PDA

View Full Version : PS fantasy football league is ready to go. Read new rules here!

D Rock
08-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Alright so I had to make some tough commissioner decisions, but here they are:

I had no response from enip on if he wanted to renew his team (even sent a PM after seeing him post last week), and with Kiwi out we were down to 10 teams. That's an even number, that's a good number, and that is the number we are going with this year. Any other players wanting to sign up, it sounds like the Mt. Mama league still has some openings. There was no response to the idea of making this a money league, so it will not be one. This league is for Planer Steelers bragging rights and pride only.

League setup:

So 10 teams, two five team leagues, 3 from each will make the playoffs which will take place in weeks 14, 15, and 16. The top team from each division will have a bye the first week.

The Draft and Keeper Players:

The draft will be on Monday, August 27th, and 8:30 PM ET. This is before the 4th preseason game, but most starters don't play much in those games so this should minimize any significant injuries while also giving about a week to get ready for the the season with any last week roster changes or decisions made based on that last preseason week.

The keeper rules are as follows:

You have until 11:59 PM next Sunday to select your 1 keeper player. If you select more than 1, then I will assign you the player drafted higher last year. If you select none, well then sorry, but you get none. The keeper player will be assigned to you in the round which you drafted them last year. This is a blind selection in that I will not randomly create the draft order until the morning after (Monday). There is a cap of 5 rounds of value over the Yahoo projected draft position for that player this year. Example: If I were to keep Rob Gronkowski, drafted last year in the 16th round, and now projected as the 17th pick by Yahoo (2nd rounder), then I would be designated as selecting him in the 7th round rather than the 16th round. These rules will carry over to future years as well with the draft values for individual players being re-assessed on a yearly basis. (If Gronkowski was projected as a 1st round pick next year, I would then have to use a 6th round pick to keep him again.)

Next Monday morning I will have Yahoo auto-generate our draft order, and I will manually input the keeper players in to their draft positions based on the rules above. The draft order will follow the standard fantasy snaking pattern.

Scoring:

All scoring rules have been carried over from last year.

Inactive Teams:

We had excellent participation last year, so I don't expect this to be a problem. If there should happen to be a team keeping players in their lineup who are on a bye or injured, aka being a non-active manager, then they will get a warning after the first week. If this happens a second time then I will have to offer your team up to the people of Planet Steelers to see if anyone wants to take control of it. I can do that, because Yahoo now allows me to change managers of teams. HA! It is of vital importance that we maintain the competitive balance of the league on a weekly basis.

This function also would allow me to transfer your team to a new email as I have already done for a handful of you, so if you need me to do that then let me know and we will figure it out. And if a player gets locked out like happened a couple years ago, we can get that sorted out too. Just let me know as soon as possible if there are problems logging in to your team.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey D, I see that the keeper is from the final roster? So is there no way that you can take a player who you drafted, went on IR, and you cut?

thanks

D Rock
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Nope, sorry, it can only be run off of the final rosters.

Shawn
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
You taking any new players? I would love to be a part of it.

D Rock
08-14-2012, 11:57 AM
You taking any new players? I would love to be a part of it.

Jooser's league has some spots still. Check the stickied thread, and one of the pages has the sign up info. Both leagues are set up the same.

legend of polamalu
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Does that date have to be locked in? If so I can't do that date...its the only day I can't do it.

D Rock
08-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Does that date have to be locked in? If so I can't do that date...its the only day I can't do it.

you mean for the draft?

I've messed around in the past with trying to accommodate everyone. It doesn't work. That date was the date set when I first announced the league, so that is where it is going to have to stay.

If you want to rank your players and autodraft then you can do that. If you'd rather not then we can transfer your team to someone else.

eniparadoxgma
08-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Sorry man. Just saw your PM yesterday or today. Guess I'll be taking my FF-suckage to the other league...although I'm aware that the only reason I got cut off is because you guys are skeert. :cool:

DrCalculus
08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
D Rock --- I applaud your decision to balance out the keeper cost of players that were obtained with very late round picks last year. I do think it will produce a much fairer result. I realize it makes a little more work for you, but it is only 10 teams. Thanks for taking my opinion into account.

D Rock
08-14-2012, 10:16 PM
D Rock --- I applaud your decision to balance out the keeper cost of players that were obtained with very late round picks last year. I do think it will produce a much fairer result. I realize it makes a little more work for you, but it is only 10 teams. Thanks for taking my opinion into account.

yeah you had some really good points. The more I looked in to it, the more it made sense that this being the first year for keepers, we had to have everyone start on a more level playing field.

AngryAsian
08-15-2012, 12:46 AM
So D... by my understanding of the rules delineated, if I were to select Cam Newton as my KEEPER PLAYER who was undrafted last year and now is rated #11 in NFL's latest top 200 players that would make him a first round pick so thus I would have slated to be already in my lineup in the 6th round.... correct? Next question... what was the blurb about selecting a second keeper player?

D Rock
08-15-2012, 06:50 AM
So D... by my understanding of the rules delineated, if I were to select Cam Newton as my KEEPER PLAYER who was undrafted last year and now is rated #11 in NFL's latest top 200 players that would make him a first round pick so thus I would have slated to be already in my lineup in the 6th round.... correct? Next question... what was the blurb about selecting a second keeper player?

Yahoo has Cam Newton projected out to the number 13 spot, which would have him as a 2nd, and therefore a 7th, round pick.

There is only one Keeper Player. I was just saying that if anyone happens to select too many players, because Yahoo lets you actually click as many keeper boxes as you want, then I will give them their highest rated player as the keeper.

Oh and one other thing about Newton...even at 11 he would be a 7th rounder, because we now have 10 players this year rather than 12.

AngryAsian
08-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Yahoo has Cam Newton projected out to the number 13 spot, which would have him as a 2nd, and therefore a 7th, round pick.

There is only one Keeper Player. I was just saying that if anyone happens to select too many players, because Yahoo lets you actually click as many keeper boxes as you want, then I will give them their highest rated player as the keeper.

Oh and one other thing about Newton...even at 11 he would be a 7th rounder, because we now have 10 players this year rather than 12.

So now if Cam is my chosen keeper player, I wouldn't have to select a player during our draft in the 7th round because you would of already typed him iPad being on my team...correct. And you will need our keeper selections prior to the announcement of our impending draft order, correct? .... Really appreciate the education on this matter....especially in well written Engrish...:-)

fordfixer
08-15-2012, 10:46 AM
So now if Cam is my chosen keeper player, I wouldn't have to select a player during our draft in the 7th round because you would of already typed him iPad being on my team...correct. And you will need our keeper selections prior to the announcement of our impending draft order, correct? .... Really appreciate the education on this matter....especially in well written Engrish...:-)
???????????????????????????????????:D

AngryAsian
08-15-2012, 11:10 AM
???????????????????????????????????:D

Fast stubby fingers + Android keyboard = mistakes-o-plenty. One of the many reasons I have been lurking over the past couple of months as opposed to posting (no computer access at the hacienda).... :-)

D Rock
08-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep, I need the keeper selections by midnight Sunday, and I will input your selections in to those rounds so you will not be responsible for making a live pick in that round.

Iron Shiek
08-16-2012, 08:19 AM
As I stated in the other thread, I'll be in Jamaica and most likely won't be able to participate. I'll pre-rank my players though so I should be fine (I hope!).

D Rock
08-19-2012, 02:56 PM
If you guys have smartphones you may also be able to draft while away from home. Check for the Yahoo Fantasy Football '12 app.

JAR
08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
If you guys have smartphones you may also be able to draft while away from home. Check for the Yahoo Fantasy Football '12 app.

I'll be too drunk to draft, I'm better off with autodraft. :)

D Rock
08-19-2012, 06:26 PM
I'll be too drunk to draft, I'm better off with autodraft. :)

hahahaha well then, I guess I can't feel bad that you wont be able to be there!

RuthlessBurgher
08-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Fast stubby fingers + Android keyboard = mistakes-o-plenty. One of the many reasons I have been lurking over the past couple of months as opposed to posting (no computer access at the hacienda).... :-)

It's kinda funny that an Android device would auto-correct to "iPad"

D Rock
08-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Draft order has been randomized and set, and the keepers are in place. Smash's Steelers did not select a keeper.

And Ruthless got incredibly lucky. Sometimes I hate that guy.

RuthlessBurgher
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Draft order has been randomized and set, and the keepers are in place. Smash's Steelers did not select a keeper.

And Ruthless got incredibly lucky. Sometimes I hate that guy.

Heh heh heh...I'll take Arian Foster with the 10th overall pick and then get the 11th overall pick to start out round 2...no problem. :p

It will be interesting to see how the keepers effect who gets picked where next week. For instance, will Toe Jam elect to use the first overall pick to take Aaron Rodgers and reunite him with 9th round keeper pick Jordy Nelson, or will he realize that RB's are in short supply (especially with Foster, McCoy, and Forte kept) and there may not be any quality RB's left for him by the time his next pick comes around at the end of round 2 if he doesn't take the hated Ray Rice with the first pick overall. Another interesting point...if Toe Jam opts for Rice, then Mikey wouldn't be taking Rodgers second, because he already has Cam Newton with his 7th round keeper pick.

