PDA

View Full Version : Like it or not, Clark.....

pittpete
09-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Is the heart and soul of this defense right now.

DukieBoy
09-16-2012, 11:22 PM
He really brought it tonight, didn't he. He almost always does.

Chadman
09-16-2012, 11:26 PM
The Steelers need to really start looking at their future options at both Safety spots. Attitude & leadership need to be high on the list of attributes required. Both Troy & Clark are perfect mentors for the future generation of Safety play- but don't wait too long to get their replacements or the young guys won't benefit from their experience long enough. Next draft- 2 Safeties.

pittpete
09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Attitude & leadership need to be high on the list of attributes required

I concur bro

hawaiiansteel
09-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Clark is Digest Player of Week

by Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

In the National Football League, it’s not necessarily a good thing when your free safety leads the team in tackles. In many cases, that can indicate a game where the opposing offense was successful in getting the ball down the field on a consistent basis, but that doesn’t describe what happened yesterday at Heinz Field.

Ryan Clark led the Steelers in tackles, but since the Jets scored only one touchdown – that coming on their first possession of the game – and only crossed midfield once in the entire second half, it was obviously not a situation where they were having their way with the Steelers defense. One of Clark’s tackles was for a loss, he had one pass defensed and got pressure on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez a couple of times.

On a day when the Steelers defense had to play without a pair of All-Pros – James Harrison and Troy Polamalu – Ryan Clark stepped up and delivered. He is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who made a strong case for a second straight Player of the Week designation by completing 24-of-31 to 10 different receivers for 275 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 125.1; Antonio Brown, who led the team with seven catches for 79 yards and returned a punt for 10 more; Mike Wallace, who made a Pro Bowl play to get inside Jets CB Antonio Cromartie for a 37-yard touchdown reception; and LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, including one for a loss, one sack and two other hits on the quarterback.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-a1eb0a07ecc1 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Clark-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/c5b36ef6-f384-417c-9f61-a1eb0a07ecc1)

Chadman
09-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Will just add, Ben was outstanding this week. Follows on from being close to outstanding last week. Looks like he's adopting Haley's offense well. Thought Woodley was disruptive, and Wallace is easily one of the top 10 WR's in the NFL... :D

Discipline of Steel
09-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Right after Clark was Ike Taylor

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Clark is Digest Player of Week

by Bob Labriola
Steelers Digest

In the National Football League, it’s not necessarily a good thing when your free safety leads the team in tackles. In many cases, that can indicate a game where the opposing offense was successful in getting the ball down the field on a consistent basis, but that doesn’t describe what happened yesterday at Heinz Field.

Ryan Clark led the Steelers in tackles, but since the Jets scored only one touchdown – that coming on their first possession of the game – and only crossed midfield once in the entire second half, it was obviously not a situation where they were having their way with the Steelers defense. One of Clark’s tackles was for a loss, he had one pass defensed and got pressure on Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez a couple of times.

On a day when the Steelers defense had to play without a pair of All-Pros – James Harrison and Troy Polamalu – Ryan Clark stepped up and delivered. He is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.

Also considered were quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who made a strong case for a second straight Player of the Week designation by completing 24-of-31 to 10 different receivers for 275 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 125.1; Antonio Brown, who led the team with seven catches for 79 yards and returned a punt for 10 more; Mike Wallace, who made a Pro Bowl play to get inside Jets CB Antonio Cromartie for a 37-yard touchdown reception; and LaMarr Woodley, who had two tackles, including one for a loss, one sack and two other hits on the quarterback.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...1-a1eb0a07ecc1 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Clark-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/c5b36ef6-f384-417c-9f61-a1eb0a07ecc1)

Larry Foote should have been the player of the week last week instead of Ben.

Ben should be player of the week this week instead of Clark.

fezziwig
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I've asked myself this a couple of times, " if the redskins didn't find favor in Clark, who is the great talent they replaced him with ? " Clark has no trouble bringing it and I thought he lacked that tough type style last season.

phillyesq
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I've asked myself this a couple of times, " if the redskins didn't find favor in Clark, who is the great talent they replaced him with ? " Clark has no trouble bringing it and I thought he lacked that tough type style last season.

Was it Adam Archuletta, one of their many FA busts?

fezziwig
09-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Ha........... ! Did Snyder let go of Clark and replace him with a bust ? I've got to look this up now. I think it was Hope that Clark replaced and many were nervous if Clark could fill his shoes and I think Clark is better than Hope. My memory of Hope was or is, it took him a while to become an impact player for the Steelers or at least good and he did that as his last season for the Steelers. I was a bit chapped that, he took his time developing with the Steelers, got good and moved on but I'm happy now how it all turned out.

fezziwig
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Just looked it up on Archuletta. He is apart of the 15 worst NFL contracts. The highest paid safety ever paid and is no longer playing football. Wow, I bet they wished they never let Clark leave the team or the 30 million they paid Archulettaa.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Was it Adam Archuletta, one of their many FA busts?

After AA flamed out, then they used a super-high draft pick on LaRon Landry, who roided himself up David-Boston-style and was always injured. He's now on the Jets, and was responsible for at least 3 cheapshots against our receivers this weekend that I was able to discern from my perch up in Section 525.

lloydroid
09-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Skins also had that really, really good S die. Sean Taylor. He was really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvE3I0A0fek

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Skins also had that really, really good S die. Sean Taylor. He was really awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvE3I0A0fek

True...Sean Taylor was their Polamalu...and they were lucky enough to have Ryan Clark next to him in 2004 & 2005 (until they dumped Clark for crappy Archuleta prior to the 2006 season)...then Taylor was shot in the middle of the 2007 season.

birtikidis
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
After AA flamed out, then they used a super-high draft pick on LaRon Landry, who roided himself up David-Boston-style and was always injured. He's now on the Jets, and was responsible for at least 3 cheapshots against our receivers this weekend that I was able to discern from my perch up in Section 525.
Who was it that said Landry was the best player in that draft and that we should trade our future to get him.....?

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Who was it that said Landry was the best player in that draft and that we should trade our future to get him.....?

I said that about Calvin Johnson in that same draft (was willing to go all Ditka and give up an entire draft for him...albeit over 2 years...at the time, I suggested a 1, 3, 5, & 7 in that draft, plus 2, 4, 6 in the next draft to the rebuilding Lions). Looking back, that means that we would have given up Lawrence Timmons, Matt Spaeth, Cameron Stephenson, Dallas Baker, Limas Sweed, Tony Hills, and Mike Humpal...wow, that would have been an awesome deal for us). Then again, being more realistic about our pick that year, I would have preferred Amobi Okoye or Adam Carriker to Darrelle Revis, so what do I know? :o