PDA

View Full Version : Who Should Start on our OLine?

flippy
08-10-2012, 09:02 AM
After last night, I'm thinking our best bet might be:

LT - Max
LG - Pouncey
C - Legs
RG - Double D
RT - Colon

WTF was going on last night? Adams might just need some time to adjust. But Gilbert was being abused. As was Foster. And there was talk about Beachum being improved which I don't get? And Essex is Essex, the guy that can play 5 positions, but is mediocre at them all.

I'm worried Ben's gonna get killed again by playoff time. Unless Haley can screen our way to the playoffs.

Was Philly that good? Were we that bad?

Lebsteel
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
LT-Max
LG- Foster
C-Pouncey
RG-DeCastro
RT-Gilbert

Adams was very slow and weak looking. What would Trent Cole have done to him? That was a second string DE he was facing. I think the others will be OK. I thought DD looked pretty good. Colon may have to go back to RT since he was a top 3 RT a few years back :-o

pittpete
08-10-2012, 10:47 AM
you people are too much:confused:

pfelix73
08-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I know. Did any of you actually watch the game? Heck, I thought that the Eagles didn't even show up to play in the 1st half. They were that bad. Give the OL time to gel.

RuthlessBurgher
08-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Before this game, I thought our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert

After this game, I still think our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Slapstick
08-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I know. Did any of you actually watch the game? Heck, I thought that the Eagles didn't even show up to play in the 1st half. They were that bad. Give the OL time to gel.

At about 9:40 in the 2nd quarter, the Eagles had two 3-and-outs with minus 3 offensive yards...while the Steelers had 10 points and 26 offensive plays...

Then, the majority of the backups came in for both teams...

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
08-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Before this game, I thought our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

After this game, I still think our starting OL in Denver should be (if Max is healthy):

Sorry Ruthless. If you aren't going to overreact after one pre season game then I'm going to have to ask you to leave the thread. ;)

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM

so what are you trying to say, that you think our starting OL should be:

Starks-Colon-Pouncey-DeCastro-Gilbert? :D

Dee Dub
08-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Flippy, dont you think it's a little too soon to be going in this direction? How are you gonna make it through the whole season at this rate? Talk about an over-reaction...........

flippy
08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Flippy, dont you think it's a little too soon to be going in this direction? How are you gonna make it through the whole season at this rate? Talk about an over-reaction...........

I know I'm over-reacting. :)

I was most concerned about Gilbert and thinking I wonder if he's really better than Colon at T? And then it was a chain reaction. If we move Colon back to T, we don't have an adequate G in Foster or Legursky. And then it's like dominos and every last lineman falls down.

The reasonable side of me says Starx - Colo - Pounce - DD - Gilby should be solid by about week 4 in the season and gelling come the playoffs.

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I was disappointed by the play of Mike Adams, Marcus Gilbert, Ramon Foster and Kelvin Beachum last night.

but it's only one game, let's see how the OL performs from here on in...

Oviedo
08-10-2012, 07:46 PM
From right to Left: Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Colon-Starks

hawaiiansteel
08-11-2012, 06:01 PM
because of Adams' injury we have a new starting OL at camp today:

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

First team OL today: Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Foster.

and:

Ramon Foster can play both guards and now being thown out with the first team at RT. He's invaluable to this OL

http://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

flippy
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
because of Adams' injury we have a new starting OL at camp today:

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib via twitter:

First team OL today: Gilbert - Colon - Pouncey - DeCastro - Foster.

and:

Ramon Foster can play both guards and now being thown out with the first team at RT. He's invaluable to this OL

http://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib

This is confusing to me. Foster seems strong but slow at G. I'm not sure T is the right spot for him.

hawaiiansteel
08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
This is confusing to me. Foster seems strong but slow at G. I'm not sure T is the right spot for him.

I'm not sure there's any other options right now unless we move Colon back to RT...

fordfixer
08-11-2012, 06:43 PM
The best five at the end of camp

flippy
08-11-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure there's any other options right now unless we move Colon back to RT...

I guess we're banking on Max being back eventually and Colon needs the reps at G. But if we get into the season, I bet we'd move Colon to T if we have to.

I just don't see Foster as a real option at T. Maybe I'm wrong?

hawaiiansteel
08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I just don't see Foster as a real option at T. Maybe I'm wrong?

guess we'll find out next Sunday against the Colts, although it won't be a large enough of a sample size to accurately gauge whether Foster can play RT...:p