PDA

View Full Version : Caaaaaaaaaam!!!!

Dee Dub
09-21-2012, 02:54 PM
63.9% (middle of the pack), completion percentage, 2 TD's and 5 INT's, and a QB rating of 78.3. (19 games played in his career and 22 picks thrown)

Just sayin....:rolleyes:

Sure he'll have the every other game where he straight blows it up...maybe 4 TD passes?.. 300 plus yards passing?..and he'll make unbelievable plays all over the place. But then there will always be games like he had Thursday night. And that is why I don't ever see him being an elite QB/winner of any championships in the NFL.

Slapstick
09-21-2012, 03:13 PM
I don't blame Cam for all of the loss...

I mean, very few people had any idea who the hell Ramses Barden and Andre Brown are prior to that game...

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I like Cam as a player, but I'm not a big fan of him pulling out the Superman chest celebration thingy after a TD dive that cut their deficit from 23-0 to 23-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

NJ-STEELER
09-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Ugly game last nite

of course, I guess we won't see the steelers fans coming on here last year wishing he was our qb instead of ben

lloydroid
09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
That game sucked. But I was just glad I benched Cam on my fantasy team; thank God I picked up RGIII late in the draft. Cam might come around this season, but right now, he is not very good, at all. A lot isn't his fault, as he has been getting hammered from a weak O line. He is playing in "hair on fire" mode and that is never good. If I hadn't drafted RGIII my fantasy team would be in trouble. RG will have to put up more points than Cam did last night.

phillyesq
09-21-2012, 04:07 PM
I like Cam as a player, but I'm not a big fan of him pulling out the Superman chest celebration thingy after a TD dive that cut their deficit from 23-0 to 23-7 late in the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, that irritated me too. Have some awareness of the situation. It makes him look completely self centered to celebrate like that when his team is still getting blown out.

There are also reports that Steve Smith called him out on the sideline for sulking. He has natural physical gifts, but isn't a guy that I'd want to root for.

D Rock
09-21-2012, 04:39 PM
That game sucked. But I was just glad I benched Cam on my fantasy team; thank God I picked up RGIII late in the draft. Cam might come around this season, but right now, he is not very good, at all. A lot isn't his fault, as he has been getting hammered from a weak O line. He is playing in "hair on fire" mode and that is never good. If I hadn't drafted RGIII my fantasy team would be in trouble. RG will have to put up more points than Cam did last night.

Ohhhh, so you play fantasy football. That explains everything.

Dee Dub
09-21-2012, 04:46 PM
And his number 1 go-to wide receiver isn't too happy with him either...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8407553/carolina-panthers-wide-steve-smith-unhappy-quarterback-cam-newton

steelz09
09-21-2012, 05:09 PM

Seriously.... I was thinking the same thing.

When he's having a bad game he'll have a towel draped over his head trying to hide himself from the camera and everyone else.... If he's having a good game.... he's running around on the sidelines like a child..

NJ-STEELER
09-21-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah, that irritated me too. Have some awareness of the situation. It makes him look completely self centered to celebrate like that when his team is still getting blown out.

There are also reports that Steve Smith called him out on the sideline for sulking. He has natural physical gifts, but isn't a guy that I'd want to root for.

he sulked in his post game press conference

steelz09
09-21-2012, 05:13 PM

I agree 100%..... How can you celebrated like that when you've played an embarrassing game. CAM is self centered. He was the exact same way in Auburn. I'm also glad that Smith called him out for that. This is the second time this season he's been "sulking". Like I just posted, he sits by himself on the sidelines "sulking" with a towel over his head when he's playing bad. When he's playing good, he's running around like a little child on the sidelines... and literally looking for the camera spotlight.

8467thekraken
09-21-2012, 05:17 PM
The dude is only 23 years old. Yes, he has some growing up to do, but so does everyone. Shoot, our QB needed one more life lesson at 28 yrs. of age.

I think it will click for Newton. Many people put too much pressure on these kids too early. Especially at the QB position.

Smith did what should have been done by any of those veterans in the Carolina locker room. It's up to Newton to hear and understand the lesson. Sometimes lessons need to be taught more than once.

williar
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Where was his defense!? O-line sucked! No Running game!!

steelz09
09-21-2012, 06:07 PM
The dude is only 23 years old. Yes, he has some growing up to do, but so does everyone. Shoot, our QB needed one more life lesson at 28 yrs. of age.

I think it will click for Newton. Many people put too much pressure on these kids too early. Especially at the QB position.

Smith did what should have been done by any of those veterans in the Carolina locker room. It's up to Newton to hear and understand the lesson. Sometimes lessons need to be taught more than once.

Too much pressure on these kids? Are you kidding me? At 23, he should be an adult. Cam brings the spotlight on himself which brings more pressure. He always had.. even at Auburn.

If the pressure is too much, Cam has the opportunity to leave the NFL and join the "regular" workforce if he chooses. For some reason, I think Cam will choose the NFL and enjoy the fruits of being rich and having fame.

This isn't a knock on just Cam either. To your point, our Big Ben has had his faults and they aren't excusable either.

SS Laser
09-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Yep at 23 every dude here with millions and super fame would have been a good little boy. :) Plenty of people are not grown up at 30. Some are in there late teens. Different folks different strokes. Give him a break. Had a bad game and was a baby about it. He will learn I think.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Different folks different strokes.

Byron Leftwich agrees. Watchu talkin bout, Cam Newton?

http://www.sportaphile.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/leftwich-colemany.jpg

steelz09
09-21-2012, 07:52 PM
Yep at 23 every dude here with millions and super fame would have been a good little boy. :) Plenty of people are not grown up at 30. Some are in there late teens. Different folks different strokes. Give him a break. Had a bad game and was a baby about it. He will learn I think.

He's always a baby .. when he's having a bad game. I live in S. Carolina so we obviously see a lot of Cam. This wasn't a one time thing. The guy is a good athlete and he proved me wrong last year with the way he played as a rookie. With that being said, he's always been a little cry baby when he's not at the top of his game. Man up Cam.

Speaking of that, I saw a sign last night that said "Superman Cam". They should have changed it to "Man Up! Cam"

Shoe
09-21-2012, 08:24 PM
he sulked in his post game press conference

Because he is a child, mentally. That is what will define whether he will become anything more than a highlight-film guy. He is mentally VERY immature (not just a little bit). Guys like this look GREAT when things are rolling... but once adversity hits, they have no maturity (e.g. Jay Cutler) to overcome it.

He is very self-centered to boot.

Captain Lemming
09-22-2012, 12:08 AM
He's always a baby .. when he's having a bad game. I live in S. Carolina so we obviously see a lot of Cam. This wasn't a one time thing. The guy is a good athlete and he proved me wrong last year with the way he played as a rookie. With that being said, he's always been a little cry baby when he's not at the top of his game. Man up Cam.

Speaking of that, I saw a sign last night that said "Superman Cam". They should have changed it to "Man Up! Cam"

Oh NOW we get it.

Yeah you saw a whole lotta Cam. You saw him score more than Wilt Chamberlain back in the day.

Just HOW MANY TDs did he account on your hometown team in only TWO GAMES. Something like ELEVEN?
I think the only "sulking" you saw watching Cam torch your team was that of your fans. :)

The best SC team in recent memory had its dream season destroyed by Cam.

No Cam and you guys take the SEC....easy.

Truth is you saw Cam gloat "like a little kid" way more than you should have because HE DOMINATED your team in an embarrassing way.

See I am kinda biased too.... my roots are about a half hour from Auburn U.

The fact that you keep bringing up the kid in college shows me the pain of those loses colors your opinion.

Let me just open that wound with the video below :D :

http://vimeo.com/29628909

Yup, "he's running around like a little child on the sidelines... and literally looking for the camera spotlight."

Put in THIS CONTEXT it is no wonder it burns you up. :)

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Has Cam Newton lost Charlotte?

By Chris Chase, USA TODAY
Sep 26, 2012

The second-year Carolina Panthers quarterback was the subject of a scathing editorial cartoon in Wednesday's edition of The Charlotte Observer. He's depicted performing his patented Superman touchdown celebration only to reveal a Hello Kitty logo on his chest.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/09/26/render-x-wide-community.jpg

Cam Newton ripped in 'Charlotte Observer' cartoon

The cartoon appears six days after the Panthers' 36-7 loss to the New York Giants. Newton was roundly criticized for emphatically celebrating a touchdown with his team down 23-0 in the third quarter against the defending Super Bowl champions. Later in the game, veteran wide receiver Steve Smith reportedly had "unchoice words" for Newton after the quarterback sulked on the bench following his third interception.

Newton's behavior in the postgame press conference was similarly sulky.

On Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Newton was seeing a "mind coach" to help him deal with the pressure of being an NFL quarterback. Newton denied the report.

The 2011 No. 1 overall draft pick, Newton shattered a number of NFL rookie quarterback records last season, including those for most passing and rushing yards. But his record as a starter is a middling 7-12 and this, evidently, is a cause for the Observer to jump ship on the Panthers quarterback three games into his second season.

Chill out, Charlotte. Cam is under contract for two more seasons after this one. There will be plenty of time to make fun of him if he continues to lose (which I don't think he will).

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/26/cam-newton-charlotte-observer-cartoon/70001182/1#.UGNN782aLO8

Dee Dub
09-26-2012, 05:26 PM

Sep 26, 2012

The second-year Carolina Panthers quarterback was the subject of a scathing editorial cartoon in Wednesday's edition of The Charlotte Observer. He's depicted performing his patented Superman touchdown celebration only to reveal a Hello Kitty logo on his chest.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2012/09/26/render-x-wide-community.jpg

The cartoon appears six days after the Panthers' 36-7 loss to the New York Giants. Newton was roundly criticized for emphatically celebrating a touchdown with his team down 23-0 in the third quarter against the defending Super Bowl champions. Later in the game, veteran wide receiver Steve Smith reportedly had "unchoice words" for Newton after the quarterback sulked on the bench following his third interception.

On Sunday, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Newton was seeing a "mind coach" to help him deal with the pressure of being an NFL quarterback. Newton denied the report.

The 2011 No. 1 overall draft pick, Newton shattered a number of NFL rookie quarterback records last season, including those for most passing and rushing yards. But his record as a starter is a middling 7-12 and this, evidently, is a cause for the Observer to jump ship on the Panthers quarterback three games into his second season.

Chill out, Charlotte. Cam is under contract for two more seasons after this one. There will be plenty of time to make fun of him if he continues to lose (which I don't think he will).

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/26/cam-newton-charlotte-observer-cartoon/70001182/1#.UGNN782aLO8

Yep! I predicted this all last year. I said teams would adjust to him after they had more film on him. And I predicted he would struggle when faced with adversity. I said we will see the true Cam Newton. And sure enough he has arrived. Man I got ripped from this forum. Oh well. Aint no thang but a chicken wang!

lloydroid
09-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Ohhhh, so you play fantasy football. That explains everything.

Wow, what a dick thing to say. And guess what? How many other people play FF in here? How many guys in the media play it? How many players play it? As a matter of fact, most "cool" people play it, so that makes you....? This is yet another example of you trying to start crap when I was just posting an innocent, non-combative thought. Eh, some people are just dickish. What are you gonna do?

ikestops85
09-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Wow, what a dick thing to say. And guess what? How many other people play FF in here? How many guys in the media play it? How many players play it? As a matter of fact, most "cool" people play it, so that makes you....? This is yet another example of you trying to start crap when I was just posting an innocent, non-combative thought. Eh, some people are just dickish. What are you gonna do?

I play. Can I be one of the "cool people"? :lol:

feltdizz
09-26-2012, 05:57 PM
19 Games into his career and people are patting themselves on the back? LOL...

I'm sure most #1 draft picks at QB had it all figured out 3 games into their second season.

Where was this bragadocious post after the New Orleans win? I live in Charlotte and I think Cam will struggle this year but its because the interior OL is horrible...

He has some growing up to do but plenty of Giant fans were bashing Eli for his sideline faces early on. The Panthers suck... and their GM was a freaking sports writer before he got this gig. The problem with the Panthers runs deep. They are resigning bad players to save face and gave some guy named Charles Johnson 70 million dollars. They have 6 RB's on the roster and 3 WR's.... and they moved up to draft Armani Edwards, made him a WR/KR..... he can't catch, can't return and they still gave him a roster spot when its obvious he doesn't fit into their plans.

