PDA

View Full Version : Ben would have won offensive player of the week

toddjammin
09-23-2012, 08:28 PM
had the defense not lost that game for us. 36 of 49 for 384 yards 4 TD's 0 int. So far this season, Ben has 8 TD's and only 1 Int. Not too shabby

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Can he still win? He deserves it. If only for staying alive, much less throwing 4 TDs, when being defended by a guy called Kelvin Beachum. WHOOOO????

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 08:43 PM
had the defense not lost that game for us. 36 of 49 for 384 yards 4 TD's 0 int. So far this season, Ben has 8 TD's and only 1 Int. Not too shabby
The offense didnt score from the 1:11 mark of the 3rd quarter. Shut out in the 4th. Carson scored in the 4th and Ben didnt. Blame the D? Pffffffft

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
The offense didnt score from the 1:11 mark of the 3rd quarter. Shut out in the 4th. Carson scored in the 4th and Ben didnt. Blame the D? Pffffffft

You better believe it. When the Raiders, who are 0-2, score 34 points on you, it's pathetic. I read, did NOT confirm, that the Steelers D only had 1 3rd down stop in the 2nd half. If true, that's pathetic regardless who you are playing. this is the same defense only played 1 series in the 3rd quarter of the Broncos game and gave up 7 points in about a minute. We're they too tired from sitting on the bench?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-23-2012, 08:51 PM
You better believe it. When the Raiders, who are 0-2, score 34 points on you, it's pathetic. I read, did NOT confirm, that the Steelers D only had 1 3rd down stop in the 2nd half. If true, that's pathetic regardless who you are playing. this is the same defense only played 1 series in the 3rd quarter of the Broncos game and gave up 7 points in about a minute. We're they too tired from sitting on the bench?

Word. What Steelgal sez.

Oviedo
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM

Ok, we all get your anti-Ben agenda but to not blame the defense for this loss is just stupid. We score 31 points and our defense lets an 0-2 team march up and down the field at will. Guess the offense is suppose to score 50 to cover for the defense now.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 08:57 PM

What does a record mean in the NFL? It means nothing hence the term "Any Given Sunday". The defense is the BEST PART of our team. Take Ben off the Steelers and we stil win (Batch, Dixon,Leftwich).

Take Polamalu/Harrison off and we lose. Oh by the way all of the Pro Bowlers and All Pros are on the DEFENSE (Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, Hampton)

Jooser
09-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Word. What Steelgal sez.

Word indeed. Keep telling it like it is!

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Ok, we all get your anti-Ben agenda but to not blame the defense for this loss is just stupid. We score 31 points and our defense lets an 0-2 team march up and down the field at will. Guess the offense is suppose to score 50 to cover for the defense now.

Anti Ben? I'm merely telling the truth. What did the Steeler Nation say when Brady put his team up in the 4th but lost to Plax and Eli? They called him a loser and disregarded what he did in the game. Ben was scoreless in the 4th, this is a fact. Should I pat him on the back for 3 quarters work? Lets look at the last 10 years and see who has shown up more the offense or the D.

You really want to go there?

DBR96A
09-23-2012, 09:00 PM
The offense didn't score in the fourth quarter because Antonio Brown lost a fumble in Raiders territory. But let's blame Roethlisberger for that. :wft

Jooser
09-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Ben, Wallace and Brown are pro bowlers too. pffffft.

Sugar
09-23-2012, 09:01 PM
The defense is the BEST PART of our team.

Not anymore.

DBR96A
09-23-2012, 09:04 PM
Just put the dumb mother****er on "ignore" like I just did, and deprive him of the audience that he desires but doesn't deserve.

chiken
09-23-2012, 09:05 PM
That had to be one of the most embarrassing Defensive performances I have ever seen in a long time. How in the heck can we not ANY defensive plays, We cant get ANY pressure, ANY PICKS any 3rd down stops when we need them.. I mean the High Powered Raiders Ran when they wanted and Passed when they wanted.. Even when we knew what they were going to do they still did it.. Embarrassing.

NJ-STEELER
09-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Just put the dumb mother****er on "ignore" like I just did, and deprive him of the audience that he desires but doesn't deserve.

im surprised he isnt banned yet.

i'll stop visiting as often as i do until he is though.

he's cut from the same mold as steelers43, teecee madison from the trib board

Jooser
09-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Gotta luv the drunkards who come on here with an agenda, all the while ignoring the most obvious things about the game they just watched.

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
What does a record mean in the NFL? It means nothing hence the term "Any Given Sunday". The defense is the BEST PART of our team. Take Ben off the Steelers and we stil win (Batch, Dixon,Leftwich).

Take Polamalu/Harrison off and we lose. Oh by the way all of the Pro Bowlers and All Pros are on the DEFENSE (Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley, Hampton)

Are you really that delusional? Brown and Wallace are two of the best receivers they've had in years. Miller could and has been a top TE this season, once Arians and his predictable play-calling was gone. Ben is an elite QB, according to most NFL commentators. We have WAY too much money wrapped up in average defensive players, including Timmons and Woodley. Yes, Woodley can be great, but he also has disappeared in way too many games. Hampton hasn't been all-pro in years. timmons has never lived up to his current contract. In recent years, they have hit on more offensive players, than they have defensive. The defense has been GREAT in years past, I agree. But those same players are aging and slowing down. They're not what they used to be and therefore neither is our defense. Our future is with the younger playmakers they have on offense. They just need to defense NOT to lose games and get off on 3rd downs.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
The offense didn't score in the fourth quarter because Antonio Brown lost a fumble in Raiders territory. But let's blame Roethlisberger for that. :wft

You do realize a quarter is FIFTEEN MINUTES RIGHT?

Oviedo
09-23-2012, 09:09 PM

How can we do that?

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
Ben, Wallace and Brown are pro bowlers too. pffffft.

Ben has been a pro bowler TWICE in 9 years. Once due to bradys injury. And last year because Schaub and Manning were hurt. Ben had TWENTY FOUR turnovers last season. Pro Bowl worthy?

IF YOU SAY SO

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 09:10 PM
How can we do that?

Just figured it out. click on his name, then profile. On the left-hand side there is an ignore feature.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM

Your a dumb bleeeeeeeeeeeep

stopplayn
im surprised he isnt banned yet.

i'll stop visiting as often as i do until he is though.

he's cut from the same mold as steelers43, teecee madison from the trib board
Banned for what?

Jooser
Just figured it out. click on his name, then profile. On the left-hand side there is an ignore feature.

Got it, cool. Thanks. Bye bye punk.

NJ-STEELER
09-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Your a dumb bleeeeeeeeeeeep

just quoting that so the mods can take care of it

bye

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Are you really that delusional? Brown and Wallace are two of the best receivers they've had in years. Miller could and has been a top TE this season, once Arians and his predictable play-calling was gone. Ben is an elite QB, according to most NFL commentators. We have WAY too much money wrapped up in average defensive players, including Timmons and Woodley. Yes, Woodley can be great, but he also has disappeared in way too many games. Hampton hasn't been all-pro in years. timmons has never lived up to his current contract. In recent years, they have hit on more offensive players, than they have defensive. The defense has been GREAT in years past, I agree. But those same players are aging and slowing down. They're not what they used to be and therefore neither is our defense. Our future is with the younger playmakers they have on offense. They just need to defense NOT to lose games and get off on 3rd downs.

Arians is doing fine in the redzone without Ben and with a rookie. Ben doesnt disappear? Its ok for Ben to right? I agree Woodley can disappear but is Woodley paid as much as Ben? Ben has ONE Season with 30 TD passes. Thats NOT DOING YOUR JOB. The best part of our team is the DEFENSE. Ben has looked good vs SUBPAR Defenses. How often does he look good vs a good defense? Shall we check Bens stats since 06 vs a good defense? Dont make me

DukieBoy
09-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Word indeed. Keep telling it like it is!

I'm in with that, Too. Good word, SG !!!

Jooser
AH, much quieter now. It's tough enough to deal with losing to the Raiders without all that jibberish.

stopplayn
just quoting that so the mods can take care of it

bye

That was a quote from him and not me. Its funny. We can critique ANY Steeler. But when it comes to Ben

BAN HIM
HE HAS TO GOT
GET HIM OUT OF HERE

DukieBoy
09-23-2012, 09:16 PM
[QUOTE=stopplayn;524774]Your a dumb bleeeeeeeeeeee

Not good.

DukieBoy
09-23-2012, 09:19 PM
​good idea.

NJ-STEELER
09-23-2012, 09:22 PM
That was a quote from him and not me. Its funny. We can critique ANY Steeler. But when it comes to Ben

BAN HIM
HE HAS TO GOT
GET HIM OUT OF HERE

yeah

you're critiquing a player who played better then anyone on the field today by saying he stunk for the last 8 years.

thats critiquing??

no, thats trolling. and thats exactly what you are

c'ya

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:23 PM
No, I'm not putting him on ignore. For what? Thats the equivalent to tapping out in a fight or telling the coach to take you out because an opponent is annoying you. Sorry not in a mans DNA. Thats Raven Brown behavior. Not athe Steeler way

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:25 PM
yeah

you're critiquing a player who played better then anyone on the field today by saying he stunk for the last 8 years.

thats critiquing??

no, thats trolling. and thats exactly what you are

c'ya

Ben played WELL for 3 quarters. He didnt score in the 4th. I have never said Ben stinks. I said Ben is good but not elite. How does that equate to "stinks"

Palmer won the game because he outplayed Ben late. Fact

NJ-STEELER
09-23-2012, 09:28 PM
how many drives did he have in the 4th QR? troll. was it 2?
1 ending in a fumble and another 3rd and 9 that wasnt converted the defense let this raider team walk down the field and kill time.

did you see the time of possession at the half. 22 minutes to 8 we had the advantage and (hint hint0 it wasnt cause of the run game

DukieBoy
09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Got two newbees to put on Ignore Feature now. Their negativity is affecting the generally positive culture of the board. So, bye boys.

Flasteel
09-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Ben played WELL for 3 quarters. He didnt score in the 4th. I have never said Ben stinks. I said Ben is good but not elite. How does that equate to "stinks"

Palmer won the game because he outplayed Ben late. Fact

Dude...your best bet is to quit at 113 posts and re-group under a different sign-in name. The retarded nature of your posts today will be difficult to overcome.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:31 PM
What does that mean? Manning had one when he played us and he SCORED a TD. What does that mean? We had the advantage so if Ben puts up 40 do we lose? Not likely.

I'll say it again the most consistent part of our team is the Defense. Teams FEAR our Defense in the NFL. They sure dont fear our offense. The run game is missing THE STARTER lol

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Got two newbees to put on Ignore Feature now. Their negativity is affecting the generally positive culture of the board. So, bye boys.

yep, it's hard enough after a tough loss regardless. Add an annoying troll who does nothing but pick fights and it goes from really bad to unbearable.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I pick fights? Uh.. I think I'm being called "troll" even by you. I'm being called bleep bleeep.

I understand but the facts remain that we lost because Ben was scoreless in the 4th. Dont get mad at me get mad at Ben. He did it. Perspective.

DukieBoy
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
yep, it's hard enough after a tough loss regardless. Add an annoying troll who does nothing but pick fights and it goes from really bad to unbearable.

Right on, Gal. Missed chat tonight, had to watch at the bar.

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Right on, Gal. Missed chat tonight, had to watch at the bar.

Was wondering where you were..... But he was in chat as well, so it wasn't nearly as enjoyable. There is no ignore in chat room. trust me, I looked.

papillon
09-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Blaming Ben for this loss, because the offense didn't score in the 4th quarter is like blaming the spoon for being overweight.

Pappy

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 09:46 PM
carson Palmer scored 14 points in the 4th. If he scores zero like Ben WE WIN.
So games are won after 3 quarters now? Ok

Steelgal
09-23-2012, 09:47 PM
Blaming Ben for this loss, because the offense didn't score in the 4th quarter is like blaming the spoon for being overweight.

Pappy

Ah, the ultimate voice of reason!! Tell it like it is Pappy :)

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Correction. Carson scored 17 in the 4th

NJ-STEELER
09-24-2012, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a bitter pats fan, to be honest

eniparadoxgma
09-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Dude...your best bet is to quit at 113 posts and re-group under a different sign-in name. The retarded nature of your posts today will be difficult to overcome.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/38586-Been-telling-you-all-for-years

Blam!

stopplayn
09-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is a stand up guy. You guys are all excuse makers. Ben agrees with me. Better put him on ignore lol

"The last third down, they brought the hot," Roethlisberger said.

"Heath [Miller] was the hot guy. We might have gotten 2 yards. I just missed Mike. I have to make that play."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisberger-plays-good-game-statistically-teammates-fail-to-measure-up-654637/#ixzz27ODMapdQ

feltdizz
09-24-2012, 09:40 AM
shut up, please.

Thx.

Oviedo
09-24-2012, 09:46 AM

That was about 13 posts too many. Actually he had a few decent comments early on until he couldn't keep the lid on his anti-Ben agenda and then just started making himself sound like a moron.

Pretty much just skip over anything he posts now.