PDA

View Full Version : Same problem, different year...

Steel Life
08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Last year it was Farrior who was slow & ineffective in the middle, this year it appears to be Foote who takes that role. He is continually a step late covering the crosses in the middle & Arians knows it...& if Arians knows it the rest of the league is sure to know it too. We've all know this is a passing game now & if we can't address the glaring hole in the middle of our defense, get ready to see a steady diet of motion crosses & easy 3rd-down conversions...teams like the Pats will eat us alive.

Snatch98
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Last i checked the Steelers drafted a MLB. Amirite? Spence will be in there soon enough.

Shawn
08-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I think Spence will be in rotation by mid season.

Steel Life
08-19-2012, 10:26 PM
I think Spence will be in rotation by mid season.
I certainly hope so...we need to keep teams honest or they'll dink & dunk us to death.

hawaiiansteel
08-19-2012, 10:30 PM
I certainly hope so...we need to keep teams honest or they'll dink & dunk us to death.

especially with those 10-yard cushions LeBeau has our CBs giving their WRs...:stirpot

Steel Life
08-19-2012, 10:37 PM
especially with those 10-yard cushions LeBeau has our CBs giving their WRs...:stirpot
It is a bad combination...especially if we can't generate pressure without sending the house.

bostonsteeler
08-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, we had the traditional 27 given up on 3rd and 20 yet again. Hope they get it all out of the system in the preseason.

bostonsteeler
08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Well, we had the traditional 27 given up on 3rd and 20 yet again. Hope they get it all out of the system in the preseason.

And again..

steelz09
08-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I didn't see Foote in on ANY plays or any solo tackles. Now, I might have missed some but to me he seemed to be a complete non-factor.

bostonsteeler
08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
I didn't see Foote in on ANY plays or any solo tackles. Now, I might have missed some but to me he seemed to be a complete non-factor.

Ditto here. I'm assuming the D isn't showing most of its packages, so its vanilla D vs. vanilla O and we can't make too many inferences..

JJ looks good so far.

Steel Life
08-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Nope...you didn't miss anything - he was a non-factor.

hawaiiansteel
08-20-2012, 12:11 AM

Foote was officially credited with making two tackles...

skyhawk
08-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Foote is a huge dropoff from Farrior. Foote will be a factor in the decline of the Steelers D.

Jooser
08-20-2012, 07:09 AM
I thought Foote showed up more than Timmons last night. Did he (Timmons) even have a tackle?

flippy
08-20-2012, 08:11 AM
I noticed Foote covering Wayne on a play. He looked pretty good in coverage. Or Wayne has gotten uber slow.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I noticed Foote covering Wayne on a play. He looked pretty good in coverage. Or Wayne has gotten uber slow.

I don't know, but I also saw Keisel out in coverage on Wayne early in the game and Luck threw it into the ground...lol

steelz09
08-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Timmons only had 1 tackle. Foote had 2.

Like I wrote in the 'We need a Safety' topic. Clark had more tackles than Foote, Woodley, Timmons and Chris Carter combined.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Dee Dub
08-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Problem is, Larry Foote isnt very good versus the pass or the run. I think teams are going have a lot of success running at the Steelers inside. Now...who was the ILB from Alabama I wanted the Steelers tom draft? ;)

phillyesq
08-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Problem is, Larry Foote isnt very good versus the pass or the run. I think teams are going have a lot of success running at the Steelers inside. Now...who was the ILB from Alabama I wanted the Steelers tom draft? ;)

I get the case for Hightower, but would you have taken him with DeCastro on the board?

Dee Dub
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I get the case for Hightower, but would you have taken him with DeCastro on the board?

No, I loved Hightower but DeCastro was and is at this point rated higher. I still wish there was a way the Steelers could have gotten him though.

phillyesq
08-20-2012, 03:06 PM
No, I loved Hightower but DeCastro was and is at this point rated higher. I still wish there was a way the Steelers could have gotten him though.

Yeah, it would have been nice to inject youth into the ILB position. I like what I've seen of Spence in coverage, but I've been less impressed against the run.

NorthCoast
08-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Yeah, it would have been nice to inject youth into the ILB position. I like what I've seen of Spence in coverage, but I've been less impressed against the run.

Since it is a rare talent to have both, given the league migration to passing, my guess is the Steelers are leaning toward coverage ILBs and giving up a little on running. I can't say I disagree.