PDA

View Full Version : Sapp at it Again

Flasteel
07-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I thought he would have learned to keep his cake hole shut after last year's "old, slow, and over" comment concerning our defense.

I was just watching NFL Network and he was on there with Willie McGinest and Tom Waddle. The host asked the 3 of them if the Steelers could still be considered an elite team in light of all of their "question marks".

Waddle gave the metric of an elite team as top five in the conference and put us in that group behind the Pats, Texans, and Ravens. He put us in there, but seemed reluctant to do so. He cited the defense, LeBeau, and Roethlisberger as the reasons why.

McGinest was more effusive in his praise, although he stammered through his explanation a little more clumsily. He essentially used Waddles definition for elite and unequivocally stated were were top-5 in the conference, without ranking any teams. He echoed a lot of what Waddle stated but had a lot of praise for Ben.

Then came fat boy. He said there is no way that a wild card team could be considered elite -only teams that won their division, played at home in the playoffs, or had 13-14 wins could be considered elite- and the Steelers are definitely no longer an elite team (at which point McGinest shook his head and laughed). He cited questions with a new RG and called DeCastro a 2nd round pick. He then started making fun of the fact that he thinks we are going to try and be a run-first team under Haley, and finally he made fun of Steve McClendon starting at the nose, weighing only 280 pounds.

Never mind we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago or the fact that we are the only team with at least 12 wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Never mind that DeCastro is widely-considered the best guard to come out of college in the last decade and was a first round pick. Never mind that McClendon is listed at 280 on the roster but actually weighs 325 pounds. We lost in the wild card round on the road, so we are by definition not elite.

Whatever.

Sapp has proven that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's still steaming about Foote bringing up that incident in Tampa a few years ago where Sapp was doing his usual pre-game barking and wound up getting bitch-slapped.

I just wanted to point this out so more of the Steeler Nation directs more of their ire in his direction. I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.

Steelgal
07-27-2012, 08:09 PM
I caught the end of the conversation. I heard Sapp and Willie's opinion. How Sapp still has a job with that or any network shocks me. Just because you played in the NFL doesn't automatically make you qualified to be an analyst :rolleyes:

hawaiiansteel
07-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.

it already has...

Warren Sapp filed for bankruptcy to avoid going to jail

By Brad Biggs | National Football Post – Sat, Apr 14, 2012

Warren Sapp says a bad construction deal at the worst possible time sent him spiraling into debt that led him to file for bankruptcy last week.

Sapp made his first comments on the situation to Tampa Bay Times columnist Gary Shelton and said he was motivated to file for bankruptcy with $6.7 million worth of debt because he didn’t want to go to jail.

“Do you think I wanted to declare bankruptcy?'' Sapp told Shelton. "Do you think if there was any other way possible I would have done it? It was either this or go to jail. Those were my choices.''

Sapp estimates he grossed about $60 million during his playing days, primarily with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and now he’s reduced to not much. It’s a little hard to believe one failed investment project, building homes in Fort Pierce, Fla., broke him. But that’s what Sapp explains.

Since, he’s become the butt of plenty of jokes. Sapp claims he’s lost not only his Super Bowl XXXVII ring but also his ring he earned as a member of a national championship team at the University of Miami. Losing one ring? OK. Losing two rings? Come on. They’re really been misplaced?

“"We were at the Super Bowl, and I thought I handed it to someone, and he said I didn't. I checked my luggage to see if it was in a side pocket. I checked my suit to see if I put it somewhere. What was I going to do? Yell and scream because I lost a ring?” Sapp said. “That ring didn't make me a champion. Derrick Brooks, Simeon Rice, Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Dwight Smith. That crew made me a champion.

“In my life, has anyone called me a liar? Why would I start now? Someone told me something that John Adams supposedly said. Facts are stubborn. I like facts.”

Prior to the bankruptcy news, Sapp never publicly asked for anyone to assist him in a search for his missing jewelry.

Sapp says he may be down financially but he’s not letting it keep him down.

“When you live like I do,'you know where you are and what you have to do,” he said. “I'm not at war with me. I promise you this. I will never go to jail.''