Smash didn't keep anyone? A second rounder for Drew Brees? An eighth rounder for A.J. Green? A SEVENTEENTH ROUNDER for Antonio Brown (even with the "only 5 rounds below his current rank" stipulation, that's pretty solid value right there if you only had to give up a 12th rounder...if my math is correct).

JAR
08-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Heh heh heh...I'll take Arian Foster with the 10th overall pick and then get the 11th overall pick to start out round 2...no problem. :p

It will be interesting to see how the keepers effect who gets picked where next week. For instance, will Toe Jam elect to use the first overall pick to take Aaron Rodgers and reunite him with 9th round keeper pick Jordy Nelson, or will he realize that RB's are in short supply (especially with Foster, McCoy, and Forte kept) and there may not be any quality RB's left for him by the time his next pick comes around at the end of round 2 if he doesn't take the hated Ray Rice with the first pick overall. Another interesting point...if Toe Jam opts for Rice, then Mikey wouldn't be taking Rodgers second, because he already has Cam Newton with his 7th round keeper pick.

Smash didn't keep anyone? A second rounder for Drew Brees? An eighth rounder for A.J. Green? A SEVENTEENTH ROUNDER for Antonio Brown (even with the "only 5 rounds below his current rank" stipulation, that's pretty solid value right there if you only had to give up a 12th rounder...if my math is correct).

Yeah, tough decisions. But with 1st over all, I can handle it. :)

legend of polamalu
08-20-2012, 05:14 PM
If you have someone to fill my spot/team go ahead with it/..Let me know.

D Rock
08-20-2012, 05:44 PM
I guess that is why Smash didn't select a keeper...

Obviously Eniparadoxgma has first dibs on grabbing his team back to fill this hole. If he doesn't want it, then we will put it up for grabs.

D Rock
08-26-2012, 09:55 AM
I just realized how well our divisions work out with the 13 game schedule. We play each team in our division twice and each team from the other division once. Can't get much more fair than that!

THE DRAFT IS TOMORROW NIGHT AT 8:3O PM EASTERN TIME.

PRE-RANK YOUR PLAYERS IF YOU CAN'T BE THERE, 'CAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES WHEN I BEAT YOU!!

Chadman
08-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh look- with the 6th pick of the 1st Round Chadman has won the Planet Steelers Fantasy Football competition for the 2nd year running. Hooray for Chadman.

:D

AngryAsian
08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
I guess white-folk memory velly bad...cause untir ereventh week injuries affected the then 9-1 Yerrow team....this was almost sealed up last year....undrafted Cam Newton and Victor Cruz? No one works a waiver wire like the Asian!

eniparadoxgma
08-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Hope you saw my keeper in the other thread. If you didn't it's Megatron. Thanks.

D Rock
08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Hope you saw my keeper in the other thread. If you didn't it's Megatron. Thanks.

yeah I got it...he's yours...unfortunately.

D Rock
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Get on over to the draft page and test your system, only a little over 20 minutes til draft time!

eniparadoxgma
08-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm there. Not seeing anyone else though.

eniparadoxgma
08-27-2012, 09:44 PM
So my starting RB has a broken clavicle, my LB is suspended one game, and my kicker was just released? Schweet. :tt2:tt2:tt2

D Rock
08-27-2012, 09:56 PM
So my starting RB has a broken clavicle, my LB is suspended one game, and my kicker was just released? Schweet. :tt2:tt2:tt2

You still have Megatron. I'll call it a draw.

D Rock
08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
D Rock's drafted Roster:

QBs: Drew Brees, RGIII
RBs: Adrian Peterson, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, Donald Brown, Jaquizz Rodgers (points are given for return yards)
WRs: Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Robert Meachem
TEs: Brandon Pettigrew, Greg Olsen
K: Garrett Hartley
DEF: GB Packers
IDP: D'Qwell Jackson, James Anderson, Charles Tillman, Morgan Burnett, Justin Tuck

RuthlessBurgher
08-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Ruths 4 the Ruthless:

QB
Tony Romo, DAL
Philip Rivers, SD

RB
Arian Foster and Ben Tate combo platter, HOU
Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams combo platter, CAR
BenJarvis Green-Ellis, CIN
Cedric Benson, GB

WR
Greg Jennings, GB
Hakeem Nicks, NYG
Dez Bryant, DAL
Denarius Moore, OAK

TE
Rob Gronkowski, NE
Jason Witten, DAL

D/ST
Buffalo Bills

K
Matt Prater, DEN

DL
Trent Cole, PHI

LB
James Laurinaitis, STL
Derrick Johnson, KC

DB
Eric Berry, KC

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/12/awinnerisyou.png

D Rock
08-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Ruths 4 the Ruthless:

QB
Tony Romo, DAL
Philip Rivers, SD

RB
Arian Foster and Ben Tate combo platter, HOU
Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams combo platter, CAR
BenJarvis Green-Ellis, CIN
Cedric Benson, GB

WR
Greg Jennings, GB
Hakeem Nicks, NYG
Dez Bryant, DAL
Denarius Moore, OAK

TE
Rob Gronkowski, NE
Jason Witten, DAL

D/ST
Buffalo Bills

K
Matt Prater, DEN

DL
Trent Cole, PHI

LB
James Laurinaitis, STL
Derrick Johnson, KC

DB
Eric Berry, KC

http://pressthebuttons.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/12/awinnerisyou.png

That's a very good roster. My early reviews have you and Asian as top competitors.

Chadman
08-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Call the Kangaroos the "Veteran Team", if you will..

QB's- Eli Manning, Matt Schaub
RB's- LeSean McCoy, Michael Turner, Shonn Greene, Dexter McCluster, LeGarrette Blount
WR's- Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Anquan Bolden, Kenny Britt, Randy Moss, Mike Williams
TE's- Aaron Hernandez
K- Matt Bryant
DEF- Baltimore
DB's- Troy Polamalu, Roman Harper
DL- Cliff Avril
LB- Von Miller

Not getting a lot of love from Yahoo, but Chadman is quietly confident that this group will be competitive..

RuthlessBurgher
08-28-2012, 02:11 AM
For best QB's, you have to give it to Toe Jam...not only the best QB overall in Aaron Rodgers, but also a starter-quality backup in Jay Cutler as well. Doesn't get much better than that.

For best RB's, it's neck-and-neck between the Asian and the Aussie. On one hand, you've got Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, Fred Jackson, and Stevan Ridley, and on the other hand, you have Lesean McCoy, Michael Turner, Shonn Greene, Dexter McCluster, and LaGarrette Blount. Tough, tough call.

I look toward our neighbor to the north for the best WR corps, with Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Brandon Lloyd, DeMaryius Thomas, and Torrey Smith...that's a ton of big play potential right there.

At TE, Hostile Squirrels takes the volume award with Jermichael Finley, Jermaine Gresham, and Owen Daniels, but I prefer my quality over his quantity here. I splurged early with Rob Gronkowski (the decision between Gronk and Run DMC was tough), then added another top notch TE in Jason Witten late, who slid because of scares about his lascerated spleen. Witten may not be ready to go from the start of the season, but he should be playing when New England has its bye in week 9 (if I haven't traded Witten by then for more assets).

Among the IDP, I may have to give this one to Asian outright. He was the only one to draft 2 DL (Jason Pierre-Paul and Julius Peppers), 2 LB (Navorro Bowman and London Fletcher) and 2 DB (Yeremiah Bell and Tyvon Branch). Psycho Ward could be considered an awfully close second with Jared Allen, Patrick Willis, LaMarr Woodley, Charles Woodson, and Antoine Winfield.

As for D/ST and kickers, that's pretty much a yearly crap shoot. Teams that draft them in the 19th and 20th round have just as good a likelihood of hitting gold than using a valuable mid-round selection for one of these spots. I feel bad for the autopicked teams, since they were given two of each.

Chadman
08-28-2012, 02:32 AM
Much like last season, Chadman's WR's are....questionable. Like you pointed out Ruthless- the Kangaroos strength will be on the ground, with maybe a dash of Eli here & there.

Don't want to admit it- but that asian dude might have done ok.

Chadman
08-28-2012, 02:37 AM
Reckon the strength in your team Ruthless will be in the form of consistancy. Most of your players look to be the type that don't suffer significant drop-off's during the season, but you probably don't have the 80 point weekend guy in there.

Like your QB rotation & as long as they are on the field- your WR's & TE's are strong.

Foster should give you some consistant scores- but it'll be dice-rolling time to decide which Panther RB you pick each week. You know- you could always go grab Tolbert & get 3 for the money...

D Rock
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
chadman has a big time boom or bust roster.

I'll take my starters any day. With my backups I went for potential a bit more. I expect to have my starting roster project to 120+ points a week, and if they reach that number I should tally up more Ws than Ls.