PDA

View Full Version : Will Steelers Work the Waiver Wires?

flippy
08-26-2012, 10:09 AM
I think we should be on the lookout for a K, P, RB, OL, S, LB.

Any predictions on what they might do?

pfelix73
08-26-2012, 10:40 AM
They have a K, they have a P- so no on those.
Maybe a RB, but probably not.
Probably not on OL either

I would say- FB or FB/TE

Keyplay1
08-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I think we should be on the lookout for a K, P, RB, OL, S, LB.

Any predictions on what they might do?

---I'm assuming you're talking a proven vet type.

Other than the general policy [like they always say] that they are always on the lookout to improve the team --- probably not. Although if a proven ILB type that could back up both Timmons and Foote comes loose, then maybe. As much as I like SSy and SSp plus newer guys Ivy and Ryan Baker, none of then have any real experience.

Then again, have not the Steelers had some success in getting PK - P W"from other teams extras.

Since 92 the Steelers up until 07 when they drafted Sep picked up their PK-P off the wire or FA.92-94 Gary Anderson 95- 98 Norm Johnson 99-01 Kris Brown 02 Kent Peterson 03 until recently Jeff Reed. Punters 92 Mark Royals 96 Josh Miller 04 Gardocki 07 Sep. And now quite a few new guys.

Almost all these guys were really very very good. Except for that Peterson, these guys were all excellent. Do you really think they need one now though?

steelblood
08-27-2012, 06:38 AM
---I'm assuming you're talking a proven vet type.

Other than the general policy [like they always say] that they are always on the lookout to improve the team --- probably not. Although if a proven ILB type that could back up both Timmons and Foote comes loose, then maybe. As much as I like SSy and SSp plus newer guys Ivy and Ryan Baker, none of then have any real experience.

Then again, have not the Steelers had some success in getting PK - P W"from other teams extras.

Since 92 the Steelers up until 07 when they drafted Sep picked up their PK-P off the wire or FA.92-94 Gary Anderson 95- 98 Norm Johnson 99-01 Kris Brown 02 Kent Peterson 03 until recently Jeff Reed. Punters 92 Mark Royals 96 Josh Miller 04 Gardocki 07 Sep. And now quite a few new guys.

Almost all these guys were really very very good. Except for that Peterson, these guys were all excellent. Do you really think they need one now though?

Sylvestor has started at least one game and played in garbage time. Plus, he's been here for years (3 training camps and many preseason games). Experience with this defense is key.

phillyesq
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
I can see the Steelers looking hard for depth at TE or FB, or perhaps even a #5 corner. I would lean towards keeping Golden and just 4 corners, but none of the corners competing for the #5 spot have really impressed. If anything, I think that Victorian has probably looked the best, but I see him as more p.s. material.

flippy
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I was thinking of veterans that could step in to play if needed at each position.