PDA

View Full Version : Harrison, Worilds activated from PUP list

hawaiiansteel
08-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Wallace signs tender; Harrison, Worilds activated

The Steelers made several roster moves today that included wide receiver Mike Wallace signing his tender, the team announced today.

Wallace, in his fourth year with the team, signed his tender and will be eligible to practice with the team beginning Monday, Sept. 3. Wallace has played in 48 career games with 34 starts, and he was named a Pro Bowl starter following the 2011 season.

Additionally, the Steelers activated veteran linebackers James Harrison and Jason Worilds from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List.

Harrison is in his ninth season with the Steelers and has played in 118 career games with 82 starts. He has been named a starter in five straight Pro Bowls and was named the AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2008. Harrison was recovering from a knee and back injury.

Worilds is in his third year with the Steelers after being drafted in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He has played in 26 career games with seven starts, and he was recovering from a wrist injury.

Also, the Steelers have released running back Jason Ford, who was signed earlier in training camp.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Wallace-signs-tender-Harrison-Worilds-activated/a4c60d29-8e6b-48f1-8037-e2c24a315de6

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2012, 07:03 PM
Also, the Steelers have released running back Jason Ford, who was signed earlier in training camp.

So much for the minibus talk.

lloydroid
08-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Worilds has disappointed. I mean, hell, if your last name is "Worilds" instead of "Worlds" that's a bad sign to begin with. That "i" just doesn't belong in there. He is not as advertised. Just doesn't seem to do anything when he is in there.

Sugar
08-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Glad to see all of them back. The team is starting to gel into what it should be for the year and I feel much better about that with Deebo and Wallace there.

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Worilds has disappointed. I mean, hell, if your last name is "Worilds" instead of "Worlds" that's a bad sign to begin with. That "i" just doesn't belong in there. He is not as advertised. Just doesn't seem to do anything when he is in there.

Are you suggesting that he change his name back to Jason Adjepong again?

Oviedo
08-29-2012, 10:23 AM

Not sure I would characterize being third on the team in QB pressures last year as disappointing. What would exactly please you? Beat out Harrison? Who else in the nfl would do that? Maybe graduate from Penn State?;)

phillyesq
08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
So much for the minibus talk.

He looked more like a poor man's Carey Davis than a minibus, but in any event, it looks like that has come to an end. It also appears that Will Johnson has made the team as a FB, with Ford, Peelle and McCoy all cut.

phillyesq
08-29-2012, 12:56 PM
Not sure I would characterize being third on the team in QB pressures last year as disappointing. What would exactly please you? Beat out Harrison? Who else in the nfl would do that? Maybe graduate from Penn State?;)

Worilds did do a nice job last year. As you mentioned, third in pressures despite limited playing time. I'd like to see him finish a few more of those plays and turn the pressures into sacks, but the really big key for him at this point is staying healthy. It would be nice if he could give Harrison and/or Woodley a breather from time to time.

Shoe
08-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Are you suggesting that he change his name back to Jason Adjepong again?

Is that his real name?

RuthlessBurgher
08-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Is that his real name?

His mother's name was Worilds and his father's name was Adjepong. He was named Jason Adjepong up to and including his freshman year at Virginia Tech. Then he legally changed his name to his mom's name as a tribute to her. He's been Jason Worilds since then.

DukieBoy
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
Colbert will need to start drafting players with "normal" spelled names then. Would that be a high priority?
:confused:

Start by cutting anybody with a useless extra vowel in their last name, like #56, #99, #7.

A little more patience with #93 is warranted (it worked out well with #92).

lloydroid
08-29-2012, 06:00 PM
Colbert will need to start drafting players with "normal" spelled names then. Would that be a high priority?
:confused:

Start by cutting anybody with a useless extra vowel in their last name, like #56, #99, #7.

A little more patience with #93 is warranted (it worked out well with #92).

Worilds will never be deserving of carrying #92's jock strap, let alone be compared to him on the field. Worilds will never play any where near Harrison's level, not even close. It's unlikely Worilds will ever even be the starter unless we have a lot of injuries. Carter is already better than JW. JW is a bust, along the lines of Alonzo Jackson.

Steelerphile
08-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Worilds will never be deserving of carrying #92's jock strap, let alone be compared to him on the field. Worilds will never play any where near Harrison's level, not even close. It's unlikely Worilds will ever even be the starter unless we have a lot of injuries. Carter is already better than JW. JW is a bust, along the lines of Alonzo Jackson.

Worilds was probably hurt last year also and did a good job. Carter hasn't proven that he is better that Worilds. He's only played in the preseason. He has quickness and and has increased his power but I don't think Carter has been so impressive that he will make anyone forget any of the Steeler's better linebackers. He is still a work in progress himself. Carter will never be deserving of carrying Harrison's jock for that matter. The main thing that concerns me about Worilds is whether he will ever be completely healthy. We have not seen the best of him and sadly maybe we never will.

Sugar
08-29-2012, 07:10 PM

It's surprising to me that you can tell us all what a player will never be. Of course, it's a safe bet because 99% of the LB's in the history of the NFL aren't comparable to Deebo. That said, Deebo himself was cut a number of times for a reason. Worilds has been coming along at what I see as an acceptable pace one would expect in this system, sans injuries. While Carter has looked good this pre-season, that really hasn't meant a whole lot yet.

BURGH86STEEL
08-29-2012, 07:24 PM
It will be nice if Worilds can stay healthy so the team can evaluate what he can do on a consistent basis.

hawaiiansteel
08-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Wake-up call: Harrison to practice Monday

August, 29, 2012
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

STEELERS: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that linebacker James Harrison (knee), who was activated off the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, will practice Monday. If there is no setback, the expectation is for Harrison to play in the season opener at Denver, although he may be limited. The same goes for backup linebacker Jason Worilds, who is recovering from wrist surgery. Even if Harrison is on a snap count, it would be a big boost for the Steelers. In going against Peyton Manning in the season opener, Pittsburgh needs Harrison to be on the field in pass-rushing situations.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/53658/wake-up-3

hawaiiansteel
09-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Mike Bires ‏@mikebires:

James Harrison said he isn't sure if he'll be able to play Sunday nite in Denver

http://twitter.com/mikebires