Just sayin'

Dee Dub
09-26-2012, 06:56 PM
19 Games into his career and people are patting themselves on the back? LOL...

I'm sure most #1 draft picks at QB had it all figured out 3 games into their second season.

Where was this bragadocious post after the New Orleans win? I live in Charlotte and I think Cam will struggle this year but its because the interior OL is horrible...

He has some growing up to do but plenty of Giant fans were bashing Eli for his sideline faces early on. The Panthers suck... and their GM was a freaking sports writer before he got this gig. The problem with the Panthers runs deep. They are resigning bad players to save face and gave some guy named Charles Johnson 70 million dollars. They have 6 RB's on the roster and 3 WR's.... and they moved up to draft Armani Edwards, made him a WR/KR..... he can't catch, can't return and they still gave him a roster spot when its obvious he doesn't fit into their plans.

Just sayin'

That goes both ways. Remember last year in half a season there were fans patting themselves and Newton all over. Some even went as far as saying they would prefer him over Ben.

No comparison as far as what is between the ears of Cam Newton and a young Eli Manning. Not even close.

And I will say it again, Newton is a freak talent-wise, and will have the every other game where he blows it out the water but he also always going to have those games like he had last Thursday night. And I believe they will show up several times a year. And is what will prevent him from ever being an elite QB who actually wins a championship.

D Rock
09-26-2012, 07:34 PM

:cool:

See that smiley? That's me. Being cool.

feltdizz
09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
That goes both ways. Remember last year in half a season there were fans patting themselves and Newton all over. Some even went as far as saying they would prefer him over Ben.

No comparison as far as what is between the ears of Cam Newton and a young Eli Manning. Not even close.

And I will say it again, Newton is a freak talent-wise, and will have the every other game where he blows it out the water but he also always going to have those games like he had last Thursday night. And I believe they will show up several times a year. And is what will prevent him from ever being an elite QB who actually wins a championship.

I'm not talking about what Eli has between his ears... he is a Manning. I'm talking about the expressions and the reactions by the fans in his second year. Gruden was on Mike and Mike and made a great point... a lot of young QB's struggle with Thursday Night games because the turn around is so short. Putting up a stinker this early in his career isn't a gotcha moment IMO and he is on a sub par team. Having a few bad games doesn't mean he won't have a great future. Will he win a SB? Probably not... but I doubt Rivers, Ryan, Luck and a few others will win one as well.

Eli has put together a few runs in the playoffs but he puts up a few stinkers every year. The only difference is he has a dominant DL who keeps him in games. The only reason I keep using Eli is because they just played each other and Panther fans are slobbering over Eli like he has always been a great QB. I've been an Eli fan since he was at Ole Miss but fans forget how bad he was bashed early on. Cam bashing is popular because he has a bunch of commercials but what did people really expect from a Panther team this year?

williar
09-26-2012, 08:27 PM

Ain't nothing wrong with Cam Newton! So, he had a bad game. Ben has them all the time! Ben can't seem to win a game with no defense or running game and he's been in the league for 9 years and called by some, an elite QB. SO! Why do you expect Cam to be able to accomplish this in his second year?

Dee Dub
09-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm not talking about what Eli has between his ears... he is a Manning. I'm talking about the expressions and the reactions by the fans in his second year. Gruden was on Mike and Mike and made a great point... a lot of young QB's struggle with Thursday Night games because the turn around is so short. Putting up a stinker this early in his career isn't a gotcha moment IMO and he is on a sub par team. Having a few bad games doesn't mean he won't have a great future. Will he win a SB? Probably not... but I doubt Rivers, Ryan, Luck and a few others will win one as well.

Eli has put together a few runs in the playoffs but he puts up a few stinkers every year. The only difference is he has a dominant DL who keeps him in games. The only reason I keep using Eli is because they just played each other and Panther fans are slobbering over Eli like he has always been a great QB. I've been an Eli fan since he was at Ole Miss but fans forget how bad he was bashed early on. Cam bashing is popular because he has a bunch of commercials but what did people really expect from a Panther team this year?

Regardless of the team around them. you can tell RGIII and Andrew Luck are far superior QB's than Cam Newton. It's pretty obvious to me. Andrew Luck's team is not that good at all but you tell that kid is far better and will have a more successful career as an NFL QB. Same with RGIII.

