PDA

View Full Version : Could Legs play FB?

pittpete
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Discuss....

toddjammin
08-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I love the idea of Legs playing fullback. I remember in the san diego game in 2009 when legs lined up at fullback and mendenhall ran for an easy TD.

Chucktownsteeler
08-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I just spit my pop on the keyboard.

No, only in goal-line situations.

C-town

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 05:47 PM

C-town

I agree, Legs most likely would only see duty at FB on short-yardage and goal-line situations.

otherwise, the Steelers are more likely to use Will Johnson and Jamie McCoy or look on the waiver wire for a hybrid FB/TE type of player.

Slapstick
08-10-2012, 09:51 PM
In goal line and short yardage, I could see it...

In the open field, I could see a pony backfield with Redman and Batch or Rainey...Redman did a little lead blocking and also carried the ball in certain formations as a FB...

If you put in that pony backfield, it could give opposing DCs a fit...

Djfan
08-10-2012, 10:36 PM
I put this out there a few months back. I like the idea. Perfect build and he gets the game.

Keyplay1
08-11-2012, 07:10 AM
I just spit my pop on the keyboard.

C-townFortunately, I had just finished my drink.

If Legs plays like he played Thursday he'll be lucky to even make the team. He did not have a very good day. Although I'm not sure if it was his responsibility on the play where Rainey got caught in the backfield and shaken up a bit. It could have been a mix-up in assignments. Anyone know?

Shawn
08-11-2012, 08:04 AM
What about big John Clay?

Discipline of Steel
08-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Lets face it, he's a lineman, not a RB so only situationally. Still wish we would have checked out Leonard Weaver when we had the chance....dam you Arians!

flippy
08-11-2012, 08:21 AM
In goal line and short yardage, I could see it...

In the open field, I could see a pony backfield with Redman and Batch or Rainey...Redman did a little lead blocking and also carried the ball in certain formations as a FB...

If you put in that pony backfield, it could give opposing DCs a fit...

Wouldn't it be ironic if we finally saw the pony package BA talked about every year as soon as he leaves?

I just imagined Bronko as a FB in front of Rainey with Rainey passing him into the hole. Heck Rainey might be in the hole by the time Bronko took his first step.

toddjammin
08-11-2012, 09:22 AM
With John Clays size, we should at least try him at fullback during a pre season game to see if he can get the job done.

birtikidis
08-11-2012, 09:59 AM
With John Clays size, we should at least try him at fullback during a pre season game to see if he can get the job done.
Dwyer too. With those two we could run a few more quick hitting fullback traps too.

squidkid
08-11-2012, 12:29 PM
i just got the oportunity to watch the eagles game. based on what i saw from legursky, he couldnt be any worse at FB that he was at center......wow

RuthlessBurgher
08-11-2012, 01:38 PM
John Clay would likely be to fullbacks what Frank Summers was to fullbacks once upon a time. Dwyer was a fullback in a triple option gimmick offense, not a pro style offense...doesn't translate.

Slapstick
08-11-2012, 02:27 PM
John Clay would likely be to fullbacks what Frank Summers was to fullbacks once upon a time. Dwyer was a fullback in a triple option gimmick offense, not a pro style offense...doesn't translate.

I don't know that I would characterize the triple option as a "gimmick"...

Old school guys like Don Faurot and Bud Wilkinson are turning over in their graves...:lol: