PDA

View Full Version : Hines as a commentator

lloydroid
09-05-2012, 08:00 PM
He's on NFLN right now. Said only difference between Romo and Ben is that Ben won 2 Super Bowls and Romo hasn't, _YET_, more than implying that Romo is every bit as good as a QB than is Big Ben. Why is it that it feels like Hines never really liked Ben? They had chemistry on the field but seemed to not like each other all that much off the field.

Why is it they didn't get along? Any one know?

Slapstick
09-05-2012, 08:03 PM
He's on NFLN right now. Said only difference between Romo and Ben is that Ben won 2 Super Bowls and Romo hasn't, _YET_, more than implying that Romo is every bit as good as a QB than is Big Ben. Why is it that it feels like Hines never really liked Ben? They had chemistry on the field but seemed to not like each other all that much off the field.

He was giving Romo a compliment, not insulting Ben...

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Hines is divorced and associates with known drug dealers, of course. :p

lloydroid
09-05-2012, 08:10 PM
He was giving Romo a compliment, not insulting Ben...

Where there is smoke, there is fire. I have had many other times where he seemed to be kind of ripping on Ben. Or, at least offering back hand compliments. Hines is kind of an angry guy, other than when he was playing, with giant smiles all the time.

fordfixer
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Crash????is that you?

Slapstick
09-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Where there is smoke, there is fire. I have had many other times where he seemed to be kind of ripping on Ben. Or, at least offering back hand compliments. Hines is kind of an angry guy, other than when he was playing, with giant smiles all the time.

Just because Hines was smiling, that doesn't mean he didn't play angry or with a chip on his shoulder...

The only smoke in this Romo comment is the smoke that you're blowing...

Shoe
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
You all also have to take into account he is a terrible commentator and might just be stumbling over his thoughts/words.

SteelCrazy
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Its a fact that a tree does make a sound when it falls and no one is around...How do I know that? Hines was there when it fell.

feltdizz
09-05-2012, 10:12 PM
You all also have to take into account he is a terrible commentator and might just be stumbling over his thoughts/words.

Yep... Hines isn't that good right now...

aggiebones
09-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Crash????is that you?

Popped into my head as well. Crash sock?

lloydroid
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
To Hines' point, he said only difference between Ben and Romo is Romo doesn't have 2 Super Bowl rings, YET. Well, why is that Hines? Ben IS the reason he has 2 rings, Romo would NOT have 2 rings if he QB'd the same teams Ben did, and if Ben was on Romo's Cowboys' team, he'd likely have won a ring or 2 himself. So Hines is a crap commentator. Although Romo looked really good last night. I think he will have a break out year (but no Super Bowl win).

phillyesq
09-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Seems to me he was saying that Romo is a talented passer who uses his mobility in the pocket to overcome a weak line and keep plays alive.

flippy
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
It's a reasonable comparison. Those are 2 guys that make something out of nothing regularly and make it look easy.

Romo looks smallish next to Ben and doesn't have the same arm. But he's also a little more efficient in getting rid of the ball without taking the unnecessary sacks while playing close to the edge like Ben. He doesn't have the sheer size to make the same plays Ben does, but no QB does. But Romo plays about as close to that fine line as any other guy. And their approaches look a little similar to me.

With Romo being undrafted and having the second best QB rating of all time, I think he's done a fairly impressive job. And if his team were a little better, he might have a few rings. I hate Dallas, but I admit, Romo's fun to watch play.