Dee Dub
09-26-2012, 08:29 PM

Regardless of the team around them. you can tell RGIII and Andrew Luck are far superior QB's than Cam Newton. It's pretty obvious to me. Andrew Luck's team is not that good at all but you tell that kid is far better and will have a more successful career as an NFL QB. Same with RGIII.

Dee Dub
09-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with Cam Newton! So, he had a bad game. Ben has them all the time! Ben can't seem to win a game with no defense or running game and he's been in the league for 9 years and called by some, an elite QB. SO! Why do you expect Cam to be able to accomplish this in his second year?

Hilarious!! And here he is. The one who last year said he would take Cam Newton over Ben. You can have him. Good luck with that.

williar
09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
At least Cam has proven he can outscore another QB every now and then!

williar
09-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Hilarious!! And here he is. The one who last year said he would take Cam Newton over Ben. You can have him. Good luck with that.

Thanks sir! And good luck on how many games Ben will win with now defense to hold teams to 13 points. Unfortunately, we don't play raiders defense every week!

D Rock
09-26-2012, 08:38 PM
At least Cam has proven he can outscore another QB every now and then!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Aj1t2KTqxFptLpxG5rrm5CUisLYF?gid=200 91220023

Steelers 37 - Packers 36

Ben: 29 of 46 (63%), 503 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 121.9 passer rating
Aaron Rodgers: 26 of 48 (54.2%), 383 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 101.3 passer rating

On a night where arguably the best QB in the NFL was incredibly good, Ben was better.

lloydroid
09-26-2012, 08:41 PM

I guess you are, but be careful: You playing FF "explains everything."

williar
09-26-2012, 09:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=Aj1t2KTqxFptLpxG5rrm5CUisLYF?gid=200 91220023

Steelers 37 - Packers 36

Ben: 29 of 46 (63%), 503 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 121.9 passer rating
Aaron Rodgers: 26 of 48 (54.2%), 383 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 101.3 passer rating

On a night where arguably the best QB in the NFL was incredibly good, Ben was better.

That was 15 years ago! But thanks anyways!

D Rock
09-26-2012, 09:06 PM
That was 15 years ago! But thanks anyways!

Or less than 3 years. I guess it depends what type of calendar you typically use.

hawaiiansteel
09-26-2012, 09:13 PM

I prefer playing "Total Fantasy Football"...

http://www.thewivesoffantasyfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/draft-cheepleaders.gif

williar
09-26-2012, 09:44 PM
Or less than 3 years. I guess it depends what type of calendar you typically use.

Point being, It's been too damn long! Ya think!

D Rock
09-26-2012, 10:18 PM
Point being, It's been too damn long! Ya think!

No, I don't think it has.

That game was in 2009. There have only been 2 seasons between then and now.

2010: 12-4 in the regular season, made it to the Super Bowl.
2011: 12-4 again? Oh, ok. Beat Tom Brady 25-17? Yeah, I'll take that as filling your requirements of proving he can outscore another QB here and there.

williar
09-26-2012, 10:43 PM
No, I don't think it has.

That game was in 2009. There have only been 2 seasons between then and now.

2010: 12-4 in the regular season, made it to the Super Bowl.
2011: 12-4 again? Oh, ok. Beat Tom Brady 25-17? Yeah, I'll take that as filling your requirements of proving he can outscore another QB here and there.

As you can see, the days of our "shut down" defense have ended. We're not going to be winning too many 13-7 games like we did in 2010-11. In 2013 our elite QB is going to have win some games without the luxury of having a great defense. Defenses like the ones he's benefited from for most of his career. The defenses that have carried him to two super bowls! Let's see how many games Ben wins when he has to play "shoot out" ball. As you have kindly noted so far, he's won one in two years.... That's not very "elite."

