PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Finally Get in A Movie...

flippy
07-22-2012, 09:47 AM
And some kid shoots up the movie theater in CO during the midnight premiere.

There's nothing on the news for the last 3 days except this story.

He musta been a Ravens fan and disgruntled or something. This is the weirdest, sickest thing. I'm not leaving my house now.

DBR96A
07-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Well it's not every day that a dozen people get shot to death in a movie theater. Quite frankly, it's a more important story than the Steelers starring in a movie.

flippy
07-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Well it's not every day that a dozen people get shot to death in a movie theater. Quite frankly, it's a more important story than the Steelers starring in a movie.

This is some crazy stuff. They were saying there were no signs this kid would do this and in the next sentence, they're saying the kid got 90 packages of ammunition delivered from UPS in the last 3 weeks. He bought 6000 rounds of ammo on the internet, yet no one was suspicious.

They said he didn't have a job and quit school. Yet he still spent $15,000 on ammo in the last month. Seems like that oughta be a red flag. And whoever was supporting the kid and giving him the money to buy all these weapons and ammo should be accountable too.

I was looking forward to seeing this movie since it was filmed in Pittsburgh, features Heinz Field, and some Steelers. But now I think I'll wait until I can get it on Pay Per View.

SidSmythe
07-22-2012, 02:41 PM
This is some crazy stuff. They were saying there were no signs this kid would do this and in the next sentence, they're saying the kid got 90 packages of ammunition delivered from UPS in the last 3 weeks. He bought 6000 rounds of ammo on the internet, yet no one was suspicious.

They said he didn't have a job and quit school. Yet he still spent $15,000 on ammo in the last month. Seems like that oughta be a red flag. And whoever was supporting the kid and giving him the money to buy all these weapons and ammo should be accountable too.

I was looking forward to seeing this movie since it was filmed in Pittsburgh, features Heinz Field, and some Steelers. But now I think I'll wait until I can get it on Pay Per View.

of course their were red flags....same w/ Columbine. Why was nothing done about it??
Probably b/c there's a bigger conspiracy behind all this stuff than what the Corporate/Congressional News Media will report.
Anything but the WHOLE truth

flippy
07-22-2012, 08:20 PM
of course their were red flags....same w/ Columbine. Why was nothing done about it??
Probably b/c there's a bigger conspiracy behind all this stuff than what the Corporate/Congressional News Media will report.
Anything but the WHOLE truth

I always wonder if they do this because they want to take away people's guns and personal freedom. A whacko conspiracy theory sometimes seems more rationale to me than some guy out there being this crazy.

SidSmythe
07-22-2012, 09:09 PM
I always wonder if they do this because they want to take away people's guns and personal freedom. A whacko conspiracy theory sometimes seems more rationale to me than some guy out there being this crazy.

Truth is stranger than fiction my friend!
Once people look beyond what the Corporate/Political News Media tells them, they will find the truth.

I have a saying: "There are 3 sides to every story...the Left! the Right! and then the Truth!"

skyhawk
07-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Truth is stranger than fiction my friend!
Once people look beyond what the Corporate/Political News Media tells them, they will find the truth.

I have a saying: "There are 3 sides to every story...the Left! the Right! and then the Truth!"

Um, so the Steelers were mentioned in the Batman movie? I don't get it.

Chadman
07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
There's a couple of things that deserve pointing out here-

1) Since the shooting, security at all screenings of the Batman movie has been ramped up. Why? Is there a sudden epidemic of anti-Batman gun-toting loonies about to hit the cinemas? Classic over reaction to what is a terrible crime.

2) Flippy- you should go & see the film at the cinemas. If you don't, you fall into Point 1 above. You also are letting acts of violence/terror dictate your everyday life.

3) At what point do we have to put tougher restrictions on obtaining weapons & ammunition? The fact he can buy 6000 rounds ONLINE is very concerning, don't you think?

