PDA

View Full Version : Finally, A Stat where the Steelers Lead the League...almost

NorthCoast
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Ranked 2nd in the league in penalties per game at 9.3 (Dallas 10.3).

Seriously though, I haven't seen this lack of discipline on a Steelers team in quite a while. And this is something that is completely on the coaching staff.

The bright side? ... the Steelers are only 17th in penalty yards per penalty (8.6 yds) meaning they aren't getting the killer PIs that result in huge gains.

steelz09
10-01-2012, 10:41 PM

Seriously though, I haven't seen this lack of discipline on a Steelers team in quite a while. And this is something that is completely on the coaching staff.

The bright side? ... the Steelers are only 17th in penalty yards per penalty (8.6 yds) meaning they aren't getting the killer PIs that result in huge gains.

Depends on how you look at it...

We were the BEST at having the WORST rushing attack but Oakland (yup, oakland) officially took the 32nd spot. We are now 31st.

jj28west
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I pride myself not to get too emotional and have a sky is falling attitude after every game but it was a rare sick and empty feeling when it was 4th and 1 deep in Steeler territory.

I was spoiled in the past by thinking the Steelers could punt and play the game of field position because eventually the D would hold or even push back the field position in the Steelers favor.

With the gaping running lanes and minimal pressure besides Wood I could only hope we get James and Troy back healthy ASAP.

Slapstick
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Many of those penalties were undeserved and completely on the scab officials..

papillon
10-02-2012, 12:39 AM

You have to be near the receiver to get a PI call, just sayin.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
10-02-2012, 02:46 AM

that's only because we no longer have Kemo on the team...

http://mollyyanity.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/chris_kemoeatu-01.jpg

flippy
10-02-2012, 06:29 AM
If we had less penalties, could we have won against Denver and Oakland?

Oakland yes. There was a punt return called back and a 4th down for Oakland that gave them a 1st down and then a score. That's a 14 pt swing.

I can't remember a penalty that would have made a difference in the Denver game. Anyone?

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-02-2012, 09:07 AM
You have to be near the receiver to get a PI call, just sayin.

Pappy

Pappy, you are obviously forgetting the PI on Ike in the Jets game. :D

phillyesq
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Pappy, you are obviously forgetting the PI on Ike in the Jets game.

Beat me to it!