NJ-STEELER
09-27-2012, 12:27 AM

Sep 26, 2012

wow, that didnt take long

NJ-STEELER
09-27-2012, 12:31 AM

happens a lot.

over the years, i remember some idiots on these internet boards saying the same about vince young too

eniparadoxgma
09-27-2012, 03:39 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

D Rock
09-27-2012, 07:52 AM
As you can see, the days of our "shut down" defense have ended. We're not going to be winning too many 13-7 games like we did in 2010-11. In 2013 our elite QB is going to have win some games without the luxury of having a great defense. Defenses like the ones he's benefited from for most of his career. The defenses that have carried him to two super bowls! Let's see how many games Ben wins when he has to play "shoot out" ball. As you have kindly noted so far, he's won one in two years.... That's not very "elite."

Let me try to piece this one together...

1) The Steelers have been incredibly successful since 2004. 2 Super Bowls won, made it to another, went 15-1 one year, 12-4 several others, made the playoffs 6 of 8 years. That's a pretty darn good run, I think we can all agree on that.

2) Ben Roethlisberger has been the quarterback since 2004.

3) Like it or not, Ben is still Ben, and has been pretty much the same player his entire career.

4) The defense is not as good as it used to be.

5) It's Ben fault if we don't win.

ps - have you ever had one of those moments when you find out everyone has been lying to you your entire life about something? It hurts, man! This whole time, I though football was a team game.

D Rock
09-27-2012, 09:22 PM
it's so quiet in here today. Peaceful even.

stopplayn
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM

Ah the voice of reason. Cam Newton experienced the same thing as Ben didn last week. Cam played well for most of the game but when it came down to the 4th qtr he couldnt get it done. Meanwhile, the other qb did. Matt Ryan outplayed Cam in the 4th and won.

NJ-STEELER
09-30-2012, 06:39 PM
huh, cam was the reason why carolina was ahead

he (carolina) scored 7 points in the 4th quarter compared to the 6 points ryan led his falcons to

ryans defense forced a stop on 3rd and 2 that gave them the ball back with like a minute left.
cam's defense (like ben's last week) let the team down by allowing a 60 yard pass in that final drive while playing prevent defense. how a team allows that in that situation is beyond me

Shoe
09-30-2012, 07:12 PM
5) It's Ben fault if we don't win.

Well, he is right in a sense. Guys like Tom Brady*, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers have done a lot with less than what the current Steeler defense appears. If you want to put Ben in the elite category (as I have), he can't give us anything less than a playoff type team... at least a team with a winning record.

stopplayn
09-30-2012, 07:47 PM
huh, cam was the reason why carolina was ahead

he (carolina) scored 7 points in the 4th quarter compared to the 6 points ryan led his falcons to

ryans defense forced a stop on 3rd and 2 that gave them the ball back with like a minute left.
cam's defense (like ben's last week) let the team down by allowing a 60 yard pass in that final drive while playing prevent defense. how a team allows that in that situation is beyond me

I figured there would be some to disagree lol (they cant help it lol). Cam doesnt fumble its a 1st and the game is over. He fumbled and made the team have to punt. Sorry, he lost the game. Blame the D, The line, Arians, Cams foot, his shoulder. Fact still remains if Cam holds onto the ball, its a 1st down and they win. He fumbled and gave the ball back to Ryan and lost.

feltdizz
09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
If fans are going to blame a QB when the D melts in the last minute how can one argue the QB isn't responsible for every win?

feltdizz
09-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I figured there would be some to disagree lol (they cant help it lol). Cam doesnt fumble its a 1st and the game is over. He fumbled and made the team have to punt. Sorry, he lost the game. Blame the D, The line, Arians, Cams foot, his shoulder. Fact still remains if Cam holds onto the ball, its a 1st down and they win. He fumbled and gave the ball back to Ryan and lost.

The only people who think like this have an agenda towards certain QB's.

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Here's a 'suggestion' for Panther Cam Newton: Stop throwing people under the bus

If Cam Newton is wise, he'll take the following suggestion:

Shut your mouth and do your job. Popping off the way you did Sunday likely helped cost general manager Marty Hurney his job and, ultimately, that's not a good thing for Newton.

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/QWrXqAo0Xa7uQ_tbM7xnLA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/gettyimages.com/dallas-cowboys-v-carolina-panthers-20121021-140419-484.jpg

Cam Newton watches from the bench Sunday as the Panthers suffer another loss.

Whether Newton's statements following the Carolina Panthers' 19-14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys directly led to Hurney's dismissal Monday can only be answered by owner Jerry Richardson. However, it's hard not to draw the conclusion publicly that Newton's comments factored into Hurney's ouster.

While there's plenty of fair criticism that can be lobbed Hurney's way following Carolina's 1-5 start, it's still a stunning reaction in light that Hurney helped bring a franchise quarterback to a team that has never really had one just 18 months ago.

Theoretically, Hurney and second-year coach Ron Rivera should have been in the process of executing a plan to build around Newton for years to come. But when the quarterback starts ranting about opening a "suggestion box" and undercuts his coaching staff with complaints about the "script," it's obvious that the group is anything but in marching formation. Instead, Newton has intercepted the baton and started leading the band in his own direction.

That's not good, particularly when Newton has the emotional leadership ability of a fifth-grader.

Let's make one thing clear: Cam Newton is the most important person in the rebuilding of the Carolina Panthers. He is a stunning talent and a guy who has already proven at the college level that he can carry a team on his back (check how quickly Auburn has fallen since he left).

Still, Newton has much to learn at the NFL level and that starts with his attitude. On Sunday, as highlights of his latest post-loss media session were played, CBS analysts Dan Marino and Boomer Esiason (two guys who have forgotten more about quarterbacking in the NFL than Newton knows) kept chanting, "You have to keep it positive."

That's not a plea for Pollyanna. Rather, it's a push for moderation. In the face of frustration, Newton needs to persevere, not throw people under the bus. That's exactly what his comments did on Sunday and Richardson obliged by getting rid of Hurney.
To wit, Newton said Sunday: "The past couple of games have been the same script, by the same director," Newton said. "It's kind of getting boring."

He went on:

"This taste, this vibe I'm not buying it, man. And I don't know what it is, but something's going to have to change. Something's going to have to change real fast. We just find a way to keep the game close just to see what happens at the end," Newton said. "I'm getting tired of it, and that's not a formula to win. Domination is a formula to win."

And then Newton offered an idea.

"I'm going to bring in a suggestion box," Newton said. "And I want your suggestions in that suggestion box, because I sure don't know. I really don't."

While there is nothing wrong with letting out frustration, Newton hasn't learned that you do that in private. You don't undercut your team in public. It's tawdry and juvenile. It doesn't speak to true leadership.

Again, this is not some full endorsement of Hurney. Over the past five years, Hurney has made his share of mistakes. The latest was reportedly paying $48.2 million in guarantees for three running backs (Carolina signed Mike Tolbert as a free agent and extending Jonathan Stewart's contract this year after paying DeAngelo Williams in 2011). None of those backs has turned out to be worth the money in a league that has steadily de-emphasized the position.

Hurney also failed to get a long-term deal done with former defensive end Julius Peppers for years ultimately losing Peppers to free agency in 2010 although much of the blame for that also goes on Richardson.

But when it came to doing the single-most important thing a GM can do finding a quarterback Hurney appeared to have hit big a year ago with Newton. Despite Newton's myriad of mistakes thus far (he has nine turnovers in six games, including two Sunday), he is still a dynamic talent.

At least that's how Hurney and many other people see it. The question now is whether the next GM will agree with that assessment. What Newton has done by undercutting those around him has been to open the door for a new set of eyes.

Whoever those eyes belong to may not see Newton as the hard worker that so many people in the organization believe he is. Whoever succeeds Hurney may not have much patience for Newton's post-loss histrionics.

In other words, be careful when you open the suggestion box. You might not like what people suggest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--here-s-a--suggestion--for-panthers-qb-cam-newton--stop-throwing-people-under-the-bus.html

feltdizz
10-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Newton need to chill out in pressure. However, if this got Hurney fired then its not all bad. Hurney gave out 50 million in guaranteed money to the RB's ... and they don't run the ball at all. Beason is the second highest paid LB in the league... and this is after 2 ACL injuries. Charles Johnson got a 70 million dollar contract because Hurney was scared to lose him to ATL... Johnson wears Falcon hats in the offseason. I live in Charlotte and the fans hate Hurney.. it may not fix the team but its a move to show the fans they care... lol.

Cam is going through a rough patch but I'm not sure what the OC is thinking. When a QB is struggling run the freaking ball if you are in a close game.