PDA

View Full Version : DJ

birtikidis
08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Looks like DJ is out with an acl tear. Undrafted rookie all we have for a fb now.

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 12:02 AM
yes, he's out for the year. I feel for the guy, all reports had DJ having a strong pre-season.

here's to wishing him a full and speedy recovery, this pretty much locks up a roster spot for Will Johnson...

Oviedo
08-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Should be able to find a FB with NFL experience or trade for one who has real experience at the position.

pittpete
08-10-2012, 01:33 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lousaka_Polite

Discipline of Steel
08-10-2012, 07:08 AM
Dont worry, Seattle will jettison another quality FB in the near future. First it was John L. Williams, whom we acquired in the 1990s. Then more recently they let go of Leonard Weaver, whom I hoped we would pick up at the time. Next, the Owen Schmidt release had me wondering why they hated the FB position more than Bruce Arians. Can we possibly imagine they will release Michael Robinson now that we are finally recommitted to the position and are in need?

SteelBucks
08-10-2012, 07:22 AM
First preseason game and the team is already banged up. Any update on Adams' knee?

calmkiller
08-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Will Johnson will do fine. No need to bring in another body.

phillyesq
08-10-2012, 10:07 AM
David Johnson actually played a nice game prior to the injury. The catches were nice, but he also seemed effective as a blocker. A real shame.

steelfin
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Should be able to find a FB with NFL experience or trade for one who has real experience at the position.

I was listening to Tomlin on Steelers radio and he stated that DJ was having a great camp and that he really liked the position flexibility that he provided. He raved about the camp DJ was having.

I got the impression that we are not looking for a body just for the FB position...It is unfortunate to lose him for the season...He knows the system and can play both positions.

flippy
08-10-2012, 11:38 AM
Now I don't blame Wally so much for not showing up until he knows he's getting paid.

Feel bad for DJ. He seems to work hard and whiff on a lot of blocks. But he does take a bad rep around here.

RuthlessBurgher
08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.

phillyesq
08-10-2012, 01:16 PM
They may just go with Heath, Pope, and Paulsen at TE for the first month while Saunders is suspended, and then just use Doug Legursky as the short yardage & goal line lead-blocking FB. If we aren't in short yardage or goal line, there is no need for a full-time FB if Bronko can handle those duties (should be 11 personnel...3 wide, single back...as our standard offensive formation). If there is an injury on the OL that forces us to need Legursky to start, then consider bringing in a FB.

I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't rule out McCoy. He's looked pretty good as a blocking FB when I've seen him.

that is what Dale Lolley is suggesting may happen...

Discipline of Steel
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
What about Tebow after the Jets cut him?? :-)

Steelerphile
08-10-2012, 05:17 PM
This was clearly going to be DJ's best season. He had gained some experience at FB last season, so he was going to improve in that department. He seemed stronger and more fit to me and he was just taklng this really seriously. I feel bad for him, but also for the team because I think he filled what they needed at that spot. I don't think the traditional FB is what the team really wants because a FB is not going to line up in the backfield every down. That hybrid guy who can swing back and forth is more in tune with this offense.

birtikidis
08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Here's a thought: put Dwyer at fb. He knows how to play that position already.

hawaiiansteel
08-10-2012, 07:33 PM
This was clearly going to be DJ's best season.

my wife is a big Johnson fan...;)

Oviedo
08-10-2012, 07:44 PM

I read in a couple places that McCoy was doing well blocking. Johnson's injury just may have opened the door for him. Up to him to go through that door.

Oviedo
08-10-2012, 07:45 PM

Waste of talented RB having him block. How about putting Legursky back there?

Slapstick
08-10-2012, 09:44 PM

If Dwyer can hurt his shoulder on a 33 yard run, how in the world would he be able to withstand lead blocking?

birtikidis
08-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Simple, he's bracing for a hit and prepared for it. I didn't see how he got hurt, but I know how a persons body reacts differently in those situations. Taking a hit is much different than giving one.

birtikidis
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Waste of talented RB having him block. How about putting Legursky back there?
Sorry ovi, but in my experiences lineman always want to line up in the backfield.... And there's a reason they don't

eniparadoxgma
08-11-2012, 01:56 PM
my wife is a big Johnson fan...;)

Well played, sir.

hawaiiansteel
08-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Well played, sir.

:Cheers

how you been eniparadoxgma? don't see you posting often, hope life finds you well...

eniparadoxgma
08-14-2012, 08:24 PM
:Cheers

how you been eniparadoxgma? don't see you posting often, hope life finds you well...

I'd say fair to middlin'. I'm not a big fan of the draft and the off-season in general annoys the crap out of me so I've been taking a bit of a break. How have you been? :Cheers

hawaiiansteel
08-16-2012, 02:21 AM
I'd say fair to middlin'. I'm not a big fan of the draft and the off-season in general annoys the crap out of me so I've been taking a bit of a break. How have you been? :Cheers

I on the other hand absolutely LOVE the draft and have ever since I was little (my wife says I revert back to being a child when draft time rolls around).

but I agree with you about the off-season, the NFL and college football seasons can't arrive soon enough for me either.

nice to see you posting again, looking forward to seeing your great sense of humor more often this upcoming season...

Go Steelers! :Cheers

eniparadoxgma
08-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks, man. And back at ya! :Beer