PDA

View Full Version : The Newest from Everyone's favorite villain, Mark Madden

SteelCrazy
09-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Sports Illustrated football guru Peter King says the Steelers will go 8-8 and finish third in the AFC North behind Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Sounds about right.

Black and gold blinders often keep Pittsburgh from seeing the Steelers as they really are. That can make a fall all the more disappointing. The Steelers are an extremely flawed, frayed and fragile team propped up by the best money quarterback in football, but not much else.

James Harrison is among the best outside linebackers in football. But he might not play very much.

Troy Polamalu is among the best safeties in football. But his breakneck style and accrued wear and tear mean the end comes sooner, not later.

Nose tackle is a critical position in the Steelers’ 3-4 defense. Casey Hampton is close to his expiration date.

The problems are many. Some are great. Inexperience at corner opposite Ike Taylor. Ziggy Hood regressed last season. The top half of the 2012 draft class got blown up. David Johnson is out for the year; so much for resurrecting the fullback position. Running back lacks tenure and pedigree.

When you pile it all together, anything better than .500 seems a bit of a reach. The Steelers are beat up already, and the regular season hasn’t yet started.

But Ben Roethlisberger gives the Steelers a shot at the playoffs, the division, postseason success, the Super Bowl, just about anything. Mike Wallace is back, the deep threat, the cherry on top of an excellent receiving corps. David DeCastro’s injury depletes the offensive line, but if Willie Colon stays healthy, he’s a major upgrade.

There’s not necessarily more bad than good, but there’s much more shaky than certain.

It comes down to Roethlisberger. Can he, at 30, find another gear as he enters what should be his prime? Will new offensive coordinator Todd Haley spotlight Roethlisberger and help Wallace chase Larry Fitz money, or lean on Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer by way of appeasing Art Rooney II? "Look, granddaddy, we run the ball!"

Hopefully, Roethlisberger shoulders the burden. If the Steelers lose, he’s going to get blamed no matter how much he’s asked to do, so let him drive the bus.

Speaking of which, can Dwyer wrest the top running back job (or at least significant carries) from Redman? He’s a bit more bruising, a bit more in the Steelers mold. He’s got a bit more pedigree, too: Georgia Tech vs. Bowie State.

Running the ball is crucial from one standpoint: The less that creaky Steelers defense is on the field, the better.

Of all the potential negatives, Harrison’s condition is paramount. Without an effective pass rush, this version of the Steel Curtain really isn’t too difficult to deal with.

Here’s betting Harrison is sidelined more than he plays. Uh-oh.

The AFC North may work in the Steelers’ favor. The Ravens are as old and shopworn as the Steelers, especially at key positions, and their quarterback isn’t as good. Whatever it is the Bengals never had, they still haven’t got.

It’s a crapshoot. But given the early injury concerns and a defense that’s fragile in every sense of the word, 8-8 is my call. Mike Tomlin likes to say “the standard is the standard,” but you can’t sprinkle black and gold pixie dust on Chris Carter and turn him into Harrison.

If the Steelers do miss the playoffs (or go one and done), it’s time for some very hard personnel decisions. Do you risk keeping ‘em too long, or risk ditching ‘em too early?

Mark Madden hosts a radio show 3-6 p.m. weekdays on WXDX-FM (105.9).

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/in-ben-steelers-trust/article_f872ce0b-730d-58f0-9080-c23082d29ed2.html

NorthCoast
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I swear these media types copy from the same script. "Too old, too injured, not your same Steelers a year ago".....

News flash: what team in the league doesn't have flaws? Green Bay is propped up by an elite QB, but have a defense ranked at the bottom. Same with NE. Baltimore is Sugg-less and their OL is almost as big a train wreck as the Steelers. Dallas has a talentless in the secondary.
I suppose if one predicts often enough that the sun won't rise in the morning, eventually that prediction may someday come true. The thing is we probably won't be around to witness it.... same with the sudden demise of the Steelers.

aggiebones
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Some teams are old some young. But they all can have just as many injuries that cripple chances. Same complaints here. Periodically correct due to randomness. So they continue.

Oviedo
09-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Same old "hate talk" from the idiot Madden.

The only thing he said that rings true is:

Without an effective pass rush, this version of the Steel Curtain really isn’t too difficult to deal with.

LeBeau had better find the blitz again and realize that it means more than Woodley or Harrison because the league has that figured out. If it is the same as he did last season then we will be in trouble.

Eich
09-04-2012, 08:18 AM
He's all over the place. What a load of garbage.

He agrees with Peter King that we'll finish behind Baltimore and Cinci. But, "the AFC North may work in the Steelers’ favor. The Ravens are as old and shopworn as the Steelers, especially at key positions, and their quarterback isn’t as good. Whatever it is the Bengals never had, they still haven’t got."

We're going to to 8-8 but, "But Ben Roethlisberger gives the Steelers a shot at the playoffs, the division, postseason success, the Super Bowl, just about anything." Way to go out on a limb there.

Hopefully Ben shoulders the burden. But running the ball is crucial to keep the defense off the field.

The way he wrote this article, no matter what happens, he can claim he was right. Sound like a certain poster on a different and lonely forum.

Oviedo
09-04-2012, 08:48 AM
He's all over the place. What a load of garbage.

He agrees with Peter King that we'll finish behind Baltimore and Cinci. But, "the AFC North may work in the Steelers’ favor. The Ravens are as old and shopworn as the Steelers, especially at key positions, and their quarterback isn’t as good. Whatever it is the Bengals never had, they still haven’t got."

We're going to to 8-8 but, "But Ben Roethlisberger gives the Steelers a shot at the playoffs, the division, postseason success, the Super Bowl, just about anything." Way to go out on a limb there.

Hopefully Ben shoulders the burden. But running the ball is crucial to keep the defense off the field.

The way he wrote this article, no matter what happens, he can claim he was right. Sound like a certain poster on a different and lonely forum.

It is typical Madden garbage. His "gimmick" is to be the local sportscaster who criticizes the local teams. For whatever reason it works because there are enough idiots in Pittsburgh listening that they keep him on. The problem with what he says is that he just makes up crap or paraphrases what others say. Any of a dozen posters on this board could provide more informed sports commentary than he does.

Shawn
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Hey makes his living by pizzing off Steeler fans. Why engage that nonsense?

I believe there are some key areas where we have improved, and others where we have digressed either through injury or age. And while I don't see the Bengals getting any love...they are definately a team on the up. So, saying the Steelers could come in third is not out of the question...while I believe it to be unlikely.

1) A healthy Ben is HUGE...and he wasn't healthy most of last season. I suspect with Haley...Ben will have the biggest season of his career if he can stay healthy.

2) OL...even with the injury to DeCastro...MUCH improved. I believe Colon will be a pro bowl caliber guard. Gilbert will take time to warm up...but I see no reason he should digress this season. Starks being back is HUGE. Pouncey is elite. Foster is the only weak link and I think he is more than serviceable. That certainly beats our patch work line of last season...which will help Ben stay healthy and will break open the running game.

3) I believe we have the best 4 WRs in the NFL...Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery...that is tough. Adding Rainey to that mix...is just stupid with talent and speed.

4) While Mendenhall is hurt, I actually think the run game will be much improved by better OL play, and hopefully a better system. If Dwyer can stay healthy he could have a huge season.

5) On D...the DL might be young but it's briming with talent. Hood, Keisel, Heyward, McLendon, Hampton...great combo of youth with savvy veteran leadership. I consider the DL the strength of this D.

6) The LBrs are a major concern. If Woodley is healthy he should have a big year. Allowing Timmons to play ILB will certainly help him to have a pro bowl season...but Foote is not the solution...Spence getting injured was huge...and can Harrison stay on the field? Lots of questions and concerns.

7) Troy is starting to show his age...Clark has never been more than serviceable. Our safeties are a concern.
8) DBs...I actually think this is a strength. Lewis has shown me that he can be very solid....Ike is Ike...Allen looks like he could be the real deal. I'm very excited about our DBs this season.

Starlifter
09-04-2012, 11:06 AM
If I could objectively and expertly evaluate talent - I wouldn't be typing here, I'd be in my NFL office. Like most I think madden is an idiot who says things just to get a response. he's a 'shock jock', nothing more - although it gets him appearances on NFL 'top ten' broadcasts.

from my amateur viewpoint, I am cautiously optimistic about the season. For reasons I can't pinpoint I sense this will be a 10-6 season. The O-line is better, but unproven. The defense has a nice mix of young/experienced so there is potential there - let's see if it's realized. combine that with the first year of a new OC and I think it translates into 10 wins and a wildcard berth.

but what do I know? I'm typing from my house, not the south side........

Oviedo
09-04-2012, 11:11 AM
If I could objectively and expertly evaluate talent - I wouldn't be typing here, I'd be in my NFL office. Like most I think madden is an idiot who says things just to get a response. he's a 'shock jock', nothing more - although it gets him appearances on NFL 'top ten' broadcasts.

from my amateur viewpoint, I am cautiously optimistic about the season. For reasons I can't pinpoint I sense this will be a 10-6 season. The O-line is better, but unproven. The defense has a nice mix of young/experienced so there is potential there - let's see if it's realized. combine that with the first year of a new OC and I think it translates into 10 wins and a wildcard berth.

but what do I know? I'm typing from my house, not the south side........

I agree but I'm going one better at 11-5. IMO the Ravens are way overrated and they lost their best player on defense. The Bumgals need a whole lot to go right for them. Do they even have a running game?

I think we will win the AFC North but we shouldn't kid ourseleves. Our defense is getting thin at LB and Safety. We got way to comfoortable with the players we have had for awhile. One serious injury at either or both and it could cost us three more games.

Eich
09-04-2012, 11:41 AM
I actually wouldn't have such an issue with Madden being a "shock jock" if he said something and stuck with it. But he didn't say anything. He didn't try to convince us of anything. He basicaly just said, "The Steelers could suck. But they could be good. Or they could be great.".

Slapstick
09-04-2012, 11:55 AM
Ask yourself these questions:

1) How many games did the Steelers win last year?

2) Overall, is the team better or worse than last year?

3) Is the schedule more difficult than last year?

The answers:

1) 12 games

2) Overall? Better, IMO...I think the team will end up healthier at the end of this year as opposed to the end of last year...I also think that the lack of TOs was an abberation last year...

3) Tougher. Last year, we played the AFC South and this year we play the AFC West...kind of a push, IMO...the big difference comes with the NFL schedule...the NFC East is much tougher than the NFC West...

But, other than a week three Oakland trip, the Steelers don't have to go all the way to the West coast...road trips to Denver and Dallas are the next farthest...also, three out of the last four games are at Heinz Field...

Other than unforeseen disasters like season ending injuries, I don't see any reason that the Steelers can't continue to do well...they have gone 12-4 in three of the last four seasons...

All things being equal, I can't see why they won't win at least ten games and as many as twelve...

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2012, 12:28 PM
But, other than a week three Oakland trip, the Steelers don't have to go all the way to the West coast...road trips to Denver and Dallas are the next farthest...also, three out of the last four games are at Heinz Field...

An interesting point about the travel...our two longest travel trips to Denver and Oakland are out of the way in September, and are then followed up with a bye. After that? Traveling to the Titans, Bengals, Giants, Browns, and Ravens won't put a ton of frequent flyer miles on our cards. The only trip that isn't a hop/skip/jump away from Pittsburgh is Dallas in December, and as you mentioned already, that trip is sandwiched around 3 other December games at home.

fezziwig
09-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Same old "hate talk" from the idiot Madden.

The only thing he said that rings true is:

LeBeau had better find the blitz again and realize that it means more than Woodley or Harrison because the league has that figured out. If it is the same as he did last season then we will be in trouble.

Brother you said it. Brady figured out our scheme along time ago and Lebeau does need to figure out another way to get to the QB's in this league. And also stop the run and to get off the field on third down.

Oviedo
09-04-2012, 01:13 PM
An interesting point about the travel...our two longest travel trips to Denver and Oakland are out of the way in September, and are then followed up with a bye. After that? Traveling to the Titans, Bengals, Giants, Browns, and Ravens won't put a ton of frequent flyer miles on our cards. The only trip that isn't a hop/skip/jump away from Pittsburgh is Dallas in December, and as you mentioned already, that trip is sandwiched around 3 other December games at home.

September will be a tough month for us. Playing in Denver is never easy, same with Oakland. I think we will handle the Jets.

