PDA

View Full Version : The Jets are practicing the No-Huddle, WildCat, Read-Option...

JDSteeler
09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
...and that should = Loss for Steelers!!

The Steelers don't have a Defensive Line! Hood, Hampton, Keisel, along with
McLendon, and Heyward played like little girls vs Manning's version of a no-huddle,
read-option, and they were absolutley baffled!! Just as freaking baffled during last
year's Wild-Card Playoff vs Tebow...

Now looky who we have coming to town!!!! It's Tebow Time!!! Teeee-Bow!!!!

Sanchez and Company ran over the Bills, and racked up 48 points!! It was
believed that in the preseason that the Jets were the Poster-Boys for the worst
offense in the league. Ok, well I got news for you, they aint!!

The Jets are gonna look at the Bronco game tape, and dissect our run D into
streds, if the front-7 plays like a week ago. The Jets dont even need to throw the
ball, of which, they could since our CB's give the WR's 10 yard cushions to catch
the ball, and then can't tackle for nothing. Did the DB's have one pass break-up vs
the Broncos??

So looky for the Jets to implement a no-huddle, wild-cat, read-option for both
Sanchez and Tebow, and get ready for the carnage!!! The Jets will RUTFM
all game long!!!

Of course, LeBeau will be his stubborn old-self, and never adjust. Good luck
Dicky with the defensive game-plan...the Steelers D will need it.

Haley will continue where he left off with the RRP concept that we are all
familiar with. Run on 1st, and 2nd, then pass on 3rd. Where's Arianus when
you need him!!!!???

The Steelers will move the ball slowly but surely, and eat some clock. Only to
freak up, and settle for a 25 yard FG...

It's really a travesty, because I believe we have the best WR Corp in the league, bar
none. Throw in Miller, and Rainey, and I think we can score some points...

But Haley wont adjust, and we be looking slow and sad....:(

Final Predictions...

Jets run for 200+ yards!

Steelers settle for 4 FG's of 30 yards or less!

Jets 31 Steelers 12. And that = We in deep $h!t!!

JD

Oviedo
09-11-2012, 10:14 AM
We will win Sunday so come off the ledge.

The Jets played the freaking Bills who gave them the game.

Slapstick
09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Getting outplayed on the road in Denver and in prime time is one thing...

Laying an egg in your home opener is quite another...

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I guess the annual ritual of the Great Monday Overreaction has now spread to Tuesday. Oh joy.

I predict that we spank the Jets.

SteelBucks
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Some on here are worse than Eagles fans. Steelers win easily....

Sugar
09-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Some on here are worse than Eagles fans. Steelers win easily....

I think they'll win, but I don't think it'll be easy. Just get our boys back healthy and we play with anyone!

Shawn
09-11-2012, 12:44 PM
JD have you taken your meds this morning? :)

SidSmythe
09-11-2012, 01:01 PM
It's time to panic...........Tebow and Mark Sanchez are coming to town with a WR corp where David Gilreath would be the #2 WR on that team

SteelBucks
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
I think they'll win, but I don't think it'll be easy. Just get our boys back healthy and we play with anyone!

The Steelers should be relatively healthy according to Tomlin's PC. Foster and Gilbert will play, Troy hurt his ankle but will play, Clark is back, and Mendenhall might see some action depending on how he looks during the week. Nothing on Harrison but he's probably the only question mark.

I feel good about this game. Nothing like a home opener....

Oviedo
09-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Mark Sanchez IS NOT Peyton Manning. 'Nuf said.

fezziwig
09-11-2012, 01:39 PM
After seeing what the no huddle did to Lebeaus, ( i'll ride on my past accomplishments ) defense, I don't see why any offense wouldn't attack us with the no huddle.
Jets win and Steelers go for a higher draft pick.

RuthlessBurgher
09-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Steelers go for a higher draft pick.

Forget "The Sky Is Falling" Chicken Little talk...apparently the sky has already fallen, and Chicken Little is now a Chicken Patty. Wow.

Slapstick
09-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Yep. LeBeau sucks. :rolleyes:

fezziwig
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
The Steelers have shown nothing from their last season opener or their playoff loss. Your only as good as your last performance. I hate to be so negative but what did you see positive in the Steelers loss to Denver ?
I'll tell you what I seen positive just so you know I can see the good.

Dwyer looks like he can be a great running back for us.
Ben still is an excellent QB and I love his fighting ways despite the interception.
Heath Miller......it doesn't get any better than that.
Haley is at least trying to mix things up and he too will find his mojo with this team.
Antonio had a good leap on things for a while.
Wallace is going to eventually burn the defenses once things click on offense if, they ever do depending upon the o-line.

I'm mostly upset that this was a huge game for us. A get back game for us. A national game for us. The second year in a row we lost the opener. Seems like the coach/coaes don't come out swinging with impact plays or players.

hawaiiansteel
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Jets win and Steelers go for a higher draft pick.

watch out, posters here will be soon telling you to root for another team you naysayer you.

NJ-STEELER
09-11-2012, 05:24 PM
i expect to see a whole lot of no huddle for the rest of the season

hawaiiansteel
09-11-2012, 05:28 PM

I agree, both from us and by teams going against us.

