PDA

View Full Version : False Start, Number 74.

D Rock
09-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Willie Colon can move closer to the center, but he still can't resist false starts. I guess it wasn't anything to do with vision problems!

Steelhere10
09-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Willie Colon can move closer to the center, but he still can't resist false starts. I guess it wasn't anything to do with vision problems!Colon is a wasted 5million that should be in Wallace pocket. Until the organization wake up and dump him and Lergursky, the Oline will continue to look the same.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Colon is a wasted 5million that should be in Wallace pocket. Until the organization wake up and dump him and Lergursky, the Oline will continue to look the same.

Legursky is a backup on a one year tender worth $1.26M.

Colon is a starter who was signed to a five year deal with a SB of $6M.

They serve different roles.

pfelix73
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Colon is a wasted 5million that should be in Wallace pocket. Until the organization wake up and dump him and Lergursky, the Oline will continue to look the same.

Some of these posts are comical. I guess this is expected after a loss. Let's see- IF you take Colon off the team and give Wallace his $5 mil, and then you take Legs off the team, who's playing along the OL last night?

OK- I told myself last night that I was gonna refrain from commenting today- I'll go back to lurking...

And for the record, the OL didn't play all that badly last night- considering what all they've been through already.

Steel Life
09-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I thought the O-Line was bad to start, then got better in pass-protection, then shat the bed at the end...it was really deflating. I expected a better running effort than what we saw & the three sacks in the end were just rubbing it in.

7 UP
09-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Willie Colon can move closer to the center, but he still can't resist false starts. I guess it wasn't anything to do with vision problems!

LOL. I heard a rumor it was too hard to hear the snap count from way out there at tackle. Maybe he needs to play center.

fezziwig
09-11-2012, 09:15 AM
LOL. I heard a rumor it was too hard to hear the snap count from way out there at tackle. Maybe he needs to play center.

Ha ! Maybe they can use traffic signals at the end of the field for Willie to see. We are all wrong about Wilie because Arians himself said " Willie Colon is the best right tackle in the NFL " The dredlocks, fatass appearance also makes Colon look a lot cooler don't you think ?

Oviedo
09-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Some of these posts are comical. I guess this is expected after a loss. Let's see- IF you take Colon off the team and give Wallace his $5 mil, and then you take Legs off the team, who's playing along the OL last night?

OK- I told myself last night that I was gonna refrain from commenting today- I'll go back to lurking...

And for the record, the OL didn't play all that badly last night- considering what all they've been through already.

I agree. Given that we went two men down I think the OL did well. Puting Legursky in at RG in place of Foster just took a bad situation to worse. I think Colon is going to excellent at OG. Give the guy a break. he was playing his first real game in almost two years. I think the combination of adrenaline and a little fatique may have been a factor in his jumping. I think he will get better every week.

D Rock
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I agree. Given that we went two men down I think the OL did well. Puting Legursky in at RG in place of Foster just took a bad situation to worse. I think Colon is going to excellent at OG. Give the guy a break. he was playing his first real game in almost two years. I think the combination of adrenaline and a little fatique may have been a factor in his jumping. I think he will get better every week.

If he didn't have a history of false starts, I could understand your point. But in the end, he is still Willie Colon, so I do not understand your point.

fezziwig
09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Oviedo I'm usually in your corner bud D Rock, he summed up how I feel about Colon.

fordfixer
09-11-2012, 11:53 PM
It's the thin Denver air sound don't travel as far there;)

flippy
09-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Maybe Colon was scared the DT was gonna run past him?

NorthCoast
09-12-2012, 07:05 PM
heard a rumor he is deaf in his right ear...splains everything.

fezziwig
09-12-2012, 07:58 PM
What was his excuse when he was right tackle ? He had his left ear towards the signal caller then. I thought he was finally going to show his worth at being a guard because God knows he stunk as a tackle and I have a feeling he will be just as lousy at guard. Just another Dominican they're trying to pass off as a Cuban.

D Rock
09-12-2012, 08:14 PM
I will give Colon this: He is at least 2x or 3x better than Kemoeatu as a LG.

Why?

false start - 5 yards
holding - 10 yards
personal foul - 15 yards

at least Colon is on the low end of that list

fezziwig
09-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Colon was on his back so much I'm surprised he doesn't have his number imprinted in the Bronco's football field. At least Kemoeatu could run block and not get biitch slapped like Colon.

Chadman
09-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Funny how people see things differently. Chadman thought the left side of the line held up ok. Colon looked fine. Starks looked fine. The right side struggled, but then, they are younger...so maybe not as surprising.

squidkid
09-13-2012, 08:25 AM

wallass doesnt want to be steeler longterm

Oviedo
09-13-2012, 09:28 AM
wallass doesnt want to be steeler longterm

Yep...until some of Wallace's supporters "wake up" and realize he doesn't like the everyday, head to head competition with Antonio Brown they won't see he doesn't want to deal with that longterm. He knows that Brown is the real dynamic star and he is a "one trick pony." His performance suffered the second half of last season dealing with that so he sees the handwriting on the wall.

If Wallace does leave I'll bet he signs for only a little more than the Steelers already offered at $9-9.5M per year.