PDA

View Full Version : It's so Mazy, it just might work

lloydroid
08-06-2012, 02:14 PM
From Bleacher Report.....

Marquis Maze was not given much of a chance to make the Steelers roster because of his size and the fact that manyexpected seventh-round pick Toney Clemons to get that last receiver spot.

But Maze has been catching nearly everything thrown at him. Meanwhile, it seems like every other receiver in this competition has been struck with a case of brick hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WfcY4RqS-8

Isn't he about the same size as Steve Smith DeSean Jackson?

Can you imagine how set we will be if this kid turns out to be a baller? Right now,
he is out catching everyone in camp.

fezziwig
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
If you have talent and heart I believe that is good enough when your a reciever. Doesn't work for you at linemman or a position that also requires size but as a receiver, talent and heart should earn you a spot on the roster to me

Shawn
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
He has elite burst and vision. While not all that top end fast, he is sudden and a guy who breaks off big plays. I like him.

grotonsteel
08-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Maze has looked good in camp and OTAs so far as per various reports. I think 5 WR spot is wide open.

Maze can return kicks which i believe is a big advantage. 5th WR on the team has to play ST and Maze can do that.

lloydroid
08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Maze has looked good in camp and OTAs so far as per various reports. I think 5 WR spot is wide open.

Maze can return kicks which i believe is a big advantage. 5th WR on the team has to play ST and Maze can do that.

With that other rookie dropping passes all over the place, this kid has a shot. Some little guys just got heart and a knack for not taking big shots; I think this kid could be one of those. Wallace, Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Maze, Rainey, Miller, Pope, Dwyer....I am liking this a lot.

Keyplay1
08-07-2012, 07:07 AM
This TC the Bleacher Report has been very good. I think I have been paying more attention to it than any other reports. It is usually right there at #1 or 2 on the Google search and deservedly so.

This is a departure for me as frequently in past years I have generally commented that most of their contributors were in the bleachers when they collapsed and got knocked in the head. But not so this year.

Too bad they don't have any videos to support their observations. Anyone else think this has been sadly missing throughout most of the practices. Fortunately there are only two or three more days of all this talking.

flippy
08-07-2012, 09:29 AM
If this kid makes the team, I'm gonna be annoyed if people start calling him Mazy Legs.

Chadman
08-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Last time the Steelers had a guy called "Maze" on the roster they won a Super Bowl.

Well, kind of...(Mays)

DukieBoy
08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
If this kid makes the team, I'm gonna be annoyed if people start calling him Mazy Legs.

Hey Flip ... Did you just open a door you wanted to keep closed? That is a completely annoying nickname BTW, like what they'd call him in Dallas or SF.

Shawn
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Watching his highlights...I really like how small this guy can make himself while still playing with power. I like his ability to get that YAC, by seeing some daylight making himself smaller than he already is and delivering a shoulder. For a guy that is 180 pounds, you still have to wrap him up...slippery. I'm liking this guy.

lloydroid
08-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Watching his highlights...I really like how small this guy can make himself while still playing with power. I like his ability to get that YAC, by seeing some daylight making himself smaller than he already is and delivering a shoulder. For a guy that is 180 pounds, you still have to wrap him up...slippery. I'm liking this guy.

I am too. He has passion and plays with anger. You need to have serious stones if you are going to make it in the NFL weighing 180 lbs and this kid does.

Slapstick
08-07-2012, 04:29 PM
It depends upon what reports you read...

All I've read is that Maze is just as inconsistent as the other guys...

lloydroid
08-07-2012, 05:52 PM
It depends upon what reports you read...

All I've read is that Maze is just as inconsistent as the other guys...

He _is_ a rookie, not surprising to hear. But he has also been turning heads with some sweet snatches.

RuthlessBurgher
08-07-2012, 07:52 PM
sweet snatches

Hey! This is a family site! (just kidding)...;)

ikestops85
08-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Hey! This is a family site! (just kidding)...;)

I thought for sure you would give us one of your famous Ruthlessburgher pictures for "sweet snatches". :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
08-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I thought for sure you would give us one of your famous Ruthlessburgher pictures for "sweet snatches". :lol:

My Google Image Search has "SafeSearch" enabled...:rolleyes: