PDA

View Full Version : Keisel Shows Up in Tractor

flippy
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/temp2012_TC_0725_190_0079--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Not sure how to get an image in here, but there's some photos on steelers.com with the arrivals. Keisel's ride is the best.

Says he's gonna ride in on a horse or cow next year.

flippy
07-25-2012, 05:30 PM
http://prod.images.steelers.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/STEELERS/assets/images/imported/PIT/photos/clubimages/2012/07-July/temp2012_TC_0725_190_0087--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

Here's a better pic

flippy
07-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Max's looks in great shape post injury. I thought he'd be 400 lbs.

ramblinjim
07-25-2012, 07:54 PM
that's pretty awesome, i like the idea of him coming in on a cow.

RuthlessBurgher
07-25-2012, 08:17 PM
When Mike Wallace finally reports to camp, he promises to arrive on a cash cow.

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/cash-cow--7d16140-wingsdomain-art-and-photography.jpg

Chadman
07-25-2012, 10:52 PM
This promises to be a testing season coming up, so much veteran leadership has moved on this off-season.

With that in mind, guys like Keisel, Larry Foote, Cotchery, Ryan Clark & Max Starks need to become 'the character guys'. Obviously Troy & Ben will be leaders through their natural abilities & because of the positions they play- but the guys mentioned earlier are the 'greybeards' if you like of their respective groups- OL, DL, DB etc.

The impact these guys have on the younger guys will not be measurable, outside of seeing the results on the field of the younger guys around them. You won't be able to point to DeCastro & say "That was Max's influence right there", but you can sure write it in the book that the youngsters success this season will be directly related to how well these older leaders can influence & guide them.

Gotta love Keisel. "You know, I'm a tractor guy..."

flippy
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
This promises to be a testing season coming up, so much veteran leadership has moved on this off-season.

With that in mind, guys like Keisel, Larry Foote, Cotchery, Ryan Clark & Max Starks need to become 'the character guys'. Obviously Troy & Ben will be leaders through their natural abilities & because of the positions they play- but the guys mentioned earlier are the 'greybeards' if you like of their respective groups- OL, DL, DB etc.

The impact these guys have on the younger guys will not be measurable, outside of seeing the results on the field of the younger guys around them. You won't be able to point to DeCastro & say "That was Max's influence right there", but you can sure write it in the book that the youngsters success this season will be directly related to how well these older leaders can influence & guide them.

Gotta love Keisel. "You know, I'm a tractor guy..."

Chadman should offer Keisel his horse to ride to camp next year. That would be epic.

Ghost
07-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe he's shy or not yet comfortable in front of a Camera but DeCastro is not a good interview.

flippy
07-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Maybe he's shy or not yet comfortable in front of a Camera but DeCastro is not a good interview.

It's weird cause you know he went to Stanford and he's a linemen meaning that he's probably smarter than most football players. But he looks the part of a big dumb jock. Maybe he needs some coaching. It's not like linemen get much limelight. Maybe he's a little nervous?

RuthlessBurgher
07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't need my linemen to be photogenic...I just need them to smash the face of the guy opposite them.

flippy
07-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I don't need my linemen to be photogenic...I just need them to smash the face of the guy opposite them.

He definitely has a face for smashing :)

Chadman
07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
He comes across pretty terrible. Mike Adams sounds more interested. DeCastro looks like those interviewing him are annoying him.

RuthlessBurgher
07-26-2012, 10:30 AM
He comes across pretty terrible. Mike Adams sounds more interested. DeCastro looks like those interviewing him are annoying him.

Maybe he was being interviewed by Ed Bouchette and the feeling was mutual. ;)

Ghost
07-26-2012, 12:25 PM

This was my thought as well, almost bordering on being angry. Ummmm.... you are a first round pick, probable starter on a team (and with a fan base) desparate for good line play. Get used to the questions and have some fun (maybe take Keisel's tractor for a ride around St. Vincent's).

Ghost
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
DeCastro makes me think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4W0R1Zr_8

hawaiiansteel
07-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Another summer camp at Saint Vincent College

July 26, 2012
By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://c4241337.r37.cf2.rackcdn.com/2012/207/781/brett-keisel-arrives-in-tractor_420.jpg

Players have been known to show up at camp in all sorts of stylish rides, but it's likely none ever arrived at Saint Vincent driving a tractor as Brett Keisel did Wednesday.

Veteran defensive end Brett Keisel arrived at Saint Vincent College in style Wednesday afternoon. Well, if not style, then Keisel's definition of it.

While most of his teammates were showing up in Cadillac Escalades, BMWs and other assorted luxury cars, Keisel drove an orange Kubota front-loading tractor onto campus before he checked into his dorm room. Keisel has made a habit of arriving to camp with a grand entrance, and he said his inspiration for the tractor was a nod to his youth when he worked on farms in his native Wyoming.

"I love driving these things because it reminds me of my childhood," Keisel said. "I grew up swathing hay and plowing fields and planting fields.

"I grew up in Wyoming driving one of these bad boys working on a farm. Hard work pays off. You have to deal with adversity, all the things we have to deal coming into this camp."

Keisel has a friend at Murphy Family, Inc., in Washington, Pa., who allows him to use tractors on his local property. He said he drove the tractor about 20 miles Wednesday, including up Route 30 into Latrobe. Along the way, he received some strange glances from other drivers.

"It took me maybe an hour," he said. "I got some looks. People were like, 'What is this guy doing?' "

The tractor wasn't the only symbolic part of Keisel's entrance. He sported a T-shirt with the words "Hunt for VII" emblazoned on the front along with a picture of Keisel in his trademark bow-and-arrow sack pose. A Super Bowl victory this season would be the seventh for the Steelers.

The 11-year veteran also showed up in midseason form in terms of facial hair. "I let it go a little bit earlier," he said. "I'm excited to see what it looks like. I got about two months going right now. It should be longer and more beautiful than ever."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/another-summer-camp-at-saint-vincent-college-646218/#ixzz21kDLkO3B

flippy
07-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Glad someone's hunting for 7!!!!

BradshawsHairdresser
07-27-2012, 11:50 AM
:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap:Clap
:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2:tt2

hawaiiansteel
07-28-2012, 10:28 PM
http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=5l2EB zKvHSe5NQwxw3WKHM$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYvZWcm7g8H5AIF VOsKJCUcvWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg