PDA

View Full Version : The Board Seems To Have Livened Up A Bit...

Slapstick
07-09-2012, 06:20 PM
...hasn't it?

I wonder what brought that on? :Clap

hawaiiansteel
07-09-2012, 06:27 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/double_yoi_black_tshirt-d235094634739601177aq0kb_325.jpg

Sugar
07-09-2012, 06:37 PM
There were only 32 people looking at it when I got in a minute ago. That doesn't seem very lively to me.

NC Steeler Fan
07-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Aw hell, it's alive nowwww!...the Chicken Ladee is in da house!!

(that was a joke people! :-)

But, seriously, the it's been a lonnnng off season and I feel like we're all rising from the football dead!

Here's to kicking ratbird, stains and bungle asc week in and week out!!

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!

fordfixer
07-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Aw hell, it's alive nowwww!...the Chicken Ladee is in da house!!

(that was a joke people! :-)

But, seriously, the it's been a lonnnng off season and I feel like we're all rising from the football dead!

Here's to kicking ratbird, stains and bungle asc week in and week out!!

Here We Go Steelers! Here We Go!

let the party begin the chicken lady is in:D

Slapstick
07-10-2012, 06:58 AM
There were only 32 people looking at it when I got in a minute ago. That doesn't seem very lively to me.

"Looking" at a message board isn't what makes it lively...

Jooser
07-10-2012, 07:24 AM
The Shroud of the Darkside has been lifted. Amen yinzers.

Oviedo
07-10-2012, 07:57 AM
I think with an "albatross" removed from around the neck of the board 24 hours ago the participation and good discussion will pick up.

Eich
07-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Something happen that I missed?

Shawn
07-10-2012, 08:54 AM

Yes, Oveido's "albatross" was an unsightly rash and a malodorous discharge. But, do not panic...it was effectively treated. :)

flippy
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM

The never ending threads are slowly drifting to page 2 of this board.

Eich
07-10-2012, 06:30 PM
The never ending threads are slowly drifting to page 2 of this board.

What caused that to happen? Did someone leave or was someone forced to leave?

RuthlessBurgher
07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
What caused that to happen? Did someone leave or was someone forced to leave?

Let's just say it's not the smartest thing in the world to insult the owner of the board and then ignore what he is telling you.

Discipline of Steel
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Ill say it...Crash is gone...

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead..lala la la lala la la

Eich
07-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Ill say it...Crash is gone...

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead..lala la la lala la la

Wow... He's like the TO of message boards!! Wears out his welcome wherever he goes.

flippy
07-11-2012, 06:49 AM
Wow... He's like the TO of message boards!! Wears out his welcome wherever he goes.

Word is he was last spotted benching pressing at the end of his driveway...

DukieBoy
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
This planet is no longer the battleground for alien extraterrestials at war with others.

Chadman
07-12-2012, 09:53 AM
You know- Chadman's not entirely happy about this.

Crash can be a knob- absolutely no disagreement there- but if he leaves the constant whinging off the board, he actually makes some good points. Pity he can't seem to get past that 'holier-than-thou' thing though.

what was that bit about Oviedo earlier?

Oviedo
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM

Crash can be a knob- absolutely no disagreement there- but if he leaves the constant whinging off the board, he actually makes some good points. Pity he can't seem to get past that 'holier-than-thou' thing though.

Of course it was:D

That is all Eddie likes to post about. I feel so important.

BTW, I may be down your way end of August. How is the weather that time of the year? Will be in Canberra.

Sugar
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM

I agree. He made some good points on things and caused me to at least rethink preconceived ideas even when I disagreed. I didn't find him nearly as obnoxious as other posters who have been banned in the past.

Slapstick
07-12-2012, 11:09 AM

That's like saying that Charles Manson writes some nice poetry...

flippy
07-12-2012, 11:28 AM

I enjoy Encylopedia Steelerannica. He never seems to forget anything and having him around helps my own memory sometimes. :)

Sure, he's got his hangups, we all do. I feel bad the guy has struggles with social interaction. Some of the other "knobs" (not pointing fingers, I know I'm one of the biggest 'knobs" on the board) around here push him over the edge. And that's unfortunately the problem. If some folks didn't have to push him over the edge, we could have just gotten the good out of him without all the crap.

Flippy does not believe any of this really. Otherwise he might be implying the board owner is a "knob" and that might get Flippy banned. And Flippy wants to sincerely express his gratitude to the owner of PlanetSteelers for creating a fun and mostly 'knob" free community. :)

RuthlessBurgher
07-12-2012, 12:23 PM

BTW, I may be down your way end of August. How is the weather that time of the year? Will be in Canberra.

August is the dead of Australian winter! And Canberra is in the south...not too far from Antarctica...;)

Then again, I'm taking my kids to Disney in August...I'm going to fry down in your neighborhood...:cool:

Oviedo
07-12-2012, 12:39 PM
August is the dead of Australian winter! And Canberra is in the south...not too far from Antarctica...;)

Then again, I'm taking my kids to Disney in August...I'm going to fry down in your neighborhood...:cool:

It is very hot. Not sure of the flexibility of your schedule but try to do some of the non-Disney stuff. There are places not far where you can go on airboat rides through swamps. Kids love that. Also don't discount Gatorland. One of the older attractions but it is worth a day. If you have any questions send me a persoanl message and I'll try to answer them.

Orlando joke: "What is bright red and white all over Orlando?" Answer: British tourists (and maybe Ruthless) :D

Captain Lemming
07-12-2012, 01:30 PM
I disagree with Crash on most everything.
But I almost never make posts in response to a point I agree with.

Crash always makes me come out of hibernation.

I thoroughly enjoy debating the dude and eventually getting under his skin, and he would start name calling. That is why I took on the name "Lemming" a his favorite insult for me on the old board. I see that as a sign of frustration and an indicator that his argument is weak.

He just takes this stuff way too seriously and eventually says something to get himself in trouble. Gotta keep things civil so it is understandable.

Well it was fun while it lasted. :)

Slapstick
07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
I disagree with Crash on most everything.
But I almost never make posts in response to a point I agree with.

Crash always makes me come out of hibernation.

I thoroughly enjoy debating the dude and eventually getting under his skin, and he would start name calling. That is why I took on the name "Lemming" a his favorite insult for me on the old board. I see that as a sign of frustration and an indicator that his argument is weak.

He just takes this stuff way too seriously and eventually says something to get himself in trouble. Gotta keep things civil so it is understandable.

Well it was fun while it lasted. :)

To me, Crash is like an old musical instrument that you used to play in junior high school, but never threw out and stored in the attic...

One day, you find it, take it out of the case, and cause it to make some terrible noises, just for fun...

Then, you get bored with playing it and throw it back in the case for awhile...until you find it again and forget about the terrible racket it made last time...

And the cycle repeats...

RuthlessBurgher
07-12-2012, 03:22 PM
It is very hot. Not sure of the flexibility of your schedule but try to do some of the non-Disney stuff. There are places not far where you can go on airboat rides through swamps. Kids love that. Also don't discount Gatorland. One of the older attractions but it is worth a day. If you have any questions send me a persoanl message and I'll try to answer them.

Orlando joke: "What is bright red and white all over Orlando?" Answer: British tourists (and maybe Ruthless) :D

My kids and I tan (for the most part). However, my wife is pale with freckles, so she BURNS.

We are going to spend 4 days in the 4 Disney Parks, 2 days in the 2 Universal Parks, and likely a day at a water park to break up the neverending heat wave I expect.

flippy
07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
My kids and I tan (for the most part). However, my wife is pale with freckles, so she BURNS.

We are going to spend 4 days in the 4 Disney Parks, 2 days in the 2 Universal Parks, and likely a day at a water park to break up the neverending heat wave I expect.

The wife and I went to Disney when we were in Florida several years ago during January. We did every major attraction in 1 day at all 4 parks. But no water parks for us :)

It was pretty awesome, we literally had 0 crowds and walked right onto every ride/attraction without a wait. The only wait was 20 minutes for the roller coaster in the Animal Kingdom.

We had to hustle to do everything. My wife wanted to kill me when I had her in the Swiss Family Robinson tree house in the pitch dark. I think it was actually closed when we went through :)

Oviedo
07-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Typhoon Lagoon is the best water park. Avoid Wet and Wild. It can be kinda sketchy.

Expect to be surrounded by Brazilian and English tourist and tour groups. The Universal Parks are the most fun.

hawaiiansteel
07-12-2012, 06:42 PM
how appropriate and ironic that a thread that was basically started about Crash has now been hijacked...:D

SteelCrazy
07-12-2012, 06:55 PM
How long is his ban?

RuthlessBurgher
07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
How long is his ban?

Not sure...I wasn't the one who banned him...it was our site owner steelz09.

hawaiiansteel
07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
How long is his ban?

it wouldn't matter, Crash's pride would never allow him to come back and post on this board.

steelz09
07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
How long is his ban?

6 months ... Although I did say that if he came back under a new name (which he did) and posted a bunch of BS (which he did) that I would extend his ban beyond that.

fordfixer
07-12-2012, 09:22 PM
6 months ... Although I did say that if he came back under a new name (which he did) and posted a bunch of BS (which he did) that I would extend his ban beyond that.
Which you are going to do right?

D Rock
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
might as well make it a lifetime ban. I tried a couple weeks ago to give him some credit for posting without causing problems. Almost immediately afterwards he turned back into a punk. It's like he sees that people aren't annoyed of him and has to do something to change that. It's just silly and useless.

D Rock
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Typhoon Lagoon is the best water park. Avoid Wet and Wild. It can be kinda sketchy.

Expect to be surrounded by Brazilian and English tourist and tour groups. The Universal Parks are the most fun.

Brazilians? Water parks? JACKPOT!

hawaiiansteel
07-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Brazilians? Water parks? JACKPOT!

BINGO!

one of the main reasons why I love to watch soccer games involving Brazil...

http://www.uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/BrazilSoccerCheers.jpg

Oviedo
07-13-2012, 08:04 AM
BINGO!

one of the main reasons why I love to watch soccer games involving Brazil...

http://www.uvtblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/BrazilSoccerCheers.jpg

How they dress in Brazil is not how they dress at Disney. They are all about groups of 20-30 teenagers all dressed in the same color t shirt following someone holding up a same colored flag. Sorry to shatter any fantasies. Besides the Disney "family values police" would never permit anything too risque.

Chadman
07-13-2012, 10:54 AM

August is pretty much the end of winter here- but regardless, Canberra isn't exactly Florida...now if you happen to get to sunnt Queensland, however..

Chadman
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM
The wife and I went to Disney when we were in Florida several years ago during January. We did every major attraction in 1 day at all 4 parks. But no water parks for us :)

It was pretty awesome, we literally had 0 crowds and walked right onto every ride/attraction without a wait. The only wait was 20 minutes for the roller coaster in the Animal Kingdom.

We had to hustle to do everything. My wife wanted to kill me when I had her in the Swiss Family Robinson tree house in the pitch dark. I think it was actually closed when we went through :)

" My wife wanted to kill me when I had her in the Swiss Family Robinson tree house in the pitch dark"

Say what now??

Captain Lemming
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
how appropriate and ironic that a thread that was basically started about Crash has now been hijacked...:D

Too funny
So true. Crash hijacked threads to OTHER STEELER TOPICS.

This thread has gone to the Aussie winter, Disney, waterparks, the Swiss Family Robinson, and the attire of Brazilian tourists. :)

Oviedo
07-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Too funny

This thread has gone to the Aussie winter, Disney, waterparks, the Swiss Family Robinson, and the attire of Brazilian tourists. :)

Got to have a flexible mind and be able to multi-task!!!!!!!

Jigawatts
07-13-2012, 02:05 PM

Not sure where you get your information from, but Blizzard Beach has a much higher 3rd down completion percentage than Typhoon Lagoon. Also, Hines Ward once owned a bankrupt concession stand in Typhoon Lagoon.

Jigawatts
07-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Seriously Ruthless, in my experience the Magic Kingdom is a must, followed by Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and then Animal Kingdom.

Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach is kind of a toss up. We usually go to Typhoon Lagoon though. Never been to Wet n' Wild, but as Ovi said it looks sketchy.
I went to Aquatica once and wouldn't go back again if Shamu stroked my dorsal fin.

Haven't been to Universal in a while Haha, I think the last time I was there they still had the back to the future ride. Island of Adventure is awesome, however last
time I was there the lines were ridiculous and I would have bought their version of the fast pass if I would have known. If you do that, get them in advance or as soon as you enter the park
because they sell out quickly.

DukieBoy
07-13-2012, 03:17 PM
Too funny

Most of which is not unpleasant.

DBR96A
07-14-2012, 05:08 PM
He's been banned multiple times from the Scout.com message boards, but they can't seem to eradicate him there. Same with another person who he always gets into long-winded arguments with there. The problem with both of those people is that they don't know when to shut up and they never stop arguing. They always have to have the last word, so you end up with various different topics getting derailed and going on for 10+ pages until they're either locked, or they take their disagreements to another topic.

Have you ever agreed with somebody on a certain topic, yet you hated listening to them argue your stance? That's how I felt about him. And while I've been one of the more ardent defenders of Ben Roethlisberger, I'm not one to elevate him above the Rooney family, Dick LeBeau or Todd Haley. He's merely a player, the lowest on the totem pole among all the people I just mentioned. Is he important to the team? Absolutely. But the Steelers have been one of the NFL's flagship franchises since before he was even born.

Prowler
07-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Crash is a decent guy who would do just about anything for others in real life. He's like a chihuahua on message boards as he won't back down from a debate, as this seems to be his fatal flaw. I like Crash for being direct and honest and for not playing games. Count me in as someone who appreciates all the good in him which definitely outweighs the bad.

grotonsteel
07-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Crash is a decent guy who would do just about anything for others in real life. He's like a chihuahua on message boards as he won't back down from a debate, as this seems to be his fatal flaw. I like Crash for being direct and honest and for not playing games. Count me in as someone who appreciates all the good in him which definitely outweighs the bad.

I don't know Crash personally but i agree with him on most of the things he write.

hawaiiansteel
07-14-2012, 09:35 PM

I agree with you, there is a lot of good in Crash. I always found him to be very intelligent and knowledgeable and enjoyed his different perspective on topics.

however, you can't go and challenge the mods and tell the owner to go f*** himself, that will get you banned from a message board.

D Rock
07-14-2012, 10:43 PM
I don't know Crash personally but i agree with him on most of the things he write.

I guess that's why I find myself not agreeing with a lot of things you say

RuthlessBurgher
07-14-2012, 11:53 PM
I've met several of the folks from the board in person at games (Asian, costanza, SN1, Jiga, MJG, stlrz_d, Iron Shiek, NCSteelerfan, SanAntonioSteelerFan, AkronSteel, Columbussteelerfan, among others)...all are respectful on the board, and are good people in person. I've even met some Sirius NFL Radio guys like the Commish (Brandon from Missouri) and the Big Fella (Adrian from the Burgh) at games. I always wondered what it would be like if someone who is known for douchebaggery on the board just randomly showed up to one of our tailgates in person.

ColumbusSteelerFan
07-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Columbussteelerfan

I think the long drive between NE PA and Heinz Field's getting to you as I haven't met you in person yet! :D

Haven't been to Heinz Field for any games yet, but I did see Ben (finally) and company play in Detroit in 2009. Doubtful that I can make a game this year, but we'll see. I'll let all yinz know if I can.

Slapstick
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM

Even a douchebag is somebody's son...

Flasteel
07-15-2012, 01:22 PM
I've met several of the folks from the board in person at games (Asian, costanza, SN1, Jiga, MJG, stlrz_d, Iron Shiek, NCSteelerfan, SanAntonioSteelerFan, AkronSteel, Columbussteelerfan, among others)...all are respectful on the board, and are good people in person. I've even met some Sirius NFL Radio guys like the Commish (Brandon from Missouri) and the Big Fella (Adrian from the Burgh) at games. I always wondered what it would be like if someone who is known for douchebaggery on the board just randomly showed up to one of our tailgates in person.

Didn't Crash show up to one of these events a few years back? I seem to remember a picture with him and a couple of other board members in it.

Jigawatts
07-15-2012, 02:07 PM
Didn't Crash show up to one of these events a few years back? I seem to remember a picture with him and a couple of other board members in it.

Maybe that was my Harry Nutzak and HHH photoshop from the trib days.

