PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers will not pay Wallace but...

Steelhere10
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Combined he have out performed Casey, Kiesel, Timmons , Troy, James , Ziggy and Mundy all together.

focosteeler
09-24-2012, 11:57 AM
yeah none of them have any touchdown catches. we need to teach them to run better routes so they can get more open.

Steelhere10
09-24-2012, 12:05 PM
For the money those players are making, what have either done this season?

Oviedo
09-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Combined he have out performed Casey, Kiesel, Timmons , Troy, James , Ziggy and Mundy all together.

I have no doubt that the Steelers would pay Wallace equal to what anyone of those players contracts are. Wallace's problem is that he wants more money than any player in Steelers history not named Ben R.

squidkid
09-24-2012, 02:51 PM
wallass doesnt want to be a steeler

lloydroid
09-24-2012, 03:18 PM
yeah none of them have any touchdown catches. we need to teach them to run better routes so they can get more open.

:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap

Captain Lemming
09-24-2012, 03:40 PM

Great season START for Wallace as is typical. This time last year we saw similar maybe better. Latter.....not so much.

Wallace's SPECIALTY is TD catches right.

Come playoff time both Harrison AND Troy have the same number of TD "catches" as Wallace, a guy who has this as job ONE.

fezziwig
09-24-2012, 10:31 PM
If this is the path the team or league has taken with the offense putting up tons of points while defenses can only pray for the clock to end with their team having the lead then............I say give Wallace the money.

SteelCrazy
09-24-2012, 10:56 PM
We have bigger problems then Wallaces contract haggling. We need a make over on D and a consistant, reliable run game. Im sick, really sick about it

DukieBoy
09-24-2012, 11:22 PM

Funny stuff here, FS. I have a vision of Casey as a wideout ... he's got the wide part covered, but ...

Oviedo
09-25-2012, 08:09 AM
We have bigger problems then Wallaces contract haggling. We need a make over on D and a consistant, reliable run game. Im sick, really sick about it

Yes to this!!!

Wallace was offered a very fair contract. he obviously wants more but as we have seen we have many issues to fix not just paying him.

Watching the Raiders game made me feel worse than just about any recent loss we have had and the Denver play-off game was pretty bad.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Funny stuff here, FS. I have a vision of Casey as a wideout ... he's got the wide part covered, but ...

Casey is so big, the announcer would say......"Pass attempt to Casey Hampton incomplete.....He was covered on the play by Casey Hampton."

aggiebones
09-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Without Ben making plays outside the pocket, how valuable is he?
If he goes somewhere with cash...say Cleveland...what would he accomplish?
I'm not saying he isn't talented. And he is worth cash, but we have alot of players worth cash. The ones believing they will break the Steelers bank will be gone. He will NOT get good money from a good team. And he does not play a position that can drag up a mediocre team, so he'll be out of the playoffs or a first round loser the rest of his career. And his last contract will be less since he will be exposed as just a good player and not a franchise type player.
He's better off getting 2 really good deals from the Steelers to end his career, but it is unlikely that he will figure this out.