PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger: A cerebral QB

DBR96A
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
What a great game by an underrated, smart QB!

DukieBoy
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Good post. Ben was the consummate QB today. Masterful game.

DBR96A
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Sta line: 24/31, 275 yards, 2 TD.

Rating: 125.1.

What a magnificent performance by a maestro of QBing! :D

MR.V.
09-16-2012, 09:43 PM
I agree,A great job by an elite qb

stopplayn
09-17-2012, 09:41 AM
I have been critical of Ben and rightfully so. Ben played how he should play the majority of the time. We should be blowing teams out. Lets give Mike Wallace kudos for catching that poorly thrown pass in the end zone. I think Haley is very good for Ben. Good job Ben lets keep it up!!!!!

Sugar
09-17-2012, 09:48 AM
I have been critical of Ben and rightfully so. Ben played how he should play the majority of the time. We should be blowing teams out. Lets give Mike Wallace kudos for catching that poorly thrown pass in the end zone. I think Haley is very good for Ben. Good job Ben lets keep it up!!!!!

The pass wasn't poorly thrown, it went exactly where it was supposed to. Ben said in the interview that he put it up for Wallace to make the play, and he did.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-17-2012, 09:52 AM
The pass wasn't poorly thrown, it went exactly where it was supposed to. Ben said in the interview that he put it up for Wallace to make the play, and he did.

The pass reminded me of the Superbowl pass to Holmes.

Oviedo
09-17-2012, 09:56 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning, "Greeny" went off on Ben not being considered as elite as Rodgers, Mannings, Brees, Brady, etc. He argued very strongly that Ben is every bit as good as any of them and he does things they could never do as far as keeping plays alive and making "money" plays.

Glad to see the national media, especially someone from the Patriots loving ESPN, give Ben the love he deserves.

SidSmythe
09-17-2012, 10:09 AM
I hope Ben plays until he's 45

skyhawk
09-17-2012, 03:27 PM
The pass reminded me of the Superbowl pass to Holmes.

You mean the pass to Miller, not Wallace right?

RuthlessBurgher
09-17-2012, 03:47 PM
On Mike and Mike this morning, "Greeny" went off on Ben not being considered as elite as Rodgers, Mannings, Brees, Brady, etc. He argued very strongly that Ben is every bit as good as any of them and he does things they could never do as far as keeping plays alive and making "money" plays.

Glad to see the national media, especially someone from the Patriots loving ESPN, give Ben the love he deserves.

Well, Mike Greenberg is an unabashed Jets lover who just saw Roethlisberger eat his team up and crap out touchdowns.

NJ-STEELER
09-17-2012, 06:06 PM

new york media today

Ben is a great QB.

Ben's great on 3rd downs.

part of what makes him great is he's unbelievable hard to bring down. secondaries cant cover for that long

lloydroid
09-17-2012, 07:46 PM

Not only is Greenie from the Patriots-loving ESPN, he is a huge Jets fan.

hawaiiansteel
09-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Adapting Well To Todd Haley's Offense

by Neal Coolong on Sep 17, 2012

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/5560695/20120916_lbm_al8_159_extra_large.jpg

Remember when there were questions surrounding how long it would take for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to adapt to offensive coordinator Todd Haley?

Maybe it's really more of a question of how long it will take Haley to adapt to Roethlisberger.

While the stat book will show the Steelers really choked the Jets out in a 27-10 Week 2 win during a 14-play, 75-yard touchdown drive that chewed 10:13 off the clock, Roethlisberger beat the Jets time and again through the 60 minute game.

The Steelers, largely behind Roethlisberger, were 8-for-15 on third down, and converted 13 passes to first downs.

Roethlisberger didn't turn the ball over, completing 24-of-31 passes (77.4 percent) along with two touchdowns.

Roethlisberger was masterful in whatever anyone would like to call that offense. Not taking anything away from Haley's game-plan, which scored on five of the team's nine drives, but third downs were owned by Roethlisberger.

And Haley took the leash off his stud quarterback, throwing the ball 31 times compared to 28 runs, that percentage leans more toward the pass, and with each passing game, that proportion seems more in line with a winning formula than the other way around.

Even as the Steelers still continue to find success on the ground, their willingness to run paid dividends, particularly on that 14 play game-sealing drive.

The edges are being sanded off this offense, one drive at a time, and the stellar play of Roethlisberger gives Steelers fans reason to celebrate heading into Week 3.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/17/3345720/steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-todd-haley-offense-stats-week-2-win-jets

Slapstick
09-18-2012, 08:42 AM
And Haley took the leash off his stud quarterback, throwing the ball 31 times compared to 28 runs, that percentage leans more toward the pass, and with each passing game, that proportion seems more in line with a winning formula than the other way around.

That's a 52% pass to 48% run ratio...that's good...

Running the ball persistently keeps the D honest and leads to drives like the Steelers had in the 4th quarter, where the defense eventually wears down and the RBs can start to break some runs...

skyhawk
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I still think Haley came out to conservative in the 1st Q of both games and putting the ball into RBs hands too much rather than letting Ben pass and run the show. He took the shackles off later. Thankfully we see the result when that happens.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
That's a 52% pass to 48% run ratio...that's good...

Running the ball persistently keeps the D honest and leads to drives like the Steelers had in the 4th quarter, where the defense eventually wears down and the RBs can start to break some runs...

We'd be better 60-40 in favor of the pass, in my opinion (with 10% of those passes being RB or WR screens that are essentially an extension of the running game anyway). So far this season, Ben has been pretty darn effective (aside from one ill-advised pass late in the Denver game), while the running game hasn't shined at all. Ben's yards-per-attempt throwing the ball is more than double than Dwyer's yards-per-attempt running the ball, and more than triple Redman's yards-per-attempt running the ball so far.

Oviedo
09-18-2012, 05:02 PM
We'd be better 60-40 in favor of the pass, in my opinion (with 10% of those passes being RB or WR screens that are essentially an extension of the running game anyway). So far this season, Ben has been pretty darn effective (aside from one ill-advised pass late in the Denver game), while the running game hasn't shined at all. Ben's yards-per-attempt throwing the ball is more than double than Dwyer's yards-per-attempt running the ball, and more than triple Redman's yards-per-attempt running the ball so far.

60-40 pass to run is what makes the most sense given that our talent is at QB and our WRs/TE. Until our OL can actually generate some real push we are going to have to pass to be successful. I would like to see more passes to the RBs. Will Johnson looked great receiving the ball but given his background I'm not surprised. It is just a pleasant chnage from the other Johnson who made it look unnatural.

stopplayn
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM
You cant give a pct without 1st knowing the opponent and their strengths. If you are playing a team that is strong against the run do you impose your will or attack their weakness? It would be smart to attack their weakness.

RuthlessBurgher
09-18-2012, 07:38 PM
You cant give a pct without 1st knowing the opponent and their strengths. If you are playing a team that is strong against the run do you impose your will or attack their weakness? It would be smart to attack their weakness.

Absolutely...opponents' strengths/weaknesses, weather/field conditions, our injury situation, the score of the game at any given time (playing catchup in the 2nd half vs. trying to hold a lead), etc. should all impact the run vs. pass percentage in any given game, but we are talking over the long haul.

hawaiiansteel
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM

not according to the the Bruce Arians philosophy:

"if your opponent is weak against the run and strong against the pass, that opponent will know that you will try to exploit their weakness against the run. therefore, we will fool them by ignoring the run and will only pass against them"

Slapstick
09-18-2012, 08:17 PM
not according to the the Bruce Arians philosophy:

"if your opponent is weak against the run and strong against the pass, that opponent will know that you will try to exploit their weakness against the run. therefore, we will fool them by ignoring the run and will only pass against them"

Good Lord, wasn't that the truth?

60% pass/40% run is too much...

The reason that Ben's stats look so good compared to the run is that the ratio is closer than 60% passing...once that number is approached, the YpA and efficacy of the pass falls while the run game's increases...

Last year, the Steelers had the highest YpC in 10 years, but I thought the offense wasn't particularly good...

This is a team that needs balance to be effective, overall...when the Steelers have been more balanced in the past, the offense has hummed...we just need to maintain the defense to the level of the last three quarters of the Jest game...

stopplayn
09-18-2012, 09:17 PM
If you are good you are good period. How many OC has Tom Brady gone through? Weis, Obrien, Mcdaniels. It doesnt matter he still performs. How good was the Colt OC after Manning couldnt play? Luck is a rookie and is doing quite well under Arians. I'm sorry, I just refused to believe that Arians would hurt the performance of any elite qb. If they didnt like the play that he called, then all they would do is audible and change the play to a better one. I dont know why Ben didnt do the same.

hawaiiansteel
09-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Steelers Notebook: Ben Roethlisberger campaigns for more no-huddle (again)

By Chris Adamski | CBSSports.com
September 19, 2012

Big Ben is a big fan of the no-huddle offense.

The Steelers' quarterback is a fan of calling his own plays, too -- something that he can usually do if the offense isn't huddling.

Subtly, and without saying anything that might offend his coaches, Ben Roethlisberger campaigned once again Wednesday afternoon for running the no-huddle.

Asked why it wasn't used during a win against the Jets this past Sunday after it had been used successfully the week before in a loss to the Broncos, Roethlisberger said the no-huddle was brought up only once during the New York game.

"Right before halftime, coach Tomlin came to me and asked what I thought about it," Roethlisberger said. "I was all for it, but we never really got to it."

Roethlisberger also took a veiled shot at fans and observers (maybe even his own owner, Art Rooney II), who champion running the ball more.

"That's (OC Todd) Haley's call," Roethlisberger said when asked why more multiple-receiver sets weren't used Sunday. "He's the one that calls all of the plays. There was no no-huddle. Our no-huddle is usually when we have three wide receivers on the field. They saw something and wanted to run the ball with multiple tight ends and keep you guys and the fans happy, I guess."

If the way Roethlisberger is talking makes it sounds like he would call a pass play on every down, listen to this: A big topic of conversation this week is the alleged predictability of the Steelers' offense, which too often seems to go run-run-pass, respectively, during the three downs of a series.

"That's the key, not being predictable," Roethlisberger said. "That's on coaches to know what our tendencies are on different downs and things like that. We put our faith and trust in them that they'll figure out what we need to do."

It's no secret Roethlisberger had a very close relationship with former offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and was -- initially, at least -- slow to warm to Haley. Are these subtle shots at him? Here's another quote that involves the quarterback suggesting the team would be better off with Roethlisberger calling the shots than with the coaches calling them.

"It seems like on first and second down, nothing's really happening, and then it's, 'Hey, go make something happen on third down, you guys,'" Roethlisberger said. "We've been able to do that on third downs and make things happen."

More cautious now that he's 30? Having turned 30 and in his ninth season playing a somewhat reckless (albeit remarkably effective) style, conventional wisdom was that Roethlisberger would be more likely to throw a ball away or slide down more quickly or not hold onto the ball so long in an effort to avoid taking hits.

Through two games, it has appeared that way. But Roethlisberger says that's not by design.

"I'm not really trying to do anything different," he said. "It's just the way I'm playing the game. There was no real intention ever to slide and get down or dump the ball off. It's the way I've always played, and if guys are open on the check-downs, I get it to them. I don't really feel like I'm doing anything different."

Roethlisberger on the Greg Schiano-Tom Coughlin kneel-down controversy: "It's tough. I kind of see both sides of it. If I was at quarterback, I wouldn't be happy with it. If it was my defense, I'd say, 'Way to go until the end of the game.' It's hard. You never want to hurt anybody, especially this early in the season. It's not like it's a playoff game and something is going on. There are times when we take a knee at the end of halves and we'll tell the defense that we're taking a knee and everyone backs off. I think at this level that's probably proper etiquette."

Ben's line of the day: In reference to his most recent start in Oakland, a 20-13 loss in which he threw four interceptions a week after being knocked out of a game due to a concussion in October 2006, Roethlisberger said: "All I remember is throwing, like, six or seven picks and it being a crazy, hostile place. That's about it. And losing the game."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20250147/steelers-notebook-ben-roethlisberger-campaigns-for-more-no-huddle-again--

stopplayn
09-20-2012, 04:14 AM
Fact of the matter is blaming an OC for a quarterbacks shortcomings is an excuse.

DBR96A
09-20-2012, 06:00 AM
Fact of the matter is blaming an OC for a quarterbacks shortcomings is an excuse.