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2012, 09:29 PM
I think the long drive between NE PA and Heinz Field's getting to you as I haven't met you in person yet! :D

Haven't been to Heinz Field for any games yet, but I did see Ben (finally) and company play in Detroit in 2009. Doubtful that I can make a game this year, but we'll see. I'll let all yinz know if I can.

Sorry about that...must have you confused with someone else...He's from Columbus (at least I thought so), and I met him and his wife at two PlanetSteelers tailgates. He watched the game from up on the veranda ramps with me and Jigawatts...Jiga, who am I thinking of? I'll have to see if I can dig up an old picture of us all.

RuthlessBurgher
07-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I thought the guy in the Deebo jersey was ColumbusSteelerFan (not the guy in the Silverback throwback...that's cos2k1). His wife is next to him in the gold sweatshirt. What was his name on the board...it had to be something close to ColumbusSteelerFan, no?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetTailgate111410015.jpg

Jigawatts
07-16-2012, 04:38 AM
BuckeyeHoppy, or as my friend like to call him, "Chris Farley"

D Rock
07-16-2012, 07:01 AM
Alright give us the rundown of who is who. I feel like we need a caption...."From Right to Left: Front row-...."

SteelAddicted
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm kinda new around here, I don't post very often but it's nice to get a different view then mine and to get some news. Thanks!

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
BuckeyeHoppy, or as my friend like to call him, "Chris Farley"

Buckeye!!! See, I knew it was from Columbus, with the OSU connection...I'm not totally nuts...at least not yet.

RuthlessBurgher
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Alright give us the rundown of who is who. I feel like we need a caption...."From Right to Left: Front row-...."

Buckeyehoppy (not ColumbusSteelerFan...sorry...at least it was somewhat close geographically) and his wife are in front with SteelerNation1 and his dad. I already mentioned costanza2k1 in the old school Deebo jersey...the two guys next to him came out from California with him. I'm rocking the old school LeBeau Lions jersey. Everyone else is from SN1's posse. Jigawatts was here that day too, but he went back to his car for something when the picture was taken (or maybe he actually was in the picture, but he slowly disappeared...like Jimmy Olsen's head at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance...yeah, that's a better explanation).

Flasteel
07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Buckeyehoppy (not ColumbusSteelerFan...sorry...at least it was somewhat close geographically) and his wife are in front with SteelerNation1 and his dad. I already mentioned costanza2k1 in the old school Deebo jersey...the two guys next to him came out from California with him. I'm rocking the old school LeBeau Lions jersey. Everyone else is from SN1's posse. Jigawatts was here that day too, but he went back to his car for something when the picture was taken (or maybe he actually was in the picture, but he slowly disappeared...like Jimmy Olsen's head at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance...yeah, that's a better explanation).

That's okay...I've got a board pic with Jiga in it. :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/2v802n8.jpg

grotonsteel
07-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Awesome photoshop skills..

Jigawatts
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Does MJG ever stop working out?:lol:

RuthlessBurgher
07-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Awesome photoshop skills..

Photoshop? That wasn't photoshopped at all. Asian, MJG, Jiga, and stlrz_d were actually in that movie. I feel sorry for that quiche. ;)

Iron Shiek
07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Wow...Harry Nutzack...blast from the past. That was around the time I really started getting heavily involved in the board. Funny times.

I don't think I've seen a post for the next Planet tailgate...but I haven't looked that closely. I'll be at the Eagles game Oct 7th, i'll look for some of yinz.

RuthlessBurgher
07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Wow...Harry Nutzack...blast from the past. That was around the time I really started getting heavily involved in the board. Funny times.

I don't think I've seen a post for the next Planet tailgate...but I haven't looked that closely. I'll be at the Eagles game Oct 7th, i'll look for some of yinz.

I think we'll aim for the Sunday night game against Baltimore on 11-18-12, because primetime games give everyone the most time to hang out beforehand.

I'll be at the Iggles game too, but since it is a standard 1:00 start, I have to get up before the sun rises just to make it to Pittsburgh before noon (i.e. not much time to mingle prior to kickoff).

Chadman
07-18-2012, 11:44 PM
Chadman will be going to the Denver game!