Sugar
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM

As effectively as it was executed this past weekend, I would expect it too. It seems to be a trendy thing right now.

papillon
09-11-2012, 05:35 PM

The no-huddle at Heinz field will not be as effective as it would be if you're the home team. To run the no-huddle you need a quarterback the caliber of Peyton Manning, he ran the offense from the 4th drive of the game until the end and he did it in the no-huddle, there are a handful of quarterbacks that would get the go ahead to do what Manning did and maybe not even a handful.

The Jets offensive coordinator isn't turning over the offense to Mark Sanchez to do as he pleases for 3/4s of the game, he'll screw the pooch before it's over and done with. He'll make mistakes, Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game and has earned the right to get complete control of the offense, Sanchez, not so much.

I like the Steelers and Ben in this one.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
The no-huddle at Heinz field will not be as effective as it would be if you're the home team. To run the no-huddle you need a quarterback the caliber of Peyton Manning, he ran the offense from the 4th drive of the game until the end and he did it in the no-huddle, there are a handful of quarterbacks that would get the go ahead to do what Manning did and maybe not even a handful.

The Jets offensive coordinator isn't turning over the offense to Mark Sanchez to do as he pleases for 3/4s of the game, he'll screw the pooch before it's over and done with. He'll make mistakes, Manning is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game and has earned the right to get complete control of the offense, Sanchez, not so much.

I like the Steelers and Ben in this one.

Pappy

i hope so PaP

cause its definitely coming

Shawn
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
watch out, posters here will be soon telling you to root for another team you naysayer you.

I certainly will.

fezziwig
09-11-2012, 05:56 PM

Well, that's their problem too if it gets to that point. I'm bummed, I live for football season and that is just the way it is. I could have handled it had this been any game except for the first of the season. To me and all the talk that came from the coach/players this means to me that, the coaches are not aware of their own teams short comings. If they thought this team was ready for the opener they were wrong. Heck, if they thought they, the coaches were ready for the opener they were even more wrong.

skyhawk
09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
This is nothing new. The sky was falling back in 2002 (actually, it was, cuz the Steeler D could stop no one in the passing game that year) when Rich Gannon shredded the vaunted steeler D for over 400 yards.

eifmp
09-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm very very worried about my Jets with this upcoming game vs. the Steelers. Although the game you guys played vs. the Broncos was very entertaining, looking at two HOF quarterbacks going at it, I was SORELY hoping you guys would win the game. Playing the Steelers: On the road + home opener + getting players back (Clark, Harrison, Mendenhall?) + Revis may not be 100%, + knowing the Steelers haven't gone 0-2 since 2002 = Me being more frightened than Scooby-Doo confronted with the episode's villain. Still, I want the win...although I don't expect it. Hope it's an exciting game with no one getting hurt.

NorthCoast
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Denver playing in the same division as KC and Haley bringing his offense from KC actually helped the Donks in their defensive gameplan?
We had a 2nd yr CB, a replacement safety, a new defensive captain, a new nickel back, a missing Pro Bowl LB all in the first game of the season. My, our expectations are very high....

hawaiiansteel
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Denver playing in the same division as KC and Haley bringing his offense from KC actually helped the Donks in their defensive gameplan?
We had a 2nd yr CB, a replacement safety, a new defensive captain, a new nickel back, a missing Pro Bowl LB all in the first game of the season. My, our expectations are very high....

actually, yes it did occur to me which is why I predicted we would lose this game. there were so many factors stacked against us, I think we will fare much better at home this Sunday against the Jets.

Discipline of Steel
09-12-2012, 04:38 AM
Mark Sanchez IS NOT Peyton Manning. 'Nuf said.

Neither is T-Bone, i hope he gets a few snaps at QB with his wildcat or whatever they let him run.

fezziwig
09-12-2012, 08:52 AM

It could have worked in Haley's favor too but, it did not. Your right about all the mishaps we had going for us and I seen a lot of holdoing from the Broncos and especially on their touchdown plays. Suisham also got run into after a fieldgoal attempt and it went un-noticed by the refs. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't but I seem to remember that's a penalty.

Shawn
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Well, that's their problem too if it gets to that point. I'm bummed, I live for football season and that is just the way it is. I could have handled it had this been any game except for the first of the season. To me and all the talk that came from the coach/players this means to me that, the coaches are not aware of their own teams short comings. If they thought this team was ready for the opener they were wrong. Heck, if they thought they, the coaches were ready for the opener they were even more wrong.

It's ok to be bummed, irritated and the like. What gets old is season after season seeing over reactions to ONE game....sometimes less. People calling for 8-8...calling for Arians to come back, calling for Lebeau's head etc gets old, and certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of the game. Now, if a few of y'all want to get your panties in a bunch because I don't want to read a bunch of chicken little posts...welp sorry.

The fact is this...we are a good team who played a C+ game when we needed to bring at least an A- to win in a hostile enviroment. Lets call it what it is rather than losing our minds. If we go 0-6, then lets revisit all of this...and maybe I'll agree with all the pessimissm. Right now, I see nothing to make me think the Steelers won't make the playoffs...yet again.