So I guess Tom Brady ain't elite anymore, considering Patriots fans are starting to lose patience (http://forums.footballnation.com/showthread.php/1990-Cardinals-Patriots-week-2?p=18827#post18827) with Josh McDaniels (http://forums.footballnation.com/showthread.php/1990-Cardinals-Patriots-week-2?p=18834#post18834) as their offensive coordinator. :o

stopplayn
09-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Has nothing to do with Brady. If thats is the case then Those fans are just as ignorant as ours. Brady had success with Weis, Obrien, Mcdaniels. Its been proven its NOT the OC behind the greatness.

Oviedo
09-20-2012, 08:30 AM
So I guess Tom Brady ain't elite anymore, considering Patriots fans are starting to lose patience (http://forums.footballnation.com/showthread.php/1990-Cardinals-Patriots-week-2?p=18827#post18827) with Josh McDaniels (http://forums.footballnation.com/showthread.php/1990-Cardinals-Patriots-week-2?p=18834#post18834) as their offensive coordinator. :o

The Patriot fans are dealing with the fact that Brady in 2012 is not Brady in 2007. He is starting to lose it. Still great but the signs are there that he won't be great every game. However, like Steelers fans they don't want to blame the "legend" so McDaniel is the easy target. The Offensive Coord is always the easy target.

stopplayn
09-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Brady has only played 2 games. I doubt if the Pats fans are upset. They lost a game that BRADY put them in position to win. Kicker blew the game and not Brady. Its idiotic to think that a guy on the SIDELINE is responsible for poor passing and inconsistent play of the offfense. IF it was Arians you would see the same thing in Indy or worse (with a rookie). The facts dont prove that. What the facts prove is that Arians WITH A ROOKIE is rated 24th in the NFL and Haley with A 9 YEAR VET is 25th.

So with all of the "Ben has been great on 3rd down" crap, his offense is STILL 25th in the league. Elite? Hardly

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

stopplayn
09-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Next excuse. According to some of you Ben Roethlilsberger needs Bill Walsh as an OC. The BEST O Line possible. The best receivers and best backs. Even with all that and if there is a failure then there is still an excuse.

DBR96A
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM
People like you deserve another 20-year QB drought.

Slapstick
09-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Brady has only played 2 games. I doubt if the Pats fans are upset. They lost a game that BRADY put them in position to win. Kicker blew the game and not Brady. Its idiotic to think that a guy on the SIDELINE is responsible for poor passing and inconsistent play of the offfense. IF it was Arians you would see the same thing in Indy or worse (with a rookie). The facts dont prove that. What the facts prove is that Arians WITH A ROOKIE is rated 24th in the NFL and Haley with A 9 YEAR VET is 25th.

So with all of the "Ben has been great on 3rd down" crap, his offense is STILL 25th in the league. Elite? Hardly

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

What is not shocking? Arians' offense ranks behind Haley's offense in scoring...

DBR96A
09-21-2012, 01:57 PM
Dominating the short passing game is an excellent sign for both Roethlisberger and new Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley, noted for his focus on short passes.

---

"We had a couple of good long drives," Roethlisberger said. "I feel that taking the short pass can be a weapon for us. We need to get our playmakers the ball. On that (fourth-quarter) drive we didn't have any big, deep plays. It was all crossing routes, out routes and things like that."

---

After a difficult night in Roethlisberger's first go-round with the new offense last Sunday night against Denver, Haley's designs shown through brilliantly this week. The Steelers have the weapons to keep this going -- Antonio Brown and Heath Miller on short routes with Mike Wallace a perennial check downfield. And, as Sunday's game showed, Ben Roethlisberger is more than up to the task of executing it to near-perfection. (http://www.advancednflstats.com/2012/09/steelers-dink-and-dunk-to-steamroll-jets.html)

In his early years, Roethlisberger was an instinctive, intuitive player who was special at times, but who had sandlot tendencies that limited his consistency. Now, after eight years as the Steelers’ starter, he’s a far more mature, disciplined quarterback. (http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/19/cosell-talks-the-ever-improving-ben-roethlisberger/) That will only lengthen his career. Will we continue to see those signature plays that have defined his career? Certainly. But my guess is we’ll see fewer of them, because he’s a better overall player.

It wasn’t that long ago that Roethlisberger was a one-read quarterback. If the first guy in the route wasn’t open, he’d scramble to try to make something happen.

It’s not like that anymore. (http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2618647-85/roethlisberger-steelers-jets-mark-kaboly-pocket-game-passer-field-pass#axzz2780juomH)

Everybody sees it except for stopplayn.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Everybody sees it except for stopplayn.

