

The Steelers limited McCoy to 53 yards on 16 carries (3.3 average), sacked Vick three times, hit him eight times and recovered two of his fumbles along the way to a 16-14 win at Heinz Field.

Timmons led the Steelers with nine tackles, including two for loss, he hit Vick twice and forced a fumble, and it was his penetration on a first half play that helped Ziggy Hood get his sack. Timmons is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were Rashard Mendenhall, who managed to look like he was in midseason form even though this was his first game action of any kind since New Year’s Day in Cleveland. Mendenhall finished with 81 yards rushing (5.8 average) that included a 13-yard touchdown to go along with two catches for 20 more yards; Ben Roethlisberger, whose 72.7 passer rating on the day was skewed by too many drops by his receivers; Larry Foote, who had eight tackles and recovered two fumbles, including one in the end zone for a touchback; and Jason Worilds, who had a sack, two tackles for loss, and two hits on Vick.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Timmons-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/fc04d317-7122-42e4-b778-d6ffea13a6b3

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Yeah,Dwyer was inactive today. Does that mean Barron Batch has moved ahead of him on the depth chart?

I wouldn't say that, he just fills different roles. I would think that if one of Mendy or Redman were to go down, Dwyer would be activated and move into the backup role.

Another nice thing was the way that Redman ran as the backup today - better than he has looked all year, that is his role.