PDA

View Full Version : A game of inches: Redman's fumble

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Can't say much in public, but I wonder if Tomlin is going to eat Red's lunch behind closed doors. Deservedly or not, I start to cringe a little whenever he is fighting for that extra 3 inches.

We kind of lucked out there. Double lucked out that they didn't call his knee down a few yards back, but that's besides the point.

papillon
09-17-2012, 12:16 PM
Can't say much in public, but I wonder if Tomlin is going to eat Red's lunch behind closed doors. Deservedly or not, I start to cringe a little whenever he is fighting for that extra 3 inches.

We kind of lucked out there. Double lucked out that they didn't call his knee down a few yards back, but that's besides the point.

If they call his knee down in the backfield, then the fumble never happened. If Ryan would have won his fumble challenge I wonder if Tomlin would have challenged saying the player was down in the backfield and therefore the fumble never happened?

Pappy

Snatch98
09-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Bottom line in it all despite his second effort runs last night, runs that would never happen against a team that KNEW HOW TO TACKLE red is a short yardage ONLY kind of back. He's looked awful through 2 weeks even with his TD run. Dwyer is the better back and I seriously hope he starts getting more carries. Redman isn't providing a spark, he's just plodding away and taking hits.

Slapstick
09-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Bottom line in it all despite his second effort runs last night, runs that would never happen against a team that KNEW HOW TO TACKLE red is a short yardage ONLY kind of back. He's looked awful through 2 weeks even with his TD run. Dwyer is the better back and I seriously hope he starts getting more carries. Redman isn't providing a spark, he's just plodding away and taking hits.

Dwyer certainly didn't look better yesterday...

Also, Redman didn't fumble. The refs got that part right, at least...I'll overlook the fact that they missed his knee scraping the turf...;)

virgilbosetti
09-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry for being harsh, but I'm done with this guy. I have defended him too long. I hate fumblers. Overturned or not, knee down or not, he loses concentration on the ball far to often for my taste......I wish him well.

SDSteel1
09-17-2012, 12:57 PM

Really it was a good "no call" to begin with. The knee was down, but motion continued and he honestly wasn't down by contact, (although the bad rule of a slight touch of knee, forearm etc would disagree), and he had posession of the ball until the defender finally ripped it away when he was on his back. That is the way the NFL should be called and was designed to be played to begin with.