It will nice to have the bye before the Eagles show up. That will be a tough game and their defense gives us fits as we saw during the preseason.

fezziwig
09-04-2012, 01:28 PM
I think we improved with Keenan Lewis. I think we will improve with McClendon if he gets to play. We haven't had the run stopping plays since Aron Smith has been injured and that's a moot point since he is gone. I doubt Ziggy will ever match up to Aron Smith. Ziggy can lift all the weights in the world but he doesn't have the technique as of yet and may never gain it.
I do think our o-line is and will be better. Our receiving core should be better. Our kicker and punter aer below average. Our special teams coverage sucks. Rainey is a improvement for special teams and they should keep him there. He'll get killed if Tomlin wants him to play in the games. Maybe Ben and Haley were saving Heath Miller during the pre-season but if they don't find a way to get him some tosses it will be a waste of talent.
I don't think Foote will be half as affective as old number 51 James farrior and one of my all time Steelers. Harrison is a shadow of what he used to be. Timmons is either hurt playing his position or healthy playing out of his position so, he's a non factor. Troy isn't the spark plug he used to be. Clark isn't the hard hitting guy he used to be. Lebeaus defense in general despite being ranked number one isn't the ex-factor that shuts teams down when needed.
Our divisional opponents are moving up the ladder or have just figured us out. I'm still not sold on the Bengals because everyone wants to hand them the keys to the car. The Ravens have a head hunting coach, a QB that wants to prove himself so badly, a defense that can eat up Ben and an offense that gets around/over on our our defense.
I too picked the Steelers to be 8-8 or at best 9-7 ............... but hey ! ...........I 'm always wrong, just ask mt wife.

And by the way, everyteam gets older has injuries and is missing this or that that makes them the cut above but for some reason, the Steelers never get that favored point of view. As soon as I start showing our Steelers the love, I get the rug pulled right out from under me. I'm sticking with the glass is half empty.

Oviedo
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
I think we improved with Keenan Lewis. I think we will improve with McClendon if he gets to play. We haven't had the run stopping plays since Aron Smith has been injured and that's a moot point since he is gone. I doubt Ziggy will ever match up to Aron Smith. Ziggy can lift all the weights in the world but he doesn't have the technique as of yet and may never gain it.
I do think our o-line is and will be better. Our receiving core should be better. Our kicker and punter aer below average. Our special teams coverage sucks. Rainey is a improvement for special teams and they should keep him there. He'll get killed if Tomlin wants him to play in the games. Maybe Ben and Haley were saving Heath Miller during the pre-season but if they don't find a way to get him some tosses it will be a waste of talent.
I don't think Foote will be half as affective as old number 51 James farrior and one of my all time Steelers. Harrison is a shadow of what he used to be. Timmons is either hurt playing his position or healthy playing out of his position so, he's a non factor. Troy isn't the spark plug he used to be. Clark isn't the hard hitting guy he used to be. Lebeaus defense in general despite being ranked number one isn't the ex-factor that shuts teams down when needed.
Our divisional opponents are moving up the ladder or have just figured us out. I'm still not sold on the Bengals because everyone wants to hand them the keys to the car. The Ravens have a head hunting coach, a QB that wants to prove himself so badly, a defense that can eat up Ben and an offense that gets around/over on our our defense.
I too picked the Steelers to be 8-8 or at best 9-7 ............... but hey ! ...........I 'm always wrong, just ask mt wife.

And by the way, everyteam gets older has injuries and is missing this or that that makes them the cut above but for some reason, the Steelers never get that favored point of view. As soon as I start showing our Steelers the love, I get the rug pulled right out from under me. I'm sticking with the glass is half empty.

We won't lose games because of opponents beating us with the run. We will lose games because we can't get to the opposing QB. That is how the NFL is today. Unless we figure out how to get pressure on the passer it is going to be hard. You are right Harrison is probably in his last year and will unlikely make it through the season without missing games. Woodely needs to have his best season. However, the rest of the league has the OLB rush figured out. LeBeau needs to use some of his "genius" and really innovate versus pulling out the same template we have seen for the past few years. What happened to the ILB blitz? Safety blitzes? CB blitzes?

Can you really be a dominant 3-4 defense with a LB group as weak as ours is because of the injuries?

fezziwig
09-04-2012, 02:05 PM
I agree that getting to the QB is key. Cut off the head and the body goes with it.

BigRob
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Brother you said it. Brady figured out our scheme along time ago and Lebeau does need to figure out another way to get to the QB's in this league. And also stop the run and to get off the field on third down.

Lebeau seemed to figure him out last season a little. :p What say you?

Slapstick
09-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Timmons is either hurt playing his position or healthy playing out of his position so, he's a non factor.

Timmons has started 44 out of the last 48 games for the Steelers, not counting playoffs...it isn't like he's been hurt a lot over the last few years...

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2012, 03:32 PM
I recall at least a couple of corner blitzes from Cortez Allen and a couple of safety blitzes from Robert Golden in the last 2 preseason games (which typically feature only vanilla defense). Could be a promising sign for the regular season.

