PDA

View Full Version : So is Wallace reporting or...

JDSteeler
08-27-2012, 12:44 AM
...NOT!!!!

At this point, I would just waive this b!tch!!!

JD

pittpete
08-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Do you feel better now to get that off your chest?:D

steelblood
08-27-2012, 06:34 AM
That would be a stupid move.

flippy
08-27-2012, 09:41 AM
People are guessing tomorrow so he doesn't have to play at Carolina this week.

aggiebones
08-27-2012, 09:42 AM
He is just making sure that he does not have to play in any of the preseason game. And by the same token he is going to make sure that he does not get hurt all year long which means he will be a p u s s.

JDSteeler
08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
So much for playing hard during that "Contract Year"...

JD

Sugar
08-27-2012, 11:30 AM
I hope so- we need him!

SteelBucks
08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
IMO, he'll report tomorrow. The new CBA would prevent him from playing in the final preseason game against Carolina.....which is what he wants.

squidkid
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
i hope like hell the steelers dont offer him a fair contract anymore. let the POS play for the 2.7(which should have been lowered) this year

toddjammin
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
per PFT, will sign tender tonight and report tomorrow

bayz101
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/mike-wallace-colbert-talks-steelers.jpg

Wallace to sign tender Tuesday

SteelersXtreme.com

Finally, there's going to be a tender moment between Mike Wallace and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

After almost an entire off-season of drama, speculation, rumors, and conflicting reports, Wallace will finally end his holdout with the Steelers on Tuesday and will sign his 1-year, $2.74 million tender offer, according to Aditi Kinkhabwala of NFL Network. Earlier today, Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review also posted on Twitter that Wallace would be returning Tuesday.

After he signs the tender offer, Wallace will be able to return to the negotiating table with the Steelers' front office and attempt to secure a long-term contract with the team before the start of the regular season. The Steelers historically do not negotiate contracts after the regular season starts, so the Pro Bowl receiver will have until the first game of the 2012 season, Sept. 9, to sign a new deal; otherwise, he'll be playing for his tender amount and will become an unrestricted free agent after the season.

Read more: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t3194-wallace-to-sign-tender-tuesday

bayz101
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Mike Wallace hasn't participated in any of the Pittsburgh Steelers' offseason activities, but he'll arrive in town Monday night and report to the team facility Tuesday, two team sources confirmed.

Wallace has not signed his $2.742 million restricted free-agent tender.

NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport recently reported Wallace had informed some of his Steelers teammates that he intended to rejoin the team this past weekend.

Read more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055338/article/mike-wallace-to-rejoin-pittsburgh-steelers-on-tuesday?module=HP11_headline_stack

hawaiiansteel
08-27-2012, 05:20 PM
MONDAY, 27 AUGUST 2012 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

Keenan Lewis, Mike Wallace’s close friend and former high school teammate, told me today that he expects Wallace to be at the team’s facility some time today. Now, that could be anytime between now and 7 p.m. for all we know.

Wallace is in town and ready to report, but apparently hasn’t actually signed, you know, his contract. Until he does that, nothing happens. What he’s waiting for is anyone’s guess. Maybe he wants to wait until after 4 p.m. so there would be no way they could put him in Thursday’s game after the three-day waiting period (it starts Tuesday if it happens after 4 p.m. today).

The Steelers, though, aren’t going to throw him into Thursday’s game without benefit of practice. How would that benefit them?

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/117782-ed-surgery-will-determine-extent-of-decastros-injuries

Djfan
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I just don't get his methods. What was he thinking? I hope this works out.

SteelCrazy
08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
I just hope he signs and all of this goes away with a 99 yard TD pass in Denver

Djfan
08-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I just hope he signs and all of this goes away with a 99 yard TD pass in Denver

Or two.

Or three.....

aggiebones
08-27-2012, 06:00 PM
I agree. In hindsight, they should have lowered is tender offer when they had the chance.

flippy
08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Whatever. Wallace has to do whatever he has to do. Just show up and ball like you're capable. And have your best season ever and help us win #7.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I agree. In hindsight, they should have lowered is tender offer when they had the chance.

what would that have accomplished?

if I were wallace and they had done that, I wouldn't have reported until week 10 and got my service year.

by not doing it, the steelers made it worth it for wallace to come in and play a full season. Another rational decision from the FO. And for all those who want to roll their eyes and puff their chest out about wallace being soft and scared to get injured, look no further than david decastro.