In legal documents, he did claim 240 pairs of Nike shoes and a painting of a naked woman as assets.

“I'm not an interior decorator,'' Sapp said. "Some designer put that on the wall, and I liked it. It's in my bedroom. By the time a woman gets there, she might be naked, too.”

OK. Unfortunately, Sapp looks a little bare right now as a man with public and real financial issues.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/warren-sapp-filed-bankruptcy-avoid-173009586--nfl.html

BURGH86STEEL
07-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Not sure why people that this stuff so personally?

costanza2k1
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Sapp needs new material. It's getting old now. A couple weeks back we were messing with him and his financial issues and he started slamming us via private messages which I took snapshots of and posted them back on twitter. He's a loser

Flasteel
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Not sure why people that this stuff so personally?

I don't take what he says about the Steelers personally. I take offense to him personally. I covered the Bucs for several years and got to see up close what kind of a person he is.

I printed the conversation to point out how little he knows about this team and that he continues to run his mouth. Sure, he's entitled to an opinion, but you would think his job would kind of force him to do some actual, you know...research. I did figure this display of biased idiocy would cause many of the Steeler fateful to throw a few mental darts in his direction, and I'm hoping I can count on you for a horrible thought or two as well.

By the way HS...I was aware of the bankruptcy, but I will not be truly satisfied until he is no longer relevant in any capacity. Just a Joe who has to bust his ass to make ends meet like most of us.

hawaiiansteel
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
http://cocolillian.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/sapp_beach.jpg

BradshawsHairdresser
07-27-2012, 09:47 PM
I thought he would have learned to keep his cake hole shut after last year's "old, slow, and over" comment concerning our defense.

I was just watching NFL Network and he was on there with Willie McGinest and Tom Waddle. The host asked the 3 of them if the Steelers could still be considered an elite team in light of all of their "question marks".

Waddle gave the metric of an elite team as top five in the conference and put us in that group behind the Pats, Texans, and Ravens. He put us in there, but seemed reluctant to do so. He cited the defense, LeBeau, and Roethlisberger as the reasons why.

McGinest was more effusive in his praise, although he stammered through his explanation a little more clumsily. He essentially used Waddles definition for elite and unequivocally stated were were top-5 in the conference, without ranking any teams. He echoed a lot of what Waddle stated but had a lot of praise for Ben.

Then came fat boy. He said there is no way that a wild card team could be considered elite -only teams that won their division, played at home in the playoffs, or had 13-14 wins could be considered elite- and the Steelers are definitely no longer an elite team (at which point McGinest shook his head and laughed). He cited questions with a new RG and called DeCastro a 2nd round pick. He then started making fun of the fact that he thinks we are going to try and be a run-first team under Haley, and finally he made fun of Steve McClendon starting at the nose, weighing only 280 pounds.

Never mind we were in the Super Bowl 2 years ago or the fact that we are the only team with at least 12 wins in 3 of the last 4 seasons. Never mind that DeCastro is widely-considered the best guard to come out of college in the last decade and was a first round pick. Never mind that McClendon is listed at 280 on the roster but actually weighs 325 pounds. We lost in the wild card round on the road, so we are by definition not elite.

Whatever.

Sapp has proven that he doesn't know what he's talking about. I think he's still steaming about Foote bringing up that incident in Tampa a few years ago where Sapp was doing his usual pre-game barking and wound up getting bitch-slapped.

I just wanted to point this out so more of the Steeler Nation directs more of their ire in his direction. I hate Warren Sapp as a human being and want as much negative karma thrown his way as possible. One day it will finally get him.

Sapp-sucker is just an entertainer...he thinks it's his job to say things that are outrageous, to try to get a good portion of his viewing audience stirred up. He probably doesn't even believe a lot of the crap he says. I no longer get bent out of shape over what he says...just disregard it as so much babble.

BTW, isn't he himself the epitome of "old, fat and slow"? :)

fezziwig
07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
I never liked the guy. I've listened to him speak and I've watched him play or should I say, take cheap shots with both. Sorry to hear these guys losing their money but I have to ask this, why do these guys decide they are business men after they retire from football and have millions in the bank ? If I made the money they have made I would for sure placed it in a safe money fund and still live within my budget and be happy. If they want to get a job or something like that I understand but don't risk the money you already have and that is enough to last you a lifetime or two.

DukieBoy
07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Sapp seeking a significant role, and aggressively expressing his jealousy. He wishes he could have been a Steeler.
May it serve as motivation.

DBR96A
07-28-2012, 06:35 AM
The opposite of Warren Sapp is Todd Haley. Allow me to explain...

One of the many ways that football is like the military is that experience doesn't necessarily give you expertise. Furthermore, it's also possible for them both to become enough of a hobby among outsiders that they develop a good understanding of the concepts and the strategy involved. It certainly requires a longer learning curve if you haven't played or served, but it's not impossible to do.

There are some history and war buffs out there who may never have served in the military, but still have a pretty good grasp of military strategy nonetheless, and could come up with a good strategy given a certain set of variables. On the other hand, while all soldiers do an excellent job of following orders and being efficient and resourceful, not all of them have a mind for strategy, and those who don't probably wouldn't grasp the bigger picture too well. (That doesn't make them any less heroic or more expendable; it just means that they're best suited as a cog in the machine, so to speak.)

In football it's the same way. Todd Haley never played football, but you obviously can't claim that he doesn't know what he's doing as a coach, or doesn't understand the concepts and strategy of the game. Conversely, Warren Sapp had a good career in the NFL, but does he have what it takes to be a defensive coordinator? Probably not. He was best as a cog in Monte Kiffin's machine. The problem is, he believes that his experience has given him expertise, and he grossly overrates it, which is why he's so dismissive of those who disagree with him.

When listening to Warren Sapp, it's best to remember that his experience has not given him expertise, and take his opinions for what they're worth.

flippy
07-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Too bad some Steelers beat writer doesn't have Lee Flowers' phone number. I wonder what sorta comment we could get out of someone like Lee now?

rpmpit
07-28-2012, 07:09 AM
EFF Sapp. When he talks I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown. Wah-wah-wah...

I was pleasantly surprised at how complimentary McGinnest (sp??) was towards us and Ben in particular. He being a former Pat and Brown.

Shawn
07-28-2012, 07:46 AM
EFF Sapp. When he talks I hear the teacher from Charlie Brown. Wah-wah-wah...

I was pleasantly surprised at how complimentary McGinnest (sp??) was towards us and Ben in particular. He being a former Pat and Brown.

But really...how does the armpit truly feel? :)

Shawn
07-28-2012, 07:46 AM
The opposite of Warren Sapp is Todd Haley. Allow me to explain...

One of the many ways that football is like the military is that experience doesn't necessarily give you expertise. Furthermore, it's also possible for them both to become enough of a hobby among outsiders that they develop a good understanding of the concepts and the strategy involved. It certainly requires a longer learning curve if you haven't played or served, but it's not impossible to do.

There are some history and war buffs out there who may never have served in the military, but still have a pretty good grasp of military strategy nonetheless, and could come up with a good strategy given a certain set of variables. On the other hand, while all soldiers do an excellent job of following orders and being efficient and resourceful, not all of them have a mind for strategy, and those who don't probably wouldn't grasp the bigger picture too well. (That doesn't make them any less heroic or more expendable; it just means that they're best suited as a cog in the machine, so to speak.)

In football it's the same way. Todd Haley never played football, but you obviously can't claim that he doesn't know what he's doing as a coach, or doesn't understand the concepts and strategy of the game. Conversely, Warren Sapp had a good career in the NFL, but does he have what it takes to be a defensive coordinator? Probably not. He was best as a cog in Monte Kiffin's machine. The problem is, he believes that his experience has given him expertise, and he grossly overrates it, which is why he's so dismissive of those who disagree with him.

When listening to Warren Sapp, it's best to remember that his experience has not given him expertise, and take his opinions for what they're worth.

Good post.

feltdizz
07-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Most rivals have a guys amount of respect for their opponent so I'm not surprised a former Pat and Brown gave it to us. This is also the reason the Rats and Steelers have a ton of respect for easy other.... Sapp reminds me of Curt Schilling and other blow hards who love to hear their own voice...

MeetJoeGreene
07-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Yeah. If he is going to bash us like that at least get his facts straight .. second round guard and NT that weights 280. Snort. He is such a tool.

I haven't had NFLN for the last year due to my cable package - but I just got it again. To be honest. Not sure I really missed their "analysis". I miss the game replays and the like .. but total access .. not so much

Keyplay1
07-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Watched this video and have been watching a number of videos about the Steelers there recently.

Not sure, but it think Willie McGinest is pretty new there. Beginning to think his comments are at least worth listening to.

In this video and in most of the videos I watched they had a lady host asking the questions. Does anyone know who this person is? I did some searching but could not find out.

fezziwig
07-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Too bad some Steelers beat writer doesn't have Lee Flowers' phone number. I wonder what sorta comment we could get out of someone like Lee now?

Your comment is kind of ringing a bell for me but, it isn't coming back to me. What went on again with these two ?

Oh yeah, Sapps fancies himself and his defense of something of the ages but it was not. I know they had a good defense for a decade or something like that but so have many teams. The fact of the matter is, the Steelers have placed the benchmark for what a great defense should be and with that, no team or player will ever live up to it. This kills Sapps ego and creates the jealousy.
Win four Super Bowls in six season, drown the opponents with smash mouth players like Greene, Lambert, Russell, Blount and the list goes on and then tell me how good you are fat boy. The main reason they won a Super Bowl wasn't because of their great defense, it was because their head coach was the Raiders coach the year before. Knowing their plays, their calls.........hmmm kind of reminds me of Bellicheat. Not that I'm saying Gruden is a cheat like Bellichet, but knowing all you know about your own team and playing them was key to the win.

Flasteel
07-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Your comment is kind of ringing a bell for me but, it isn't coming back to me. What went on again with these two ?

Oh yeah, Sapps fancies himself and his defense of something of the ages but it was not. I know they had a good defense for a decade or something like that but so have many teams. The fact of the matter is, the Steelers have placed the benchmark for what a great defense should be and with that, no team or player will ever live up to it. This kills Sapps ego and creates the jealousy.
Win four Super Bowls in six season, drown the opponents with smash mouth players like Greene, Lambert, Russell, Blount and the list goes on and then tell me how good you are fat boy. The main reason they won a Super Bowl wasn't because of their great defense, it was because their head coach was the Raiders coach the year before. Knowing their plays, their calls.........hmmm kind of reminds me of Bellicheat. Not that I'm saying Gruden is a cheat like Bellichet, but knowing all you know about your own team and playing them was key to the win.

It all stems from two separate games in 2001 and 2002. The first link below will explain the Lee Flowers "paper champions" comments he made following the '01 game (and leading up to the ensuing rematch).

http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021219steelers2.asp

This link will further illustrate Sapp's douchebaggery and how he was punked in his own crib. The article doesn't really mention how badly the Bucs were whipped in this game after Sapp's fiasco however.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/6/6/3067458/pittsburgh-steelers-ike-taylor-larry-foote-nfl-network-warren-sapp-bankrupt

DukieBoy
07-28-2012, 12:58 PM
It all stems from two separate games in 2001 and 2002. The first link below will explain the Lee Flowers "paper champions" comments he made following the '01 game (and leading up to the ensuing rematch).

http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021219steelers2.asp

This link will further illustrate Sapp's douchebaggery and how he was punked in his own crib. The article doesn't really mention how badly the Bucs were whipped in this game after Sapp's fiasco however.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/6/6/3067458/pittsburgh-steelers-ike-taylor-larry-foote-nfl-network-warren-sapp-bankrupt

Very good reads. Thanks for posting.

fezziwig
07-28-2012, 02:19 PM
thanks guys. sapp is a perfect example of someone needing to put another down so they can fel good about theirself. if this guy didn't have a football career i would bet he would have been another welfare case..... you don't think a fat mouthy slob like him could have the will to work, hold down a job and get along with his employer, employees and the customers at mcdonalds do you ?

hawaiiansteel
07-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Hampton vows Steelers aren't done yet

Associated Press
UPDATED JUL 28, 2012

At 35 to begin the season, Casey Hampton, by NFL standards, is old.

