PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Patriots game last year?

steelblood
09-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Our D gameplanned for them (after being embarrassed the year before). We stunted Woodley to get him free coming up the middle, we pressed their receivers and used Cortez Allen to shadow Gronk. We played some zone, some bump and run. That was great.

I'm no pro defensive coordinator, but I figure pressuring the QB and switching up our coverages once in a while could be helpful in stopping offenses. Anyone else?

Oviedo
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Our D gameplanned for them (after being embarrassed the year before). We stunted Woodley to get him free coming up the middle, we pressed their receivers and used Cortez Allen to shadow Gronk. We played some zone, some bump and run. That was great.

I'm no pro defensive coordinator, but I figure pressuring the QB and switching up our coverages once in a while could be helpful in stopping offenses. Anyone else?

I think that is called being aggressive and unpredictable. I have heard that many successful teams do it on a routine basis. We use to but now we just don't want to give up the big scoring play so we have the "scared" scheme which just makes giving up the scoring play take a little longer as we get picked apart.