Shoe
09-04-2012, 03:57 PM
It is typical Madden garbage. His "gimmick" is to be the local sportscaster who criticizes the local teams. For whatever reason it works because there are enough idiots in Pittsburgh listening that they keep him on. The problem with what he says is that he just makes up crap or paraphrases what others say. Any of a dozen posters on this board could provide more informed sports commentary than he does.

Exactly right. The guy is a fat turd, who is long past HIS expriration date.

fezziwig
09-04-2012, 06:20 PM
My anxiety level rises when I watch the NFL channel and they're doing segments on the Steelers or they're doing a segemnt on the most famous NFL voices or the best linebacker group etc, etc and they seem to have all these pleasant brodcasters that dress proffesional, speak proffesional, weigh under 1000 lbs and then we have Madden to represent our team, our city. Makes my skin craw seeing that rotted tooth ball of walking talking vomit.

Notleadpoisoned
09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Exactly right. The guy is a fat turd, who is long past HIS expriration date.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9j24o_gene-okerlund-vs-mark-madden_sport

RuthlessBurgher
09-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I can't believe I watched that whole pathetic thing. Just like Madden couldn't believe that a female actually came in contact with his crotch. What a piece of crap.

DukieBoy
09-04-2012, 10:30 PM
​Mark who ?

fezziwig
09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
I can't believe I watched that whole pathetic thing. Just like Madden couldn't believe that a female actually came in contact with his crotch. What a piece of crap.

Someone needs to tell Madden , " when he pays for a female, it doesn't really count like it's a real attraction or a relationship in the real world "

RuthlessBurgher
09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
It would be funny to have a looping animated gif of that lady wrestler just repeatedly hitting Madden in the huevos.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/-tbxiw5h1PoA/StvYrnbPN3I/AAAAAAAAmKE/ZZMHXEkStKc/Mark%252520Madden.jpg

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
​Mark who ?

James Harrison doesn't know who he is either...:p

lloydroid
09-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Hey makes his living by pizzing off Steeler fans. Why engage that nonsense?

Exactly; he's just a turd who tries to incite anger from Steeler fans. Whoopity dooo, like I give two sh-ts about what that fat @ss has to say.

I believe there are some key areas where we have improved, and others where we have digressed either through injury or age. And while I don't see the Bengals getting any love...they are definately a team on the up. So, saying the Steelers could come in third is not out of the question...while I believe it to be unlikely.

They are still the Bengals, owned and ran by Mike Brown, meaning they will F up more than get better, on average. We will see how good Dalton is as teams now have film on him. He will probably remain solid, but not elite. Ravens have every bit as many questions as do the Steelers. And you want to talk about getting old? Their STAR MLB is 37, their star safety is what? 35? It's funny how all the media pukes keep saying Pgh's D is old, as they did last year, when PS were, what, bottom 1/2 of the league? On the same level as the horrid GB and NE Dees? Oh, no, that's right, Pgh was still the BEST DEFENSE IN THE NFL last year. THIS is the D that is such a concern? No other contender has a D any better.

1) A healthy Ben is HUGE...and he wasn't healthy most of last season. I suspect with Haley...Ben will have the biggest season of his career if he can stay healthy.

I think so. As long as the O line doesn't lose anymore players - maybe we can afford a few lost games here and there, but if the OL is fairly stable, and can actually get a rushing game going, then Ben will have a huge year, with Brown, Wallace, Sanders, Coutcery, Miller, Rainey.....wow.

2) OL...even with the injury to DeCastro...MUCH improved. I believe Colon will be a pro bowl caliber guard. Gilbert will take time to warm up...but I see no reason he should digress this season. Starks being back is HUGE. Pouncey is elite. Foster is the only weak link and I think he is more than serviceable. That certainly beats our patch work line of last season...which will help Ben stay healthy and will break open the running game.

Yep

3) I believe we have the best 4 WRs in the NFL...Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery...that is tough. Adding Rainey to that mix...is just stupid with talent and speed.

Indeed. (I should have read whole post before responding to each point.) :D

hawaiiansteel
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Some teams are old some young.

Ed: Steelers have 8th-Oldest Roster in NFL

WEDNESDAY, 05 SEPTEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

The Steelers have the eighth-oldest roster in the National Football League, according to STATS.