Actually- that's simply not true & can't be supported at all, so scrap that....

If he could though...he'd be so there.

Discipline of Steel
07-19-2012, 12:00 AM
I think we'll aim for the Sunday night game against Baltimore on 11-18-12, because primetime games give everyone the most time to hang out beforehand.

I'll be at the Iggles game too, but since it is a standard 1:00 start, I have to get up before the sun rises just to make it to Pittsburgh before noon (i.e. not much time to mingle prior to kickoff).

Id like to go to that game and meet the group, considering the world is sposed to end in December and I have never yet been to a Steelers game. Plus Baltimore would be a good one to pop my cherry. Is it possible to get tickets for the whole group to sit together? If not, whats the best way to acquire one?

RuthlessBurgher
07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
For the Planet Tailgate games, a bunch of us usually stand together on the rail of one of the rotunda ramps all game (SN1 has his spot behind the goalposts, and some folks have tried to hang with his posse down there, but that tends to get quite crowded). By standing together on a rotunda, you can buy single seats in crappy sections for cheap (relatively) prices, since it does not matter where the seats themselves are located, since we won't actually be sitting in them. I've done this before with Jigawatts, Asian, Iron Shiek, Buckeyehoppy...

NC Steeler Fan
07-21-2012, 09:15 PM

Aw, dude, thanks for remembering me! :lol:

I don't get online much, but I do remember feeling pretty appreciated when you hunted me and my friends down in the nosebleed section of the endzone at that cleveland game. I guess I was so surprised I really never said thanks for reaching out and wish we could have talked more.

On another message board I got to meet quite a few people at Sharkey's (in Latrobe for training camp) for a few years. It was a fascinating experience getting to meet some of the board membersactually, as I not only met one of my best friends, I found out how much of an aschole one of them really was!

I suppose it's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get! ;)

Bring on football season!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
07-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Aw, dude, thanks for remembering me! :lol:

I don't get online much, but I do remember feeling pretty appreciated when you hunted me and my friends down in the nosebleed section of the endzone at that cleveland game. I guess I was so surprised I really never said thanks for reaching out and wish we could have talked more.

On another message board I got to meet quite a few people at Sharkey's (in Latrobe for training camp) for a few years. It was a fascinating experience getting to meet some of the board membersactually, as I not only met one of my best friends, I found out how much of an aschole one of them really was!

I suppose it's like a box of chocolates...you never know what you're gonna get! ;)

Bring on football season!!!!

Well, I'm up in those nosebleed seats myself, so it wasn't much of a journey to stop by for a short visit. I didn't even have to climb up or down any steps...just scoot over a section or so. My son was with me for that game (usually it's my father), and he wanted to know where the heck we were going (he's too young to post on a message board).

Just be glad I didn't call you "SteelHeel" or another poster from North Carolina like I confused ColumbusSteelerFan and buckeyehoppy earlier. ;)

Discipline of Steel
07-23-2012, 06:17 PM
So when will the Ravens game be officially ordained as the PlanetSteeler get together? Those of us without any ticket connections may need to start planning soon if we are to attend.

RuthlessBurgher
07-24-2012, 12:46 PM
So when will the Ravens game be officially ordained as the PlanetSteeler get together? Those of us without any ticket connections may need to start planning soon if we are to attend.

Our gracious host SteelerNation1 agreed that Primetime game against the Ratbirds on 11-18-12 would be great for the Planet Tailgate back on the schedule release thread:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/37226-The-2012-Steeler-Schedule-is-Here!!!

Discipline of Steel
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Where do you suggest is the best place to look for tickets??

RuthlessBurgher
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Where do you suggest is the best place to look for tickets??

I have season tix, so I've never bought them anywhere else. If you plan to just hang out with a bunch of us on one of the verandas, then you can just buy the cheapest possible seats available from a scalper (doesn't matter where the seats are, as long as you get in). If you prefer to have them in hand well in advance (or if you only want to hang out with the group before the game and then go sit in actual seats during the game), I suppose that you could go with the TicketExchange through Steelers.com or Stubhub (both could get pricey for a primetime game against a rival like the Ravens, I would think). Anyone out there who actually has experience buying Steelers tickets on the secondary market have any more specific suggestions?