PDA

View Full Version : Mendehall Comes Back In Week 5...

Slapstick
09-24-2012, 09:10 AM
...so, which RB takes his place on the inactive list?

Based on the first three games, my guess is Dwyer...

Dwyer played fairly well in Game 1, averaging almost 5 YpC...but, has fallen off tremendously since then, including the horrible fumble yesterday...

Redman has hardly lit up the field, but has improved since week 1...

Batch has also improved since week 1 and seems to perform well without the ball in pass pro...

Rainey is staying in...

Thoughts?

Oviedo
09-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Dwyers fumble yesterday was because Ramon Foster let someone run right past him and then stood there like an idiot watching Mendy get hit almost as soon as he got the football.

Maybe with Mendy we will be able to score 40 points because we may have to give our defense that much of a cushion.

feltdizz
09-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Dwyers fumble yesterday was because Ramon Foster let someone run right past him and then stood there like an idiot watching Mendy get hit almost as soon as he got the football.

Maybe with Mendy we will be able to score 40 points because we may have to give our defense that much of a cushion.

shades of GB? lol...

Mendy is blamed for the SB fumble so I guess it's Dwyers fault... I don't agree but man, I don't think Mendy will have much success behind this OL. They stink.

flippy
09-24-2012, 09:49 AM
shades of GB? lol...

Mendy is blamed for the SB fumble so I guess it's Dwyers fault... I don't agree but man, I don't think Mendy will have much success behind this OL. They stink.

Mendy will run out of the spread and be used in the passing game. Haley isn't gonna make Mendy run behind 3 TEs with 11 defenders in the box.

feltdizz
09-24-2012, 09:52 AM
Mendy is coming off an injury... he isn't going to come back and run circles around defenders IMO. I hope he does but I doubt it...

phillyesq
09-24-2012, 10:02 AM
shades of GB? lol...

The offensive line actually did a great job of keeping Ben clean until Gilbert got hurt and was replaced by Beachum. He was a complete and unmitigated disaster.

I don't expect Mendenhall to be great, but I think the running game almost has to improve when he is back. Ideally, when he's healthy, I think you want Mendenhall with 15-20 carries per game and Redman with 5-10.

feltdizz
09-24-2012, 10:39 AM
..and like I said earlier... Gilbert rarely finishes a game. He's always "dinged up" just enough to plug in a scrub to ruin the continuity on the OL.

Funny thing is I saw Gilbert and thought, wow, he is going to finish a game and Ben has been pretty clean all day. 2 plays later... Beachum.

Slapstick
09-24-2012, 11:29 AM

Dwyer's fumble yesterday was because he was lacksidasical with ball security...he was barely hit and lost the ball...

phillyesq
09-24-2012, 11:34 AM
..and like I said earlier... Gilbert rarely finishes a game. He's always "dinged up" just enough to plug in a scrub to ruin the continuity on the OL.

Funny thing is I saw Gilbert and thought, wow, he is going to finish a game and Ben has been pretty clean all day. 2 plays later... Beachum.

I really think that was a huge factor at the end of the game. When Gilbert came back out, the Raiders attacked Beachum.

BradshawsHairdresser
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Dwyer's fumble yesterday was because he was lacksidasical with ball security...he was barely hit and lost the ball...

$$$$
Foster was bad on the play, but Dwyer should have held onto the ball.

Slapstick
09-24-2012, 11:57 AM
I would imagine that the Steelers offense will stress ball security during the bye week practices...

Fumbling 4 times and losing 2? That's not acceptable at all...

The Steelers' offense put up a lot of points yesterday...but two turnovers (out of 4 fumbles) can't happen, period...

SDSteel1
09-24-2012, 12:20 PM

I would disagree with this, he had both hands on the ball, he was hit pretty quickly after receiving the handoff, sometimes fumbles just happen. I hate turnovers, but I don't think this was a case of being lacksidaical.

NorthCoast
09-24-2012, 12:40 PM
It was pretty clear early on that the Raiders were going for a strip on nearly every play. It only takes one to turn a game and the Steelers defense has been remarkably inept at takeaways going back to last season.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Re: "Mendy coming back in Week 5" - IMO, it doesn't matter one bit whether he comes back or not ... not that our offense won't be better, but if we can' win games with yesterday's offensive production, the offense isn't the problem.

Starting with the Fitz run up the middle in the SB ... seems to me that our defense is completely unreliable. Great stats, yes. Beat Tebow in a play off game? ... not exactly.

NorthCoast
09-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Re: "Mendy coming back in Week 5" - IMO, it doesn't matter one bit whether he comes back or not ... not that our offense won't be better, but if we can' win games with yesterday's offensive production, the offense isn't the problem.

Starting with the Fitz run up the middle in the SB ... seems to me that our defense is completely unreliable. Great stats, yes. Beat Tebow in a play off game? ... not exactly.

Agree with you SASF. Some people continue to believe the next guy up at RB will be the savior. First Dwyer (how'd that work out for ya), now Mendenhall. I don't see a huge difference from what is on the field already. Maybe RM has potential to take it to the house on any given play, but I seem to have heard that last season as well. Look it up, Mendenhall made most of his big yards on the Steelers half of the field. He as noticeably inefficient on the opponents half.

Slapstick
09-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Mendenhall has scored 23 rushing TDs over the last two seasons...16 of those have been runs in the red zone...