Based on Active Roster (age as of 09/05/2012)

Team Years Days Players

1. Detroit Lions 27 326 53
2. San Diego Chargers 27 292 52
3. Atlanta Falcons 27 183 53
4. Arizona Cardinals 27 141 53
5. San Francisco 49ers 27 121 53
6. Buffalo Bills 27 81 53
7. Chicago Bears 27 67 53
8. Pittsburgh Steelers 27 61 53
9. Baltimore Ravens 27 23 53
10. Oakland Raiders 27 7 53
11. Denver Broncos 26 355 53
12. Washington Redskins 26 333 53
13. New York Giants 26 327 53
14. Houston Texans 26 327 53
15. New Orleans Saints 26 308 53
16. New York Jets 26 248 52
17. Carolina Panthers 26 203 53
18. Jacksonville Jaguars 26 196 54
19. Dallas Cowboys 26 154 53
20. Tennessee Titans 26 145 53
21. Indianapolis Colts 26 138 53
22. Cincinnati Bengals 26 120 53
23. Kansas City Chiefs 26 115 53
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 26 100 53
25. New England Patriots 26 88 53
26. Seattle Seahawks 26 78 53
27. Green Bay Packers 26 73 53
28. Minnesota Vikings 26 54 53
29. Miami Dolphins 26 47 52
30. Philadelphia Eagles 26 19 53
31. Cleveland Browns 26 8 53
32. St. Louis Rams 25 300 53

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117912-ed-steelers-have-8th-oldest-roster-in-nfl

lloydroid
09-05-2012, 07:21 PM
my anxiety level rises when i watch the nfl channel and they're doing segments on the steelers or they're doing a segemnt on the most famous nfl voices or the best linebacker group etc, etc and they seem to have all these pleasant brodcasters that dress proffesional, speak proffesional, weigh under 1000 lbs and then we have madden to represent our team, our city. Makes my skin craw seeing that rotted tooth ball of walking talking vomit.

rotmfflmmfao

lloydroid
09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Ed: Steelers have 8th-Oldest Roster in NFL

WEDNESDAY, 05 SEPTEMBER 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

The Steelers have the eighth-oldest roster in the National Football League, according to STATS.

Based on Active Roster (age as of 09/05/2012)

Team Years Days Players

1. Detroit Lions 27 326 53
2. San Diego Chargers 27 292 52
3. Atlanta Falcons 27 183 53
4. Arizona Cardinals 27 141 53
5. San Francisco 49ers 27 121 53
6. Buffalo Bills 27 81 53
7. Chicago Bears 27 67 53
8. Pittsburgh Steelers 27 61 53
9. Baltimore Ravens 27 23 53
10. Oakland Raiders 27 7 53
11. Denver Broncos 26 355 53
12. Washington Redskins 26 333 53
13. New York Giants 26 327 53
14. Houston Texans 26 327 53
15. New Orleans Saints 26 308 53
16. New York Jets 26 248 52
17. Carolina Panthers 26 203 53
18. Jacksonville Jaguars 26 196 54
19. Dallas Cowboys 26 154 53
20. Tennessee Titans 26 145 53
21. Indianapolis Colts 26 138 53
22. Cincinnati Bengals 26 120 53
23. Kansas City Chiefs 26 115 53
24. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 26 100 53
25. New England Patriots 26 88 53
26. Seattle Seahawks 26 78 53
27. Green Bay Packers 26 73 53
28. Minnesota Vikings 26 54 53
29. Miami Dolphins 26 47 52
30. Philadelphia Eagles 26 19 53
31. Cleveland Browns 26 8 53
32. St. Louis Rams 25 300 53

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117912-ed-steelers-have-8th-oldest-roster-in-nfl

How does Detroit have the oldest team, with so many young nucleus players?

ikestops85
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
The top 14 teams are all within a year of each other. The entire list from top to bottom is within 2 years and 26 days. This really tells me nothing. It's not like we have a team that averages 4 or 5 years older than another team.

The list I think that would be interesting is the average age of the starters for all teams. That might tell us something.

:tt2:tt2

fezziwig
09-06-2012, 06:00 PM
rotmfflmmfao

Would you decipher this for me please ?

RuthlessBurgher
09-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Would you decipher this for me please ?

He's rolling on the floor and laughing his backside off (with a couple of maternal fornications in there for good measure). :p

fezziwig
09-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks Ruthless, I guess it is kind of funny comparing Madden to humans.