Too many knee jerk reactions around here.

flippy
08-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Too many knee jerk reactions around here.

we are fans. that's how we're supposed to react. let the FO do what they do, and we'll do what we do, and wallace will do what he does. and it'll all come together somehow like it always does :)

Eddie Spaghetti
08-27-2012, 06:43 PM
well I disagree.

the vitriol towards wallace has been over the top, IMO.

flippy
08-27-2012, 07:26 PM
well I disagree.

the vitriol towards wallace has been over the top, IMO.

I don't read the negative comments as vitriol. i see them more as guys getting frustrated because they really want wally on the field and contributing.

I'd even go as far as to say some of the most negative may be the guys that care about wally the most.

It actually kind of sucks how both sides use the media a little to influence the fans. Sometimes I wish we went back to simpler times when these things just worked themselves out and we never got in the middle of it all.

It seems a reasonable question to want to know what a reasonable number is for both sides. None of us will ever really know the Steelers strategy, so we try to guess. And the problem is there's no right answer for everyone. And there's a lot of balancing risk. For the Steelers, fair would be $2.7M + 3-4 additional years at $10M and then fudge in some discount depending on how much is guaranteed and how soon wally gets the money.

On Wally's side, he can fairly ask for more because his agent probably knows the Steelers won't be able to easily franchise him next year. And that's the sticking point most likely in the negotiation.

The other thing is Wally is almost assured to get paid more by taking the $2.7M and waiting until next year. But he could get hurt. And Haley and the Steelers could call other guys numbers to keep his value down. So when he comes back around, he should probably take close to what the Steelers are offering. It's in both sides interests.

The one thing no one knows is maybe the Steelers don't really want to sign him long term. No one has said anything along those lines, but there's a chance it could be true because at the end of the day, they may know what Wallace is worth and may not be willing to tie up that many dollars for the WR position. And they may be doing Wally a favor in not saying it to help him next year.

At the end of this, we all pretty much know nothing. And anything could be happening.

Eddie Spaghetti
08-27-2012, 08:02 PM
good post flip.

the only disagreement I would have with is the statement about using the media to influence fans. I haven't seen any of that from the wallace camp or the steeelers camp, which is a credit to both of them.

I completely understand what wallace is doing and I can't say I blame him one bit. Contrary to public opinion here, he doesn't owe the steelers a damn thing. Not like we need another post on the topic, but I did it anyways.

edit- and maybe the part about the ones tearing him down care the most. It seems like some here were waiting to jump on the "one trick pony" and anoint their guy as the better player.

flippy
08-27-2012, 08:17 PM
good post flip.

the only disagreement I would have with is the statement about using the media to influence fans. I haven't seen any of that from the wallace camp or the steeelers camp, which is a credit to both of them.

I completely understand what wallace is doing and I can't say I blame him one bit. Contrary to public opinion here, he doesn't owe the steelers a damn thing. Not like we need another post on the topic, but I did it anyways.

edit- and maybe the part about the ones tearing him down care the most. It seems like some here were waiting to jump on the "one trick pony" and anoint their guy as the better player.

they probably did as well as they could keeping stuff out of the media. we saw some numbers thrown around and some comparisons to other contracts. there wasn't a lot. and wally said not to believe everything you read. so even though wally seemed to be the one dragging this thing out, i do think those leaks could have come form the steelers to try put a little pressure wally. it seemed there was a little something going on there that wasn't completely on the up and up. unless a reporter was making up the story which you can't put past those guys either. afterall, you can make somewhat educated guess on this stuff based on past trends and other comparable players.

i blame the "one trick pony" on tomlin as his way to motivate wally. it's clear he's not. his numbers show him to be effective in short, medium, and deep routes. i think tomlin just takes jabs because he's always making big plays deep.

so i'm not even sure that's what fans don't like. i do think it might be his hands compared to some other top WRs. he does catch a lot in his breadbasket afterall. that's my only knock on his game right now. but he does hold the ball and makes it work.