PDA

View Full Version : David Decastro not on IR?

toddjammin
09-04-2012, 07:59 PM
The Steelers roster has him listed as second string behind Ramon Foster. Is Decastro now only going to be out a few weeks?

AkronSteel
09-04-2012, 08:20 PM
From what I hear he may go on this new 8 week IR.....which will give the Steelers the ability to add a little depth. I believe they can make that happen tomorrow!!

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
However, the "little depth" many expect them to add is to bring everyone's favoriate (well, at least Chadman's favorite anyway) Trai Essex back into the fold.

Discipline of Steel
09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
However, the "little depth" many expect them to add is to bring everyone's favoriate (well, at least Chadman's favorite anyway) Trai Essex back into the fold.

We would be better off just keeping DeCastro on the roster.

hawaiiansteel
09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
by Jim Wexell
Sept. 4, 2012

"The Steelers can put DeCastro on injured reserve after 4 p.m. Tuesday, thereby qualifying him for a return after midseason. The Steelers are expected to sign Trai Essex to replace DeCastro, but doing so next week could save the team money as well as keep their options open for a serious injury at a more important position, like quarterback.

The Steelers normally activate only seven offensive linemen, so Mike Adams (LT-RT) and Doug Legursky (C-G) should provide enough flexibility for Denver."

http://pit.scout.com/2/1218050.html

Shawn
09-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Essex is like that rash that just won't go away.

phillyesq
09-05-2012, 11:18 AM
I've read a lot of people speculating that DeCastro won't be placed on the short IR, at least not right away, to give the team some flexibility in case somebody else is injured later.

If the move is made for Essex, it would make sense for the Steelers to wait until after week 1 so that his salary is not guaranteed.