PDA

View Full Version : A tale of two weeks...

Steelgal
09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
You would have thought after last week, the Ravens were shoe-ins to win the Superbowl and the Steelers were going 0-16. I read message boards for both teams and it was brutal.

Now a week later, the Raven's fans are talking about how old their defense is and how terrible they are. I guess they gave up almost 500 yards to the Eagles and we Steeler fans feel MUCH better about how they played.

It's amazing how a week can change things, lol!!!

DukieBoy
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Nice post SG. The beauty of this game is in the competition.

They were ready to cannonize Flacco as the next Marino, too. And Ray Lewis as timless. A week later Flacco whining like a spoiled toddler, and Ray Lewis looked old and slow at times.

Let's see how next week changes things.

Steelgal
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM

They were ready to cannonize Flacco as the next Marino, too. And Ray Lewis as timless. A week later Flacco whining like a spoiled toddler, and Ray Lewis looked old and slow at times.

Should be interesting Dukie :D

On a side note, during the game someone tweeted that Ben had receptions by 10 different receivers. I doubt that has EVER happened before.

Arians who.............

squidkid
09-16-2012, 08:28 PM
our oline, dline and dbs were the same both weeks, .....sh!tty

papillon
09-16-2012, 08:31 PM
our oline, dline and dbs were the same both weeks, .....sh!tty

The D-line was the worst of the three in my opinion. The O-line while only marginally better than the D-line did manage to get people blocked on occasion. The DBs I thought played pretty good actually, they were actually making plays on passes.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
09-16-2012, 08:36 PM

I saw the last few minutes of their game against Philadelphia, and that ENTIRE TEAM does nothing but pout and cry, it is so ... unseemingly. I would be embarassed to look like that on national TV. It obviously comes from the top, that slime of a coach they have.

DukieBoy
09-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Heard on the radio that, ironically, Sanchez's QB Rating today was 66.6. How will that number fuel the cry in NY for Tebow to be the Jets' savior ???

Flacco's QB rating today way 66.8.

Ben was masterful today.

winwithd
09-16-2012, 09:34 PM
I saw the last few minutes of their game against Philadelphia, and that ENTIRE TEAM does nothing but pout and cry, it is so ... unseemingly. I would be embarassed to look like that on national TV. It obviously comes from the top, that slime of a coach they have.

Lewis and Flacco rip the refs on the Ravens site. They say the game would have been different if the real refs had done the game, say the integrity of the game is at stake. I believe one of them said nothing in the game was called in their favor. Truth is Lewis is getting slower and Flacco just reverted back to what we all knew he was. What a terrible second half? BTW Wheedon put up better numbers against the sucky Cincy secondary than Flacco did last week. The Eagles game was hard to watch with Dierdorff kissing the Ravens' a***** all game long. Maybe that's why Flacco played poorly in the second half cause his cheeks were chafing so bad. No, thats just who Flacco is, an inconsistent QB and a whiner.

On the other hand, I like Van Dyke. He made some plays on ST and I think Carnell Lake will turn him into a shutdown corner. I can hardly believe our OLine is so poor in run blocking. And why does the DLine always seem to have gaping holes giving up runs up the middle of close to 10 yards. I am surprised the Jets only had 90 yards rushing. It seemed like a lot more.

Sugar
09-16-2012, 09:39 PM
This looked like the Steelers today. They gave up some things early and adjusted. They controlled the LOS and the clock. They made the big plays when they had to and ran effectively when it mattered most (the YPC numbers don't tell the story).

Putting up the 27 on the Jets was good. Holding them to only 10 was masterful, IMO. After the first quarter it looked like we'd be giving up 30!

SidSmythe
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
We have Ben and skill at the WR
We also have history of being able to play defense.
I'm not SKERRED!!!

DukieBoy
09-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Lewis and Flacco rip the refs on the Ravens site. They say the game would have been different if the real refs had done the game, say the integrity of the game is at stake. I believe one of them said nothing in the game was called in their favor. Truth is Lewis is getting slower and Flacco just reverted back to what we all knew he was. What a terrible second half? BTW Wheedon put up better numbers against the sucky Cincy secondary than Flacco did last week. The Eagles game was hard to watch with Dierdorff kissing the Ravens' a***** all game long. Maybe that's why Flacco played poorly in the second half cause his cheeks were chafing so bad. No, thats just who Flacco is, an inconsistent QB and a whiner.

On the other hand, I like Van Dyke. He made some plays on ST and I think Carnell Lake will turn him into a shutdown corner. I can hardly believe our OLine is so poor in run blocking. And why does the DLine always seem to have gaping holes giving up runs up the middle of close to 10 yards. I am surprised the Jets only had 90 yards rushing. It seemed like a lot more.

Meanwhile, the Ravens were hitting Vick so late (I think all the dogs watching the game must have been salivating), it was almost like they had a bounty out on Vick's football life. And the Ravens weren't getting called for the late hits almost all the time. The real refs, could have racked up alot of PF penalties on the Ravens today. Whiners.

winwithd
09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
I just checked the box score and the Eagles were actually penalized more times for more yards. I remember one hit on Vick in particular I KNOW Deebo would have been penalized 15 yards for leading with the helmet and probably fined but nothing was called.

And in the first half especially Leech and Boldin were cheap shotting and starting fights and the replacement refs were wussing out and calling offsetting penalties on both side. I dont know when was the last time I saw so many scuffles in a game.

NorthCoast
09-16-2012, 11:09 PM
You would have thought after last week, the Ravens were shoe-ins to win the Superbowl and the Steelers were going 0-16. I read message boards for both teams and it was brutal.

Now a week later, the Raven's fans are talking about how old their defense is and how terrible they are. I guess they gave up almost 500 yards to the Eagles and we Steeler fans feel MUCH better about how they played.

It's amazing how a week can change things, lol!!!

History repeats itself... last season Bmore beats up on the Steelers in week 1 only to lay an egg against Titans in week 2. Another positive from that game, Philly beat the snot out of the Ravens physically.

I am afraid the rumors about the demise of the Steelers is greatly exaggerated.

Oviedo
09-17-2012, 08:16 AM
The difference between Week 1 and 2 is our defense got aggressive against Sanchez and didn't play scared like they did against Manning. More blitzes. That is the key.

Sugar
09-17-2012, 08:41 AM
The difference between Week 1 and 2 is our defense got aggressive against Sanchez and didn't play scared like they did against Manning. More blitzes. That is the key.

Of course, the gap between Manning and Sanchez as QB's is fairly wide as well.