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm very very worried about my Jets with this upcoming game vs. the Steelers. Although the game you guys played vs. the Broncos was very entertaining, looking at two HOF quarterbacks going at it, I was SORELY hoping you guys would win the game. Playing the Steelers: On the road + home opener + getting players back (Clark, Harrison, Mendenhall?) + Revis may not be 100%, + knowing the Steelers haven't gone 0-2 since 2002 = Me being more frightened than Scooby-Doo confronted with the episode's villain. Still, I want the win...although I don't expect it. Hope it's an exciting game with no one getting hurt.

Go root for another team you naysayer you!!! Oh, wait...you do root for another team. Sorry bout that. ;) I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids!

Welcome to the board...always like it when we get knowledgeable fans from opposing teams visiting our forum (except for the internet tough guys who just come to stir things up).

RuthlessBurgher
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
As effectively as it was executed this past weekend, I would expect it too. It seems to be a trendy thing right now.

Who among the remaining QB's that we'll face could reasonably pull off a healthy dose of the no huddle?

Sanchez? No.
Palmer? No.
Vick? No.
Locker? No.
Dalton? No.
Griffin? No.
Eli? Yes.
Cassel? No.
Flacco? Yes.
Weeden? No.
Rivers? Yes.
Romo? Yes.

Just sayin'...

Oviedo
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Who among the remaining QB's that we'll face could reasonably pull off a healthy dose of the no huddle?

Sanchez? No.
Palmer? No.
Vick? No.
Locker? No.
Dalton? No.
Griffin? No.
Eli? Yes.
Cassel? No.
Flacco? Yes.
Weeden? No.
Rivers? Yes.
Romo? Yes.

Just sayin'...

You bring up a good point with Flacco. The Ravens are using an up tempo, no huddle for much of their offense. How do we get ready for it versus putting out the defensive template?

hawaiiansteel
09-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Another blueprint?

By F. Dale LolleyStaff writerdlolley@observer-reporter.com
9/11/12

http://www.observer-reporter.com/assets/8580889/0911-steelers-instory.jpg

DENVER - In their season-opening 35-7 loss at Baltimore last year, the Steelers saw the Ravens use a lot of cut blocking on nose tackle Casey Hampton to get him on the ground so that they could gash Pittsburgh for 170 rushing yards.

It was a tactic future opponents used with success until the Steelers finally adjusted.

After Denver had success against the Steelers in Sunday night’s 31-19 season-opening victory at Sports Authority Field at Mile High using a no-huddle offense exclusively from the second quarter on, Pittsburgh had better be prepared to see plenty more of that in 2012.

“We practiced against it all week,” said Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley. “We knew they were going to go to the no-huddle at some point. We just gave up some big plays in it.”

None was bigger than a 71-yard catch-and-run to Demaryius Thomas in the third quarter. Thomas caught a simple wide receiver screen at the line of scrimmage, picked up some blocks and ran untouched straight up the field for a score.

That play ruined what was otherwise a dominant third quarter for the Steelers, who ran 28 plays compared to two for the Broncos and held a 14:24-:36 advantage in time of possession yet saw their 10-7 halftime lead turn into a 14-13 deficit.

“We didn’t make significant plays, you know, third-down type plays. Plays to get you off the field,” said Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. “They did. They didn’t have many third-down opportunities, but I think they were like five, six of nine or something like that. We just didn’t make enough football plays, and they did. You’ve got to give credit to them. They executed.”

Peyton Manning completed 19 of 26 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns after a 4-for-7 start once the Broncos went to their no-huddle in the second quarter.

Yes, Manning was coming back after not having played a regular season game in nearly two years, but luckily for the Steelers, not every team has Manning running the no-huddle, an offense he has excelled in throughout his NFL career.

“What can you say? I mean, he’s Peyton Manning,” said Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu. “He’s the same Manning I don’t know how to explain. Everything anybody has ever said about him is probably the same thing I would say.”

But the Steelers feel like they will be better prepared to face similar attacks moving forward.

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison and starting free safety Ryan Clark did not play Sunday night for the Steelers. Harrison should be closer to returning to the lineup after being held out while recovering from arthroscopic knee surgery a little over three weeks ago, while Clark will be back this week against the Jets after sitting out because the game was played in Denver, where the high altitude causes issues with the sickle cell trait that he carries.

“We feel like we’re a better defense than that,” said defensive end Brett Keisel. “We feel like we stopped them pretty good in the first half. I feel like we’ll get better.

“We just couldn’t get to Peyton in the second half. He was getting the ball out quickly. Guys were making plays, and we weren’t.”

Right tackle Marcus Gilbert suffered a hyperextended knee in the third quarter but is expected to be OK. He was replaced by rookie Mike Adams. Right guard Ramon Foster suffered an eye injury and was expected to be evaluated on Monday. He was replaced by Doug Legursky. Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was 10 of 12 for 129 yards on third downs as Pittsburgh converted 11 of 19 third downs. Inside linebacker Larry Foote led the Steelers with eight tackles, one sack and two quarterback hits.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sports11/Steelers-Broncos-wrap