Generously listed at 325 pounds, coming off knee surgery and on the physically-unable-to-perform list, Hampton is, at the moment, slow.

But the nose tackle says it's far from over - for him or for the Steelers defense.

More than 10 months ago, Warren Sapp went on Showtime and labeled the Steelers defense ''old, slow and it's over.'' Pittsburgh since has released the unit's three oldest players, leaving Hampton the eldest statesman on a defense that ranked No. 1 in the NFL last season.

Recovering from a torn ACL sustained during the Steelers' January playoff loss in Denver, Hampton said a Pittsburgh defense that remains among the oldest in the league is far from over the hill.

''They've been saying that for how long?'' Hampton said. ''They've been saying, `You're getting old,' and all that for years, and year in and year out we do our thing. So I don't see it being any different this year.''

Hampton was referring to the Pittsburgh defense in general. But he could have also been referring to himself.

Entering his 12th season, Hampton turns 35 on Labor Day. Only backup quarterback Charlie Batch is older among Steelers players. But Batch spent the first four seasons of his career with the Detroit Lions, leaving Hampton the only Pittsburgh player who was around for the opening of Heinz Field in 2001.

Linebacker James Farrior and defensive linemen Aaron Smith and Chris Hoke retired during the offseason - as did receiver Hines Ward - leaving the stout Hampton no one left to figuratively look up to.

''No question about it, when you've been around those guys 10-plus years, it's definitely different,'' Hampton said. ''But that's part of it. You see guys come and go all the time. Those are definitely special guys, but I think those guys will fill in and do their best to make up for it.''

Steve McLendon is filling in for Hampton throughout these early camp practices, and Pittsburgh drafted Hampton's eventual long-term replacement in April, University of Washington defensive lineman Alameda Ta'amu.

Hampton insisted his rehab is going well, saying ''I'll be ready to go'' in time for the season opener Sept. 9 in a Sunday night game against Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

Hampton was hesitant to estimate when he'd be able to come off the PUP list. Notorious over the years for his tongue-in-cheek anti-training camp stance, Hampton failed the Steelers camp-opening conditioning test in 2008. Coach Mike Tomlin put him on the PUP list as a result - a daring move for a coach who was in his second season against a veteran.

That season, Hampton often joked that he relished the time away from the two-a-days on the practice field. He's not embracing it as much now.

''It's different when you're forced to miss it because of injury,'' Hampton said. ''You never want to be hurt and that to be the reason you're on PUP.''

That said, Hampton doesn't want to rush back.

''I don't have no problem with being on it as long as I need to be. I just want to get it right and be right when I'm out there. I don't want to be out there hobbling messing around; I wanna be out there ready to go.''

A first-round pick of the Steelers in 2001, Hampton became a starter almost immediately. Back then, Pittsburgh was one of only a handful of teams running a 3-4 defense - a system Hampton is perfect for at nose tackle.

His career statistics aren't gaudy - nine sacks, 197 tackles (an average of less than 20 per season). But Dick LeBeau's defense isn't designed for the nose tackle to be making tackles or pressuring the quarterback. In layman's terms, Hampton's job is to take up space so that others get the glory.

''You're kind of freeing (linebackers) up, making them make all the plays,'' Hampton said. ''Get your head up on the guy, try to draw the double-team, be as disruptive as possible ... And let the linebackers eat.''

Eating has gotten Hampton into trouble at times with Tomlin, most notably after the conditioning test in 2008.

In street clothes, Hampton looks slimmer than he has at many points over the past decade. He's been working out on his own at St. Vincent College, rarely seen on the practice field even as most of the other Steelers PUP players are regularly on the sidelines during workouts.

''Every man out there, in their uniform or not, has a plan,'' Tomlin said, ''not only in the big scheme of things but daily and by a.m. and by p.m., and he's no different than the others.''

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/hampton_vows_steelers_arent_done_yet/11321836

RuthlessBurgher
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Hampton the only Pittsburgh player who was around for the opening of Heinz Field in 2001.

Wow...just one left...I hadn't made that connection yet, but considering all the older guys who were let go this offseason, that makes sense.

fezziwig
07-30-2012, 01:51 PM
I watch past steeler games and I see players that I've kind of forgotten about with guys like Keisel standing the sidelines as a backup and now they're the veterans of the team. It's a big cycle of turnovers. I used to worry about losing the veterans and will the backups be able to tow the traditional Steeler line and they always manage to do so. Big Snack, Joel Steel, Gerald Williams were pretty good nose tackles over the years and Lebeau knows that he needs a stud up front to make his defense click. I'm high on McClendon but I think and I believe the Stelers feel he is the short term answer until our rookie ( can't think of his name right now ) that we drafted gets enough experience to be the starting nose tackle.
Sidebar: I remember when the coaching staff said Williams was good had all the tools but, wasn't aggressive enough. I also remember they said Joel Steed lacked confidence in the start of his carreer. Hampton, I never heard nothing but praise about him when he came onto to the scene.
If you guys had to pick, whom do you feel was the better nose tackle, Hampton or Steed ? My longterm memory is bad but, I'm guessing right now it would be Hampton.
I just checked out Steeds stats, with that, Hampton has it all over him.

Dee Dub
07-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I think Sapp was pretty close to being right on last year. This team was old (on defense). And as a result they got knocked out of the first round by a not so great playoff team. And as a result the Steelers FO saw that there was a problem and then trimmed this fat (old age), that was on this roster. Sometimes what others say about our team (the negative), is true guys. It's ok to see it too.

fezziwig
07-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I also believe our defense was old last season and I had no problem with that and that he said it. I just don't like how Sapps presents things as if he has a chip on his shoulder about the Steelers. I don't think an old defense was the reason why we lost to the Broncos in the playoffs. We lost because the coaches acted like the Broncos quarterback had no arms.

Slapstick
07-30-2012, 02:30 PM
Steed lacked confidence early in his career because he had his @$$ handed to him every day in practice by Hall of Famer Dermontti Dawson...

I remember reading how Cowher and Donohoe were afraid Steed wasn't worth the 2nd round pick they used on him because he didn't look great in practice...

It turns out, he was a damn fine NT...

fezziwig
07-30-2012, 02:37 PM
I remember when dawson was aked, " who was the best nose tackle you have played against when, the Steelers were looking to replace Steed. " Dawson answered, Kimo Von Oeloffen "
I remember thiose days too when Dawson controlled everyone but, Kimo would give him difficulties. Obviously the Steelers tried Kimo out for a while until they replaced him. Kimo was another darn good guy that made me happy to see him in the black and gold.

Flasteel
07-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I think Sapp was pretty close to being right on last year. This team was old (on defense). And as a result they got knocked out of the first round by a not so great playoff team. And as a result the Steelers FO saw that there was a problem and then trimmed this fat (old age), that was on this roster. Sometimes what others say about our team (the negative), is true guys. It's ok to see it too.

The quote by Sapp was "old, slow, and over". I think we could universally agree that the defense was a little long in the tooth last year, but they were far from over. Sapp wasn't even close in his "prediction" that the Steelers would struggle and it was born from nothing less than his ignorant reaction to the Baltimore game.

Sometimes the negative things others say about this team are true. But in this case, it was nothing more than a lot of hot air from a world-class douchebag.

Shawn
07-30-2012, 04:24 PM

While fans minimize, Sapp exaggerated. The fact is the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The D was old and slow, but still capable. They were exposed in Denver. While they were not stick the fork in em done, they were close. The youth movement on D is a much needed shot in the arm.

DukieBoy
07-31-2012, 08:59 PM
Apparently, Kris Jenkins has not been fond of Sapp, as quoted in the attachment from a Jets board.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/3971-hysterical-quote-kris-jenkins-on-warren-sapp/

BTW, seems the mod who posted on that board has an identity issue.

Flasteel
07-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Apparently, Kris Jenkins has not been fond of Sapp, as quoted in the attachment from a Jets board.

http://forums.jetnation.com/topic/3971-hysterical-quote-kris-jenkins-on-warren-sapp/

Awesome! Kris Jenkins obviously knows Sapp well.

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM

I think the overall identity is pretty darn clear for a guy calling himself "Sperm Edwards" and placing the word "Penis" above this picture: http://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-5645.jpg?_r=0Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Jenkins quote about Sapp is awesome, sig-worthy type stuff, though:

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him," Jenkins said. "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

Flasteel
08-01-2012, 05:28 PM
The Jenkins quote about Sapp is awesome, sig-worthy type stuff, though:

Dude...great idea!!

If you don't mind me thieving that idea, I'd love to keep it in my sig.

DukieBoy
08-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Dude...great idea!!

​Looks good in your sig !

Flasteel
08-01-2012, 07:43 PM
​Looks good in your sig !

Thanks Duke. It feels right too.:D

RuthlessBurgher
08-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Dude...great idea!!

It's all yours...nice...

SteelCrazy
08-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Joe Greene: Warren Sapp didn't mean Steelers remark

"Mean" Joe Greene's menacing nickname of yesteryear doesn't fit anymore. At least not this weekend.

The Hall of Fame defensive tackle was a gentle giant during his chat with Around the League on Friday. No head slaps, no swim moves, no kicks to the shin. Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers legend, was in such a good mood that he handed NFL Network's Warren Sapp a free pass for calling the Steelers' defense "old and slow" at the start of last season.

"Warren wasn't serious when he said it was old and slow," Greene told NFL.com. "He had a reason for saying it, and you ask him what that reason was, and he'll tell you, I'm sure, because he knows about defenses."

Our people will be in touch with QB Killa's people for a deeper explanation, but don't hold your breath.

"(Sapp) did some of the same things we were trying to do in Pittsburgh," Greene said. "In fact, I think some of the defenses they used were brought to Tampa by their coach (Tony Dungy). I think they just took what we did and took it to the next level, and Warren, as a defensive tackle, took what I tried to do -- and wanted to do -- to the next level."

Onlookers can debate which of these two linemen -- Greene or Sapp -- wreaked more havoc back when they were "young and fast." Quarterbacks everywhere are simply thankful they didn't have to face them both at the same time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82b083f3/article/joe-greene-warren-sapp-didnt-mean-steelers-remark

Say it aint so, Joe!

Flasteel
08-04-2012, 10:00 AM
It's all yours...nice...

Thanks man!!:tt2

flippy
08-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Joe Greene: Warren Sapp didn't mean Steelers remark

"Mean" Joe Greene's menacing nickname of yesteryear doesn't fit anymore. At least not this weekend.

The Hall of Fame defensive tackle was a gentle giant during his chat with Around the League on Friday. No head slaps, no swim moves, no kicks to the shin. Greene, the Pittsburgh Steelers legend, was in such a good mood that he handed NFL Network's Warren Sapp a free pass for calling the Steelers' defense "old and slow" at the start of last season.

"Warren wasn't serious when he said it was old and slow," Greene told NFL.com. "He had a reason for saying it, and you ask him what that reason was, and he'll tell you, I'm sure, because he knows about defenses."

Our people will be in touch with QB Killa's people for a deeper explanation, but don't hold your breath.

"(Sapp) did some of the same things we were trying to do in Pittsburgh," Greene said. "In fact, I think some of the defenses they used were brought to Tampa by their coach (Tony Dungy). I think they just took what we did and took it to the next level, and Warren, as a defensive tackle, took what I tried to do -- and wanted to do -- to the next level."

Onlookers can debate which of these two linemen -- Greene or Sapp -- wreaked more havoc back when they were "young and fast." Quarterbacks everywhere are simply thankful they didn't have to face them both at the same time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82b083f3/article/joe-greene-warren-sapp-didnt-mean-steelers-remark

Say it aint so, Joe!

There were both just trying to be as good as Ernie Holmes.