4) The police spokesman who went to pains to point out the gunman bought everything lawfully didn't put Chadman's mind at ease. Are we saying that, lawfully, legally, we can stock up on as many killing machines as we like? Where's the restrictions on this??

Slapstick
07-23-2012, 07:48 AM
4) The police spokesman who went to pains to point out the gunman bought everything lawfully didn't put Chadman's mind at ease. Are we saying that, lawfully, legally, we can stock up on as many killing machines as we like? Where's the restrictions on this??

None! No restrictions!

This is Amurica!! You got the right to bear arms!! Hell, you got the right to arm bears, if'n you want to!!!

(ahem) Sorry...

It is beyond troubling that a murderer was able to purchase an assault weapon and thousands of round of ammunition without a red flag....

Someone told me that I needed to have a gun in case the government's jack-booted thugs came to my home to take my rights away...

I said that I don't know about that, but the government's jack-booted thugs would certainly find more people at home since it isn't even safe to go to a movie theater...

flippy
07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
2) Flippy- you should go & see the film at the cinemas. If you don't, you fall into Point 1 above. You also are letting acts of violence/terror dictate your everyday life.

Good point. I just don't want to get shot.

Maybe I'll go see it at a drive in. Those are safe right? If you can still find one. There's one about 1.5 hours from where I live. And I just checked and they happen to be showing it.

Chadman
07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Well, if it counts for anything- Chadman hopes you don't get shot too.

That said- unless a vigelante group of wacko's have decided to attack all Batman movie-goers, what are the chances of another shooting at another screening of Batman?

feltdizz
07-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Good point. I just don't want to get shot.

Maybe I'll go see it at a drive in. Those are safe right? If you can still find one. There's one about 1.5 hours from where I live. And I just checked and they happen to be showing it.

Are you talking about the Drive-In in Belmont, NC? I'm probably going this weekend. Thought it would be a cool to take my young cousin to see a movie at the drive-in plus it's much cheaper.

flippy
07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
It's in Henderson, NC. It's out in the middle of nowhere. But it's cheap and fun to watch a movie at night in a convertible with the roof down.

I used to go to the drive in in Latrobe when I was a kid. Wonder if that's still open? I remember going to training camp during the day and then hitting the drive in at night as a kid. I think it's only a couple miles from St Vincent. I remember seeing Star Wars there.

flippy
07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Well, if it counts for anything- Chadman hopes you don't get shot too.

That said- unless a vigelante group of wacko's have decided to attack all Batman movie-goers, what are the chances of another shooting at another screening of Batman?

Thanks. I realize I'm probably safer in a movie theater now than a drive in. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

Slapstick
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
The killer apparently didn't give a rip about Batman. He just wanted a full theater.

It could just as easily have been "Ted"...

SidSmythe
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Thanks. I realize I'm probably safer in a movie theater now than a drive in. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

Flippy...you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident everyday than you have going to the movies.
Just like when Jaws hit the big screen, all the sudden people were scared of going into the water.
It's called "Irrational Fear" ...at the end of the day, the average American takes a higher risk getting into an automobile or taking a prescription drug than they do being shot and killed by a madman.
But yet we let the MEDIA dictate our fears to us...and that my friend is what i call "Irrational"

flippy
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Flippy...you have a better chance of getting killed in a car accident everyday than you have going to the movies.
Just like when Jaws hit the big screen, all the sudden people were scared of going into the water.
It's called "Irrational Fear" ...at the end of the day, the average American takes a higher risk getting into an automobile or taking a prescription drug than they do being shot and killed by a madman.
But yet we let the MEDIA dictate our fears to us...and that my friend is what i call "Irrational"

I'm still scared of going into the ocean because of Jaws. :)

Or remember that time the Laser Loop at Kennywood wouldn't stop for an hour. I'm afraid of rollercoasters after that one :)

And sometimes I'm afraid to go to sleep at night because Freddy Kruger might be coming for me :)

Ironically, I've lived through 2 near death car accidents in my lifetime, so I figure odd are, that's not the way I'm going.

I get it's irrational. :)