Also from Matt Williamson's weekly Wednesday morning Scouts Inc. NFL chat session on ESPN.com 2 days ago:

Matt Williamson (12:29 PM)

Oh, going to throw this out there-was asked on the radio which QB has played the best so far after two weeks. Who is your vote? I went with Big Ben off the top of my head and after much thought am sticking with it.

eniparadoxgma
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Brady has only played 2 games.

I don't know where you're getting your information from but I think you need to check your sources better. I have it on good authority that Brady has played in a lot more games than just two.

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 07:58 AM
You guys can post all of the quotes you want from guys who watch the Steelers WHEN THEY ARE ON NATIONALY. I have watched every game of Bens career. What I see is an INCONSISTENT Qb who is carried by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger is NOT the primary reason that we are elite. Defense is. Thats why the experts give Ben props for winning 2 Super Bowls. In those 2 wins Ben has 3 TDs and FIVE INTS with a 60 rating. He is HARDLY the reason for those two wins. Bring up Arizona and I will bring up Santonio Holmes (Yac and eventual MVP). You will never see anywhere where I say Ben sucks or isnt good. I just say he is not elite and is slow to process the information (hence all of the sacks)

Lastly, I have proven that the Sack problem existed with Wiz, Haley and Arians (Its not the line ITS BEN). I have proven that Arians was not the problem for our Offenses lethargic play (Sure isnt happening in Indy with a ROOKIE). Lastly, notice that Moss didnt have to stradle the end zone line to catch a terrible pass. Ben put Wallace is such a pickle its no wonder his groin is sore. Look at how awkward his legs are after the catch.

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Next excuse. According to some of you Ben Roethlilsberger needs Bill Walsh as an OC. The BEST O Line possible. The best receivers and best backs. Even with all that and if there is a failure then there is still an excuse.

The line, The OC, Tomlin, Wallace doesnt fight for balls, Rooner wont let Ben be Ben. So because we had a 20 year drought in productive qbs I should not point out his shortcomings? We can criticize EVERY Steeler on the roster but since we had a 20 year drought Ben is off limits. Ok

NJ-STEELER
09-22-2012, 10:49 AM
what was his QB percentage in the 3 playoffs wins leading up to SB XL?

DBR96A
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
You guys can post all of the quotes you want from guys who watch the Steelers WHEN THEY ARE ON NATIONALY.

Greg Cosell has worked for NFL Films for decades. That means he watches game film for a living.

I have watched every game of Bens career.

So have I, and yet, my opinion of him is quite different from yours. In fact, it aligns more properly with Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living.

What I see is an INCONSISTENT Qb who is carried by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger is NOT the primary reason that we are elite. Defense is.

And what I see is what Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, has seen.

Thats why the experts give Ben props for winning 2 Super Bowls.

Rightly so. The Steelers wouldn't have made it to Super Bowl XL without him, and they wouldn't have won Super Bowl XLIII without him.

In those 2 wins Ben has 3 TDs and FIVE INTS with a 60 rating.

Seems about right, being the halfway point between 22.6 and 93.2, the latter being his passer rating in Super Bowl XLIII.

He is HARDLY the reason for those two wins. Bring up Arizona and I will bring up Santonio Holmes (Yac and eventual MVP).

Yeah, that 40-yard catch-and-run by Holmes on the game-winning drive would have more than likely been just a 10-yard catch with no yards thereafter had Roethlisberger not faked out Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with a pump fake to Mewelde Moore in the right flat just prior to the actual pass. Even Steve Young pointed that play out in the post-game coverage, noting that Roethlisberger set up the YAC by making Rodgers-Cromartie bite on the pump fake.

You will never see anywhere where I say Ben sucks or isnt good. I just say he is not elite and is slow to process the information (hence all of the sacks)

Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, appears to disagree.

...notice that Moss didnt have to stradle the end zone line to catch a terrible pass. Ben put Wallace is such a pickle its no wonder his groin is sore. Look at how awkward his legs are after the catch.

You love Peyton Manning, right? Did you see the acrobatics that Demariyous Thomas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO3HKDvz-vw) needed to catch the Broncos' first TD against the Falcons last Monday night? WRs get paid to make plays too, because not every pass is going to be poetry in motion, even from the best QBs. Speaking of poetry in motion, did you see Roethlisberger's TD pass to Heath Miller last game? Let's just pretend that never happened.

Hey, look, it's your credibility!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Atomicbomb.jpg

Well, it was your credibility...

Speaking of credibility, Greg Cosell watches game film for a living.

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 02:40 PM
what was his QB percentage in the 3 playoffs wins leading up to SB XL?

So you go back ALL THE WAY to 2005? The fact that you had to go back SEVEN years is all the evidence I need. Those games mean nothing if we lose SB 40. Neil was really efficient leading up to SB 30 so does what happend in SB 30 get nullified due to prior games? NO.

Point made

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Greg Cosell has worked for NFL Films for decades. That means he watches game film for a living.

So have I, and yet, my opinion of him is quite different from yours. In fact, it aligns more properly with Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living.

And what I see is what Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, has seen.

Rightly so. The Steelers wouldn't have made it to Super Bowl XL without him, and they wouldn't have won Super Bowl XLIII without him.

Seems about right, being the halfway point between 22.6 and 93.2, the latter being his passer rating in Super Bowl XLIII.

Yeah, that 40-yard catch-and-run by Holmes on the game-winning drive would have more than likely been just a 10-yard catch with no yards thereafter had Roethlisberger not faked out Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with a pump fake to Mewelde Moore in the right flat just prior to the actual pass. Even Steve Young pointed that play out in the post-game coverage, noting that Roethlisberger set up the YAC by making Rodgers-Cromartie bite on the pump fake.

Greg Cosell, who watches game film for a living, appears to disagree.

You love Peyton Manning, right? Did you see the acrobatics that Demariyous Thomas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO3HKDvz-vw) needed to catch the Broncos' first TD against the Falcons last Monday night? WRs get paid to make plays too, because not every pass is going to be poetry in motion, even from the best QBs. Speaking of poetry in motion, did you see Roethlisberger's TD pass to Heath Miller last game? Let's just pretend that never happened.

Hey, look, it's your credibility!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Atomicbomb.jpg

Well, it was your credibility...

Speaking of credibility, Greg Cosell watches game film for a living.

When Greg Cossel was asked by T. Suggs on Sports Nation to name FOUR Steeler starters he COULDNT. That showed me how much he watches the Steelers. So let me get this right, you are comparing an OLD Manning (Who is still better than Ben) to a in his prime Roethlisberger? Manning is coming off of his 4th neck procedure so YES, he will have some ups and downs in regards to accuracy.

Manning Beat Ben head to head again. Ben is on the better team but Manning owns Ben head to head despite being on the pityful Colts. If Manning had Bens talent that the Steelers supply him with he would seldom lose.

Ben has played with Alan Faneca, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis, Joey Porter, Hines Ward, James Harrison, M, Pouncey, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu, Lemarr Woodley, Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

Sorry, Manning hasnt been as fortunate to be surrounded with that kind of talent.

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 02:49 PM
You guys kill me. Roethlisberger makes a ROUTINE pass to Heath for a TD. Isnt that a pass that you EXPECT a 9 year vet to make (Scratch that. You expect that from a ROOKIE)

Do you really want to compare Mannings accuracy with Ben Roethlisbergers? Thats laughable.

NJ-STEELER
09-22-2012, 02:55 PM
You're the one that brought up the Qb ratings In the SBs

Point made? Lol

NJ-STEELER
09-22-2012, 03:00 PM
When Greg Cossel was asked by T. Suggs on Sports Nation to name FOUR Steeler starters he COULDNT. That showed me how much he watches the Steelers. So let me get this right, you are comparing an OLD Manning (Who is still better than Ben) to a in his prime Roethlisberger? Manning is coming off of his 4th neck procedure so YES, he will have some ups and downs in regards to accuracy.

Manning Beat Ben head to head again. Ben is on the better team but Manning owns Ben head to head despite being on the pityful Colts. If Manning had Bens talent that the Steelers supply him with he would seldom lose.

Ben has played with Alan Faneca, Plaxico Burress, Jerome Bettis, Joey Porter, Hines Ward, James Harrison, M, Pouncey, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Troy Polamalu, Lemarr Woodley, Santonio Holmes and Heath Miller.

Sorry, Manning hasnt been as fortunate to be surrounded with that kind of talent.

Yeah. Peyton has had nobody to play with over the years.

Count how many of their high picks were on offense vs defense while he was there

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
I listed who Ben has played with since 04. Now you go ahead and list WHO Manning has played with since 99 or so. Lets compare. Ok go

NJ-STEELER
09-22-2012, 07:28 PM
I just did with the offense.

If you think that's comparable, so be it. Like I said you've already made up ur mind.

On the defensive side We're drafting back ups for 2 years with 3 1st round draft choices (hood, Timmons heyward) and throw in a middle 2nd for worldis

While the colts draft Gonzales to be their 3rd wr with Harrison and wayne already entrenched as the starters. Then A FEW YEARS ago draft a RB in the 1st to split time with addai

It's pretty clear how each organization wants to go about with their philosophy

stopplayn
09-22-2012, 11:16 PM
You are hesitant to list those name because you and I both know, where the talent lies. The talent lies in Pittsburgh. Our organization supplies Ben Roethlisberger with bookoo talent and he rewards them with mediocre stats. They pay him 100 million for ONE 30 TD season (Done before the contract 07). No, 30 TD seasons since he got his money. Ben Roethlisberger is a FG machine that when hot is among the leagues best. Being hot only 4 games out of a season is stealing money to me.

NJ-STEELER
09-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah. You keep thinking that

Hahahaha

DBR96A
09-23-2012, 02:21 AM
So you go back ALL THE WAY to 2005? The fact that you had to go back SEVEN years is all the evidence I need. Those games mean nothing if we lose SB 40. Neil was really efficient leading up to SB 30 so does what happend in SB 30 get nullified due to prior games? NO.

Point made

Neil O'Donnell, 1995 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XXX)

44/76, 267 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT -- 68.3 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2005 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XL)

49/72, 680 yards, 7 TD, 1 INT -- 124.8 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2008 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XLIII)

33/59, 436 yards, 2 TD -- 90.8 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2010 post-season (excluding Super Bowl XLV)

29/51, 359 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT -- 75.5 rating

Ben Roethlisberger, 2005, 2008 and 2010 post-seasons (excluding all Super Bowls)

111/182, 1,495 yards, 11 TD, 3 INT -- 100.4 rating

Even in his least efficient Super Bowl run, Ben Roethlisberger was more efficient than Neil O'Donnell was in his only Super Bowl run. Go **** yourself, you know-nothing piece of ****.

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Post season is a short sample size. In 08 WHY didnt you list the fact that Ben had over TWENTY turnovers? Why are you so dishonest? So does his short post sesason eliminate what he did over 16 games?

Did you notice that he puts "Excluding Super Bowl" Why does he do that? Because he know Ben habitually sucks in Super Bowls and he wants to support his agenda.

look at the stats he lists. Dont his stats support my claims? My claim is that "Ben is good but not elite". Look at the stats he posted! Good stats or elite? I think we can agree that the stats are good ones and not the stats you pay someone 100 million. Ben is STEALING MONEY.

I mention Neil and he think that I"m saying "Neil is better than Ben". What an idiot. I merely said that Neil was KNOWN as an efficient Qb in regards to turnovers. SB 30 was an anomaly. Never said Neil was good. Ben is better than O'donnell, I agree. Ben is better than a backup. CONGRATULATIONS lol

stopplayn
09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
At press time they have yet to list Mannings supporting cast in comparrison to Bens. I'll throw you a bone, you can add Manning and Brady COMBINED and you still wont get the same degree of talent that Ben has been provided by the Steelers.

DBR96A
09-24-2012, 10:06 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has never been sacked eight times in one half of football.

skyhawk
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
At press time they have yet to list Mannings supporting cast in comparrison to Bens. I'll throw you a bone, you can add Manning and Brady COMBINED and you still wont get the same degree of talent that Ben has been provided by the Steelers.

Whatever. Ben never had a Marvin Harrison or a Randy Moss or the best pass blocking line in football (colts). The Steelers talent has been overrated IMO with the exception of Ward, Bettis, Holmes and Mike Wallace (none are even close to the caliber of Moss and Harrison in their primes....now perhaps Brown can be added to the list. You're flat out wrong here.

Slapstick
09-24-2012, 10:11 PM
Lord have mercy!

STOP FEEDING THIS TROLL!!!

skyhawk
09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Lord have mercy!

STOP FEEDING THIS TROLL!!!

I know right?